Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 Training Camp

DanielTx

Veteran
Good to hear foreman and fullers back. Hopefully, will has bulked up. I’m glad we can get joint practices with great qbs so Deshaun can study the Bradys & now Rodger. Idk why but I have a strange feeling this season will be the best in Texans history. Your 2020 Super Bowl champs are the Houston Texans. it just sounds right. 2020 is where Brady era ends and the Mahomes vs Watson rivalry starts. This year will be exciting. If the Texans get off to a 0-3 start again, Bill needs to be fired. Idc if we play the saints or whatever good team. No more excuses

Mangler

Toro de España
I wonder if they actually did any drills today, or was it just a workout thing? Weird to not see any “observation” articles on google. I did read about Watt and Fuller being out there on the practice field, but no real details.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
Good to hear foreman and fullers back. Hopefully, will has bulked up. I’m glad we can get joint practices with great qbs so Deshaun can study the Bradys & now Rodger. Idk why but I have a strange feeling this season will be the best in Texans history. Your 2020 Super Bowl champs are the Houston Texans. it just sounds right. 2020 is where Brady era ends and the Mahomes vs Watson rivalry starts. This year will be exciting. If the Texans get off to a 0-3 start again, Bill needs to be fired. Idc if we play the saints or whatever good team. No more excuses
What in the world has given you any indication we'll be successful? The continued mistakes with the head coach? The awful off season execution firing the gm? The lack of depth at wr, cb, safety, and rb? I'm genuinely curious. Your head coach has averaged 12.5ppg in the playoffs and gone 1-3 in the post season. I'm genuinely curious what makes you think he has it.

Gayle Dotts

Practice Squad
Nuk doesn’t have nose hairs, I promise.
In 2004 I took my 300mm into practice... no problems.
In 2006 I took my 300mm into practice no problems.
Now 2019 I hear 3" lens max here...6" lens max in other franchises. WOW take a picture you can say look at that dot on the field, that's JJ.
Past years here people have uploaded pictures on this forum they have taken with telephoto lens. So does that mean nobody gets to see any pictures NOW of these practices??? If they do how did they get their lens in???

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Now 2019 I hear 3" lens max here...6" lens max in other franchises. WOW take a picture you can say look at that dot on the field, that's JJ.
Past years here people have uploaded pictures on this forum they have taken with telephoto lens. So does that mean nobody gets to see any pictures NOW of these practices??? If they do how did they get their lens in???
Maybe protecting against Belichick.

texanhead08

All Pro

I got tired of getting hassled about mine at games last year and stopped trying. UH games I have no issue.

KarlK

Waterboy
What a bizarre post.

Gayle Dotts

Practice Squad
I got tired of getting hassled about mine at games last year and stopped trying. UH games I have no issue.
I've taken football sideline pictures since 1977 thousands of high school and college games. With newspapers mostly gone to the internet, how does someone get approved access for cameras? Surrendering all rights to pictures as to making money off them is not a problem....but television stations seems to be the only coverage.

Wolf6151

All Pro
Someone's been drinking way to much battle red kool-aid

DanielTx

Veteran
What in the world has given you any indication we'll be successful? The continued mistakes with the head coach? The awful off season execution firing the gm? The lack of depth at wr, cb, safety, and rb? I'm genuinely curious. Your head coach has averaged 12.5ppg in the playoffs and gone 1-3 in the post season. I'm genuinely curious what makes you think he has it.
I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. As someone mentioned before, this season will be a win/win no matter how you look at it. Only 2 scenarios that can play out here. Either the Texans make it far into the playoffs or Billy is fired. Maybe my first post sounded delusional but like I said, Idk. I just have a strange feeling.

Look at the positives.
JJ watt is coming off a healthy off season

D.Hops is the best receiver in the league. YEAH I SAID IT!

The Texans finished 10-6. I believe that’s Billy’s best record with the team? Hes usually 9-7 or 8-8.

I found out our 1st round pick is related to me. We’re around the same age. 22-23 I have family in Alabama. Wish him the best of luck. If he doesn’t play good I’m going to pay him a visit with my bat

Deshaun will be elite. Not too many guys can play behind the worst line and put up pro bowl numbers. This guy will be on multiple madden covers in the future.

Honestly if billy was that bad of a coach, why hasn’t JJ or any of our leaders called him out yet? Or maybe JJ just doesn’t have a champion motor? lol that’s false. Just relax guys and be excited you’re about to witness history.

