Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2021 Texans Schedule

banned1976

sleeper mode
I can not believe people are actually picking the Jaguars to beat us twice, even after they only won one freaking game last year. Good googly goo our fan base on here, are too down on this team. Lol

Even the Panthers were better and people are picking us to beat them. The Colts are a way better team than the Jaguars. So how are we winning that game but can’t beat the sorry ash Jaguars. Confusing
The Texans have a serious talent deficiency and by every count imaginable a complete dumpster fire off the field this offseason. I don’t understand how people don’t understand people being down on this team.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
The Texans have a serious talent deficiency and by every count imaginable a complete dumpster fire off the field this offseason. I don’t understand how people don’t understand people being down on this team.
it’s a matter of perspectives that fans seem to always naturally skew towards being overly negative with the Texans...(rightfully so) In a lot of respects, but unreasonably positive towards every other team.

for instance, the Jags are thought to have more talent basically b/c of Lawrence...but few here are factoring in the fact he’s a rookie, making his 1st starts in the NFL. Furthermore their defense isn’t much better if at all better than ours. Like us, their HC will be a rookie in the NFL. They will also lack a veteran prescence in very few places on their team.

Texansballer74

The Marine
When this team shows something worthy of not being down on them, I’ll gladly pick up the pom poms. I won’t be a blind follower thinking they can do no wrong though.

As for what they do against the Jags this year, who the **** knows? What we do know is that Jake Luton threw for 300 yards against them in his very 1st ever NFL game, and only lost by a failed 2 point conversion. Trevor Lawrence is probably better than Jake Luton.
In the last three years we are 6-0 against the Jaguars. So why are we talking about what Jake did to them years ago. Another thing, all because they doesn’t have the talent you deem worthy does not mean this team is talentless.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
If that’s the case the Texans should’ve made the playoffs last season with a record of 10-6.
The Texans should have finished 6-10 per Pythagorean formula. The two games versus the Titans were particularly egregious outcomes.

There's cheerleading. And there's analysis. I'm with ya, go Texans! Win the Superb Owl! But, any serious analysis indicates the Texans will be among the worst teams in the NFL. If not the worst. No amount of cheerleading changes that. The caveat for everything is that they still have to play the games.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
for instance, the Jags are thought to have more talent basically b/c of Lawrence..
That's hardly true. The Jags have more talent at receiver, running back*, offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, and the secondary. With the attention payed to special teams, I would hope the Texans would hold the edge there.

There was a player on the Texans that could mitigate many of these advantages the Jags have. But, we're all certain he won't be playing here any longer. The changes to the Jags have been both immediate and gradual. And, they're all positive. The changes with the Texans? It's a mixed bag. With the biggest change a big, fat negative.

* Forgot about Etienne, Robinson, and Carlos Hyde. Hyde's still better than anyone the Texans have. Cheaper, too.

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The Texans should have finished 6-10 per Pythagorean formula. The two games versus the Titans were particularly egregious outcomes.

There's cheerleading. And there's analysis. I'm with ya, go Texans! Win the Superb Owl! But, any serious analysis indicates the Texans will be among the worst teams in the NFL. If not the worst. No amount of cheerleading changes that. The caveat for everything is that they still have to play the games.
I’m still willing to wait to see what happens on the field. Otherwise, we might as well let Madden play the games out and wait to see who is crowned the Super Bowl winner....this would expedite the 2021 season and the Texans fans would have the 2022 draft to look forward to.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
In the last three years we are 6-0 against the Jaguars. So why are we talking about what Jake did to them years ago. Another thing, all because they doesn’t have the talent you deem worthy does not mean this team is talentless.
Try what Jake did last year. But thanks for playing though.

Again, if you think they’ve got the talent, good for you. I don’t. Vegas doesn’t. A whole lot don’t.

Not saying Trevor alone makes the Jags a playoff team either, so we’ll see what happens when they clash.

Hey, maybe you ought to try contacting various sports books and jump their asses for having the Jags favored in week 1.

Texansballer74

The Marine
The Texans will open the season at home against the Jaguars for the first time since 2017 and only the second time in franchise history. Houston owns a 14-5 record (.737) in home contests against Jacksonville and have won nine of the past 11 games. Houston's record against division opponents is 35-25 (.583) since 2011.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Panthers week 3 Thursday nite...Is this the only prime time game
And that's only because it is mandatory that every NFL team play at least one Thursday game.

Well, I can't miss the Halloween game against the Rams.
The Rams are the only team I have never seen in person.
You weren't there for Ryan Fitzpatrick's debut as a rookie in 2005?

