Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why are Texans fans brainwashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brainwashed maybe maybe not but absolutely aggrivating...Yes they are! I wrote this earlier on a different post... I'm pretty disgusted about it. So here is my acceptance...
Don't you love these "lose all the games so we can pick someone next year crowd?" What a crock! We had the number one pick THIS year and we blew it!! understand! we blew it... and as a reminder... getting the first pick is an embarrassment and absolute shame... that means we were LAST PLACE... again an embarassment!!! first, second, even the third year acceptable? maybe, but we are no longer an expansion team we are just a crappy team... WITH NO RUNNING GAME ( is my anger evidence of acceptance? Hell NO! I'm mad!)

I am Not used to losing and will never accept this next year crap... its been 5 years folks and all I hear is next year what a waste of time ...We had the first pick This year and we did nothing with it. so go figure!

Losers accept losing...
Winners NEVER accept losers or losing.

so far all I see is quiters and losers waiting for next year... [/QUOTE]

I'm with you bro I feel like hell after everygame and can't believe the acceptance. But, with that said: I do LOVE my Texans! And because I love them I will damn near cry every sunday... and be steaming mad on Monday...Unless they win...

I am The Mighty Texan and one day...[/QUOTE]

I'm using this as my new signature. Hope you don't mind because I feel the same way.

I just don't get it. We have been AWFUL since our induction into the league and all our fan base does is make excuses. It makes no sense. Maybe this is why our team is a laughing stock, b/c the fans tolerate it.

Week after week it's pathetic to see our team get POUNDED and written off by all the other NFL franchises. "Oh it's just the Texans, that's an easy win".

And then to add insult to injury every week another move blows up in our face.

Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Bennie Joppru, Jabar Gaffney, John Wells, Tony Hollings, Phillip Buchanon all RELEASED or LET GO.
These were ALL either high draft picks or huge free agents deals that we got NOTHING for.

Then to this day the majority of people on this board REFUSE to admit that passing on Reggie Bush was the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made, and one of the stupidest decisions in NFL history.
Forget stats and compaing Reggie and Mario, look at what really counts... THE RESULTS!

The Texans are 1-4, just as bad or worse than last year. And our defense (that Mario was supposed to ANCHOR) is last in the NFL.

The Saints are a LEGIT 5-1 (beating a team that manhandled us) and their offense is one of the best in the league.

How do you defend that? Where are your excuses? I'm just sick of it.

And go ahead, bash me, tell me how stupid I am, and make more excuses for them.... PROVE my POINT!

The 1st bolded were moves that either began or made or had something to do with the previous regime, & last time I checked we have a new coach. That alone is reason for some kind of optimism.

The 2nd, it's too early to tell what wil be. The Saints probably would be 5-1/4-2 without RB, to deny that is just to ignore all the changes that they made in the offseason. Furthermore, everyone who watches NFL football knows that the Saints were underachieving.

i know you're frustrated that we're a look-past game on everyone's schedule, but in my case I'm going to support them regardless. I won't make excuses for bad play, they have been playing horribly, But i think that the coaching staff is now in place to make some things happen.

I just don't get it. We have been AWFUL since our induction into the league and all our fan base does is make excuses. It makes no sense. Maybe this is why our team is a laughing stock, b/c the fans tolerate it.

Week after week it's pathetic to see our team get POUNDED and written off by all the other NFL franchises. "Oh it's just the Texans, that's an easy win".

Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Bennie Joppru, Jabar Gaffney, John Wells, Tony Hollings, Phillip Buchanon all RELEASED or LET GO.

These were ALL either high draft picks or huge free agents deals that we got NOTHING for.

Then to this day the majority of people on this board REFUSE to admit that passing on Reggie Bush was the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made, and one of the stupidest decisions in NFL history.

Forget stats and compaing Reggie and Mario, look at what really counts... THE RESULTS!

The Texans are 1-4, just as bad or worse than last year. And our defense (that Mario was supposed to ANCHOR) is last in the NFL.

The Saints are a LEGIT 5-1 (beating a team that manhandled us) and their offense is one of the best in the league.

And go ahead, bash me, tell me how stupid I am, and make more excuses for them.... PROVE my POINT!

