Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 10 Gameday: Texans at Colts

Damnit. I hate that call. Why cant they let players play, I understand you want to protect the punter, but he just like jumped our his head.

Way to go, Orr...it's hard enough for a normal NFL defense to force the Colts to go 3-0, much less ours. Then, you throw it away by upending Hunter, the Colts kicker...way to go.

Fiddy said:
I don't consider hitches and slants hard passes to make and I dont say an easy pass was a good pass because a big money QB should make those passes. When he connects with someone down the sideline and hits him in stride, I'll give him some credit...

like the one at the end of last weeks game?

God damnit..I'm all for protecting the damn kickers but when he's got his leg up in the air and it hits Orr's shoulder what the hell do they expect. Unbelievable.

BuffSoldier said:
Damnit. I hate that call. Why cant they let players play, I understand you want to protect the punter, but he just like jumped our his head.

This is the National Flag League, not the National Football League.

bigTEXan8 said:
That's right people. The punter is a civilian, so the refs must protect them. Heaven forbid they become football players.
Well I can tell who's not watching the game now can't I? he was pounded.

ledzeppelin269 said:
He was pounded but Orr was clearly going for the punt block. The punter just left himself open to get nailed.
Uh, the punters always leave themselves open to get nailed...that's why they protect them.

1-3 said:
That double hit was was Orr knocking the crap out of Smith

seriously. what kind of screwed up logic was that? "I heard a double hit...therefore, he must have hit the ball."

I'm all for giving us the ball, but that was stupid logic.

bigTEXan8 said:
If they are wearing pads and a helmet, they are football players. Therefore, no matter what position you play, expect to get hit or get off the field. This isn't sissy ball, it's football.
How long have you been a football fan? Every league protects punters who are in no position to protect themselves....from Pop Warner to the NFL.

Vinny said:
Uh, the punters always leave themselves open to get nailed...that's why they protect them.

I know, but what can Orr do? He was inches from the block and his momentum carried him into the punter. What do they expect to happen?

ledzeppelin269 said:
I know, but what can Orr do? He was inches from the block and his momentum carried him into the punter. What do they expect to happen?
There are thousands and thousands of punts....most guys seem to avoid the kicker. Run into him and you get the flag....You guys new fans?

ledzeppelin269 said:

they expect him to take a better angle.

Vinny said:
There are thousands and thousands of punts....most guys seem to avoid the kicker. Run into him and you get the flag....You guys new fans?

No, just a frustrated one. 1-7 will do that to you.

ledzeppelin269 said:
I have a sneaky suspision youd be singing a different tune if our punter got nailed and they didnt throw a flag at all.

well, at least we are giving our all. Still would have liked ot have gone for it on 4th down, but at least we are still plying hard.

Throughout the course of a Texans game, if you pay close attention to the replays, you would be shocked at how many times Marcus Coleman comes running into the screen at the last minute, always late.

Back