Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wish Texans Fans were more like Eagles fans

F-minus67 said:
also boo santa.:whip:
:yawn: Wow, I have found another ignorant person who has heard the story one of the 10 million times ESPN has mentioned it. You don't know the circumstances, let it go for God's sake.

TexansFight said:
I went to college up in Philly. Would not want to live there again. I never liked any of their teams while up there. However, I do respect Philly Phan and the passion that they bring to the table. I would listen to 610 WIP and their fans are very tough but passionate. They want a winner. The fans and their media who unlike the wimpy Houston sports media who want to be friends with the GMs and players actually provide good insight and analysis and are not afraid to rip players, coaches, or front office personnel.

Also, Philly has a great home field advantage. Leather lunged fans that provide an intimidating place to play. I don't condone the meatheads that used to beat up opposing fans up in the 700 Level of the Vet. They seem to have that crap tamed down in the Linc while still maintaining a fervent following.

I just wish Reliant was a more intimidating place for opposing teams. Houston can have a great home field advantage.

I do see what he is trying to say, the Eagles do have some great fans. The only reason they may seem more passionate is because they have been doing it longer. The Texans fans or either new to the game or still getting back into the hang of it since the Oilers left (remember the old Luv yah Blue days, our fans' passion could rival anyones fans back then).

My problem is this is the second straight thread that he has started bashing the Texans in some sort of fashion. I am starting to think he is an Eagles fan in disguise. (trying hard not to give this guy some bad rep.)

V Man said:
My problem is this is the second straight thread that he has started bashing the Texans in some sort of fashion. I am starting to think he is an Eagles fan in disguise. (trying hard not to give this guy some bad rep.)
No, I'm pretty sure he's been a Titan fan since draft day.
TexansFight said:
I friggin hate what the Texans have done to this town.

flylikeaneagle said:
and the Eagles were a winning team all of these decades? I think not. PA is a football state and it is clear to see that. It is not a baseball state whatsoever.

I disagree. I think the Phillies baseball fans are some of the best and most knowledgable in pro baseball.

Lucky said:
No, I'm pretty sure he's been a Titan fan since draft day.

I am kinda suprised he hasn't started a "Philly's cheese steak is better than Houston's cheese steak" thread. At least that one would have been easier for him too win.:rolleyes:

flylikeaneagle said:
You must be a lot younger than I because the Eagles stunk it up for a long while and so has the Redskins and others. They still packed it in. I guess it is because they are football crazy up there. I think one problem is that Houston is still a pretty young city and people are moving all the time from out of the area.

Just for the heck of it, I took a random look at Philly's home attendance for a semi-stink year (1984 -- Marion Campbell days) when y'all went 6-9-1.

The Vet capacity was around 65k then and four of Philly's home games, the attendance was 54k, 50k, 55k (home opener that year against the Vikes), and 41k for the last game of the year against New England when the writing was on the wall.

That's anywhere from 10,000 to 24,000 no-shows for half of your home games. Not necessarily packing them in. Your games against Dallas, Washington and the Giants were very well attended.

I intentionally went back to an era when they counted no-shows. Like I said, it happens everywhere.

My source for this information is Total Football II by Carroll, Gershman, et al.

As far as my age, I recall watching guys like Bill Bradley and Tim Rossovich if that helps.

flylikeaneagle said:
which way do you go? LMAO! Takes me 20 minutes to get downtown from IAH. I live in Kingwood and it takes me about 40 minutes to get to Pearland.
I guess you haven't driven from Clear Lake/Friendswood to IAH. It takes me half an hour just to get downtown...easy. Add in your 20 mins and your lmao and that's right at an hour.

aj. said:
Just for the heck of it, I took a random look at Philly's home attendance for a semi-stink year (1984 -- Marion Campbell days) when y'all went 6-9-1.

The Vet capacity was around 65k then and four of Philly's home games, the attendance was 54k, 50k, 55k (home opener that year against the Vikes), and 41k for the last game of the year against New England when the writing was on the wall.

That's anywhere from 10,000 to 24,000 no-shows for half of your home games. Not necessarily packing them in. Your games against Dallas, Washington and the Giants were very well attended.

I intentionally went back to an era when they counted no-shows. Like I said, it happens everywhere.