No bashing here. Just pointing out that if you feel that strongly about it, maybe you should move to Lousiana and get Saints season tickets. I mean do you want to be right or be happy ? I'm happy. I know Bush will bust out. I know he will be a good player for a few seasons. I'm content and greatfull that we passed by the king of the swamp. I'm greatful and content we passed by Vincent. Both are living up to my expectations of them. One touch down after five weeks for fifty something millon is not a good deal in my book. And Vincent still can't pass the football. I'm happy. Not our fault you are not.

Wow, I did not realize I was brainwashed. Just thought I was a true fan of the Texans, a PSL and season ticket holder since day 1. What the hell is there to sugarcoat? The Texans right now are an awful team, even a fan of the team can acknowledge that. Mario Williams is not one of the worst draft picks in history. If he is then Reggie is right behind him. Why not try giving each of these guys a couple of years before you start talking about them from a historical perspective. Truth be told Reggie Bush at this point of his illustrious career reminds me of Dave Megget. Bush could not score twice from the 2 yard line and has a 3 yard per carry average. I will continue to support this team because I believe steps are being taken to become a better football team in the future. If you can't deal with that well I really don't give a damn

Sincerely,
Lloyd
True Texans Fan
Section 136

I hate to think I am brainwashed.....

I think the thing we all have to remember is we have a new coach bringing in a whole new system. Kubiak is trying to improve on what he has to work with...which can be tough to say the least. I am holding on to hope that he will bring this team around in a couple seasons.
Keep in mind that he comes to the Texans from under the tutelage of Mike Shanahan of Denver. Shanahan inherited a damn good team, but it took him 2 seasons to get to the Playoffs, only improving the team by one game from the previous season (7-9 to 8-8), then gettin a Playoff spot the next season.
Maybe Kubiak can do the same, maybe not. All I say is the plan has worked on another team, just give it a chance and a little time to be ironed out here, before we start bashing ourselves for being "blindly" loyal to a team that may not be adequate for the job...

What would be a good reason to stop supporting a team??

How about when the team ownership decides to bring in players who are lockerroom cancers, show no respect for the team or fans, and have actually insulted the team and fans as much as they could. Basically, when the team includes people who, if you actually care about the team, you could never support.

For me, a lifelong Cowboys fan, the TO signing did it. That's why I'm now supporting the Texans instead.

No way I'd drop the Texans for signing TO or any other elite player. I don't get that logic myself.

No way I'd drop the Texans for signing TO or any other elite player. I don't get that logic myself.

I would never stop rooting for the Texans over one player. As a true fan I would think you'd root for the organization/Team. Although a person like TO can easily disrupt team chemistry, not that we have it now, it's not worth dropping the whole organization because of it.:twocents:

I would never stop rooting for the Texans over one player. As a true fan I would think you'd root for the organization/Team. Although a person like TO can easily disrupt team chemistry, not that we have it now, it's not worth dropping the whole organization because of it.:twocents:

And, plenty of Cowboys fans felt the same way - they're still fans now. But, it comes down in part to why you support the team. For many, there's more to being a fan of a team than just geography - the players, coaches, and general image/attitude were all part of what made me a fan. TO was more than just an annoying player - his star antics were intended as and taken as an insult to both the team and fans (and it's not like he ever showed any real regret for doing so). To many fans of the team, signing him was the equivalent of being willing to sell the soul of the team.

I'm not alone - in the Cowboys groups I was (and to a lesser extent still am) following, there were others for whom the TO signing was the last straw, and who have quit supporting the team. Letters and email postings to some other websites indicated several other people in the same boat.

For the Texans, I don't think that there are any players (including TO) in the same boat - players who have unapologetically insulted the Texans and the Houston fans. So, it's tough to compare. It's different, but it would be kind of like the New York Mets signing John Rocker (and he, at least, did apologize, several times) - I would imagine that several Mets fans would quit supporting the team if he were signed.

How about when the team ownership decides to bring in players who are lockerroom cancers, show no respect for the team or fans, and have actually insulted the team and fans as much as they could. Basically, when the team includes people who, if you actually care about the team, you could never support.

For me, a lifelong Cowboys fan, the TO signing did it. That's why I'm now supporting the Texans instead.

Can't say as I blame ya there.

Yep!

Then to this day the majority of people on this board REFUSE to admit that passing on Reggie Bush was the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made, and one of the stupidest decisions in NFL history. PROVE my POINT!

