Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome Home, DeMeco Ryans

You're the only one who has two sets of expectations, at least from what I can see on the board.

I saw people saying anywhere between 6-9 wins with a few exceptions.

You, yourself had 6 wins.

That is until you decide to talk down on Stroud.

I explained why I changed my expectations.

If you cant understand why, then that's on you. Personally the ability to critically think is a skill that some around these parts lack. 4 wins- 5 wins 6 wins? What the bleep is wrong with you? Is your need to be right that obsessive?

If you cant understand why, then that's on you. Personally the ability to critically think is a skill that some around these parts lack. 4 wins- 5 wins 6 wins? What the bleep is wrong with you? Is your need to be right that obsessive?
You make zero sense.

You think the team is worse off because of Stroud, yet you raise the expectations.

It would make sense if you now say they would win fewer than 6 games.

But never mind.
Let's end this here.
You never intended to make sense.
It wasn't just me. Other folks had said the same thing I did.

I had said enough.

Yep . And that’s why I gave Speedy his props for being spot on. You did read that part as well huh
Do you remember that before last season, I had declared that "general" (as in "run of the") Mills was going to be the "tank" commander.
There wasn't any need to tank.
Mills and some of the guys they put on the team (like the other two QBs, and Burkhead) would be plenty enough to lose games.
I generously gave them a 5-win prediction.

You make zero sense.

You think the team is worse off because of Stroud, yet you raise the expectations.

It would make sense if you now say they would win fewer than 6 games.

But never mind.
Let's end this here.
You never intended to make sense.
It wasn't just me. Other folks had said the same thing I did.

I had said enough.

No and frankly I think I'm wasting my time with you.

I think the team has improved enough that if Stroud is 75/80% as good as Purdy is then they should win 9-10 games, provided that the OL stays healthy, particularly against this schedule. I dont know how to be anymore clear or that I'm being fair to Stroud. Lets hope Stroud has the clutch gene.

Last edited:
Do you remember that before last season, I had declared that "general" (as in "run of the") Mills was going to be the "tank" commander.
There wasn't any need to tank.
Mills and some of the guys they put on the team (like the other two QBs, and Burkhead) would be plenty enough to lose games.
I generously gave them a 5-win prediction.
Yes I remember you saying that.

Just gotta look at it with an unbiased view and not get caught up in the fluff pieces. Believe me, I want the Texans to win every damn game, but the talent they had the past couple of years suggested that they were not even close.

I will say, doing a hard look at the roster this past week and comparing it to last year, I do see an uptick in talent in a few areas. DL, LB, RB, TE. I think the OL even has better talent. Now, Green improving helps out a ton there. We'll see. QB will be better ... eventually. Who knows how the WR room turns out. There's not a true WR1, but I think there's better depth.

The weakest areas might be secondary depth. Stingley has to stay on the field. It's sounding like Nelson is out. King, Griffin and Thomas gives you a little depth but definitely a fall off. And it's worse at safety. After Pitre and Ward, it drops off pretty hard.

It's looking like I'll have them somewhere in the 5-7, 6-8 win range this year. Probably depends mostly on QB play. Even if it's Stroud starting early, rookies don't typically win a lot of games their 1st year. There's exceptions, sure. But if it's Mills starting for any significant length of time, I don't feel too confident the wins will come.
Agreed on all point of views. I was looking at the weak schedule and thought there were a lot of winnable games on it.

Yes, I wanted them to tank again, because I think next yrs QB class is much better and tanking 1 more yr is clearly worth it. IMHO.

They chose not to go this way and added veterans like Ward/Rankins/Ridgeway/Perryman/Littleton/Griff to the defense.

Adding Schultz/Mason/Singleton/Woods etc... and drafting Scruggs/Dell/Patterson etc... to the offense gives them more than enough fire power on offense to win 10 games against this schedule.

Surely you can see why expectations have changed. Ryans and company have higher expectations than many on this MB have. If the OL can stay healthy and there's more depth this yr, then there's no reason Stroud shouldn't be 75-80% of what Purdy is and that should be good enough to win 9-10 games.
Holy Shiza!!! Did you just post something POSITIVE about the Texans and Stroud?!?!. Out of the country at the moment...is it raining or snowing in Texas right now?!?!?! Did hell just freeze over????

Just checked the weather and its RAINING back home in San Antonio....weeks of over 100 degree weather and a RAIN comes down out of NOWHERE!! Thanks Steel!!!

