Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

2020 TRAINING CAMP NOTES

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The article is worth reading in entirety. I quote only a small piece within.

McClain: How Texans will adjust to 80-man camp roster
John McClain , Houston Chronicle July 23, 2020

In the Texans’ case, coach Bill O’Brien and executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby signed 85 players. They were keeping the other five spots open.

More than 100 veteran free agents remain unsigned as veterans prepare to report for COVID-10 testing and physicals so they can begin the conditioning part of camp next week.

For rookies — drafted and undrafted — and other players without NFL playing experience, there won’t be any joint practices or preseason games to get a coach’s attention. As O’Brien said before and after the draft, problems caused by the virus mean it’ll be a “veterans” season because rookies are at such a disadvantage.

Two things are tried and true when it comes to trying to impress O’Brien: Players better know the system, including the terminology, and they better show up in good physical condition. Not much irritates O’Brien more than players who make mental mistakes or report out of shape. And if you’re both and manage to not get cut, better head for the doghouse.

Texansballer74

Hall of Fame
It's going to be a "veteran" season until the injuries start to be a factor. If the season is played in it's entirety and the Texans have the same kind of luck with injuries as they did last year, they might have a pretty good season.

Bill O’Brien and staff better learn to coach these youngster up. Just like you stated this team is always ridden with injuries every freaking year. So here’s the time to really do your jobs as well as the veterans players.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Thursday, Jul 23, 2020 03:56 PM
Charles Omenihu trained with Demarcus Ware this offseason | Daily Brew

Deepi Sidhu
TEXANS INSIDER AND LEAD WRITER

After a promising rookie campaign, the arrow had been pointing up for Charles Omenihu, but he didn't waste time working to improve his skills as a pass rusher.

The Houston Texans second-year defensive lineman trained with Dallas Cowboys all-time sack leader, DeMarcus Ware, this offseason. Omenihu posted some recent videos working on pass-rush moves with Ware, a nine-time Pro Bowler who retired in 2017 after 12 NFL seasons.

THE REST OF THE STORY

badboy

Hall of Fame
Omenihu is gonna be a stud and eventual replacement for Watt. If we do have a season, I suggest you watch him closely. Blackson, Omenihu and Blacklock are the future. I heard a comment Jets want O for Jamal Adams.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
We've heard this from Watt and other players coming back from multiple major injury seasons, only to see a repeat of the past. Hopefully, this can be different. But with Watt's extensive injury history and the type of his injuries, I have to realistically remain skeptical.

*************************************************************************************

Texans' J.J. Watt says he feels as good as 2014-15 because of quarantine
Aug 1, 2020
BarshopESPN Staff Writer

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We've heard this from Watt and other players coming back from multiple major injury seasons, only to see a repeat of the past. Hopefully, this can be different. But with Watt's extensive injury history and the type of his injuries, I have to realistically remain skeptical.

*************************************************************************************

Texans' J.J. Watt says he feels as good as 2014-15 because of quarantine
Aug 1, 2020
BarshopESPN Staff Writer
I'll believe it when I see it.