Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You know the drill

The way the "they were wrong" people are being painted is very selective. The doubters were wrong last year because the Texans posted a mighty 8-8 record.

"A non-losing season" isn't the battle cry of success I'd like to hear.

To me, 8-8 proves the doubters right after all the play-off hype from the people "who were right" predicted last year.

The way the "they were wrong" people are being painted is very selective. The doubters were wrong last year because the Texans posted a mighty 8-8 record.

"A non-losing season" isn't the battle cry of success I'd like to hear.

To me, 8-8 proves the doubters right after all the play-off hype from the people "who were right" predicted last year.

Like I said..im not asking you to be optimistic..im just saying dont be pessimistic.

If ya dont chastise the team and claim they are complete crap every time the slightest thing goes wrong.. then you dont have to worry about being proven wrong at all :D

If ya dont chastise the team and claim they are complete crap every time the slightest thing goes wrong.. then you dont have to worry about being proven wrong at all :D

This ain't exactly the slightest thing. This was an ass kicking to the highest degree, in every aspect of football. Not only did they kick our ass, but we kicked our own in some circumstances. That's why we are so upset.

Hey, wait a minute. I thought the Texans motto for this year was "Believe in NOW"

We were fooled, duped, bamboozled. That is if they meant the PO.

If they meant to believe in now that guys like Reeves, Richard Smith, and Morlon Greenwood won't be on this team by next season, then yea, I can dig that motto.

Like I said..im not asking you to be optimistic..im just saying dont be pessimistic.

I don't chastise the team every time the slightest thing goes wrong.

I also don't have blinders on and think Kubiak, Smith, and the players are presenting us with the best of all possible results.

I don't chastise the team every time the slightest thing goes wrong.

I also don't have blinders on and think Kubiak, Smith, and the players are presenting us with the best of all possible results.

Well that comment wasnt entirely directed at you.

I like Kubiak and Smith and think that they are gonna bring us a superbowl someday.

We need more talent before that day comes though.

I still think we can have a good year this year despite that.

:mad:
You peoplesay "how has anyone been proven wrong when we havent had a winning season".. well.. one guy said that this is a 7-9 team.. another said we will get 6 wins this year and 6 wins next year..another says we dont have the players to make the playoffs..more than one said that. So if we finish 8-8 again.. that is 2 proven wrong. Many others were proven wrong on that account last year when we went 8-8.

"You People?" :mcnugget: What do you mean "you people"?:mad:

What do you mean "You People":soldier:

Couldnt resist:pirate:

Proven wrong in the sense that every time things go poorly a bunch of fools start screaming about how horrible we are.. then we go out and kick ass and those people either dont come around or they eat their crow and start talking about how great we are going to do.. then we lose and they again start screaming again.

Many of the people who are now running in circles flailing their arms are the same ones who, last year, were talking about how this franchise will never finish 8-8.. before that they said we would never win 2 in a row..

it goes on and on.. every mistake we make is proof that we are the worst team ever.. that everyone on our team is incompetent and needs to be fired.

You people say "how has anyone been proven wrong when we havent had a winning season".. well.. one guy said that this is a 7-9 team.. another said we will get 6 wins this year and 6 wins next year..another says we dont have the players to make the playoffs..more than one said that. So if we finish 8-8 again.. that is 2 proven wrong. Many others were proven wrong on that account last year when we went 8-8.

If we make the playoffs.. hordes of "fans" will be proven wrong.. of course, once we are in playoff contention they will all be saying that they knew we could do it.

No.. you didnt know we could do it.. thats why you are crying right now. The people who know we can do it are taking deep breaths and looking to next week.

Honestly people.. (I said I wasnt going to do this but i just cant resist)... HOW are you going to sit there and say that this game proves anything? We had a very good offense last year..and we did it with LESS than we have this year on offense. Is it possible that we could have taken a step backwards on offense despite the fact that we have all the returning stars, and some new stars to boot? Sure..its possible.. I just think your an ***** to be stating that our offense sucks after the first game of the season.

Its obvious that we came out rusty and unprepared. It may even take 2 or 3 games before our offense finds itself again. But they will.

How many playoffs teams have lost their first game of the season?

Here is some food for thought.. last year in week one the Steelers beat the browns 34 to 7. The Browns finished the season 10-6.

I usually enjoy reading your posts...but...I had all the preaching I needed in church this morning. :listening

You can rag on Texan fans all you want to, but I don't think the fans of any team would be willing to accept their team coming in for their first regular season game "rusty and unprepared" as you explained it.

Especially after all the OTA's. mini camps, training camp and four preseason games.

Not everyone on this site is willing to accept mediocrity...

Which game did I miss where we "kicked someones ass"?.:shades:

Some folks just recognize a **** in a punch bowl when they see one.

This party had one in the punch bowl. And it was our team.

Now..On to next week..:fans:

:coffee:

sigh.. this SHOULD be depressing. All the folks ive talked to for the last 5+ years giving me a bunch of **** for not dogging my team after 1 week.

I say SHOULD be depressing because I know im right, and being right is its own comfort :D. So really.. its not depressing so much as pathetic. I knew we had some pretty crappy fans, but I didnt expect the hardcore folks to start whining like the bandwagoners.

yall are blasting the texans plenty which is par for the course after a loss. i'm however going to give kudos to the steelers. i cant remember the last time i saw such an explosive team. fast willy's back and has a perfect backup, and the best defense might actually be more athletic than ever. they returned everybody that matters (outside of faneca) and built upon it with lebeau and tomlin adding much improved playcalling on both sides.

given that, mario's rating at #6 in the NFL might be undervalued. schaub even on his worst day (throw it away!) had a respectable outing despite hard hits and showed he's not THAT fragile. and hey, if there's a silver lining - atleast meyers wont have to face casey hampton again.

What do the two defenses that gave us the most problems have in common? They were both 3-4 (Dal & Pit). It will be interesting to see if we look better against a 4-3 next week.

What do the two defenses that gave us the most problems have in common? They were both 3-4 (Dal & Pit). It will be interesting to see if we look better against a 4-3 next week.

Newsflash Edo: THE RAVENS RUN A 3-4 SCHEME TOO, JUST WITH BETTER DEFENSIVE TALENT THAN WE FACED TODAY!

I'd hoped that the wake up call they got at Dallas in the preseason was enough. Guess not.

Actually, I thought most fans got a wake up call in the Dallas game about how bad the team is. Guess not.

The Steelers were #1 last year in defense so how can the Ravens have better talent ?

Easy, they have Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Jarret Johnson, Ngata, Bart Scott, Chris McAllister, Dawn Landry...and a partridge in a f'ing pear tree! Now, the Steelers do have a better DC which counts alot for them.

Newsflash Edo: THE RAVENS RUN A 3-4 SCHEME TOO, JUST WITH BETTER DEFENSIVE TALENT THAN WE FACED TODAY!

Yeah, I forgot that, but the point still is that 34 seems to be an issue. Hope they have had enough practice now with it to get it right next week.

Back