Irony.

If you guys are looking for a contemporary example of irony bookmark this page.

Holy Shiza!!! Did you just post something POSITIVE about the Texans and Stroud?!?!. Out of the country at the moment...is it raining or snowing in Texas right now?!?!?! Did hell just freeze over????

Just checked the weather and its RAINING back home in San Antonio....weeks of over 100 degree weather and a RAIN comes down out of NOWHERE!! Thanks Steel!!!

If you are new around here let me explain it. It’s the classic rug pull. You build ‘em up to knock ‘em down later. He’s simply raising expectations understanding he is at the very high end of possible in order to do the aha gotcha later to support his overarching narratives relating to the same old tropes about 2’s, ownership et al.

If you are new around here let me explain it. It’s the classic rug pull. You build ‘em up to knock ‘em down later. He’s simply raising expectations understanding he is at the very high end of possible in order to do the aha gotcha later to support his overarching narratives relating to the same old tropes about 2’s, ownership et al.
Def not new...been surfing this MB since around 2004 or so...if not sooner.

But the only reason he's even able to do this is because Caserio wasted the last two years.

Now, maybe he's more confident about what Caserio has done over the last two years than the rest of us. If Caserio was building a quality roster in need of a quality coach, then there's no reason to believe the Texans will win less than 10 games.

I'm fair and hope for the best. I just give my thoughts and they're both positive and negative when it comes to the Texans. To be fair, I'm jaded and think I've seen this McNair's show before, but I can always hope for the best and if it happens I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Steelb can say anything even if he contradicts himself. :brando:

I'm fair and hope for the best. I just give my thoughts and they're both positive and negative when it comes to the Texans. To be fair, I'm jaded and think I've seen this McNair's show before, but I can always hope for the best and if it happens I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Did it start with the Oilers?

I tend to think you are a big fan but have been let down so badly over the last 5 decades. You continue to hope and continue to be let down.

Did it start with the Oilers?

I tend to think you are a big fan but have been let down so badly over the last 5 decades. You continue to hope and continue to be let down.
Yes I was since 1972, when my mother took me to my 1st Oilers game. They beat the NYJ for their only win of the season. Dan Pastorini got hurt and since he was both their QB and Punter, they had Kent Nix play QB and Skip Butler Punt and kick FG's. As a kid I thought having the QB also punt was the coolest thing.

Yes I was since 1972, when my mother took me to my 1st Oilers game. They beat the NYJ for their only win of the season. Dan Pastorini got hurt and since he was both their QB and Punter, they had Kent Nix play QB and Skip Butler Punt and kick FG's. As a kid I thought having the QB also punt was the coolest thing.

You started off with such a great memory of local football only to be disappointed time and time again. You may be suffering some type of emotional PTSD. Reading your posts about how down you are some times, but still have that glimmer of hope other times makes sense now.

I am not a psychologist but I saw plenty of the Frasier TV show.

Dude! I was at that game!

You are so right about the rain. I live out towards Bandera and was getting the grill ready and about twenty minutes later I was throwing a tarp over my wood with rain going sideways. NOTHING smells sweeter than rain on hot soil and limestone.

I matters, I notice you wont call your shots before the season starts. That's the way cowards operate. (Not saying you're a coward, just talking about thought processes.

What agenda

The I think they should win 9-10 games agenda? If that's an agenda then I'm guilty as charged.
"You won't call your shot..

That's the way cowards act..

Not saying you're a coward.."

Well what the heck do you call that?:spit:

I'm not sure if this is funny or sad lol

25f4d4c44a72e6344bbdaf841208f5bb.jpg

good point

I was talking about it lol

And you could already tell even in those losses that this wasn’t the same ole Texans!
Sure; we knew the team was getting better with all the new additions, but the vast majority never even thought of the possibility of going to the playoff, even as a wild card.
And the team didn't look like one in those two games; what with making A. Richardson looking like a HOF already.

Not too many people thought we'd beat the Steelers, and especially the Bengals.

Sure; we knew the team was getting better with all the new additions, but the vast majority never even thought of the possibility of going to the playoff, even as a wild card.
And the team didn't look like one in those two games; what with making A. Richardson looking like a HOF already.

Not too many people thought we'd beat the Steelers, and especially the Bengals.

I picked those as losses.

Back