Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2015 Practice Squad

Drummand, & Hilliard I get. Bonner, & Worthy... I don't see them ever making it as WRs... seem like wastes of time to me. Bullough, I don't see the fire, energy, or intelligence he is supposed to bring. I don't think he's strong enough. Another waste of time.

I wonder if OB & the Texans feel as disappointed about CJ3 choosing Baltimore over Houston.
I have a feeling the Texans will be kicking their collective selves in the ass for cutting CJ3.

I have a feeling the Texans will be kicking their collective selves in the ass for cutting CJ3.

Not really sure how effective an undersized corner fairs in the NFL. I think he would have been a player on special teams, but that's the entirety of his value.

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
New Texans tight end Eric Tomlinson (Kleine HS) said he picked the Texans' practice squad situation over competing Ravens and Jets' offers
Growing up in Klein, Eric Tomlinson was a member of the National Honor Society and an all-district defensive end who doubled as a three-year starter on the basketball team.

Now, the former UTEP tight end is playing for his hometown NFL team after joining the Texans’ practice squad over competing offers from the Baltimore Ravens and New York Jets.

“My family lives about 40 minutes away, but I live in North Houston,” said Tomlinson, who plans to live near NRG Stadium rather than live at home. “This is an ideal situation. I get to see my family a lot.”

Tomlinson made a strong, but ultimately unsuccessful bid to crack the Philadelphia Eagles’ roster after signing with them as an undrafted free agent.

“I feel like I was close, but stuff happens for a reason,” Tomlinson said. “I’m here now and I’m happy to be here.”

Tomlinson caught 59 passes for 547 yards and four touchdowns for the Miners, including catching 19 passes for 1345 yards and a touchdown as a senior when he was a team captain and an All-Conference USA honorable-mention selection.

“I think I can block and catch passes,” Tomlinson said, “but blocking is my main thing.”

Born in Oklahoma City, Tomlinson participated in church mission trips every summer. He began playing football in the third grade. With two siblings, a brother and a sister, Tomlinson’s mother, Suzy, owns her own home health care business.

“Those were fun days growing up here,” Tomlinson said. “I’m happy to be home and playing for the Texans.”​

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
New Texans tight end Eric Tomlinson (Kleine HS) said he picked the Texans' practice squad situation over competing Ravens and Jets' offers

PDS @PatDStat
Zac Dysert mentioned having former college teammate Brandon Brooks here helps. They played together at Miami (OH). (trains with Tom Savage, too.)

Dysert also has former Broncos teammates here in Chris Clark and Rahim Moore. They have helped ease his transition to Houston. #Texans
Man that's some fast transitioning.

The Houston Texans have signed the following 10 players to the practice squad:
Code:
NAME            POS  HT   WT  AGE EXP COLLEGE  
Karim Barton      G  6-3  313  23  1  Morgan State  
Alan Bonner      WR  5-10 191  24  3  Jacksonville State  
Max Bullough    ILB  6-3  249  23  1  Michigan State  
Kurtis Drummond   S  6-1  208  23  R  Michigan State  
Zac Dysert       QB  6-3  221  25  2  Miami (Ohio)  
Kenny Hilliard   RB  5-11 226  23  R  LSU  
Corey Moore       S  6-2  206  22  R  Georgia  
Dan Pettinato    DE  6-4  277  23  R  Arizona  
Eric Tomlinson   TE  6-6  263  23  R  UTEP  
Chandler Worthy  WR  5-9  173  21  R  Troy

Growing up in Klein, Eric Tomlinson was a member of the National Honor Society and an all-district defensive end who doubled as a three-year starter on the basketball team.

“I think I can block and catch passes,” Tomlinson said, “but blocking is my main thing.”

He seems, at least to this point, to have proven to be a single-faceted TE...........a blocking machine. He is slow.......very slow, and therefore would not be expected to get beyond the short slot territory.6 Reports have not been all that complimentary of his hands. What I find interesting is that in several profiles, it is suggested that even with his massive 6'6" (some list him as 6'7") 263 pound frame, he could still add weight.