Last edited:

Max

Veteran
I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. As someone mentioned before, this season will be a win/win no matter how you look at it. Only 2 scenarios that can play out here. Either the Texans make it far into the playoffs or Billy is fired. Maybe my first post sounded delusional but like I said, Idk. I just have a strange feeling.

Look at the positives.

The Texans finished 10-6. I believe that’s Billy’s best record with the team? Hes usually 9-7 or 8-8.

I found out our 1st round pick is related to me. We’re around the same age. 22-23 I have family in Alabama. Wish him the best of luck. If he doesn’t play good I’m going to pay him a visit with my bat

Deshaun will be elite. Not too many guys can play behind the worst line and put up pro bowl numbers. This guy will be on multiple madden covers in the future.

Honestly if billy was that bad of a coach, why hasn’t JJ or any of our leaders called him out yet? Or maybe JJ just doesn’t have a champion motor? lol that’s false. Just relax guys and be excited you’re about to witness history.
I get where you're coming from but would say it a little different as I don't think that it's necessarily a deep playoff run or BOB's gone. I do think that we'll know what we need to know about BOB this year (for those of us who haven't completely given up on him). The talent is there this year for a really good football coach to be competitive and field a competent offense against the top tier teams. We should be able to go blow for blow with anyone and maybe we don't win them all but we shouldn't be outclassed either. If we're not competitive week in and week out, BOB doesn't have what it takes and should go. I don't know that McNair will see it this way though but he should. So for me, the good news is that either we're a good team this year or I think the fan base is probably going to turn on BOB. He might not get fired right away but he will eventually if that happens.

KarlK

Waterboy

Look at the positives.

We all think the Texans will be at least decent this year. Watson is a good, but not elite, qb and will continue to get better. The top 3 receivers are as explosive as any in the league. TEs have alot of potential. I happen to agree that Hopkins is the best WR in the league, as well. The defensive front 7 is strong. Lots of things to like.

What you are describing is a fantasy and without merit, though. You sound like one of those delusional fanboys who spouts off with alot of ridiculous hyperbole. Please don't be that guy any longer, you aren't convincing anyone of anything.

Dejaview

All Pro
Danieltx has a point. It’s an offset view on this “Texans board” that should be allowed without typical bullying. So as a response, Lol, it’s truly gratifying to see the same miserable whiners continue down their angered road to insanity! But of course, as some here indicate, they can still do their drugs and booze to make it all good again! Lolol! Certifiable.

Dejaview

All Pro
Realists are far from whiners.
People that make this world go are those that demand the best.
You need hope, but hope alone isn't a good plan.
You are right. Realists are far from whiners. Infantrycak, btw, is spot on. Whiners ad nauseum post the same sarcastic crap 24-7 here with of course no ability to “make this world go”, lol. The whiners on this board are far from “ people that make this world go”. They are powerless to make a difference with the Texans but constantly derail and flood threads with so much bs it is impossible to try to read through the crap to find a point. Same ones are dumb enough to tout their alcohol and drug abuse hiding behind their keyboards. Poster above implicitly stated delusional fanboys cant convince a board that is obviously under control of the whiners. Well I’m a delusional fanboy. Im a realist, too. I’ve done my part to make the world go...none of which would have EVER occurred if I adopted the attitude of the whiners here. I make no predictions where this season is headed but I am encouraged and impressed with this team and players and how hard they are competing to break our past history. I want to be behind them from the first moment this history turns around. Fanboy, yes. Delusional...I know our history. Hope, always. But I’m on the side of every one of these young men, each of which crap bigger than message board whiners.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
You are right. Realists are far from whiners. Infantrycak, btw, is spot on. Whiners ad nauseum post the same sarcastic crap 24-7 here with of course no ability to “make this world go”, lol. The whiners on this board are far from “ people that make this world go”. They are powerless to make a difference with the Texans but constantly derail and flood threads with so much bs it is impossible to try to read through the crap to find a point. Same ones are dumb enough to tout their alcohol and drug abuse hiding behind their keyboards. Poster above implicitly stated delusional fanboys cant convince a board that is obviously under control of the whiners. Well I’m a delusional fanboy. Im a realist, too. I’ve done my part to make the world go...none of which would have EVER occurred if I adopted the attitude of the whiners here. I make no predictions where this season is headed but I am encouraged and impressed with this team and players and how hard they are competing to break our past history. I want to be behind them from the first moment this history turns around. Fanboy, yes. Delusional...I know our history. Hope, always. But I’m on the side of every one of these young men, each of which crap bigger than message board whiners.
Thinking through something that doesn't need any thinking though will lead you to the evils of drugs and alcohol.

