Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who would be your #1 choice?

Who would be your #1 pick?

• Total voters
I just can't make my mind up. Watkins and Robinson have been in the running for me for a while. Throw Mack in there as well. I want all of them.

i voted matthews for two reasons. first, it's all about the trenches IMO. a great line changes the world, especially in the playoffs almost regardless of the pieces around it. second, i see matthews as a lifetime player more than than any other option. he doesnt have the super high ceiling as several others, but he does have the qualities that will make a really good pro. bottom line, if i had to choose 1 guy who will be here 5 or 10 or even 15 years from now and at a key position, it would be matthews.

I just can't make my mind up. Watkins and Robinson have been in the running for me for a while. Throw Mack in there as well. I want all of them.

Like others, it's down to Watkins, Robinson, Bridgewater, and maybe even Bortles for me. Draft day is going to be a temple-rubbing day for me.

You know, I'm not going to say I'm for Bortles yet but I'm actually starting to think it's not complete madness either.

Bortles is the most intriguing of the QBs to me.

I expect us to go Bridgewater, although that could be more media hype than actual team hype.

y'all going to need help to get through this one I can see it now :ahhaha:
I want to see Clowney doing his thing as well as Mack tomorrow a lot will be riding on how well they respond on a big stage. So far Robinson is leading the faster Watkins by the sand in his pants.

I go BPA, not need. One player from this list is the best, but he plays the "wrong" position to go #1 overall.

Today .... Manziel. Ask me again tomorrow I'm liable to say Bridgewater.

Those two are very close and Bortles isn't very far from them.

I think I'd trade down to #4 with Cleveland pending I got #26 and either their 2nd or 3rd , take the top QB remaining at #4 and the best OT / CB.

If Bortles , Bridgewater and Manziel go 1-2-3 after that trade down .... I'll just take Greg Robinson or Sammy Watkins and look to get A.J. McCarron later.

I think I'd trade down to #4 with Cleveland pending I got #26 and either their 2nd or 3rd , take the top QB remaining at #4 and the best OT / CB.

If Bortles , Bridgewater and Manziel go 1-2-3 after that trade down .... I'll just take Greg Robinson or Sammy Watkins and look to get A.J. McCarron later.

I'd really look at Carr if he falls to the second round. I know there is a bad taste left in the palate of many after his brother, but he is not his brother, who really wasn't that bad initially.

I'd really look at Carr if he falls to the second round. I know there is a bad taste left in the palate of many after his brother, but he is not his brother, who really wasn't that bad initially.

I wouldn't touch HHWNBM V2.0.

He struggles against pressure more than any of the top half of the draft QB's and in the NFL , you are going to be pressured.

Bortles , Bridgewater , Garoppolo , Manziel , McCarron and Mettenberger I'd consider in rounds one thru three.

I voted Bortles because I didn't want Texian to feel alone.

I didn't realize there was so little love for bortles around here....
I voted him because I am biased vs the other two QBs

I'm not an expert, so my opinion doesn't count, but I have this strange feeling manziel could be another tebow, and bridgewater another of those "NFL ready QBs" that flops big in the League.

At least noone is overrating bortles (unless he is complete garbage).

anyways I would be ok with the texans picking any of those 3 QBs
I will look at any of them closely hoping he turns out to be the best out of the QBs crop

Not a bad plan if you have the 3 qb's nearly the same. It would put STL in a good position to trade back and let some other team jump into it at 3. But if you really like the other guys a lot, Matthews, Watkins, Clowney, Robinson, Barr etc. Its not a bad plan if you get the two extra picks. Its really hard for me to see Watkins fall past STL though.

in a league where QB is king, i select with the 1st overall, clowney. because the prospect of watt + clowney disrupting the oppositions QBs could give us the best defense in the league.

that being said, we do need to find some QB to be at least average for this year.

Bridgewater I guess, you he seems to be coming more and more average.

Johnny Football is intriguing, but too damn small.

Bortles? Maybe the next Jay Cutler, maybe the next Gabbert.

I see these 3 as the only viable options. Not a fan of McCarron outside of round 3

I didn't realize there was so little love for bortles around here....
I voted him because I am biased vs the other two QBs

I'm not an expert, so my opinion doesn't count, but I have this strange feeling manziel could be another tebow, and bridgewater another of those "NFL ready QBs" that flops big in the League.