My source for this information is Total Football II by Carroll, Gershman, et al.

As far as my age, I recall watching guys like Bill Bradley and Tim Rossovich if that helps.

When I was growing up in the Philadelphia area, the Eagles were horrible. They had a QB named Norm Snead and a RB named Timmy Brown. The games were at Franklin field and since they were never sold out, they weren't even televised. The latest love affair with the Eagles didn't really get started in Philly until somewhere around the mid to late 70's.

aj. said:

That's definitely a down year in attendance.

Here's a nice site for it: http://www.kenn.com/sports/football/nfl/nfl_phi_attendance.html

The early and mid 80's saw some seasons with only about 80-85 percent attendance, other than that fans regularly avg. about 65k.

Boxscore said:
When I was growing up in the Philadelphia area, the Eagles were horrible. They had a QB named Norm Snead and a RB named Timmy Brown. The games were at Franklin field and since they were never sold out, they weren't even televised. The latest love affair with the Eagles didn't really get started in Philly until somewhere around the mid to late 70's.

The Eagles did beat Green Bay 17-13 in 1960 for the NFL Championship, but I was to young to remember that.

Vinny,

The problem with Houston is that it is so spread out. If I had dictatorial powers and could do whatever I wanted I would prohibit any new construction outside of Loop 610. Houston can become a lot more dense. It sickens me how you see new crappy homogenous subdivisions miles outside of town spring up like mushrooms adding to the urban sprawl and environmental problems we have. Portland, Oregon effectively stopped sprawl and forced development within a confied area. I wish Houston had the foresight to do the same. Nevertheless, effective mass transit in Houston (I would love to see subways) would work. One of the positives about high gas prices is that it will hopefully kill off further sprawl.

Also, Philly's mass transit kind of blows. Compared to Houston's sole rail line it is great but there are a lot of places that are not effectively served. Southwest Philly is not served by rail and you can't get to cool places like Manyunk via rail either. You have the Market Frankfort El and the Broad Street line. The other is the trolley. NYC's and DC's mass transit is a lot better.

TexansFight said:
Vinny,

The problem with Houston is that it is so spread out. If I had dictatorial powers and could do whatever I wanted I would prohibit any new construction outside of Loop 610. Houston can become a lot more dense. It sickens me how you see new crappy homogenous subdivisions miles outside of town spring up like mushrooms adding to the urban sprawl and environmental problems we have. Portland, Oregon effectively stopped sprawl and forced development within a confied area. I wish Houston had the foresight to do the same. Nevertheless, effective mass transit in Houston (I would love to see subways) would work. One of the positives about high gas prices is that it will hopefully kill off further sprawl.

Also, Philly's mass transit kind of blows. Compared to Houston's sole rail line it is great but there are a lot of places that are not effectively served. Southwest Philly is not served by rail and you can't get to cool places like Manyunk via rail either. You have the Market Frankfort El and the Broad Street line. The other is the trolley. NYC's and DC's mass transit is a lot better.

Vinny, How are you my friend?

Ready for the season guys....ready to check out your favorite two football teams Sunday.

Boxscore said:
Back in those days no home game was of tv,sold out of not. The title game in 1960 against Green Bay was blacked out in Philly. My dad and I watched it on tv in a VFW in Bel Air, Md. I had to stand out side of the bar area, as I was to young to go into the bar area, and try to look over heads at a 12 inch black and white tv. The bad old days.

Double Barrel said:
When Reliant gets a jail and working court system built beneath it, call me.

C'mon, man, Philly fans have been well known as some of the most rowdy, passionate, obnoxious, and downright hostile fans in the NFL. Your people are close to being European soccer fans. Embrace your image. It is what it is, your entire history speaks volumes over your attempted spin in this thread. :shades:

I love our image...

It is great. I wouldn't trade it to be a fan of any other team, no matter how many Super Bowls they have won.

TexansFight said:
The problem with Houston is that it is so spread out. If I had dictatorial powers and could do whatever I wanted I would prohibit any new construction outside of Loop 610. Houston can become a lot more dense. It sickens me how you see new crappy homogenous subdivisions miles outside of town spring up like mushrooms adding to the urban sprawl and environmental problems we have.

