Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 15 around the NFL

Wow! An OL called for offsides! I didn't see much there even after replay and Green's explanation

You pay to get ESPN so what’s the difference? It’s 2023. Find a free stream and watch any game you want to.

I get ESPN, FS1 & 2, and a few channels like that as part of my base cable package. I've quit watching most sports as they all like to hide behind paywalls these days. And football needs to be watched on the wide screen TV, not my PC.

I'm old and grumpy, let's just leave it at that. And get off my lawn while you're at it. :lol:

Far be it for me to mention anything about chrome & casting & smart tv's to an old curmudgeon like you

I have a really old TV that isn't a "smart" TV. Maybe one of these days I'll get a new one. What I've got is a 50" Samsung that's probably about 10 years old now and doesn't have all the newest tech on it.

I once owned an HD TV that had a CRT tube and it was HUGE and heavy and I had to pay someone to take it away when I replaced it. It took two guys to carry it downstairs to their truck. LOL

Sad day for Chargers?

I am willing to bet they are the happiest fan base at the moment right now.

GM was bad. 11 years, 3 HCs, and only two playoff wins.

Only the HC was worse.

careful, you don’t want to make bad day for the Texans at same time. Bobby Slowick will be a candidate for the Chargers HC opening. :logo::smiliepalm:

careful, you don’t want to make bad day for the Texans at same time. Bobby Slowick will be a candidate for the Chargers HC opening. :logo::smiliepalm:

Your original post was about the mood of Chargers fans and that is what I was replying to.

In regards to Slowik, I could be 100% wrong but I don’t see Slowik being a serious contender for an NFL HC this year. What would his coaching staff look like? What kind of culture would he create? He isn’t there yet. How much of Stroud’s success is creating a false assumption that it’s Slowik’s success?

It could be a Hackett 2.0 situation if hired.

Unless there is a very large amount of opening and a desperate team I don’t see it happening.

Your original post was about the mood of Chargers fans and that is what I was replying to.

In regards to Slowik, I could be 100% wrong but I don’t see Slowik being a serious contender for an NFL HC this year. What would his coaching staff look like? What kind of culture would he create? He isn’t there yet. How much of Stroud’s success is creating a false assumption that it’s Slowik’s success?

Unless there is a very large amount of opening and a desperate team I don’t see it happening.

Slowick hasn’t had his offense perform up to the 49’ers offenses. He’s a rookie OC still learning his way. I think teams may interview him, but he’ll get another year of seasoning on the Texans staff.

People talk about Mahomes’ arm strength and all..but Josh Allen…but that TD throw he made on the run just now..…ridiculous…strongest arm in the league hands down.

Sheesh!! The NFL is really starting to become unwatchable. Some of these calls are absolutely ridiculous.
Been saying this for awhile now.

On the other hand, the State Championship games this week were much better overall to watch.

I get ESPN, FS1 & 2, and a few channels like that as part of my base cable package. I've quit watching most sports as they all like to hide behind paywalls these days. And football needs to be watched on the wide screen TV, not my PC.

I'm old and grumpy, let's just leave it at that. And get off my lawn while you're at it. :lol:
I'm with you on this.

Jags just don’t impress me. More importantly Lawrence has NEVER impressed me. Once in a generation talent my ass. He’s a check down Charlie. And when he’s tried throwing it downfield, he leaves a lot to be desired.

Jags just don’t impress me. More importantly Lawrence has NEVER impressed me. Once in a generation talent my ass. He’s a check down Charlie. And when he’s tried throwing it downfield, he leaves a lot to be desired.
That's a powerful reverse jinx you've got there. I'd holster that until needed.

Says a lot that in 3 years, that’s the longest TD pass he’s thrown…& he still doesn’t impress me.

Reactions: JB
Looks like the AFC South is going to be a three horse race. If we take care of our own business we can position ourselves in a good spot.

There are now 5 teams at 8-6 in the AFC and only 4 teams above .500 in the NFC

Chargers fans are just like any other fans with a myriad of different opinions. I’m mad as hell it didn’t work out for Staley, he has a great football mind and probably learned a lot so next opportunity, be more successful. He is a first class person and human being.

I have no doubts about Slowick becoming a great Head Coach or other high profile job in the NFL. To quote Chase, “it’s what he was born to do” I’m just hoping it’s with Texans.

:logo:

This was the first time I ever watched Drew Lock play in the NFL & was impressed.

Eagles defense is garbage. It what NFL do you let Drew Lock go 92 yards for the game winning score??
Did you watch the drive?

There wasn't no "letting" about it. Drew Lock & Dj Metcalf said they had to have it & they took it.

Compared to the way the Chiefs and Mahomes reacted to a call, here is Jason Kelce on his penalty. What I find interesting is his comments regarding being warned for years.

“They’ve been warning me of that for years,” Kelce said. “I had a tendency to do that in the past so they’ve definitely warned me before. I’ve got to be smarter, especially in that situation.”

“I think if that’s a full yard to gain, probably not as much, but because it was so short, if I move it forward at all it’s going to be called, and I’ve just got to be smarter than that.”

Jason Kelce’s Surprising Admission About Refs Led to Lots of Questions From NFL Fans - Sports Illustrated

Compared to the way the Chiefs and Mahomes reacted to a call, here is Jason Kelce on his penalty. What I find interesting is his comments regarding being warned for years.

“They’ve been warning me of that for years,” Kelce said. “I had a tendency to do that in the past so they’ve definitely warned me before. I’ve got to be smarter, especially in that situation.”

“I think if that’s a full yard to gain, probably not as much, but because it was so short, if I move it forward at all it’s going to be called, and I’ve just got to be smarter than that.”

Jason Kelce’s Surprising Admission About Refs Led to Lots of Questions From NFL Fans - Sports Illustrated

JC manned up, like that but hate rule and neutral zone emphasis line scrimmage. They need to let players play the freaking game instead of handcuffing spontaneous, exciting brand of football (none of those rule changes make the game more enjoyable or safer).

Clemson trash.

Cant blame it on coaching either.

Back