Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2022 Simulator Mock Drafts

So not really trading Watson in your mock?

Since the site doesn’t permit the trading of players on the active roster, I just found a work around. I would receive a 2022 RD1 and RD2 for Watson. Since Watson isn’t an option I used the Texans 2023 RD1 and then used, “Force Trade”.

Reactions: JB
No trades just grabbing good players at each selection with a chance to make the team/contribute. Doubt some of these players are there where selected though! First mock, if I do it over again probably add a CB instead of TE or RB with my 3rd or 4th round pick.

View attachment 9735

I think you were pretty spot on with the picks. I wouldn’t be surprised to see all these guys in your spots. The one that may not be there is Zion Johnson….he could jump into the RD1 mix.

I’m not going to lie, If the Texans trade down out of the number three spot and take anyone other than Linderbaum I’m going to tune them out again.

I only would be excited about watching Linderbaum because I watched his film and reallllllly love his game.

Trading down could be the best option but as a casual fan I really don’t care about that. I want to see bright lights and shiny things.

Give me Hamilton or Hutchinson…someone with superstar potential that I can be extremely excited to watch. I want bright lights and shiny things at this point.

Would advise newer user to just use default settings. Moving randomness to maximum (right) will produce completely off results. In default mode the only metric moved right is team need. While important, if your a BPA believer, move positional needs more to the right. You also have option of using media/public opinion vs PFF Big Board, would recommend you move this one to right as well favoring PFF board this will produce more accurate results as well.

No trades just grabbing good players at each selection with a chance to make the team/contribute. Doubt some of these players are there where selected though! First mock, if I do it over again probably add a CB instead of TE or RB with my 3rd or 4th round pick.

View attachment 9735
Jarrett Patterson is returning to Notre Dame for the 2022 season.

I don't know how PFF.com determines the selection order. But every Texans pick other than #3 is wrong.

The Texans have:

R2: 37
R3: 68
R3: 80 (from Saints in Roby trade)

You don't target a specific player in a trade down (unless you're trading down one spot). You target a group of players you would be satisfied with.

Green/Linderbaum/Salyer/Penning are guys I would target deeper in the 1st. If Caserio drops down to 7-8, I would look at adding a guy like Gardner/Cross etc....

Not every draft comes with 32 1st rd talent. Most do not.
True. But if you were able to canvas all 32 teams draft boards, more than 32 players would collectively be listed as 1st round talent. Board divergence increases as the draft board becomes larger.

We should try an experiment sometime prior to the draft. Where we message a poster* with the players we consider 1st round talent (could be more or less than 32 players), and he counts the number of players that are considered 1st round talents. The players are then posted on a blind basis.

* I nominate @steelbtexan

True. But if you were able to canvas all 32 teams draft boards, more than 32 players would collectively be listed as 1st round talent. Board divergence increases as the draft board becomes larger.

We should try an experiment sometime prior to the draft. Where we message a poster* with the players we consider 1st round talent (could be more or less than 32 players), and he counts the number of players that are considered 1st round talents. The players are then posted on a blind basis.

* I nominate @steelbtexan
To Texian point, typically the case and this draft no different. There is basically a Top 5 (Hutch/Thib/Neal/Kyle/Ikem) then the next 15 however you choose to stack them (Cross/Linderbaum/Stingley/Gardner/Lloyd/Dean/Ojabo/Green/Karla/GW/Drake/McDuff/Olave/Booth/Burks). Would be interesting exercise though for sure. So I'm going to guesstimate off top of my head 20 sure fire first round talents in the 2022 NFL Draft.

To Texian point, typically the case and this draft no different. There is basically a Top 5 (Hutch/Thib/Neal/Kyle/Ikem) then the next 15 however you choose to stack them (Cross/Linderbaum/Stingley/Gardner/Lloyd/Dean/Ojabo/Green/Karla/GW/Drake/McDuff/Olave/Booth/Burks). Would be interesting exercise though for sure. So I'm going to guesstimate off top of my head 20 sure fire first round talents in the 2022 NFL Draft.

I've got Gardner rated as my 5th best player.

He admittedly doesn't know CB's
I've got both Booth and Gardner first round talents
Tracked down highest spot for Gardner, DJ (Daniel Jeremiah) latest mock had Carolina selecting him with the 6th pick. Sorry but I just don't see it after spending #8 pick on Jaycee Horn last year. More likely OT Cross. However, Gardner is a very high tool, long, instinctive corner w/o Stingley injury concerns. Think he should do fine @ the combine, but team needs will align in the end. Two teams will address QB in the top 10, either draft or free agency. Carolina should be in play as front runners for Deshaun, won't be as big of package as hoped but two first's this year and next might temp Caserio? That leaves Denver as other (Aaron Rodgers?) so the Jets may take the Sauce #10.

