Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 18 around the NFL

AFC South Champs! Whoever had that on their preseason bingo card, step to the head of the class!

My brother in law did..He called me and from the way he sounded I could visualize him doing backflips in his living room..(but I don't think even he thought it'd pay out.) He and my sister took a Vegas vacation and while they were there, they placed a drunk flyer bet on the Texans.. It was a 300 dollar bet that pays out in three different stages.

Stage 1.. Texans win the division, they win 1,000 dollars (mission accomplished 😄👍)

Stage 2.. Texans win the AFC Championship, they win another 5,000 dollars.

Stage 3.. Texans win the SB, they win another 11,000 dollars.

They've already decided.. if the Texans win the AFC Championship (big if I know), they are going to schedule another Vegas trip during the week of the SB to collect their winnings. They will either leave with 6,000 dollars or 17,000 dollars.

The Giants are curb-stomping the Iggles!
The NFC vs the AFC reminds me of the disparity between the Eastern and Western NBA conferences were for years. The AFC has all the QBs the way the Western conference had all the guards/stars for years.

Watching the PHI/NYG game, that playing surface looks like texturized, painted concrete. There's no movement of the "grass" when people step. None.

Watching the PHI/NYG game, that playing surface looks like texturized, painted concrete. There's no movement of the "grass" when people step. None.
If you watch A.J. Brown's knee injury clip.. there's not a lot of bending/twisting of his knee in the tackle, but when he comes down hard on the field with his knee that's where he grabs it in pain.

Two things the NFLPA needs to take to the negotiation table during the next CBA.. 1. Playing surfaces. 2. Officiating.. Here's another one. 3. A new franchise RB contract designation where each team can sign a RB that they drafted to a contract that doesn't fully count against a team's salary cap. Teams would draft RBs in the first round again and RBs wouldn't be ostracized everytime they're up for their next contract.

Last edited:
If you watch A.J. Brown's knee injury clip.. there's not a lot of bending/twisting of his knee in the tackle, but when he comes down hard on the field with his knee that's where he grabs it in pain.

Two things the NFLPA needs to take to the negotiation table during the next CBA.. 1. Playing surfaces. 2. Officiating.. He's another one. 3. A new franchise RB contract designation where each team can sign a RB that they drafted to a contract that doesn't fully count against a team's salary cap. Teams would draft RBs in the first round again and RBs wouldn't be ostracized everytime they're up for their next contract.
IMHO, of the three major sports, I think the NFLPA is the worst. I really don't think they have done enough for the older players, healthcare for retired players or effectively represent their active players. Based on their negotiations on Thursday night games and a 17-game season, I doubt they can address playing surfaces.

The locals must've went full "NSZ" over there 😆 Mods probably just gave everyone a time out.

I know if I was a Jags fan I'd be pissed how my season just completely fell apart over the last 6 weeks. Especially with how they played today. They played uninspired zero energy football with a divisional title and a playoff bid on the line. Hate to say it, because they're divisional rivals. Jag fans are a loyal bunch, they deserve better. Lol.

Last edited:
Man I think the Jags board is down.. It's not working 😁
Jags forum mods right now:
_uXNmE.gif

Back