Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What happened at Reliant?!

What happened at Reliant and with the fans? I couldn't care less about the fans. I don't pay to see what the fans do. I do NOT care if they pay a boat load of money and leave at halftime or stay for the whole game. I do NOT care if they get in their seats before kickoff or straggle in midway through the 2nd quarter. I do NOT care what color shirt they're wearing or if it's even sports related or not. I do NOT care if they stand and cheer or quietly sip their martinis in the bars. I am NOT there to see fans.

If you are a fan, do whatever the hell it is you do and let other fans be the fans they want to be, not how YOU want them to be.

As for the football team, they sucked ass. They don't deserve anybody in the &#$@ing stadium.

i sense

Frustration anger and disappointment ... win or lose its going to be okay bro LOL :texflag:

This is true, however NY and Chicago are old cities that have always been large with multi generational families that have been taught since birth to root for their team. Trust me on that, I married a woman from Chicago and not only does she root for the Bears but her family is always sending my child some sort of Bear, Cub, clothing that I am constantly hiding or throwing away.

Also notice your more rabid fans come from your industrialized factory towns. Greenbay, Chicago, NY, Pittsburgh, Philly.

LA doesnt have a team.

Also those cities mentioned you don't go to their stadiums and wear your team colors without getting your behind wooped. Here, in Houston? You get some nancy boy texting the man to have your ass removed at the first sign of getting rowdy b/c we have "Class".

There is also a difference between teams that have been around since the 1950's and a team that has been around since 2002.

Just my opinion though.

Really what we need to do as a fan base is stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and worry about yourself and make sure you are in your seat on time and make sure you are being loud. If you are doing that you wouldn't notice what other people are doing.

Again, just my opinion.

U nailed it we are still a young franchise lets wait about 50 more years and if the texans are still here then things will look much different

No where near as much as Houston. Go look at population growth (domestically especially) and you'll see. In fact, places like Chicago and NYC are losing people domestically to places like Houston. And LA is actually a great example of a transient city. That's a big fair weather town.

Look at this as an example: http://www.forbes.com/2010/06/04/migration-moving-wealthy-interactive-counties-map.html

NYC is the melting pot of the world, how can it not be a transient city?

Just because rite now the Sunbelt is attracting more people does not mean that all of sudden Houston is a transient city and NYC/Any top 10 populated US city are not.

I am not arguing that Houston is not a transient city at all, I am saying that all cities in America could be considered a transient city especially at one time or another.

This is true, however NY and Chicago are old cities that have always been large with multi generational families that have been taught since birth to root for their team. Trust me on that, I married a woman from Chicago and not only does she root for the Bears but her family is always sending my child some sort of Bear, Cub, clothing that I am constantly hiding or throwing away.

Also notice your more rabid fans come from your industrialized factory towns. Greenbay, Chicago, NY, Pittsburgh, Philly.

LA doesnt have a team.

Also those cities mentioned you don't go to their stadiums and wear your team colors without getting your behind wooped. Here, in Houston? You get some nancy boy texting the man to have your ass removed at the first sign of getting rowdy b/c we have "Class".

There is also a difference between teams that have been around since the 1950's and a team that has been around since 2002.

Just my opinion though.

Really what we need to do as a fan base is stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and worry about yourself and make sure you are in your seat on time and make sure you are being loud. If you are doing that you wouldn't notice what other people are doing.

Again, just my opinion.

Well the East Coast has been more populated historically so this would make sense.

Yes there is a BIG difference between the history of teams that have been around 70 years compared to 10, I was actually talking about this in another thread. I don't know how that has to do with the transient conversation though.

I completely agree with your last sentence, we are building tradition now...if people would do what you said lol.

What are u dumb yeah alot of families ...... :texflag:

You're calling me dumb? Have you seen your spelling? :texflag:

NYC is the melting pot of the world, how can it not be a transient city?

Just because rite now the Sunbelt is attracting more people does not mean that all of sudden Houston is a transient city and NYC/Any top 10 populated US city are not.

I am not arguing that Houston is not a transient city at all, I am saying that all cities in America could be considered a transient city especially at one time or another.

Yes, NYC is the melting pot of the world, but it's not a transient city. Families have lived there for generations. Houston is different, as it has attracted people from all over the country/world since it first starting booming in the mid-1900s. I think a better word to use is transplant. Houston is a transplant city. People from all over the country move here for jobs, and many remain fans of their team where they lived. NYC isn't a transplant city like Houston.

You're calling me dumb? Have you seen your spelling? :texflag:

Yes, NYC is the melting pot of the world, but it's not a transient city. Families have lived there for generations. Houston is different, as it has attracted people from all over the country/world since it first starting booming in the mid-1900s. I think a better word to use is transplant. Houston is a transplant city. People from all over the country move here for jobs, and many remain fans of their team where they lived. NYC isn't a transplant city like Houston.

That still does not make sense to me, you are trying to tell me NYC does not attract people from all over the world and particularly for jobs but Houston does?

I am not putting Houston down at all but to say more people move to Houston from around the world/USA for jobs and to "find prosperity" than NYC...I am not buying.

The Giants showed up to play because IMO they had to. Last week you got the feeling that they might turn their season around however to turn around this week and lose would have derailed that.

When are the Texans gonna realize that THEY have to show up to play, and
quit being the opponents' "elixir" to a good season? If you're as good as
you think you are, teams shouldn't come to Reliant expecting to "get well."

That still does not make sense to me, you are trying to tell me NYC does not attract people from all over the world and particularly for jobs but Houston does?