At least noone is overrating bortles (unless he is complete garbage).

anyways I would be ok with the texans picking any of those 3 QBs
I will look at any of them closely hoping he turns out to be the best out of the QBs crop

To the contrary, I think Bortles is where he is because the media has pushed him up to be with all the talk of "Bortles could go #1" or "Texans looking at Bortles & Manziel" etc. Bortles reminds me of a less polished Ryan Tannehill.

To the contrary, I think Bortles is where he is because the media has pushed him up to be with all the talk of "Bortles could go #1" or "Texans looking at Bortles & Manziel" etc. Bortles reminds me of a less polished Ryan Tannehill.

Actually that is a pretty good description.

Jake Locker?

I've compared him to both Tannehill and Locker whereas most people seem to compare him to Roethlisberger and Luck.

I think people get hung up on Roethlisberger because of the body type. Luck was far far more advanced as a passer out of college, though.

I've compared him to both Tannehill and Locker whereas most people seem to compare him to Roethlisberger and Luck.

Look at the the talent gap between those comparisons and it's pretty easy to figure out who is comparing him to Big Ben and Luck...

I like Bortles. Hell, I liked Locker. But this is a guy who needs two years minimum on the bench. Do you use the #1 pick on that?

I think people get hung up on Roethlisberger because of the body type. Luck was far far more advanced as a passer out of college, though.

I fully agree. He has Tannehill-like raw physical tools, but plays a lot like Locker. If you look at the stats, he has much better college stats then Locker did, but when I watch him play that's who I think of.

I keep telling myself that I need to watch more of Mack, but I have yet to get around to it. He had a good day today and some of his highlights against OSU were impressive.

I keep telling myself that I need to watch more of Mack, but I have yet to get around to it. He had a good day today and some of his highlights against OSU were impressive.

Reminds me a bit of Von Miller, just without the level of competition. Dude tore it up vs. tOSU though, so that's gotta count for something.

I think he's getting a little bit more press right now than he should, but I do think he's the best LB this year. As Barr moves down the board, Mack will move up because teams covet pass rushers.

I refer to him as the Bridgewater of the LB group. I wouldn't say he's elite in any area, but is good across the board and ready to come in and play now. If he played at a bigger school there would be few questions about him.

IMO ... that was Buffalo's Super Bowl and maybe OSU showed up asleep . I wonder if that was in the 1st or 2nd half .

OSU actually got up by three scores early and then Buffalo charged back behind some big plays by Mack.

Buffalo was just so outmatched at every other position that they had no shot. Hyde was suspended for that game so his backup filled in and ran really well. Ohio St obviously schemed to play away from Mack but he still made tons of plays.

Would have loved to see him on a team with some talent surrounding him.

I'm as confused now as I was going into the combine........ My head's all tied up like a pretzel! I got a pretzel in my head!

I'm as confused now as I was going into the combine........ My head's all tied up like a pretzel! I got a pretzel in my head!

tumblr_lp44ysivmg1qmhbgeo1_250.gif

Well , the two guy's Im most interested in skipped parts of the process.

I do find it funny that some around here stated that Manziel is off their list for deciding not to throw .... but haven't made the same statements after Bridgewater did the same as well as skipped .... everything but the 40.

Well , the two guy's Im most interested in skipped parts of the process.

I do find it funny that some around here stated that Manziel is off their list for deciding not to throw .... but haven't made the same statements after Bridgewater did the same as well as skipped .... everything but the 40.

I would have liked to see everyone compete, but its still so early in the process. The problem is that none of these guys has really separated themselves from the pack and likely won't before the draft.

I would have liked to see everyone compete, but its still so early in the process. The problem is that none of these guys has really separated themselves from the pack and likely won't before the draft.

I used those exact words a couple months ago .... they still hold true.

Im to the point where I'd trade back a few spots for a kings ransom to one of these teams that falls in love with that :clown:'s 40 time and take an OT with the first rounder , then pick up one of the second tier of QB's in Garoppolo , Mettenberger or McCarron (In order of preference) and still have a pick or two to spend elsewhere.

Say we trade with Cleveland for 4 , 26 , 35 & 71.

