Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 12 Gameday: Rams at Texans

i wouldve never imagined the texans just quitting. This takes the cake. I lost all respect for this team and it will take alot to get back.

Dubya said:
You're happy we lost?

I want this coaching staff gone, and Casserly too for that matter. I can wait until the off-season sure, but I don't want anything keeping them here. They might as well burn-out completely and be sure to start over.

I thought Carr looked fine today. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we do need Reggie Bush.

ledzeppelin269 said:
Moral victory time. Vinny, did Carr really show that can be taken as progress or do you chalk it up to a terrible secondary and we will see same old Carr next weekend?
A little of both...but he dismantled a bad secondary like he was supposed to have done. This is clearly his best game since the Viking game...but they had a rotten secondary also. I'd call his game today very encouraging on the Carr front even though we couldn't score in the second half.

tulexan said:
I thought Carr looked fine today. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we do need Reggie Bush.

You can't be serious man... The problem isnt who is trhowing the ball or who is passing it, the problem is that we have an OL that looks like a bunch of friends taking some beers...

Willy

I blame the lack of scoring in the second half on the coaching staff. They obviously were more concerned with keeping the lead and playing safe rather than being aggressive and sealing the deal. They also failed to make any adjustments on defense.

I blame this loss on Bush. If he hadnt invaded Iraq, we wouldn't have lost today.....[/sarcasim] HaHaHa

Davis averaged 3.1 yards/carry on 25 carries.

Even throwing in Well's 1 carry for 10 yards, that leaves us with with less than 3.4 yards per cary from our running backs. It is hard to protect a lead when you can't run some clock.

texan2061 said:
It sucks getting beat by a rookie quarterback from Harvard of all places.

Man, you beat me to it. lol He's not just a Harvard QB. He's a 3rd Srign QB from Harvard. Wow. That was the one thing I was hoping would not happen all week, and unfortunately.... :brickwall

Vinny said:
A little of both...but he dismantled a bad secondary like he was supposed to have done. This is clearly his best game since the Viking game...but they had a rotten secondary also. I'd call his game today very encouraging on the Carr front even though we couldn't score in the second half.

It was said that this secondary had 6 starts between them! It was (I think) a secondary worse than ours if that's possible!

bobby 119C:brickwall

touttail said:
It was said that this secondary had 6 starts between them! It was (I think) a secondary worse than ours if that's possible!

bobby 119C:brickwall

No not worse, just less experienced. At least their secondary can tackle.:brickwall

Okay, so I was at the game and at halftime the Texans sponsored this Hometown Legends thing where they brought out all these former players from the Houston area. Many of these people were former Oilers.

So former Oilers return and we collapse. Coincidence??? I think not.

Fiddy said:
Okay, so I was at the game and at halftime the Texans sponsored this Hometown Legends thing where they brought out all these former players from the Houston area. Many of these people were former Oilers.

So former Oilers return and we collapse. Coincidence??? I think not.

I was going to post earlier that we need to demolish the dome. That area has too many ghost from Oiler past.

God of Wine said:
I was going to post earlier that we need to demolish the dome. That area has too many ghost from Oiler past.

I thought that part of the new stadium promotion was that the Astrodome would remain. Are we ready to back down on a promise?

Soooo, are we saying that ghosts are to blame for the Texans performance?

LMBH said:
I thought that part of the new stadium promotion was that the Astrodome would remain. Are we ready to back down on a promise?

Soooo, are we saying that ghosts are to blame for the Texans performance?

No, just joking around and fuming.:) We just need to start over, fire the coaching staff and Casserly then hire Jimmy Johnson.:)

God of Wine said:
No, just joking around and fuming.:) We just need to start over, fire the coaching staff and Casserly then hire Jimmy Johnson.:)

:thumbup That could be a good start, however, everything that worked so well for JJ in Dallas did not in Miami. But, I think that most agree, we will be going nowhere fast with the staff we have now.

I know alot of people want to keep losing to get the #1 pick but im concerned about the players. These past 2 games AJ has looked very disapointed and if you were him you would be to. He is such a great talents and we hardly use him to his potential (except for this game). Also D Rob cant be happy, hes the only playmaker on the D. Im just worried about are good players wanting to leave.... :crying:

Back