Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome Home, DeMeco Ryans

Hard to believe there are people out there who don't understand that.

Of course you have to have a good QB, and we don't have one. Everyone understands this. We also don't have a very good offensive line, or a defensive line. Or a decent WR or LB. We have one good safety and a potentially good CB when he's not resting in his ambulance. And a good RB who'll be all used up in a few years if he doesn't get any help.

I know a lot of people worry about Young’s height but I’m more worried about taking a Heisman trophy winner. Last time a heisman winning qb who won a SB was more than 20 years ago. 🤣

I know a lot of people worry about Young’s height but I’m more worried about taking a Heisman trophy winner. Last time a Heisman winning qb who won a SB was more than 20 years ago. 🤣
I'm jaded, I admit.

Joe Burrows, a Heisman winner, was in the Super Bowl last season & in the AFC Championship game this season.

As a Texans fan, I'll take some of that. As far as the Heisman thing goes. I don't think Bryce Young will survive that long.

I'm jaded, I admit.

Joe Burrows, a Heisman winner, was in the Super Bowl last season & in the AFC Championship game this season.

As a Texans fan, I'll take some of that. As far as the Heisman thing goes. I don't think Bryce Young will survive that long.
Joe Burrow might be the one to break that curse. He’s gotten close.

Of course you have to have a good QB, and we don't have one. Everyone understands this. We also don't have a very good offensive line, or a defensive line. Or a decent WR or LB. We have one good safety and a potentially good CB when he's not resting in his ambulance. And a good RB who'll be all used up in a few years if he doesn't get any help.
I think you'e covered all of the bases. I do think the OL will be much better with a better center and one IOL added through the draft. The secondary is probably top 15 in the NFL.

If you look back to the time DeMeco was at Houston and consider his journey since:

1. even though he signed a 6 year deal, he’s not an “oh, I’ll build slow” kinda guy. Attacking now is his nature.
2. “Attack”: whether is defined is simply being aggressive or “swarming”, it’s who DeMeco is. As a linebacker, he played aggressive from the start and he was tenacious. That’s in his nature.
3. He had a great relationship with Cushing, because he likes players who have that drive, relentless. He’s getting guys like that.
4. DeMeco has worked, physically and intellectually throughout his journey. He’s aggressively going after guys who have done that, who do that.

I think what DeMeco has said and done is illustrated by what is happening in this draft. It fits

Hopefully this chapter is longer than the last two. :lol:

Big difference between being HC’s “only” desired and pursued by the Texans versus the Texans landing one of the most desired HC’s in the NFL…..even more astounding, DeMeco had a beef with the Texans that he was willing to set aside to become the team’s new HC. I don’t think the McNair’s ever had a chance to land Ryans on their own. Caserio was the man who got Ryans in the door and onboard with the new direction he wanted to take the team. Seeing the GM/HC on the same page is a first since the 2002 Texans.

Last edited:
Laremy Tunsil just said that DeMeco has brought a "whole new vibe" to the team.

"It's a whole new vibe, man," tackle Laremy Tunsil said Friday during an appearance on The Pat McAfee Show. "(Coach) DeMeco (Ryans) came in with that energy he brought from San Fran and just changed the whole vibe around the building, and that's something that we needed, especially since these last past three years we've been in a rut. So DeMeco comes in the building, he brought some new coaches, we've got some new players. Man, it's just a whole new vibe that's in that building. It feels great to be there."

Big difference between being HC’s “only” desired and pursued by the Texans versus the Texans landing one of the most desired HC’s in the NFL…..even more astounding, DeMeco had a beef with the Texans that he was willing to set aside to become the team’s new HC. I don’t think the McNair’s ever had a chance to land Ryans on their own. Caserio was the man who got Ryans in the door and onboard with the new direction he wanted to take the team. Seeing the GM/HC on the same page is a first since the 2002 Texans.

Asking because I honestly don't know. Was it beef or just business? Was he nursing a grudge all these years later and had to finally get over it in order to take this job?

Big difference between being HC’s “only” desired and pursued by the Texans versus the Texans landing one of the most desired HC’s in the NFL…..
I’m glad DeMeco is here. I’m glad that you’re glad. But was he really “one of the most desired HC’s in the NFL…..”

I know he declined one interview & took another, but is there any more “evidence” he was one of the most desired?

I’m glad DeMeco is here. I’m glad that you’re glad. But was he really “one of the most desired HC’s in the NFL…..”

I know he declined one interview & took another, but is there any more “evidence” he was one of the most desired?

He declined interviews with both Arizona and Indianapolis. That makes 4 out of the 5 teams showing an interest in him.

Reports out of Denver were that they wanted him and pivoted to Payton after not being able to lure him away from Houston.

Not saying that all four teams wanted to hire him, but reports say that two did. Not sure if that qualifies for "one of the most desired" but I would be pressed to say outside of Payton that none of the other candidates were getting multiple job offers this off-season. Reich was a head-scratcher and Gannon/Stiechen felt like consolation prizes being hired two weeks after Ryans/Payton.