#4 - Robinson or Zack Martin
#26 - C.J. Mosley
#33 - David Yankey
#35 - Garoppolo
#65 - Stanley Jean-Baptiste (CB Nebraska)
#71 - C.J. Fiedorowicz

That fixes a whole lot of problems in a hurry.

I'm starting To lean towards Robinson. And this after I argued with Badboy that you don't take a RT with number one.

Im to the point where I'd trade back a few spots for a kings ransom to one of these teams that falls in love with that :clown:'s 40 time and take an OT with the first rounder , then pick up one of the second tier of QB's in Garoppolo , Mettenberger or McCarron (In order of preference) and still have a pick or two to spend elsewhere.

^^^ this

a month or so ago i was hoping by this time i would have a pretty concrete opinion on my number 1. unfortunately I'm still not there yet and I'm not sure if ill get there by the time the draft comes around.

Ideal scenario is trading down

I'm starting To lean towards Robinson. And this after I argued with Badboy that you don't take a RT with number one.

Remember when I got crucified way early in the process when discussing Matthews @ #1 for the same reasons ?!

Take a look at my post just a few above this one .... :whistles:

Im to the point where I'd trade back a few spots for a kings ransom to one of these teams that falls in love with Clowney's 40 time and take an OT with the first rounder

I just haven't been able to find any separation between Bridgewater & Manziel while both have significant bust possibilities that make them a huge risk @ #1 and by the numbers , they aren't that far ahead of the second tier

I'm right back where I started ..... :smiliepalm:

yeeessss... join us....

images

We must fix the trenches
Search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true

Im to the point where I'd trade back a few spots for a kings ransom....

I'm starting to wonder if there is a player in this draft worth a king's ransom. If there isn't, what's plan B?

Just because we might start him at RT doesn't make him a RT. Just 4 years ago we were talking about the Badass that is Brian Cushing & how we wanted him to be a Texan forever. Then last year we're discussing what a mistake it was to extend his contract.

NFL... right?

Just because we might start him at RT doesn't make him a RT. Just 4 years ago we were talking about the Badass that is Brian Cushing & how we wanted him to be a Texan forever. Then last year we're discussing what a mistake it was to extend his contract.

NFL... right?

There are several points that make it easier to swallow drafting a OT. New wage scale, need, his potential, longevity of position, importance of position, the fact that Brown had his worst year since his rookie season last year and the fCt that he is at worst tied for being the best prospect in this draft.

And yes IMO he starts immediately at RT and is Browns future replacement.

I must admit, after watching and listening to more of Clowney I'm becoming less impressed.

Having said that, I'd still take him, Watkins or one of the two T's over any of the QBs. I think Mack is even moving up closer to the group.

I'd be ok with grabbing any QB O'Brien likes at 2.1. Just no QBs at 1.1 please.

And yes IMO he starts immediately at RT and is Browns future replacement.

I don't doubt that. But if they have a true competition, depending on what ever our new offensive "system" without a system is... who's to say Brown's the best fit at LT?

I'm a Duane Brown fan, don't get me wrong. But I know there are better LTs in the league (may not be many) & there will be better LTs enter the league every year... at least OTs with the ability to be better.

I agree with everyone else, if we're drafting a guy with a ceiling of RT, we shouldn't take him with the #1 overall pick. But if this guy has potential to be a LT, a franchise LT... yeah, you take him.

Granted, if there were a franchise QB there I'd take him instead. But next to QB, a franchise LT will make this team better than any other position available.. jmo of course.

the key word in this title thread is "your" #1 choice, not necessarily what Texans, Rick Smith or Bill O'Brian will do. rest assured, they will not select Robinson #1 overall. if Rick Smith is unable to work a trade down, he needs to be fired, real talk. If Texans are unable to trade down just watch St. Louis turn that pick into another extra first & still grab Matthews.... Texans need a QB, just don't see maximum value taking Bridgewater (my top QB choice) #1 overall. :bubbles:

if Rick Smith is unable to work a trade down, he needs to be fired, real talk. If Texans are unable to trade down just watch St. Louis turn that pick into another extra first & still grab Matthews...

Yeah, I'd just take the stance of getting the same compensation as a team would give for the #2 if I can't get a bidding war.

Back