Don't lump me in with your "majority."
IMO, it was the height of idiocy to pass on Reggie. There, do you feel better?

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but Deuce left the field Sun. As he left I was thinking now we'll see what Bush can do as the no 1 Rb. I can't remember how many plays he missed but Stecker was in at Rb not Bush.
Not to say he won't be good but I don't think Bush is the slam dunk everyone though he would be. We would be 1-4 with or without him!

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but Deuce left the field Sun. As he left I was thinking now we'll see what Bush can do as the no 1 Rb. I can't remember how many plays he missed but Stecker was in at Rb not Bush.
Not to say he won't be good but I don't think Bush is the slam dunk everyone though he would be. We would be 1-4 with or without him!

Welcome to the board, good post.

I got one point for you slick, exit door is that way. no one here is saying it is all flowers and sunshine, but if you here just for wins and prestige you got your head up your parts I can't say.

Green Bay Packers are some of the most loyal fans in NFL, Last Super Bowl before Favre 29 years...that's right Junior TWENTY-NINE YEARS. Sure some fans came and some left...but a vast majority BELIEVED in their team.

let me ask you what do you want, wins, respect, fear, bragging rights...then send me your email address will hook you up with some Cowgirl fans I know...they feel same way you do.

I am here to be a Houston Texans fan, I was interviewed by Ted Oberg of KTRK before last years preseason game. I told him and I am telling you "if we go 0-16, I am still here".

I am not here just to win and be respected and feared....I am here because Bob McNair brought a team to Houston and promised to do all he can to make them a winner, have mistakes been made..is the Pope Catholic, do Panda Bears live in the woods.

Surely you are not putting yourself forth as an example of perfection, because that doesn't exist there is no such thing as perfection. You, Me everyone alive and breathing does best they can and hopes for success, it doesn't always work so you keep working

Only babies and failures crawl off and cry and have a pity party (OK Dallas Cowgirl fans do too), but to get up when someone has knocked you on your #$*& that takes COURAGE. If being a fan was easy there would be no losers, every team would go 16-0 and everyone would win Super Bowl every year.

So whine if that makes you feel better, complain about how brainwashed we are. OR accept the truth that some of us on this board are TEXANS FANS..Win or Lose:twocents:

Okay.:cool:

The problem with people today everything is NOW! NOW! Iw ant it all right now, if you want a team that is AWSOME go be a Colts or Eagles fan you will have a lot lot less head ache and probably would not whine like a baby to us, which we would apprecheate...........

Embarrased----------------------yep
Tired of losing--------------------yep
Brainwashed for "our" Texans------yep
wearing my Texan hat right now---yep
Still a die hard Texan fan----------Hell yes
Giving up my season tickets--------Hell no

Bobby 119C :fans:

And, plenty of Cowboys fans felt the same way - they're still fans now. But, it comes down in part to why you support the team. For many, there's more to being a fan of a team than just geography - the players, coaches, and general image/attitude were all part of what made me a fan. TO was more than just an annoying player - his star antics were intended as and taken as an insult to both the team and fans (and it's not like he ever showed any real regret for doing so). To many fans of the team, signing him was the equivalent of being willing to sell the soul of the team.

I'm not alone - in the Cowboys groups I was (and to a lesser extent still am) following, there were others for whom the TO signing was the last straw, and who have quit supporting the team. Letters and email postings to some other websites indicated several other people in the same boat.

For the Texans, I don't think that there are any players (including TO) in the same boat - players who have unapologetically insulted the Texans and the Houston fans. So, it's tough to compare. It's different, but it would be kind of like the New York Mets signing John Rocker (and he, at least, did apologize, several times) - I would imagine that several Mets fans would quit supporting the team if he were signed.

I personally don't think T.O. should apologize for any of the things he has done. It's not like he was involved in some sexboat scandal, stomping on a players head with 3" cleats, Busted for Drug abuse, firing handguns in public, getting into bar fights, and what not.

I like the taunting on the field, even taunting the fans...... it's part of the game, as long as it's clean. I was disappointed in T.O. for standing on the star, because that was a very poor Dallas Cowboys team(we beat them), and that's like kicking a dog for being a dog. It's not like the Cowboys were talking noise or anything.

People hate T.O. for the sharpie deal, but we don't even talk about SteveSmith in his Rowboat, or JoeHorn & the cell phone, or ChadJohnson & the river dance..... it's part of the game.... let it go.