From his Wiki:

"On November 27, 2005, Fitzpatrick made his professional regular season debut after entering the game in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace injured veteran journeyman Jamie Martin. Fitzpatrick led the Rams from a 24–3 halftime deficit to a 33–27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns, completing 63.3% of his passes and 117.4 QB rating for the game. He earned NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his effort. This made Fitzpatrick one of only eight players who passed for more than 300 yards in their NFL debut. "

Ah, the good ol' Texans. Some things never seem to change. . . :choke:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
That's hardly true. The Jags have more talent at receiver, offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, and the secondary. With the attention payed to special teams, I would hope the Texans would hold the edge there.

There was a player on the Texans that could mitigate many of these advantages the Jags have. But, we're all certain he won't be playing here any longer. The changes to the Jags have been both immediate and gradual. And, they're all positive. The changes with the Texans? It's a mixed bag. With the biggest change a big, fat negative.
Well if all that great talent could be mitigated by 1 guy, it probably wasn’t that great to begin with considering they only won 1 game last year and most of that great talent you’re speaking of was there then. Aside from that most other teams had no problems overcoming our 1 talented guy & no problems beating their ass with all their supposedly better talent so that in and of itself further casts that supposedly great talent in a lesser light.

I will give you WR and QB POTENTIAL and probably LB core with Jack and Allen.....but that’s it. There is absolutely nothing else special about the jags roster other than Trevor Lawrence.

I’m not huge on PFF, but individual player PFF grade for PFF grade, we look better except in the above mentioned position groups. They added Griffin in FA and he’s supposed to be the lead dog for them at CB....his grade is in the 50’s. CJ Henderson? 50’s. Jawaan Taylor was supposed to be the steal of the 2018-19 draft....50’s and he’s not even as good as Howard.

Last edited:

Dejaview

All Pro
That's hardly true. The Jags have more talent at receiver, running back*, offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, and the secondary. With the attention payed to special teams, I would hope the Texans would hold the edge there.

* Forgot about Etienne, Robinson, and Carlos Hyde. Hyde's still better than anyone the Texans have. Cheaper, too.
Then shouldn’t you be down on their FO and coaching staff like you are on the Texans?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Then shouldn’t you be down on their FO and coaching staff like you are on the Texans?
You do know the Jags have a new FO and coaching staff, right?

And I'm not "down" on anyone except ownership. That doesn't mean I'll be cheerleading, either. Always calling it like I see it.

To be fair looking at Jag history he maybe right.
The Jags were actually a pretty good team for several seasons upon their arrival in the NFL. Tom Coughlin was the head coach in those early years and he took the job having only been a position coach. He'd never been a head coach or a coordinator up to that point. We all know how things turned out for him as a head coach in the NFL. The Jags have not always sucked and considering the long strecth of losing more than winning,they still have managed to have decent support from their local fans!

I am a fan of the Texans but I can relate to Jags fans and the long spell of futility. Outside of us, I actually hope the Jags give their fans something to cheer for.

History of the Jacksonville Jaguars - Wikipedia

A winning season by the Jags would be a good sign for us and show us that we too can quickly turn things around. I think by next season we could make a playoff run.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Injuries could happen to some of the teams they play this yr. Example: If Murray is playing with a sprained ankle like he did at the end of last yr then the Texans are more than capable of winning that game.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
The amount of positivity on this board is more a reflection of the love and strong support, regardless the circumstances, the Texans have generated since it was rumored Houston was getting a franchise again. There is no basis in fact, or for any reasonable fan to expect even winning four games this upcoming season. Should all just be about returning to normalcy, gaining cap space, identifying talent then acquiring that talent to move in a positive direction.

I would be satisfied with a couple wins, no significant injuries and the #1 overall pick in 2022 draft. Whatever outcome from Deshaun Watson saga, to be used to build a better roster that can compete. Just be thankful to have a franchise and watch in person again :wesmantexanfan:

banned1976

sleeper mode
The gnashing of teeth some of y’all do anytime someone is “down on the Texans” is quite comical. But the same people getting upset at those of us calling a spade a spade are some of the same people that were saying, not that very long ago, that Bill O’Brien destroyed this team and it would take years to fix it.

My prediction has, and maintains that it’s going to take more than two years for the Texans to climb out of this deep hole. And even then they need some things to go right for them.

Texian

Hall of Fame
You do know the Jags have a new FO and coaching staff, right?

And I'm not "down" on anyone except ownership. That doesn't mean I'll be cheerleading, either. Always calling it like I see it.
It is amazing and a head scratcher at how many people here have put their faith in Cal, Caserio, Easterby and Culley.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
It is amazing and a head scratcher at how many people here have put their faith in Cal, Caserio, Easterby and Culley.
I just don't have the same metric for success in 2021 as the pom pom crowd. I want the young players to be brought along (at a reasonable pace), so they will be ready to start in 2022. That's it. That's a successful season in my eyes. Culture, competition, blah blah...that means nothing to me. You can't develop a culture with players on one year deals. Anyone with a little knowledge of pro sports realizes that.