Well it’s finally happened, PFF needs to update and increase its draft data base to cover depth of this class. Unable to trade down (too far) and no trades involving current Texans. Played to strength of depth this draft on defensive side of ball. Wanted to draft CB and OG. Instead just rebuilt roster to better fit Lovie Smith Tampa 2 defense. With these players, Texans would have a top 10 defense, Top 5 if they address CB in free agency. Did had a great 3 down value pick @ RB and solid RT to go with a back-up QB, no threat to Mills, emergency, development only. Also traded out with couple late picks (Their board not deep enough for players I wanted) for Patriot 4th rounder next year. This is different.

pff_mock_results 15.png

Good….someone else finally brought him up. Bell could be a real sleeper in mid to late rounds. Check out Jaylen Watson from Washington State when you have a moment.

Sounds like some professional coaching is all that Watson needs. Same with Bell. There's lots there to work with.

Think steelb will get on board with drafting another Watson? :D Fans can keep their Watson jersey just change the number.

:coffee:

Sounds like some professional coaching is all that Watson needs. Same with Bell. There's lots there to work with.

Think steelb will get on board with drafting another Watson? :D Fans can keep their Watson jersey just change the number.

Maybe he could go with 41, 14, or 44.

Is this Watson a Sexual Predator?

Actually this guy's a solid sleeper .
Late 4th early 5th IMHO.

Trick w/simulators is actually having your own big board, use with PFF board (turn up control all the way right) and make picks as close to real value between the two and avoid more than one trade.

This should provide a very useful mock, for others to view and enjoy :wesmantexanfan:

Texans trade Watson to Buccaneers. Texans Get:

WR- Mike Evans
RD1-027
RD2-059

Texans trade Tunsil to Bengals. Texans Get:
RD1-031
RD4-133
RD4-137

Texans trade Cooks to Raiders. Texans Get:
RD2-054

Texans trade #3 pick to Giants. Texans Get:
RD1-007
RD2-037

Texans trade #7 pick to Vikings. Texans Get:
RD1-012
RD2-044

Getting Mike Evans to go along with Collins and Dorsett would be a big upgrade for Mills and the Texans offense.

I don’t think any of the trade proposals would be too far fetched since each would have the individual merit.

RD1-012: LT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa)
RD1-027: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
RD1-031: CB- Daxton Hill (Michigan)

RD2-035: CB- Jalen Pitre (Baylor)
RD2-037: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
RD2-044: DL- Travis Jones (Connecticut)
RD2-054: DE- Cameron Thomas (SDSU)
RD2-059: RG- Jamaree Salyer (Georgia)

RD3-067: CB- Marcus Jones (Houston)
RD3-082: FS- Nick Cross (Maryland)

The first 3 rounds would address offensive and defensive trenches, defensive backfield, and bell cow RB. Getting WR- Mike Evans as part of the Watson trade package to TB addresses the WR1 spot on offense at least through 2024.

Getting this type of haul for savvy moves could actually make the Texans extremely competitive in 2022.

In rounds 4-7….I’d easily add 1 to 2 more RB’s to completely revamp the position and another couple of Safeties late. I’ve also got a late WR in mind as well.

WR- Mike Evans
RD1-027
RD2-059

RD1-031
RD4-133
RD4-137

RD2-054

RD1-007
RD2-037

RD1-012
RD2-044

Getting Mike Evans to go along with Collins and Dorsett would be a big upgrade for Mills and the Texans offense.

I don’t think any of the trade proposals would be too far fetched since each would have the individual merit.

The first 3 rounds would address offensive and defensive trenches, defensive backfield, and bell cow RB. Getting WR- Mike Evans as part of the Watson trade package to TB addresses the WR1 spot on offense at least through 2024.

Getting this type of haul for savvy moves could actually make the Texans extremely competitive in 2022.

In rounds 4-7….I’d easily add 1 to 2 more RB’s to completely revamp the position and another couple of Safeties late. I’ve also got a late WR in mind as well.

Your going to have to come up with a new one now 😬

WR- Mike Evans
RD1-027
RD2-059

RD1-031
RD4-133
RD4-137

RD2-054

RD1-007
RD2-037

RD1-012
RD2-044

Great minds think alike!😅
This is a distinct possibility! (See my mock draft for explanation).