Tearing up the locker room in Philly & Chicago..... because he said the QB sucked?? Because he said they should throw him the ball more??

How many times have we asked for Capers to throw the ball to AJ?? When you ain't got much of a team, put the ball in your playmakers hands.

keyser, I'm glad you're here, but can we expect you to leave when T.O. is long gone from Dallas??

Don't you love these "lose all the games so we can pick someone next year crowd?" What a crock! We had the number one pick THIS year and we blew it!! understand! we blew it... and as a reminder... getting the first pick is an embarrassment and absolute shame... that means we were LAST PLACE... again an embarassment!!! first, second, even the third year acceptable? maybe, but we are no longer an expansion team we are just a crappy team... WITH NO RUNNING GAME ( is my anger evidence of acceptance? Hell NO! I'm mad!)

I am Not used to losing and will never accept this next year crap... its been 5 years folks and all I hear is next year what a waste of time ...We had the first pick This year and we did nothing with it. so go figure!

Losers accept losing...
Winners NEVER accept losers or losing.

so far all I see is quiters and losers waiting for next year...

I'm with you bro I feel like hell after everygame and can't believe the acceptance. But, with that said: I do LOVE my Texans! And because I love them I will damn near cry every sunday... and be steaming mad on Monday...Unless they win...

I am The Mighty Texan and one day...

I'm using this as my new signature. Hope you don't mind because I feel the same way

Why would someone give me negative rep for copying this statement for my signature? He/She said I was an embarrassment. I guess saying I'm a fan of the Texans should be embarrassing. Oh well, whatever!:confused:

I personally don't think T.O. should apologize for any of the things he has done. It's not like he was involved in some sexboat scandal, stomping on a players head with 3" cleats, Busted for Drug abuse, firing handguns in public, getting into bar fights, and what not.

I like the taunting on the field, even taunting the fans...... it's part of the game, as long as it's clean. I was disappointed in T.O. for standing on the star, because that was a very poor Dallas Cowboys team(we beat them), and that's like kicking a dog for being a dog. It's not like the Cowboys were talking noise or anything.

People hate T.O. for the sharpie deal, but we don't even talk about SteveSmith in his Rowboat, or JoeHorn & the cell phone, or ChadJohnson & the river dance..... it's part of the game.... let it go.

Tearing up the locker room in Philly & Chicago..... because he said the QB sucked?? Because he said they should throw him the ball more??

How many times have we asked for Capers to throw the ball to AJ?? When you ain't got much of a team, put the ball in your playmakers hands.

keyser, I'm glad you're here, but can we expect you to leave when T.O. is long gone from Dallas??

I like the end zone performances & taunting too. It is just entertainment for the fans.

We were giving T.O. a hard time during the pre-game warmup. He was laughing, raising both hands and arms in the air. He was loving it. We started
laughing too. All of us, T.O. included, were having fun!

Bobby 119C :tease:

Tearing up the locker room in Philly & Chicago ..... because he said the QB sucked?? Because he said they should throw him the ball more??

Chicago?

TK surely you can see the difference between AJ and Owens.

If AJ has a problem with Carr, we do not know about it. AJ has enough class that if he has a problem he will take it up with Carr in the confines of the team meeting room.

Owens chooses to stomp and pout like a two year old and call his QB out in the national press, where it is all about what Owens wants, team be damned.

He has started all over again, did you miss his sideline tantrum during the dullas eggles game. It wasn't dullas against the eggles, it was all about Owens making a showing against his former team.

He may be a good player, but as a team player he sucks big time.

He is now, and will always be, a cancer to any team.

The antics you describe by other players on other teams do not denigrate their teammates.

:coffee:

....And go ahead, bash me, tell me how stupid I am, and make more excuses for them.... PROVE my POINT!

First, I hope you are a practicing litigator. I would want an attorney with your demonstrated self-conviction bundled with an ability to ingore any other point of view other than their own. (Yes... the "PROVE my POINT" part.)

Second, you have confused me and not because I don't agree that the Texans have dissappointed to date. Why are you chosing a message board as a forum to effect change or just :crying: instead of "voting with your feet" by not watching or going to the game? This must be a new way of communicating in "bizzaro world".

uhm did you by chance see vince young play against washington the other day? They won that game against a team we could not beat. I do not like vince as a I have stated before. But he has improved and will improve. I like Mario , but right now he will slowly emerge as a strong player. But happy? You must also like the pittsburgh pirates and the kansas city royals.

