You know the drill

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Grid, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Every time after a bad game..for years now... ive come in here and pointed out the stupid comments, and made some points about how 1 game doesnt matter.. and tried to put things into perspective for the people run around with their hair on fire every time we lose a game.

Im not gonna do that today cause you people should already know, by now, that one loss does not end a season. It doesnt even say all that much about how the rest of the season will go.

The fact that some of the same people are still in here saying the same crap.. even though they have been proven wrong many times before.. just shows how pointless it is to to try and explain logic and faith to a stampede of frightened herd animals.

So.. get it out of your system.. try not to sprain an ankle while you are jumping to conclusions.

Personally im more interested in next weeks game... to see how we bounce back from this loss.. rather than dwelling on it and trying to figure out how it can be stretched and molded into something that foretells the end of the world.

bigbrewster2000 likes this.
  2. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

come now, wheres the fun in that?

3. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

The sky is falling

4. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

The Texans Franchise has never had a winning streak greater than 2 games.

What you saw today is what this teams is, not very good. That probably isn't going to change for some time.

Kubiak still has his work cut out for himself. Still a long road ahead, at least we are ready for it and have the experience.

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

How's that possible when this team has never even had a winning season?

Runner likes this.
  6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Aw for Christs sakes, we started out with assholes in charge and changed that two years ago and we aren't headed to the super bowl yet. Give me a frigging break. yeah, we sucked today. But I still think Kubes and company will lead us to the promised land.

Just doens't look like it'll be this year.

7. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Just glad we got this game out of the way. Pitts would've have been even harder to play during mid-season. Hard to believe we can be beat any worst then today though.

SOLIS likes this.
  8. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Proven wrong? This team has never had a winning record - so, who exactly has been proven right?

Edit:
    Oops! I posted before reading the whole thread so I missed this similar post before mine:

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I'm hoping this was a fluky game where we played as bad as we will all season.

10. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Screw this optimistic BS, I'm jumping and no one can stop me :)

11. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

The problem with the Texans isn't the fans...this message board...or what somebody might type and post.

It's how poorly they looked today.

If the Steelers had kept their first stringers in they would have continued scoring.

The Texans did almost nothing right today.

This team should be proud of their fans...I've seen so many faithful strong supporters on here.

Oh well. On to next week.

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

LOL. Don't forget to pack sandwhiches.

13. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Somebody stop him! Nobody gets out of here alive! Once you're a Texans you'll die as one.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  14. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Must spread rep... :foottap:

15. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I should be credited with an assist on that one ;) <helping posters detect sarcasm is my new job>

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

To me there isn't much to say other than the team was awful....pretty much period. Very disheartening.

17. markn

markn Hall of Fame

Baptism by fire for Duane Brown - but he won't face the Steelers every week and he'll improve.

Nervous game from Schaub - rather like his start to the Dallas game, but we know he can play better than that.

An ok start by Green and Slaton giving some cause for optimisim in the running game.

The usual unheralded 100 yard performance from the best WR playing football today.

So - not really that much concern on the Offensive side of the ball. Nothing that can't be fixed, and we won't be playing those monsters every week.

Defense is a different story completely. We've got some decent players and Mario continued where he left off, but what has been so obvious all pre-season, is now a cast-iron fact: This defense is expensive and rubbish. We couldn't stop a London Taxi.

And the truly sad thing is, this was all too obvious even to a football newbie like me. What the hell is the defensive strategy? Where's the passion and commitment? Why can't we cover the most basic passing plays? Why do we give up 10 yards routinely when even a blind man with a bag over his head can see that they're going to run it? And most importantly - why does Richard Smith have a job?

18. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

The bright side:

No apparent injuries. Green even took some hits and actually got back up, and AJ is looking relatively healthy.
    M. Williams still getting sacks.
    Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels still working hard.

Recommendations:

Slaton is fast and a little small. We all know that. He can run up the middle some, but RUN HIM OUTSIDE SOME, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Front seven gotta learn to grab onto some part of the RB and not let go; don't just bump into him and let'im slip right off of you. Geez.

Secondary, you're getting your butts blocked and handed to you by receivers. Grow some balls.

OTs, you gotta know that those DEs are gonna go right around you if you let them. Push them outside and back, don't just whiff trying to push them backwards like it's a run play. Where's the footwork?

Backfield, we don't need you to run up to the line and worry about DTs getting through. We need you to worry about those DBs and Lbs coming hard around the outside. Duh.

And last, but not least: Mr. Schaub, you cannot throw the ball through defenders. That tactic has been scientifically proven not to work very often.

Having said all of that, we would've lost this game by a touchdown, anyway; so, get over it.

Observation:

Not only did the refs rip us on the fourth down QB sneak call, but they also moved the ball about 2 feet backwards on the pass reception play right before that. We should've only needed an inch or two on the 4th down play, anyway--and it wouldn't have killed them to give us the 1st down on that pass play, because it was very close.

Whatever....I hate opening in Pittsburgh. You don't see blitz packages almost all preseason, and then you gotta face them all over the place in your first game. Personally, I'd much rather face them in mid-season--don't know about dealing with snow, though.

SOLIS likes this.
  19. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I had some blind faith going into this game, actually predicting a win, but in all honesty, I am not surprised we lost. However, I am surprised on how bad we lost. I thought we would have been more competitive. If they don't bounce back next week against Baltimore, this could be a long season.

20. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Yep...that was really ugly. I figured the game would be close and the offense could carry the load and then some.

Instead they were dominated on both sides of the ball. It is disappointing.