Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome to the New Board

Please keep in mind that the ads generate revenue and help keep this board free. Just saying...

I understand, but I also a month contributor and all the ads were blocked on the old server - no matter which laptop I logged in on.

Will someone tell this tech challenged old lady whey she sees ads on the home computer when she logs in to the forums and none on the work computer?

On Chrome I use AdBlock Plus, and I havent seen an ad in years.

:tiphat:

Now that I have gotten the hang of things, the new board is smooooooth! I have figured out all the new features, and it's basically an updated version of the old forum.

I like it alot.... :forrest:

It's working on the profile page, but not here.

I guess it does'nt allow animated gifs? :shrug:

looks like imagemagick just needs to be enabled if its included with this version of xenforo

Maybe I missed it earlier in this thread or maybe another, but I'm curious what prompted the move away from Vbulliten.

yes but I was looking for the little quick link so I didn't have to rely on my typing and spelling skills :)

Just quoting a post?
~ click on +QUOTE at bottom right of the post
~ scroll down to the bottom of the page to write your post
~ click on the INSERT QUOTE button just below where you type.

Tangent: I DO like that when an exceptionally large post is quoted, it doesn't show the whole thing unless you click on "see more". Saves from those posts with a crazy long quote, just to type 2 words underneath.

Just quoting a post?

If you are only quoting a single post, just hit the Reply button on that post and it will be quoted.

Hover your mouse over your username upper right, or click it to get dropdown options...

Profile_zps3w7mtgry.jpg

Click on the Your Profile Page link.

Appreciate the come-back, but I can find my profile page (etc) fine, but in my "news feed" or whatever it's called where you type in messages I would put in a photo of the week (if you will) on the old server in my profile page and in this server pics cannot be posted (in profile) as best I can tell.

It's all good, I'm not complaining because it isn't a big deal. Thanks a lot for your help, though!

Thanks let's see if it works
Just quoting a post?

Tangent: I DO like that when an exceptionally large post is quoted, it doesn't show the whole thing unless you click on "see more". Saves from those posts with a crazy long quote, just to type 2 words underneath.
huzza!

It looks like the site's favicon needs to be updated to a Texans themed one.
When I add a bookmark to my iPhone home screen, it has a xenforo icon.

I'll tell you what I can't find. Where is the "Cancel" option?
Used to be when you changed your mind about posting a reply, there was a 'Cancel' option. Anyone seen that?
Are you manually changing your text to blue every time you post or is there a setting I'm not finding?

I already have, however I actually enjoy using tapatalk and it's been easier to keep track with these forums.
Me too. I like the new site, but would love tapatalk back because I post on other forums (fora?) and its easier and more convenient from one place.

I'll tell you what I can't find. Where is the "Cancel" option? Used to be when you changed your mind about posting a reply, there was a 'Cancel' option. Anyone seen that?

Delete_zpsv4hen9pz.jpg

Click on the memory card looking thingy
Memory-Card-3-icon.png

and click on "delete draft".

Auto save drafts

While you are typing a message, now every 60 seconds, a draft of your message will be saved. If you reload the page later, your message will be automatically re-shown. Drafts will be automatically pruned over time.

Each draft is associated with your specific content, such as a thread, forum, or conversation. A draft reply that you start working on in thread 1 will not be shown in thread 2 and so forth.

Saving drafts happens automatically every 60 seconds as you are typing. You don't have to do anything else. You can also save or delete a draft at any time by clicking on the disk icon to save your post.

Called a touch icon...
for those that dont know what a webclip icon is, it is basically just like favicon, and will be the graphic displayed when adding a shortcut to your site on an iphone/ipad users desktop.

if anyone is interested in doing this on their own its pretty straightforward.
the easy way is to just upload a 180x180 png into your domains root http directory and name it 'apple-touch-icon.png'. dont round it or glass it, ios will do that on its own. just a flat square graphic will do.
Or this seems to cover it in depth: https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/touch-icons

If you are only quoting a single post, just hit the Reply button on that post and it will be quoted.

But if I just want to quote a single statement either from a post or from an outside source, is there a quick link to make it a quote anymore or do I have to manually type in the quote functions?

But if I just want to quote a single statement either from a post or from an outside source, is there a quick link to make it a quote anymore or do I have to manually type in the quote functions?

Click on the + and the first option on the drop down will be quote. Hit that and the tags will pop up.

Called a touch icon...
for those that dont know what a webclip icon is, it is basically just like favicon, and will be the graphic displayed when adding a shortcut to your site on an iphone/ipad users desktop.

if anyone is interested in doing this on their own its pretty straightforward.
the easy way is to just upload a 180x180 png into your domains root http directory and name it 'apple-touch-icon.png'. dont round it or glass it, ios will do that on its own. just a flat square graphic will do.
Or this seems to cover it in depth: https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/touch-icons
I'm using Android and get the same icon as the ios.

Are you manually changing your text to blue every time you post or is there a setting I'm not finding?
Manual. If I find a setting, I'll post it here. I've looked but haven't seen anything.
And yeah, I prefer the blue enough to change it manually every time. :)

Back