Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2011 Houston Cougars Thread

So.....does anybody know how to get paint off a cat? Tan on it's body with black and white around it's mouth area. She's not happy about it either. :D :D

I need to add that I'm kidding. Don't need I don't need UT regents knocking on my door claiming abuse.

Actually it's Georgia State, a FCS school (or 1-AA in the old terminology). Georgia Tech is a top 25 team.

Wish it had been Georgia Tech. I never enjoy these kinds of games. I wish UH would quit scheduling teams like this. There's nothing accomplished in beating the stuffing out of some FCS team.

Do you guys think Keenum will be a good NFL quarterback?

Case doesn't have great arm strength its improved but I don't think its what you would like in a high draft pick. If he gets pick I would say rounds 4-7. He might not even be 6'1 and that's just a guess.

Wish it had been Georgia Tech. I never enjoy these kinds of games. I wish UH would quit scheduling teams like this. There's nothing accomplished in beating the stuffing out of some FCS team.

We originally had Navy scheduled for this date but for some reason it did not work out.

Good Lord! Coogs win a shoot-out against UTEP 49-42.

Our defense has to make everything so hard.

Why can't the Cougars get a not-asleep defense on the field? I don't get it. Is it that hard to go out there and find the athletes (and if so why are there so many more available on offense) or is it a coaching thing?

They look like Frank Bush and Richard Smith got jobs at UH after they left here.

Why can't the Cougars get a not-asleep defense on the field? I don't get it. Is it that hard to go out there and find the athletes (and if so why are there so many more available on offense) or is it a coaching thing?

They look like Frank Bush and Richard Smith got jobs at UH after they left here.

The Coogs have always had good offensive-minded coaches and assistants come their way. Their defense, ehh not so much. If we struggle with the 3-4 than maybe we need to switch back to a 4-3 and we also need to do a better job of recruiting because a lot of the guys out their are undersized and or don't fit the scheme.

I have no comment because CUSA continues to have a TV deal with a channel that I, and sounds like many Houstonians, don't get.

So go figure why they have bad tv ratings....

I have no comment because CUSA continues to have a TV deal with a channel that I, and sounds like many Houstonians, don't get.

So go figure why they have bad tv ratings....

Yep. I have been rooting for UH football all my life. I'm a student there now and I'm on campus all week long. I know more about Alabama football and players (wife is an alum) than I do UH. Alabama football is on TV every week here in Houston, where we presumably wouldn't care. When I go to ESPN, SI, FOX Sports, etc., Alabama scores are on the front page. For UH, I have to dig. When you minimize a local team's local exposure in the media, you just end up with minimized local interest.

And that goes for the NFL blackout rules as well.

Yep. I have been rooting for UH football all my life. I'm a student there now and I'm on campus all week long. I know more about Alabama football and players (wife is an alum) than I do UH. Alabama football is on TV every week here in Houston, where we presumably wouldn't care. When I go to ESPN, SI, FOX Sports, etc., Alabama scores are on the front page. For UH, I have to dig. When you minimize a local team's local exposure in the media, you just end up with minimized local interest.

And that goes for the NFL blackout rules as well.

Ahhh - CBS means ESPN and ABC are going to bury the scores when they can :)

Houston is the most heavily recruited city in the nation for college football and the biggest university in the city can't find defensive talent. Crazy.

Getting ready to leave for UH and East Carolina, please play defense, do a great job on special teams, don't turn the ball over, tackle, block, and execute on offense........ the rest will take care of itself. GO COOGS! Let's make it 6-0! :koolaid:

(I'm gong to say this while I still can)

Houston looking to keep the opponent off the Robertson scoreboard since opening day.

GO COOGS!!!!!!!

:vinny: <-----
thxcoojpz1hckzmqm62w1.gif

7-0 Coogs. I can watch Northeast Wisconsin Sub-Junior College State vs the fire department, but I can't see this game. Money sucks.

EDIT: 14-0. I hope the defense put in some work this week. :)

The defense showed up big time tonight with 9 sacks and 4 int's. It looks even better considering 3 starters in the secondary didn't play a snap tonight. This bye week comes at a good time before we have Marshall and Nerd U. in a 5 day span.

GO COOGS !!

Who were those people playing defense tonight and what have they done with our players?

Who were those people playing defense tonight and what have they done with our players?

Well, they DID play a bad East Carolina team! Anyways, hope this game boost's the confidence of the D and hopefully they can continue to get wins and maybe get into a good bowl game.

Several sources suggesting UH and SMU could be invited to the Big East.

The Big East is preparing to reach far and wide to get to its newly stated goal of 12 football schools, with Boise State, Air Force, Houston and SMU all under consideration now as expansion candidates following a conference call of league chancellors and presidents today. Central Florida has also emerged as a primary targert on the league's wish list.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/big_east_expansion_update_bois.html

I am in Section 206 and we have a reserved tailgating spot in Tailgate Village less than 20 feet from the stadium.

We need to get the Cougars/Texans fans together.

Getting some tickets from a friend who can't make it. It will be my 7 year olds first live football game (he's only seen Hockey and Baseball live so far). Looking forward to the game this Saturday.

We started tailgating in front of the Architecture building this season and we are all loving it. Three of us in our tailgating group are all UH architecture graduates so its cool to be right there so we can walk through the studios and visit with the students. Not to mention the fact there are restrooms we can use. The wives particularly like this feature.

Our regular tailgating spot has been displaced by the construction of the new parking garage.

Back