Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2011 NFL Draft: Round 1, Texans with 11th pick /Thread (**JJ Watt DE**)

I'll just use the wait and see approach with this guy, he seems to have some skills, heard that before. Dont hate it but, not really psyched either. I've gotten to the point I try and not get my hopes up with the lineman the Texans draft...

I mean, he wasn't my 1st choice; my 2nd based on who i thought would be there so i can't really complain. I'm just glad we kept our picks b/c there will be some great talent there that will also help us fill another need position.

Got this from Scout.com

Watt is an absolute animal that plays with a motor that just won't quit and truly has a knack for making plays when his team needs it. He blocks field goals, extra points, makes tackles for loss, sacks the quarterback, he really does it all.
We currently have Watt going to the Patriots with the 32nd pick of the 1st round, of our 2011 NFL Mock Draft, which might be a bit of a reach for the underclassmen from Madison.

Yeah. Cant be mad at this pick at all. Bigger needs at DT, and OLB considering those available. But this guy is a GLUE guy, and every team needs those guys.

Im guessing Quinns medical didnt check out as we wanted.

Quinn missed a hole year of football and had a brian tumor in his head

THis watt guy is a Wade pick written all over it

quinn miss a year on some bs and his tumor has checked out. 1st round pick should have immediate impact and i think watt is a great player i just think quinn is better

I'm good with watt. I liked him better than the Olb prospects. Maybe he can be like jay ratliff and play nose while providing a good rush up the middle

At 11 though?!?

How many 1st round picks is that for the DLine in the last 4 or 5 years? I mean you can only put so many on the field at one time....

Does this mean we have a plan in Free Agency for a quality CB?

Man, teams are desperate for QBs...

I guess I'm OK with Watt. Not excited but not a horrible pick or anything.

I'm surprised that Fairly and Quinn are still there.

I'll just use the wait and see approach with this guy, he seems to have some skills, heard that before. Dont hate it but, not really psyched either. I've gotten to the point I try and not get my hopes up with the lineman the Texans draft...

Should be that way with any draft pick, in any round, every year. None of these guys have ever palyed in the NFL.

Everyone is reaching, I blame the NFL and its lockout. Teams can't trade how they want to and instead are just staying put.

Ya know, it's funny, all these QBs going in the first will lower the price of Kevin Kolb. Arizona might get him for a 2012 2nd with all these teams not wanting to pay for him.

Maybe we'll get one of those Texas CB's in the next round???

Hoping Watt breaks the curse of crappy D-Line picks not named after popular video game characters.

Sosunds a little like a bigger version of Conner Barwin to me.

Wonder if we can find a DT named "Who". Could just hear it in the huddle: Who's on the Nose, I don't know who? Who is? Yes! What, No Watt is at DE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This can not be real life.. What the.... Fairly and Suh, jeeez.

JJ Watt was a beast in the bowl game, and I'm sure he'll be fine for us; but Fairly is just going to be sick in the league. Not sure if he fits as a 3-4 though, but would've made up for this crappy year if we had taken him or Aku.

So when Smith went off of the board what happened? Did Wade just say "Oh well I'm out guys!" Seriously?

He had a list. His #1 went off of the board. SO you look down your list and find the next guy.

Has Wade stated publically he wanted Smith or is that just more draft scuttlebutt?

Seriously? Where's your Gerhart - Tate tracker in your sig? Oh wait, Gerhart showed all year he sucks, and runs like a FB and Tate didn't even get a chance to showcase his skills.

I took it down in week 4, when another poster pointed out that it was unfair to have it due to Tate's injury.

OMG, you mean, like, Gerhart, like, did not tear up the league his rookie season while backing up AP? What a bust. He should just quit and start flipping burgers somewhere.

Back