He declined interviews with both Arizona and Indianapolis. That makes 4 out of the 5 teams showing an interest in him.

Reports out of Denver were that they wanted him and pivoted to Payton after not being able to lure him away from Houston.

Not saying that all four teams wanted to hire him, but reports say that two did. Not sure if that qualifies for "one of the most desired" but I would be pressed to say outside of Payton that none of the other candidates were getting multiple job offers this off-season. Reich was a head-scratcher and Gannon/Stiechen felt like consolation prizes being hired two weeks after Ryans/Payton.

It doesn’t get more “desired HC candidate” than that.

Ryans and Payton were the two most desired coaches and we got the right one. I wouldn't have minded Payton at all if the price weren't so high. We're better off with Ryans between the two.

I wanted a proven winner like Payton but think Ryans has a chance to be really good once he gains some experience.

I'd like to get your take on this post you made regarding all these positions...after all the FA signings and the draft...where do you stand? and would you revise any of this post???

Saw this article posted today and just sharing it. Kubiak and DeMeco Ryans

I just hope there doesn't end up with to much unfounded hope for the 2023 season. 2024, yeah they should be in gear by then if DeMeco is who we hope he is. For this season, anybody expecting 8 or more wins will likely end up disappointed. Folks expecting 5-7 wins and just hoping for more are more likely to end up feeling better about the season.

I just hope there doesn't end up with to much unfounded hope for the 2023 season. 2024, yeah they should be in gear by then if DeMeco is who we hope he is. For this season, anybody expecting 8 or more wins will likely end up disappointed. Folks expecting 5-7 wins and just hoping for more are more likely to end up feeling better about the season.
Hey Thorn howdy it can't get any worse so any optimism is flying everywhere in the air.

For this season, anybody expecting 8 or more wins will likely end up disappointed. Folks expecting 5-7 wins and just hoping for more are more likely to end up feeling better about the season.
How's Robert Saleh doing in New York?

The Jets won 4 games his first season as their HC. They won 7 his second. Bills, Patriots, Miami... not the powderpuff the AFCS is, but not the toughest division either.

I figure this season is about having any hope at all. It'll be the first season in a while that I did not feel hopeless before the first game was even played.

Obviously, realistic expectations are in order. This was a dumpster fire, and that's not going to turn around in a single season.

I figure this season is about having any hope at all. It'll be the first season in a while that I did not feel hopeless before the first game was even played.

Obviously, realistic expectations are in order. This was a dumpster fire, and that's not going to turn around in a single season.

Exactly. I think DeMeco will right the ship, but right now the ship has to many holes and is still in dry dock.

Oh but if it do, I’ll be the first to type in bold letter, “Heck Ya Let’s Go Texans”!

They have the talent to win 10 games against this schedule. They probably will only win 6-7 games next season.

They have the talent to win 10 games against this schedule. They probably will only win 6-7 games next season.

Stingley is going to have to drive his own car to work instead of riding in the ambulance. Same for our other 1st rounder from last year.

Stroud has to overcome rookieitus by the bye week, and then come back strong. The O-line has to perform, and the running game has to work. I have no comment on the passing game because it's been so long since I've seen one in Houston I guess I forget to think about it.

DeMeco has to supercharge the defense and that expensive ass 1st round D-lineman has to play like one.

Then they can win 10 games. It's possible, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Last edited:
Stingley is going to have to drive his own car to work instead of riding in the ambulance. Same for our other 1st rounder from last year.

Stroud has to overcome rookieitus by the bye week, and then come back strong. The O-line has to perform, and the running game has to work. I have no comment on the passing game because it's been so long since I've seen one in Houston I guess I forget to think about it.

DeMeco has to superchange the defense and that expensive ass 1st round D-lineman has to play like one.

Then they can win 10 games. It's possible, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
Against this schedule it's absolutely possible.

Will it happen? Probably not. Confusion will reign the day down on Kirby.

At this point every teams fans think they should win 10 games

……even when the fan suggesting 10 wins is the same one taking shot after shot at the rookie QB and organization while suggesting 6 wins may be more like it.

Dog…tail, turn him loose and just sit back and marvel at his determination while wondering….will he ever get tired?

You're the most confusing man ever.

You've been saying forever that you don't expect the Texans to be competitive until 2024, and that is only if they do it the way you approve.

Now that they done went out and get a QB you don't want, you turn around and say that they should win 10 games now.

What kind of logic is that?

You've been saying forever that you don't expect the Texans to be competitive until 2024, and that is only if they do it the way you approve.

Now that they done went out and get a QB you don't want, you turn around and say that they should win 10 games now.

It’s a setup 76. If they don’t win 10 we all know who will get the blame.

What's logic got To Do with it? Do with it? Logic is a second hand emotion. A fan's heart is meant to be broken.

Back