Coach the kids up, give them a taste of the action in the 2nd half of the season,improve in 2022 as the team rebuilds. That should be the formula. Winning meaningless games in 2021 is superfluous, even counterproductive, to the long term success of the franchise.

Texansballer74

The Marine

You do know these are just prediction right? They have been picking the Browns to be good for at least 6-10 years now. They were only right once. They’re always picking the Cowboys to be good, and how has that panned out in the past 20 years. They’re guessing just like we are . Only difference is they’re getting paid. No amount analysis will actually tell what will happen on the field of play.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
You do know these are just prediction right? They have been picking the Browns to be good for at least 6-10 years now. They were only right once. They’re always picking the Cowboys to be good, and how has that panned out in the past 20 years. They’re guessing just like we are . Only difference is they’re getting paid. No amount analysis will actually tell what will happen on the field of play.
Predicting the future is always error prone, just ask Stanley Kubrick.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There are a lot of factors that go from one season to the next. The Jags were 0-5 in 2020 in games decided by 4 points or less. Using the Pythagorean formula expectation, the Jags should have been a 4-12 team. They've since added a tremendous draft class, signed 4 starters in FA, re-signed two starting o-linemen, and hired a competent coaching staff. I'm predicting a 10-7 record for JAX, due to their improvements and a couple of their divisional rivals taking a step back.
Allegedly

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There’s being down on this team, then there’s predicting getting swept by the Jags. I understand the former. Can’t relate to the latter

Texian

Hall of Fame
I just don't have the same metric for success in 2021 as the pom pom crowd. I want the young players to be brought along (at a reasonable pace), so they will be ready to start in 2022. That's it. That's a successful season in my eyes. Culture, competition, blah blah...that means nothing to me. You can't develop a culture with players on one year deals. Anyone with a little knowledge of pro sports realizes that.

Coach the kids up, give them a taste of the action in the 2nd half of the season,improve in 2022 as the team rebuilds. That should be the formula. Winning meaningless games in 2021 is superfluous, even counterproductive, to the long term success of the franchise.
I don't know how people expect the Texans to be better in 2021 without Watson, Watt, and Fuller. And Watson had his best year and Texans still went 4 - 12. How do you develop culture with a HC who will be here 1 year, maybe 2 and then you start all over again?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't know how people expect the Texans to be better in 2021 without Watson, Watt, and Fuller. And Watson had his best year and Texans still went 4 - 12. How do you develop culture with a HC who will be here 1 year, maybe 2 and then you start all over again?
I don't expect them to be better.

I do expect them to win more games.

Chris

Waterboy
Texans will go 2-15
Houston will end up with the #1 pick in the draft, Spencer Rattler, QB, Oklahoma and we get 3 first round picks after we trade Deshaun to the Eagles

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You acquire talent from the draft (Sucking) and from the DW4 trade. Then the talent will be in place for the next regime to be successful. This is the beginning of a rebuild. Competition will be there because the guys on 1 yr deals want to get paid in 2022. If they dont play hard they wont get paid.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Don’t think it’s a reflection in any faith of Cal or whom ever he hires, it’s more of fans enduring love for an NFL team, friends and family who share in the experience. At least tailgating will still be allowed, that’s a big piece to so many who aren’t necessarily football brains like yourself.

I’ll always support my friends and fellow Texan fans, to cope and deal to a lot of these unsettling moves that are truly confounding. Far as football side I can only follow an organization that I believe in top down, that won’t be Texans any longer. And that just grew organically but started with a QB, a QB that went to my High School and College. No big deal, I would have thought but kept getting better and better...

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's going to be funny if the Texans win more games this yr without the sexual predator. (Allegedly)

Texian

Hall of Fame
There's a difference between blind faith and giving a guy a fair chance to implement his plan. It may work or it may not, but Caserio deserves a chance.
I gave Caserio a chance. Straight out of the box he disappointed. His first six decisions regarding the Texans I disagreed with. I was diametrically opposed to his rebuilding plan. I see no reason why his thought process will change. That's how he's been programmed for the last 20 years. I've seen this episode enough to know the Caserio recipe is for something that is less than average and ordinary.