Last edited:
I was reading Number 19’s pitch on how the Texans have mentioned the importance of establishing a running game that can help reduce the pressure on Mills. I really stretched the limits of good taste with the following trades but everyone of them could be justified since all were approved by PFF. I also found an interesting way to trade back into RD1 and it probably works if tried. Here goes:

Giants Get: RD1-003

Texans Get: RD1-007 / RD2-036 / RD5-147

Eagles Get: RD1-007 / RD7-245

Texans Get: RD1-015 / RD2-051 / RD3-083

Saints Get: RD1-015

Texans Get: RD1-018 / RD3-098

Steelers Get: RD1-015

Texans Get: RD1-020 / RD4-138

5. **Trade Back Into RD1**
Packers Get: WR- Cooks / RD2-037 / RD6-183

Texans Get: RD1-022

My Mock
RD1-013: OG- Zion Johnson (Boston College) 5.18-40
RD1-020: WR- Chris Olave (Ohio State) 4.39-40
RD1-022: OG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M) 5.24-40

RD2-036: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State) 4.39-40
RD2-051: DL- Logan Hall (Houston) 4.88-40

RD3-068: DE- Cameron Thomas (SDSU) 5.16-40
RD3-080: FS- Nick Cross (Maryland) 4.34-40
RD3-083: CB- Marcus Jones (Houston) 4.33-40
RD3-098: CB- Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston State) 4.33-40

RD4-108: TE- Jelani Woods (Virginia) 4.61-40
RD4-138: RB- Pierre Strong (South Dakota State) 4.37-40

RD5-147: RT- Andrew Stueber (Michigan) 4.74-40

RD6-205: SWR- Danny Gray (SMU) 4.33-40
RD6-207: SS- Brad Hawkins (Michigan) 4.60-40

:hankpalm:
Please explain, where did linderbaum go?

Kenyon Green, looked slow, no horrible in combine.

no way Chris Olave makes it out of first

love Breece Hall, that is a home run

Logan Hall, plus developmental interior/outside edge

Cameron Thomas, valued rotational piece.

Nice additions to secondary, really like McCollum upside as boundry corner, Marcus Jones returner/nickle/dime packages. Have not evaluated Nick Cross but like position (more about tackling efficiency and takeaways not as much speed).

Wood will rise

last four depth I suppose? What about back-up to Mills? Would like to challenge him, create competition @ QB? Personally I’ve always wanted that. Like Strong in 2nd.

keep them coming, can’t wait to go to the draft in person this year, in Vegas:wesmantexanfan:

:hankpalm:
Please explain, where did linderbaum go?

Kenyon Green, looked slow, no horrible in combine.

no way Chris Olave makes it out of first

love Breece Hall, that is a home run

Logan Hall, plus developmental interior/outside edge

Cameron Thomas, valued rotational piece.

Nice additions to secondary, really like McCollum upside as boundry corner, Marcus Jones returner/nickle/dime packages. Have not evaluated Nick Cross but like position (more about tackling efficiency and takeaways not as much speed).

Wood will rise

last four depth I suppose? What about back-up to Mills? Would like to challenge him, create competition @ QB? Personally I’ve always wanted that. Like Strong in 2nd.

keep them coming, can’t wait to go to the draft in person this year, in Vegas:wesmantexanfan:

What would make this draft even more interesting? Texans have re-structured Tunsil’s contract which could make him even more desirable. I’d re-visit the thought of contacting the Bengals in regards to their interest in Tunsil, now that their potential La’el Collins (Cowboys) deal could be going towards shaky ground.

Ship Tunsil to the Bengals for their RD1-031 and another late pick. I would use that pick to obtain DB, Dax Hill (Michigan). Howard would be moved to LT for 2022 and should be much better with Johnson or Green at LG.

Last edited:
What would make this draft even more interesting? Texans have re-structured Tunsil’s contract which could make him even more desirable. I’d re-visit the thought of contacting the Bengals in regards to their interest in Tunsil, now that the potential La’el Collins (Cowboys) deal could be going towards shaky ground.

Ship Tunsil to the Bengals for their RD1-031 and another late pick. I would use that pick to obtain DB, Dax Hill (Michigan). Howard would be moved to LT for 2022 and should be much better with Johnson or Green at LG.

We should resist temptation, my son and focus on bpa for each draft slot. Meandering and speculation is a road best not traveled.
Who is the Texans back-up QB? And does he offer tools to compete with Mills? Hate to beat :deadhorse but first things first, need to establish franchise QB. Strong is best comp to Mills use early 3rd.
Green was huge disappointment, not even on my draft board. Howard is probably a LG, I say probably because we don’t know, he’s been moved so much, but is definitely a phone booth Guard with good athleticism so left side of interior he goes. Texans have room to bring in Collins now to be the RT. Makes a ton of sense, draft bpa.

Last edited:
Back