Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 17 Gameday: Texans at 49ers

Thanks one and all. This season was made bearable because of the message board. And tequila. Lots of tequila.

See you all here again next season, when hopefully the humor won't have to be gallows humor.

:texflag:

We may have the number 1 pick, but we're not the worst team in the league. We may be the most underachieving, least coached team, but not worst.

well, thanks to everyone who participated for being civil and on topic. I didn't think much of the game today early on but as it unfolded and it got more and more bizarre, it just became funny in a twisted sort of way with everyone's commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
"And all of a sudden, we're the masters of pass blocking. Give up a damn sack already."

Vinny said:
Carr is on the sidelines

Vinny....Care to elaborate?
Do you think the line blocks better for Banks than they do for Carr? If so, why do you think they do this. Or did I just read too much into your post? idonno:

:coffee:

cuppacoffee said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
"And all of a sudden, we're the masters of pass blocking. Give up a damn sack already."

Do you think the line blocks better for Banks than they do for Carr? If so, why do you think they do this. Or did I just read too much into your post? idonno:

I'm not Vinny, but I think it was to point out that Carr easily makes the blocking look worse than it is.

cuppacoffee said:

Here is a quote of mine from September 03 at HPF...this should explain what I mean.
Both David Carr and Rob Johnson are fast mobile guys. Both have a live arm. Both are big, physical quarterbacks. However, both guys have a poor *feel* for the rush. When Doug Flutie came in for Rob Johnson a few years ago most of the Bills line problems seemed to end. Same line, different QB, but the Bills did not give up sack, after sack, after sack. The line suddenly went from "worst in the league" to "not as bad as we thought". Perhaps this is coachable, but it doesn’t look like RJ will ever get it as he is now bouncing around the league. This makes me think that Carr will likely struggle thru his career with sacks.

Top QB’s slide in the pocket when they feel a heavy rush and buy a beat or two to get the ball off. All the great pocket passers have this instinct. If you watch Carr he does not have this ability. If you watch some of those sacks yesterday, he could have slid to open areas in the pocket, but as soon as a defender got near him it was too late. He makes the line look worse than it really is.

I still think Carr is developing. I still like him as our first pick, but I have some serious reservations about him. Combine the fact that he has ONE TD throwing the ball in his last 8 games with the fact that he looks like a Rob Johnson-esque sack magnet, we are starting to have something to kick around as to his long term down side. In my opinion the line did not have a great day, but Carr makes them look worse than they really are.

That's a great comparison. I had forgotten about Johnson. He and Carr are very similar they both wait a second too long to pull the trigger and then get sacked. I think they're both from Cali too.

I'm not saying we don't need too upgrade the OL but Carr makes them look worse than they are. How many of those "sacks" this year did Carr run out of bounds behind this line instead of thowing it away.

chuckm said:
I guess wonger got elected to make the world's longest beer run

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging, had a hannuka party to goto. I did catch the Nedney FG in overtime and have never seen so many happy Jews. You would have thought we won the draft rights to Jay Fiedler or Sage Rosenfels. Or just won backstage passes to a Rush concert to meet Geddy Lee.

This thread was fun to read and it's nice to see that the real and unreal fans have such a good sense of humor.

I read this thread as a guest....I registered 'cause I thought that the sense of humor displayed here was something I wanted to be a part of...

but DARNIT!!!!

You should have won!!!:challenge

CanadianSaint said:
I read this thread as a guest....I registered 'cause I thought that the sense of humor displayed here was something I wanted to be a part of...

but DARNIT!!!!

You should have won!!!:challenge

actually all saint fans should be thanking us for winning, ah I mean losing that game.

The Saints were going to take Matt L. no matter if they had the first pick. Now yall can grab him at #2 and you don't have to pay him #1 dollars. The Saints made out like bandits.

I dunno...I think we could have made a deal if we had the NO1 pick, and made out like gang busters......

I HOPE we get Matt L.... but we will see..I think Kris Brown was paid by the mafia lol...

We were destined to have the first pick, its been that way all year. I swear I have never seen a professional team be able to find so many different ways to lose close games. It became commical where all I could do is sit back and laugh.

Carr Bomb said:
We were destined to have the first pick, its been that way all year. I swear I have never seen a professional team be able to find so many different ways to lose close games. It became commical where all I could do is sit back and laugh.

When the hurricane hit, and then Deuce went down, I this season was tanked.

Back