Dysert was my sleeper QB the year he came out in the draft. At this point, it's unlikely he'll ever do anything. But he's a good guy to have around for practices and such. Smart and works hard.

I liked Tomlinson as a late round guy this year. Huge guy, big hands, great blocker. I think he's even one of those guys that could transition to OT if they wanted him to. Not sure he'd ever do anything with that but he is going to be a very limited athlete as a TE. Jumbo package only most likely.

Dysert was my sleeper QB the year he came out in the draft. At this point, it's unlikely he'll ever do anything. But he's a good guy to have around for practices and such. Smart and works hard.

I liked Tomlinson as a late round guy this year. Huge guy, big hands, great blocker. I think he's even one of those guys that could transition to OT if they wanted him to. Not sure he'd ever do anything with that but he is going to be a very limited athlete as a TE. Jumbo package only most likely.

He is known for his very good run blocking skills. But how likely would you think this transition to OT can be, with his slow plodding reactivity and his questionable footwork? I don't know that I would trust his skills as a pass protector.

He seems, at least to this point, to have proven to be a single-faceted TE...........a blocking machine. He is slow.......very slow, and therefore would not be expected to get beyond the short slot territory.6 Reports have not been all that complimentary of his hands. What I find interesting is that in several profiles, it is suggested that even with his massive 6'6" (some list him as 6'7") 263 pound frame, he could still add weight.

Yeah, this guy feels like a LT/Swing Tackle in progress not a TE at this level.

There are noticeable # of TE transition to T in Uni and with his height, he can add more weight like you mentioned. Duane was TE prior to switching T in Uni or HS right?

There are noticeable # of TE transition to T in Uni and with his height, he can add more weight like you mentioned. Duane was TE prior to switching T right in Uni or HS right?

But Brown was always known for his quickness, mobility and balance.........a good basis for the transition..........and something that Tolinson to date has not shown to possess.

He is known for his very good run blocking skills. But how likely would you think this transition to OT can be, with his slow plodding reactivity and his questionable footwork? I don't know that I would trust his skills as a pass protector.

Not likely at all. Just throwing that out there as a possibility based on what I've seen of him. His ceiling as an NFL TE would be the final TE on the roster, a guy you only use as a blocker or maybe as a pass catcher near the goal line. But that's about it. He's just not athletic enough for a bigger role.

As an OT, who knows? There would be a bigger chance that he falls out of the league, but also a bigger chance at success.

But Brown was always known for his quickness, mobility and balance.........a good basis for the transition..........and something that Tolinson to date has not shown to possess.
True, who knows how he turns out. At least, some one interesting on our PS and an emergency TE depth for now.

Interesting that they've got 3 three Michigan State guys on the PS - 30 % of the roster.

Texans practice squad QB Zac Dysert soaking up playbook, experience
By Aaron Wilson on September 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Texans practice squad quarterback Zac Dysert spent last year soaking up knowledge from Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning while toiling away on the practice squad.

Now, Dysert is hoping to learn a lot from Texans offensive coordinator George Godsey and quarterbacks Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer.

“I’ve heard a lot of great things about Coach Godsey, and am learning a lot,” Dysert said. “We’ll see how it goes and build and get better every day. I’m getting into the playbook, learning as much as I can, as fast as I can and doing whatever they need me to do.”

Dysert was a record-setting quarterback at Miami of Ohio where he broke many of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s passing records, including his yardage mark with 12,013 career yards and threw 73 touchdown passes.

Drafted in the seventh round in 2013 by Denver, Dysert spent his first year on the active roster and last year on the practice squad. He was cut this summer by the Broncos, was briefly with the Chicago Bears before landing with the Texans after the final major roster cutdown.

“It’s hard not to learn a lot from a guy like Peyton,” said Dysert, who passed for 11,174 yards and 1o0 touchdowns in high school growing up in Ada, Ohio. “Being around a guy like that, you see how he handles himself with the guys, with the media, how he does things on and off the field to get ready. It’s impressive.”

2539258.jpg

He's got a full head of hair...... I like him.

Back