Some of us in Texas like our 1/2 acre lots and not knocking elbows with our neighbors from locations such as New York City such as yourself. Stacking people on top of themselves may work where you have no alternative but we do, so have at your crappy homogenEous 1200 sq ft coops for $750 K+ before giving lectures on how we should live.

jgl35 said:
Back in those days no home game was of tv,sold out of not. The title game in 1960 against Green Bay was blacked out in Philly. My dad and I watched it on tv in a VFW in Bel Air, Md. I had to stand out side of the bar area, as I was to young to go into the bar area, and try to look over heads at a 12 inch black and white tv. The bad old days.

My first childhood memory of the eagles was watching Timmy Brown run for a td with chin strap flapping in the wind as my dad jumped up and down infront of our little black & white TV. My family has always been eagle fans as long as i can remember.

Our town in PA was Oilers crazy because of Bo Orlando. I remember watching him play and all of the houses with Oilers flags to support Bo.

TexansFight said:
I went to college up in Philly. Would not want to live there again. I never liked any of their teams while up there. However, I do respect Philly Phan and the passion that they bring to the table. I would listen to 610 WIP and their fans are very tough but passionate. They want a winner. The fans and their media who unlike the wimpy Houston sports media who want to be friends with the GMs and players actually provide good insight and analysis and are not afraid to rip players, coaches, or front office personnel.

Also, Philly has a great home field advantage. Leather lunged fans that provide an intimidating place to play. I don't condone the meatheads that used to beat up opposing fans up in the 700 Level of the Vet. They seem to have that crap tamed down in the Linc while still maintaining a fervent following.

I just wish Reliant was a more intimidating place for opposing teams. Houston can have a great home field advantage.

So in your opinion, we should do the following:

1. Hurl bottles and snowballs at Santa.
2. Hurl bottles and snowballs at Jimmy Johnson.
3. Cheer when an NFL great (mike irvin) is being carted off on a stretcher.
4. Get stoned drunk and get in fights in the stands with fellow and opposing fans.
5. Get in so many fights in stands that they have to nominate a judge and build a courthouse in the stadium to handle the huge volume of cases.
6. Boo Donovan McNabb on Draft Day.
7. Never win a Super Bowl.

Well I guess some knobs booed Mario on Draft Day this past year and the Texans have yet to win a Super Bowl, so we are 2/7ths of the way to modeling our fans after the undisputed kings of NFL Fan greatness....Eagle Fan

excuse me while i vomit in a bucket...

/sarcasm off

doug ftw

HomeBred_Texan said:
And who do you think you are? Joe Bad? Yea right, go to philly you blood sucker...

Relax man! Get back to the discussion of football if you're unable to post logical comments:challenge

EF55 said:
You can point out the isolated examples of battery throwing and booing for injured players but that's not unique to Philly. Those were mistakes & bad judgements and they don't represent every Eagle Fan. People have a tendency to confuse our passion with those random occurences.

I agree. Just because there are some bad individuals doesn't mean the entire fan base is this way. We have our fair share of disrespectful fans as well...we just have not been around long enough for it to be noticed.

I know most everybody here is not like him so it's cool. Most everybody here rocks and are really great people. Every board has people like that. Just have to learn to keep spreading the love and not worry about people like him. So I apologize to the fans here.... except for him.

I married into a family full of Eagles fans. It's a lot of fun. I expect this Sunday to be crazy.

BTW- Bo Orlando was the man.

Battle Red Bull said:
I married into a family full of Eagles fans. It's a lot of fun. I expect this Sunday to be crazy.

BTW- Bo Orlando was the man.

I bet that would be crazy. LOL!

Bo Orlando was great. Everyone in my high school wanted to be like Bo Orlando. Then we had Ron Powlus. Did great in college on a crappy Notre Dame team but never made it in the NFL.

flylikeaneagle said:
I bet that would be crazy. LOL!

Bo Orlando was great. Everyone in my high school wanted to be like Bo Orlando. Then we had Ron Powlus. Did great in college on a crappy Notre Dame team but never made it in the NFL.

The funniest thing about my in-laws has gotta be Pop. Wanna talk about crazy... He got so fed up with the Eagles front office that he said "screw it" and started rooting for the Cowboys when he moved to Texas 15 years ago. Didn't think the FO really cared about the fans...