Texian

Hall of Fame
You acquire talent from the draft (Sucking) and from the DW4 trade. Then the talent will be in place for the next regime to be successful. This is the beginning of a rebuild. Competition will be there because the guys on 1 yr deals want to get paid in 2022. If they dont play hard they wont get paid.
The only problem here is you're drafting and signing players for current coaching staff and offensive and defensive systems. You already have some square pegs for round holes. You got a OC who is from the Earhardt-Perkins school and the head coach and QB/passing game coach are WCO disciples. You hire a 4-3 Tampa 2 defensive coach when most of D players currently on the team are suited for the 3-4. You also have to wonder what kind of coach will come in here next where the GM will be picking his staff and players for him. Simply mind boggling. An award winning recipe for the combination FUBAR and SNAFU casserole. Caserio's GM style is beginning to remind me a lot of the GM Jerry Jones style.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I gave Caserio a chance. Straight out of the box he disappointed. His first six decisions regarding the Texans I disagreed with. I was diametrically opposed to his rebuilding plan. I see no reason why his thought process will change. That's how he's been programmed for the last 20 years. I've seen this episode enough to know the Caserio recipe is for something that is less than average and ordinary.
A game hasn't even been played and you gave him a chance? Right.

I dont agree with all of the moves he's made and would've rebuilt differently too. But I'm not down on him and I'm going to give him atleast 2 yrs to get his plan in place before I start judging him. The 2021 season is a throw away season IMHO.

Texian

Hall of Fame
A game hasn't even been played and you gave him a chance? Right.

I dont agree with all of the moves he's made and would've rebuilt differently too. But I'm not down on him and I'm going to give him atleast 2 yrs to get his plan in place before I start judging him. The 2021 season is a throw away season IMHO.
It's going to be a long, long, long two years. You use to have this forward looking vision, a clairvoyance to see and know the future. Sorry you lost it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The only problem here is you're drafting and signing players for current coaching staff and offensive and defensive systems. You already have some square pegs for round holes. You got a OC who is from the Earhardt-Perkins school and the head coach and QB/passing game coach are WCO disciples. You hire a 4-3 Tampa 2 defensive coach when most of D players currently on the team are suited for the 3-4. You also have to wonder what kind of coach will come in here next where the GM will be picking his staff and players for him. Simply mind boggling. An award winning recipe for the combination FUBAR and SNAFU casserole. Caserio's GM style is beginning to remind me a lot of the GM Jerry Jones style.
They probably will hire a guy that adheres to he same principles. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh McCown is that guy. They only kept Kelly on to apease the sexual predator. (Allegedly)

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's going to be a long, long, long two years. You use to have this forward looking vision, a clairvoyance to see and know the future. Sorry you lost it.
I agree it's going to be a long 2 yrs. It would've been regardless of who they hired as the GM. As of now, I dont know what Caserio's vision is. Neither do you.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I agree it's going to be a long 2 yrs. It would've been regardless of who they hired as the GM. As of now, I dont know what Caserio's vision is. Neither do you.
I know he is not proponent of preserving draft capital particularly in year 1 when it is your most valuable commodity. Nick is all to happy to trade it way. In a year when more draft picks are best, Nick ended up with less. I know Nick is a proponent of fiscal irresponsibility, robbing 2022 and 2023 for what amounts to basically nothing in 2021. Nick has never seen a contract that won't restructure. Buying a hamburger today and promising to repay next Tuesday is just plain bad business and bad management strategy. There simply is no excuse for Culley, even thou you may try. Refusing to take calls about interest in DW4 is just being a bonehead. Refusing to consider college coaches is just plain obstinate ignorance. There is nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest that Caserio will change his thought process. Sitting in a four wall office with no windows checking and grading scouting reports for 20 years does not make one a General Manager. It makes you a file clerk and this is why all of Belichicks file clerks have failed at being a GM, most of them miserably. I'm sure they are wonderful file clerks or Belichick wouldn't kept them around.

Last edited:

banned1976

sleeper mode
The problem is, it’s not going to be two years. Cal has the people here that he likes, that are friends of his. Caserio and Easterby have lifetime appointments. I’m exaggerating, of course, but I suspect those two have very long leashes.

So far, I’m very unimpressed by Caserio’s choices for leadership roles. He’s brought in country club managers to run the team...a team that lacks discipline (if everything we’ve heard is true in regards of how the team as a whole approached preparation for upcoming games).

Which brings me to another question - who are the locker room leaders? I don’t think they have any which is pretty remarkable considering they are the most veteran team in the league.

As someone wrote on Twitter yesterday, the Texans are staring into the abyss. The best they can hope for is that they pick #1 in the 2022 pick and hit big on that pick. I don’t expect the Texans get anything for Watson because I think his career is looking like Vick’s. He’s going to do some jail time, contract will be voided and the Texans will have to release him.