I am not putting Houston down at all but to say more people move to Houston from around the world/USA for jobs and to "find prosperity" than NYC...I am not buying.

NYC does, but it is no where near the amount that Houston does. It's a fact. More people, domestically, are actually moving out of NYC than they are coming in. The only thing keeping NYC afloat is births and International immigrants. How about this from the Census:

NYC: http://recenter.tamu.edu/data/popm00/pcbsa35620.html

Houston: http://recenter.tamu.edu/data/popm00/pcbsa26420.html

LA and Chicago are just like NYC.

LaidownTexans&coaches!

Another big game, another big time BLOW OUT LOST at home! The same , old dead-fense surprise no one again! The DEAD-last defense allowed every teams that played them an average of 408yrds per game, a fun field day passing, and for the biggest bonus of all,..a guarantee of 25.5 points or higher if they are not satisfied! The pathetic NFL WORST secondary DB should be cut, especially K Jackson. He is a BIGGEST BUST since Carr, what a big time loser,…he got creamed(Kreamed) on every single games,…TOO SHORT!TOO SLOW!TOO many big plays/TDs giver! The dead-fense never shown up on any games!
Frank Bush should be FIRED ASAP! You don't belong in the NFL (Not For Loser!)
We thought the Texans & Coaches staff learned a hard lesson after the Cowdungboys , but no, history repeated itself again , and again!

Let the grade report be shown!
Against the NFC East Cowdungboys & GiddyGiants

Dead-fense grade- --F that's 5 games straight & counting!
Off-fense grade--- F off day in big time game again, especially at HOME!
Special less Team ---F lots of same, old, dumb miscued & penalties!
Coaches Staff ----- F- Got out-coached again, 5 days to prepared, and that's the result!

The second Blow Out games in front of 70K+home fans, Mr. Mac air, Senior G. Bush , is beyond Pathetic, the Suckle Texans look like the first year NFL expansion team again, again & again!

Fourth!

Nah, the 30k Giants fans were loud and proud. I get so sick of seeing that many fans from opposing teams in my house it makes me sick.

Yeah, but considering all of the people from the NY area that have moved to Houston over the past two decades, it's not that surprising to see them represent well.

What happened at Reliant? The LaPorte TEXANS peewee football team showed up to play ball! The multimillion buck PRO team called the TEXANS stayed at home MENTALLY and enjoyed their hyped up lifestyles, thanks to dumbasses like me who keep going back for more, each and every damn week!!!

U nailed it we are still a young franchise lets wait about 50 more years and if the texans are still here then things will look much different

Maybe when McNair is in the grave.

I cant imagine an owner screwing up worse than McNair and still be rewarded so handsomely for screwing up.

The last time I went to Houston with the two friends I took to the game yesterday, we went to Midget wrestling the night before the game. This time around we had a midget couple (supposedly from Reality TV) sitting behind us. They were Giants fans and unconscionable ball breakers. Oh the irony.

What happened at Reliant? The LaPorte TEXANS peewee football team showed up to play ball! The multimillion buck PRO team called the TEXANS stayed at home MENTALLY and enjoyed their hyped up lifestyles, thanks to dumbasses like me who keep going back for more, each and every damn week!!!

This is exactly the way I feel. And now they screwed up the positive energy at the tailgaiting.

The people that were at the gate (Budweiser Plaza) and the parking lot attendants seem to be enjoying there new found sense of power.

Its sad that the Owner and Texans organization is more than quick and willing to address an obvious problem, which is the tailgating lots out of control issues. And so slow and hesitant to address an even bigger and more consequential out of control issue, our Coaching staff.

What happended at Reliant is the historical OWNERSHIP and COACHING of the Texans. Bob McNair is a loyalty guy and won't 'give up' on a player or coach he believes in, even when it is long overdue. Look at the Carr/Capers/Casserly regime and how long that took to get away from. Now, just like the Carr fiasco, McNair BELIEVES in Kubiak. So even when he has done nothing to warrent his return, McNair still give him a new contract. Just like he did with Carr. Okoye is yet another example of a player that is still looking for his 'potential' to come through. Most teams would have cut him long ago.

You can't fire the OWNER but if you empty the stands at halftime, it will sure get his attention and hit him where it really hurts, in his wallet. Everyone in the stadium should have boycotted that game and went back out into the new and improved tailgating lots and at least had fun and party-ed with their friends. At least the tailgating lots were NEW and IMPROVED. :cool:

Its sad that the Owner and Texans organization is more than quick and willing to address an obvious problem, which is the tailgating lots out of control issues. And so slow and hesitant to address an even bigger and more consequential out of control issue, our Coaching staff.

What happended at Reliant is the historical OWNERSHIP and COACHING of the Texans. Bob McNair is a loyalty guy and won't 'give up' on a player or coach he believes in, even when it is long overdue. Look at the Carr/Capers/Casserly regime and how long that took to get away from. Now, just like the Carr fiasco, McNair BELIEVES in Kubiak. So even when he has done nothing to warrent his return, McNair still give him a new contract. Just like he did with Carr. Okoye is yet another example of a player that is still looking for his 'potential' to come through. Most teams would have cut him long ago.

You can't fire the OWNER but if you empty the stands at halftime, it will sure get his attention and hit him where it really hurts, in his wallet. Everyone in the stadium should have boycotted that game and went back out into the new and improved tailgating lots and at least had fun and party-ed with their friends. At least the tailgating lots were NEW and IMPROVED. :cool:

The ONLY good thing about this Monday morning is that PETE IS BACK!!!!! LOVE ya my friend!! This board NEEDS you! Hope this is not a one day visit!!

Back