He's been called every name in the book by Eagles fans. He could care less. His wife and his kids (and the rest of his family back home) still root for the Eagles. His phone rings off the wall with calls coming in from Philly when the 2 teams are playing.

He always tells the rest of his family that there's plenty of room on the Cowboys bandwagon with him. He even cheered against the Eagles when they went to the Super Bowl.

BattleRedToro said:
Yeah and New Yorkers don't switch from Yankees to Mets attire depending on who is winning. Right, I believe that one. Where were the Yankees fans when the Mets were winning in the '80's or where were the Mets fans when the Yankees were winning in the 90's? And by fans I mean people wearing Yankees or Mets caps respectively. They magically disappeared, huh?

Who cares about New York? Not I. Nor does Philly.

BattleRedToro said:
What I'm saying is I don't buy the "Once an Eagle, Always an Eagle" loyalty.

I see what your saying but keep in mind, there will always be bandwagon fans with any team that does well and we have our share of them but that doesn't diminish the integrity of the true and loyal fan,
A true fan welcomes all that want to cheer on his team regardless of when they arrive. "where were you when we stunk? " mentality is an elitist mentality. The bandwagon fans will come and go with any team.

There is a strong identity in Philly between the fans and their sports teams, and typically it is a family thing, but I ;ived in Chicago for over a decade and you can go to soldier feild where season seats are in the same family for 40 or 50 years

Second Honeymoon said:
So in your opinion, we should do the following:

1. Hurl bottles and snowballs at Santa.
2. Hurl bottles and snowballs at Jimmy Johnson.
3. Cheer when an NFL great (mike irvin) is being carted off on a stretcher.
4. Get stoned drunk and get in fights in the stands with fellow and opposing fans.
5. Get in so many fights in stands that they have to nominate a judge and build a courthouse in the stadium to handle the huge volume of cases.
7. Never win a Super Bowl.

Well I guess some knobs booed Mario on Draft Day this past year and the Texans have yet to win a Super Bowl, so we are 2/7ths of the way to modeling our fans after the undisputed kings of NFL Fan greatness....Eagle Fan

excuse me while i vomit in a bucket...

/sarcasm off

doug ftw

It's probably a good thing it never snows in Oakland, but Oakland has won a couple Super Bowls.

Second Honeymoon said:
Gotta love all these ignorant Texans fans.:rolleyes: You don't know what the hell you're talking about. "The Dirty 30" were a group of idiots put together by a dumb ass radio personality in Philadelphia, Angelo Cataldi. Secondly, they were not booing McNabb himself, they were booing the FO for not taking Ricky Williams; there's a difference. You Texans fans really need to stop criticizing the entire Eagles fan base with incindents you have no understanding of.

PS: I like how you also mention fights, as if they don't ever happen in any other NFL stadiums.:yawn:

FlyEaglesFly said:
Gotta love all these ignorant Texans fans.:rolleyes: You don't know what the hell you're talking about. "The Dirty 30" were a group of idiots put together by a dumb ass radio personality in Philadelphia, Angelo Cataldi. Secondly, they were not booing McNabb himself, they were booing the FO for not taking Ricky Williams; there's a difference. You Texans fans really need to stop criticizing the entire Eagles fan base with incindents you have no understanding of.

PS: I like how you also mention fights, as if they don't ever happen in any other NFL stadiums.:yawn:

Take it easy! Don't get your feathers ruffled. There will be plenty of time for you to do that tomorrow after the Eaglets LOSE!

FlyEaglesFly said:

What is the only stadium with a courthouse inside it to handle the large volume of court cases? That's right. Philadelphia. Nuff said.

Oh and please get over yourself in making excuses for McNabb's draft day, by booing the FO for not taking R.Williams, you were in fact then booing against taking McNabb.....Philly fans are the worst fans in all of major sports and easily the most delusional. Boo Mike Schmidt, Boo Iverson, Boo Santa Claus, and cheer when NFL greats have an injury end their storied career.

I have been to your city and its a dirty, smelly city populated by fat losers. Kinda like our city of Houston. But at least we arent bitter about it.

doug ftw

Second Honeymoon said:
What is the only stadium with a courthouse inside it to handle the large volume of court cases? That's right. Philadelphia. Nuff said.

