Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

VY comparisons--a list.

Texan in Japan said:
Texan Chick - Nice research; I kinda think that VY has no real comparisons. I think he's one-of-a-kind, but that's just me. Potentially, he could revolutionize the QB-position in the NFL.

:brickwall What is killing me and so many others is that some people can't or refuse to see that

dat_boy_yec said:
Yeah I would take Carr over Culpepper I mean the guy lost Moss and does horrible. Carr lost AJ for most of the season, but still posted decent #s. Culpepper had the opportunity to do well this year and didn't capitalize on it. Injury aside when Johnson took over they as a team improved. If Carr is out of the game and they put in Banks I almost want to change channels to avoid having my retinas explode from what I have to put them through. Leftwich is out and Garrard put up good #'s and beleive it or not I think if Garrard had been in during the Pats game they would have had a better opportunity. I'm not a die hard Carr fan and if they draft VY, then cool. In my opinion though Carr has proven he has talent, untapped talent, but I believe it's there. Also thunder kiss get off the gas man. McNabb and Culpepper did well, because they had good coaching and talent around them. They can step back and see the pocket crumbling, Carr can't do that. What Carr does is step back and start counting clouds because there is no pocket in his world and after the momentary loss of consciousness after a hit he didn't see coming the only comfort he can take in this world is that the clouds won't fail him.

Get over the Man Crush, The LAM is to much

MikeMc said:
YPC has more to do with the WRs ability to get YACs.....not the Passer's ability. Imagine an offense with short passes but with great WRs. WHo is helping with the YPC more...the WRs or the QB?

Another worthless part in the Passer Rating/Effic equation!

To say Young is an elite passer is just retarded! Please....the offense was the key, not him. The OL played a major part in it as did the WRs. Hell, I could have gotten those numbers with those guys around me!
This is so right, I'm tired of meaningless stats that one can skew for any point.
ESPN does that all the time.

Most important stat by far is Most Championships followed by
Wins and Losses

MorKnolle said:
I don't see any way that Vince can throw the ball over 55-60 yards, I never saw him throw one that long and his throwing motion would make it very difficult to do that, not to mention most of his passes over 30 yards downfield were generally badly underthrown and he had to rely on his big WRs jumping over the DBs to catch the ball.

I saw Vince Throw 50-55 yards when he was in High School, Your just Totally wrong on that one

eclem5 said:
:brickwall What is killing me and so many others is that some people can't or refuse to see that

What scares them, is that word could....... could revolutionize the position. & that's understandable. But if you followed Vince for the last two years, watched his games, watch him grow, listen to his interviews, and listen to what people who know him say about him....... there'd be little doubt that he will do well at the next level. He is one of those people who know that it takes hard work to be successfull, and he isn't scared to put in the work.

That coupled with the idea that Carr is every bit as good as Peyton Manning, and that he will do here, what Peyton has done in Indy. I believe he could be, but there is that word again.......... could.

Back