Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2 firsts ain't enough..

Texas Jake

Rookie
I would not trade Watson or Tunsil (after waiting this long for a good LT)
I would be very hesitant to trade Hopkins because of his play on the field, he is not a diva, and he is a mentor to the receiving corps.
I would have a very hard time pulling the trigger on Watt, more so because of what he has meant to this team and the city. From strictly a business standpoint, you can't walk away from two first for him at this point in his career, but some things are more important than business.
Everyone else, GIVE ME THOSE PICKS!

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I would not trade Watson or Tunsil (after waiting this long for a good LT)
I would be very hesitant to trade Hopkins because of his play on the field, he is not a diva, and he is a mentor to the receiving corps.
I would have a very hard time pulling the trigger on Watt, more so because of what he has meant to this team and the city. From strictly a business standpoint, you can't walk away from two first for him at this point in his career, but some things are more important than business.
Everyone else, GIVE ME THOSE PICKS!
Depends on how you define business relative to a sports franchise.

Business could mean the financial bottom line. In which case you keep JJ and all of his off-field significance and his jersey sales, etc.

Business could also mean the competitive bottom line. In which case you consider how much better you make your ball club moving forward by cutting loose a guy his age with his wear and tear who will command his percentage of the salary cap when his contract is up soon. In which case the alternative makes you younger, cheaper, fresher, and likely more talented moving forward.

I want my franchise to be in he business of winning.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We got Mike Devlin.

Seriously though. I'm just Tunsil isn't safe. I'd give it serious consideration. I like what Tunsil has done, but the other 4 have played like quality starters. I'm ok with one weak spot that we may have to help from time to time.

If we were starting Kelemente, Martin, Fulton, & Henderson then Tunsil would be off the board.
The weak spot on the OL shouldn't be the LT.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I think you trade for 1sts when you're sure you can't win now or soon. You trade your 1sts when you're one piece away from contending for the Big One. Or if you want your franchise QB to survive the season. One of those two things.
I don't think it's that cut and dry.

I think there are more levels to how to put a current or sustainable contender together.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think you trade for 1sts when you're sure you can't win now or soon. You trade your 1sts when you're one piece away from contending for the Big One. Or if you want your franchise QB to survive the season. One of those two things.
Me too.

& when my team has been screwing the pooch for six years & finally realised winning is better than not winning.