Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 14: Seahawks vs. Texans Gameday Thread

Yep i thought we would see Brown again after Moats fumbled. Is it just me or does Foster look like he is hitting the whole faster than any of our backs have all year.

Yep i thought we would see Brown again after Moats fumbled. Is it just me or does Foster look like he is hitting the whole faster than any of our backs have all year.

For sure. He looks hungry to prove himself. Steve Slaton just looked hungry. He needs to drop that weight and get back to rookie shape.

This is one reason why hate that Kubiak is sucking it up this year. Gary's ineptitude is threatening the job of a damn good coach in Bush.

I think the higher-ups with the Texans are able to see that the defense improved dramatically from the previous three seasons under Richard Smith.

IMO, Kubiak's the one whose job is threatened. Not Bush's.

Players take on the personality of their coaches, more times than not. You can see that the defense is playing smart, consistent, calm-headed football. The offense is playing brain-farting, inconsistent, panicky football.

Outside of Andre Johnson periodically saving the offense, Kubiak hasn't done jack crap this year for our offense. He yanked back control of the playcalls, from having given it up to Kyle at the end of last season, and it has cost us this season IMO.

Foster is also pretty much rested. This is no surprise, but I wish Kubiak would have done this earlier. Then again....it's Kubiak.

This is one reason why hate that Kubiak is sucking it up this year. Gary's ineptitude is threatening the job of a damn good coach in Bush.

yeah we'd see what the D would do if it was missing a de, 2 olb's and a cb. some of you guys are a joke with some of your comments today

No harsh is the ten million he's taken from the team...can you say bend over, no lubrication? :)

That $10 million should have been split this way:

$5 million to DeMeco and $5 million to OD. Paying those two guys a one-year bonus would have been money better spent. At least someone who deserves it would have received it.

What a sham the way it was just handed to Dunta.

yeah we'd see what the D would do if it was missing a de, 2 olb's and a cb. some of you guys are a joke with some of your comments today

I agree... not to mention Houston is ranked #8 in the NFL on offense, and #16 on defense. The offense is still the strength of this team. I blame the losses on our usually 2-3 bone headed plays a game, on both sides of the ball.

I agree... not to mention Houston is ranked #8 in the NFL on offense, and #16 on defense. The offense is still the strength of this team. I blame the losses on our usually 2-3 bone headed plays a game, on both sides of the ball.

The offense has had wayyyy more bone-headed plays this year.

The difference is obvious.

Has anyone else come to the conclusion that Matt Schaub just can't throw a slant? He's been consistently behind the WR all season on that play.

I don't know, maybe I'm just Mr. Negative, but I don't see much here.... we're repeating what we've done all year long, we don't play (The Offense Today) four full quarters of football. If it was anyone but the Seahawks, we'd be probably talking both sides of the ball again. Get'em down, bury them!

I think the higher-ups with the Texans are able to see that the defense improved dramatically from the previous three seasons under Richard Smith.

IMO, Kubiak's the one whose job is threatened. Not Bush's.

Players take on the personality of their coaches, more times than not. You can see that the defense is playing smart, consistent, calm-headed football. The offense is playing brain-farting, inconsistent, panicky football.

Outside of Andre Johnson periodically saving the offense, Kubiak hasn't done jack crap this year for our offense. He yanked back control of the playcalls, from having given it up to Kyle at the end of last season, and it has cost us this season IMO.

Sorry, you are just wrong. The Texans are putting points on the board with effectively no running game, a decimated offensive line and without their pro bowl caliber tight end. Their starting running back is out for the year and every running back on their roster has been fumbling like crazy.

The defense played like crap to start the year, because the scheme Bush
wanted to run didn't fit the personnel. Bush retooled the SCHEME to the
PERSONNEL.

Offense lost OD, and let's be honest, ONE guard. Studdard, Myers, Catfish,
AND, Caldwell are comparable relacements. They still have AJ<the guy they
refuse to throw to in the endzone,> Jacoby, Slaton <who was benched
long before he got hurt,> Schaub, AND Kevin Walter/David Anderson/Dreessen.
Not to mention, he's had Foster on the bench for no real reason whatsoever.

Kubiak's squad has MORE than enough talent on that side of the ball to put
points on the board. He just NOW, that is, TODAY, allowing Schaub to
audible at the line. If Kubiak would play to the strength of his PERSONNEL,
he'd be O.K. His stubbornness is what held the offense back this year.

PERSONNEL.

BTW... Why does Bush get all the credit for the defense, and Kubiak gets all the blame for the offense? Isn't it Kubiak that wanted Bush to be the DC? And how do you know it wasn't Kubiak that forced Bush to make the adjustments?

I'd like to see Kubiak gone as well... I just don't understand the logic in some people's posts.

Look out NFL! The playoff race is dead and NOW the Texans are dominant. Wonder who's fault that is?...:foottap:

We sure needed that running game from Moats that we haven't seen in about 8 or 10 weeks while he's been sitting on the bench for fumbling ONE time.

Kubiak has been outsmarting himself way too often. McNair needs to tell him football isn't chess and the goal is to win....not to just impress yourself with how complicated you can make things.

I felt offense shut down in second half. Defense did most of the work.

Jup, pissed me off that we came out flat in the second half, on offense that is. Our D kept us going, but that conservative playcalling in the second half to maintain a lead is one of the reasons we've lost as many games as we have this year.

We HAVE to learn to maintain the pressure on offense regardless of how many points we're leading.

PERSONNEL.

To be fair... I don't think all the credit goes to Frank Bush, Cushing has been sick thisyear. This defense minus him looks similar to one run by Dick Smith like the begining of the season.

Sorry, you are just wrong. The Texans are putting points on the board with effectively no running game, a decimated offensive line and without their pro bowl caliber tight end. Their starting running back is out for the year and every running back on their roster has been fumbling like crazy.

You're not from around here, are you?

Welcome to the board. I'd like to show you around, get you acquainted with the place.

If you'll walk over here, you'll see the poll threads that show HUGE margins of dissatisfied Texans fans who are tired of 4 seasons of the same thing.

And over there is the gameday threads. This is where you can relax and soak up all the "WTH?!?!" and "Oh look, more 'cute' playcalling in the Red Zone..." posts that are littered all over the place.

Lastly, as we walk past the annual off-season "NFL releases full schedule" thread, you might notice that some fans saw what was clearly the most favorable schedule we've seen in a long, long time. That place is a ghost town this time of year, though.

We'd like to show you the "Texans in the playoffs!!! Whoo-hoo!!!" thread, but we didn't have a chance to build it yet. Oh well, perhaps next year.

If you need anything, just call the front desk where a Texans marketing agent will gladly assist you with any reasonable request you might have.

This just goes to show I should never watch a Texans game. I am home for Christmas break, so I was going to watch. But I went to my brother's hockey game instead, and the Texans won. I have watched 4 games this year, all losses. Both Colts games, the MNF Titans game, and the Cards game. So I am done.

Back