BEWARE the overthinker, for he shalt be your ruin!

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
So you make a bunch of posts to whine about whiners?

There's a mute button here if the whining is that bad for you. Ignore them and stick to the damn topic at hand instead of adding to the whining.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Not disagreeing with your point but I almost want the word realist banned from the MB. It's 99% used as a poster complimenting themself.
Idk. From what I can tell, a realist typically plans for the worst. I think I can expect our ol to suck this year until proven wrong. I say that wholeheartedly without a whisper of how great or shitty I am.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
How can this team ever have fight when everybody knows the head coach acts like high school prom queen who schemes stabs people in the back.

Cal please blow this staff up.

texanhead08

All Pro
No chance of that as long as the coaches stunt his growth training him in multiple positions.

How many ol do we need to ruin before this staff realizes "versatile" should be exclusive to backup vetrans?

I agree you draft a guy high so you can put him at a certain position and not worry about it for 10yrs if all goes right. You don't draft a guy to play 4 positions and none at a level for him to just stay in one spot.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
OB- I'll take the blame for this loss....put it on me.

CM- Ok Bill, doesn't appear the team has responded to your approach....I think its time we move in a new direction.

OB- Duck that!!!! I'm not taking the blame for piss-poor drafts or FA signings, past QB issues, horrible OL personnel, or bad execution of play calling or game management.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I agree you draft a guy high so you can put him at a certain position and not worry about it for 10yrs if all goes right. You don't draft a guy to play 4 positions and none at a level for him to just stay in one spot.
Ever thought maybe Howard isn't a LT?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I get where you're coming from but would say it a little different as I don't think that it's necessarily a deep playoff run or BOB's gone. I do think that we'll know what we need to know about BOB this year (for those of us who haven't completely given up on him). The talent is there this year for a really good football coach to be competitive and field a competent offense against the top tier teams. We should be able to go blow for blow with anyone and maybe we don't win them all but we shouldn't be outclassed either. If we're not competitive week in and week out, BOB doesn't have what it takes and should go. I don't know that McNair will see it this way though but he should. So for me, the good news is that either we're a good team this year or I think the fan base is probably going to turn on BOB. He might not get fired right away but he will eventually if that happens.
The offense should be better with health. However the offense wont be competent until the OL gets fixed.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If only the draft was like Amazon where you can order whatever you want, whenever you want it. Unfortunately you have to get what you can, while you can.

I don't agree with what the Texans did in the draft, but I have no illusions about who they thought Howard was. Would be nice if he can start week one. But if not, they've made contingencies. Big whoop.

Y'all do realize this isn't the first time, or even the 2nd the Texans drafted a tackle & kicked him I to LG. Remember Chester Pitts? Arguably the best LG the Texans ever had. & just recently Rankin. In one game I felt he was better than Kelemente at LG .

Biggest difference here is that instead of starting & failing at tackle, then being moved inside, they're starting Howard at Guard & he might move outside in the future. We don't know.

& I understand most here have a bad taste in their mouth about moving OLmen around largely because of what happened to XSF. Difference here is that XSF wasn't with the Texans through the whole offseason which was the biggest problem with that plan.

Texansballer74

The Marine
The problem I have is Thunder they have yet to develop any olinemen. They continue to place these players out of position because they're to infatuated with the word versatile. Each year under Bill O'Brien this department has gotten worse. Most importantly the communication between those linemen are nonexistent. Last season I seen so many blown assignments from the offensive linemen. Imo that's because they hasn't grasp the concept of that new position that they were playing.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The problem I have is Thunder they have yet to develop any olinemen. They continue to place these players out of position because they're to infatuated with the word versatile. Each year under Bill O'Brien this department has gotten worse. Most importantly the communication between those linemen are nonexistent. Last season I seen so many blown assignments from the offensive linemen. Imo that's because they hasn't grasp the concept of that new position that they were playing.
Plus thinking Davenport can even be an avg starting LT is just plain stupid of BOB/Devlin.