Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2018 Front office changes

Speed has nothing to do with rupturing an Achilles. The Achilles ruptures classically occur on sudden forceful pushoffs and cuts.

I've always said that there is no such thing as a shutdown cb; there are just far too many variables for that to be an actual thing.

I get what you're saying here. but anyone whose ever done a W-drill as a db know that those sudden forceful pushoffs and cuts you're speaking of do have something to with speed & quickness & far too many db's in the NFL over-utilize this attribute rather than their technique to make plays & get back into position.

All i was saying with Sherman was that he was never that type of cb to begin with. At his best, His technique, smarts and other physical attributes (long arms, rangy, physical with great ball skills) are what made him so good. It is my opinion that he can be just as good as he was before if his achilles is fully healed.

If the Texans opened every private CB FA discussion with, they feel their defensive front seven should be healthy and as dominant as ever, could do more in attracting FA CB's than just about anything else besides a fair market value stack of greenbacks.

Back