Oh and please get over yourself in making excuses for McNabb's draft day, by booing the FO for not taking R.Williams, you were in fact then booing against taking McNabb.....Philly fans are the worst fans in all of major sports and easily the most delusional. Boo Mike Schmidt, Boo Iverson, Boo Santa Claus, and cheer when NFL greats have an injury end their storied career.

I have been to your city and its a dirty, smelly city populated by fat losers. Kinda like our city of Houston. But at least we arent bitter about it.

doug ftw
Time to explain the court inside the Vet. One of the reasons this was done was most of the troublemakers were not from the city of Philadelphia or even from the state of Pa. People would just not show up for a court date and it would cost the city money to go after them. So why not a quick court hearing and get the fine money right away? Very good idea, I think and it cut down all the trash that went on by people who can't hold their beer.

Second, sorry you didn't like Philly but trashing the city and it's people puts you in the same position as the people you insult. You say Philly fans have no class. You fit right in doing that.

BattleRedToro said:
I wonder how that turned out? Who was right the Philly FO or their fans.
Hmmm.... I'll have to think about this one. On the one hand we have a head case RB that would fit in with the Philly fan base and on the other we have an excellent QB that can lead the Eagles for years. Yeah the fans were right the FO made a bad choice.

Kinda like the Texans FO, huh?
Yes because the 30 fans that followed Catladi represent the whole Eagles fans base. Get real. There's no disputing the FO made the right choice,and most of the Eagles fans I know wanted McNabb b/c they believed that a QB is exponently more important to a teams success than a running back.

FlyEaglesFly said:
Yes because the 30 fans that followed Catladi represent the whole Eagles fans base. Get real. There's no disputing the FO made the right choice,and most of the Eagles fans I know wanted McNabb b/c they believed that a QB is exponently more important to a teams success than a running back.
It seems you have to spend allot of time on this MB defending the Eagles. Lots of excuses if you ask me, which you didn't. I will take my Texans and there fans with a 2/14 record any day of the week over Philly's 6/10 record with there fowl mouth fans...

FlyEaglesFly said:

Well there you go--so you completely agree with the Texans picking a DE over a RB as well.

Vinny said:
I guess you haven't driven from Clear Lake/Friendswood to IAH. It takes me half an hour just to get downtown...easy. Add in your 20 mins and your lmao and that's right at an hour.

good call vinny.

i live in the same area and it takes 60 mins. to get to IAH if your hauling ass. don't speak to stuff you dont know anyhting about.

The thing about i likea about being a philly fan is that theres really no bandwagon hopping.. either your a fan or your not and if your gonna get on board then be prepared to fall off a cliff just like we do every year, even when we're good. This is different from eliteist fans like pittsburgh, ny, and dallas who constantly have to remind everybody how long theyve been on board. Its harder to be when your team has no superbowls to brag about and belive me we hear about that all the time. This explains our passion. We are literally surrounded by cities that have won, even baltimore for chrissake, and meanwhile we just get more hungry every year, infact... WERE STAARVED!!!!!!11

btw i just signed up to do some trash talking but the moderaters wont let me lol its good to see eagles fans here playing nice with others. I never knew houston hates dallas as much as us :thumbup

Just wanted to say that you guys (Eagles Fans) who have posted on this thread seem to be great fans and i have enjoyed reading your post's. Yall are welcome here anytime as far as im concerned. Heres to a great injury free game tommorow guys. For those of you who may be visiting from Philly, we are honored to have you here in Houston. May the best team (Texans) win.

Second Honeymoon said:

doug ftw

When was the last time you been to Philly? seriously

HomeBred_Texan said:
It seems you have to spend allot of time on this MB defending the Eagles. Lots of excuses if you ask me, which you didn't. I will take my Texans and there fans with a 2/14 record any day of the week over Philly's 6/10 record with there fowl mouth fans...
Um okay, you don't expect me to defend my team or something?

Stampede said:
Just wanted to say that you guys (Eagles Fans) who have posted on this thread seem to be great fans and i have enjoyed reading your post's. Yall are welcome here anytime as far as im concerned. Heres to a great injury free game tommorow guys. For those of you who may be visiting from Philly, we are honored to have you here in Houston. May the best team (Texans) win.

Amen to that!

Back