I do not accept your assement of VY. Time will tell my friend no doubt. Five coaches have made an attempt. And five hsave fail. Chow will be number six. My book says he spit the bit one more time . We'll see.

Dang it. Just when I get to root for a team win or lose, I am told it is just being brainwashed. I guess all I can do now is wait for a team to win the superbowl and then root for them like all the other bandwagon losers that have no loyalty (aparently you are also one of those losers.)

Why would someone give me negative rep for copying this statement for my signature? He/She said I was an embarrassment. I guess saying I'm a fan of the Texans should be embarrassing. Oh well, whatever!:confused:

I don't know who would give you negative rep. I originally posted that "damn near cry every sunday" comment and I'm ok with you using it as a signature. I wrote it...and very proud you would use it! Thank You! I am The Mighty Texan and I admit it. I damn near cry every Sunday and I am steamin mad on Mondays... But, I do love my Texans! and that gives me the right to complain! Dang straight. And I won't stop either... anyway... it didn't come from me... I didn't know you could get negative rep anyway?

The Mighty Texan

Okay.:cool:

The problem with people today everything is NOW! NOW! Iw ant it all right now, if you want a team that is AWSOME go be a Colts or Eagles fan you will have a lot lot less head ache and probably would not whine like a baby to us, which we would apprecheate...........

Its been 5 Years!!!! Now, would be great!! Some sense of urgency would be awesome actually! Could you give me a time frame for sucess?

The problem is NOT everyone can deal with your crappy excuses for poor performance and bad choices. It gets sickening really. We are still fans but we are sick of excuses... And just because you dislike what he said. You thrash him? Some of us are winners... and hate losing we still love the Texans but we HATE losing... and complaining and pointing out the facts is exactly what needs to happen. Because we are sick of excuses and the dreaded "next year syndrome"

Besides who made you king of the non-complaining post? Why don't you just not read his post if it upsets you? Why must you respond to his statements? Do you think you can get him to cheer up by giving him options of better teams to root for? Have you got any good tips on how to accept losing for 5 YEARS? Obviously, your well adjusted to it because you think its ok to lose for 5 years straight! with no complaints? right? But, its ok because you accepted it? We don't have to accept your reality... Not everyone can accept these excuses week end and week out and you have the nerve to call him a whiner? Everyone has a right to make a statement... and yes even complaints are ok! God forbid we might actually want results? Wise up Dude its been 5 years... its been 5 years losing... Some of us are tired and we don't want another team we want to win with this team and hell yes we want to win LIKE NOW.... Like yesterday NOW!

So, pretty please with sugar on top go clean the freakin Carr!

I am The Mighty Texan...

Reputation points are stupid in my opinion. All it does is turn you into a yes man. You can never make everyone happy it is impossible.

...'everyone happy'...so true...however, some posters on this board actually believe they are 'all-knowing' and everyone should post their 'way'...have absolutely no respect for any opinion that does not 'match' theirs

Democracy is a wonderful concept and it is not based upon 100% agreement, though all sides are welcomed to contribute their thoughts.

On this board, however, some do not agree with this notion--though their opinions have often been proven wrong--and use intimidation to try and...limit postings contrary to their own...but it is an 'open' board to all

On this board, however, some do not agree with this notion--though their opinions have often been proven wrong--and use intimidation to try and...limit postings contrary to their own...but it is an 'open' board to all
wtf? That's pure bullsheet and an outright lie...this place desires to host contrary opinion as we believe that good debate and intelligent argument drives a message board....we are as fair and we don't wipe stuff unless it's vulgar, has spam or centers on trolling. Neg rep for you!

Reputation points are stupid in my opinion. All it does is turn you into a yes man. You can never make everyone happy it is impossible.

That is hilarious coming from you. You ask a question--get a correct answer so you hit the negative rep button and now you are complaining about rep. LOL.

wtf? That's pure bullsheet and an outright lie...this place desires to host contrary opinion as we believe that good debate and intelligent argument drives a message board....we are as fair and we don't wipe stuff unless it's vulgar, has spam or centers on trolling. Neg rep for you!

...sorry, I was talking about...never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back