Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trent Williams LT Available

Kind of like a player wanting out of Houston.

I understand negotiations. Were I Washington I wouldn't even respond to the team with no general manager that just offered me a 3rd/4th round pick that I, as a team, still want to keep.

You don't need to start with a 1st. Start with two thirds maybe we end up at next years 3rd 2021's 2nd. Or next year's 3rd & 4th.

I could very well be wrong. But I wouldn't expect Washington to respond.

The no GM part isn't an issue, plenty of teams with non-traditional power structures as long as there is somebody that can sign off on the deal. The whole firing Gaine and trying to get Cesario was a much bigger deal in Houston and I guess Boston than it was to the rest of the NFL. As far as not responding while I wouldn't put it past them, it is Washington after all, that's a very bad move because it can create bad blood and poison any future deals that they might want to make. Not agreeing to it is one thing but there are better ways to handle that than to burn a bridge.

Most used tactic I know of and have seen is to ask for something so far out there that they would never go for it "We'll trade you Williams but we want Clowney, your next 3 years of 1sts and next year's 2nd". That way you have rejected the offer but still looked like you were willing to negotiate, and who knows, you might hit on a GM dumb enough to take the deal, looking at you Chicago.

Trent Williams??

What are the Washington Redskins team needs?

Whose holding all their dead cap?

Where is their projected draft picks going to fall at... mid...late...early?

two early 2nd and 3rds are lovely and a late 1st not so extravagant unless you wanna use it to
trade up and grab a guy which im all for when it comes to Georgia Tackle or Auburns DT...

You don't need to start with a 1st. Start with two thirds maybe we end up at next years 3rd 2021's 2nd. Or next year's 3rd & 4th..
A 3rd, a 2nd in the subsequent draft, with the Texans kicking back a 5th was the cost for Duane Brown. Will Trent have more suitors than Duane, thus raising the price?

Sounds like still speculation, but......

https://www.nflchatter.com/2019/06/25/texans-opens-up-trade-talks-with-washington/

(apologies to all, didn't mean to post something actually related to the thread title.....) :troll:

I wouldn’t put any stock in a gossip note that states Henderson had a “disastrous performance” last year. When does getting hurt in the first couple of minutes equate to a disastrous performance...unless you really know nothing about who you want to use to make your point.

I understand negotiations. Were I Washington I wouldn't even respond to the team with no general manager that just offered me a 3rd/4th round pick that I, as a team, still want to keep.

You don't need to start with a 1st. Start with two thirds maybe we end up at next years 3rd 2021's 2nd. Or next year's 3rd & 4th.

I could very well be wrong. But I wouldn't expect Washington to respond.

Offer next yrs 2nd and a 2021 2nd.

Then comeback with next yrs 1st

A deal will get done if Williams wants out.

The no GM part isn't an issue, plenty of teams with non-traditional power structures as long as there is somebody that can sign off on the deal. The whole firing Gaine and trying to get Cesario was a much bigger deal in Houston and I guess Boston than it was to the rest of the NFL. As far as not responding while I wouldn't put it past them, it is Washington after all, that's a very bad move because it can create bad blood and poison any future deals that they might want to make. Not agreeing to it is one thing but there are better ways to handle that than to burn a bridge.

Most used tactic I know of and have seen is to ask for something so far out there that they would never go for it "We'll trade you Williams but we want Clowney, your next 3 years of 1sts and next year's 2nd". That way you have rejected the offer but still looked like you were willing to negotiate, and who knows, you might hit on a GM dumb enough to take the deal, looking at you Chicago.

This is exactly how the Texans (We really tried hard and came in 2nd) does business.

How about Tytus Howard in a trade... I mean he TECHNICALLY is a FIRST so... it'd be like trading them a first rounder....
Tytus Howard and our 3rd
Trent and Bryce love lol

what part?

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

All because the org doesn't want to pay the price to acquire top talent.

This is a good way to make your fanbase think you're serious about building a winner, when in reality you get to keep on cashin those checks.

I'd give the next 5 1sts because I care more about Watson than any of y'all.

Let's revisit this post next yr when Watson is on the IR.

I'm sure you will come up with the same soin you had last time Watson ended up on the IR. Maybe next yr Watson will only get broken ribs and a punctured lung and still be able to play with the injury.

In addition to drafting well.

Atleast that's what the good teams do.

When you're always the bridesmaid there's a reason getting left at the altar always happens. Why do you think this is?

We dont ever have to worry about the Texans making a move like adding Williams. If they cant draft a LT then Watson will just have to bear the brunt of their decisions.

I asked a simple question, what are you claiming about last time? Simple clarification of your comment.

Don't bring other sh!t in.

Sure, that's what you were doing.

I was just asking if you had taken over the MB from Hook'em, I wasn't trying to start sh!t. My aren't we a little sensitive this morning.

Says the man who's a walking sh!t stirrer.

You contradict yourself more than I change my underwear.

I want to take offense. Then I thought, takes one to know one & you should know. So I have to accept it is what it is & resolve to work on that.

Thank you for pointing this flaw out.

With our greatest need being a pro bowl caliber left tackle, there is no reason we shouldn't be aggressively going after Trent Williams.

I'm going to be pissed if the Patriots manage to get him!!!!
It will be interesting to see how they pay for him if they get him. A highly probable SB ring may get him on field without significant salary boost but I doubt. Injuries within a season will probably eat up most of that nine million dollar cap space. In my opinion Williams is going to want 15 million per next two years plus extension. A couple highly paid salaries need to go.

Im not angry because i know...

If Obrien finishes coaching this season we will be picking top 10...
Now say if Georgia Tackle star prospect
"Andrew Thomas" falls to the pick we would've had

The Democrats of this fan base will swear up and down on how stupid this organization is when some of you pushed for a 1st round pick to be traded for a Left Tackle whose near end in his career

The Democrats of this fan base will swear up and down on how stupid this organization is when some of you pushed for a 1st round pick to be traded for a Left Tackle whose near end in his career
1. Thinking a first-round draft pick should be taken over Trent Williams is laughable.
2. Trent Williams is nowhere near the end of his career.
3. If Trent Williams is our left tackle O'Brien or not the Texans will not be in the top 10 in the draft

I suggest you go back to your Ouija board or whatever and try again. :-) icon here

Let me get this straight, you would prefer a rookie that will have to have time to adjust to the speed of the NFL and will be coached by Devlin and all this is assuming the rookie won’t be a bust over a proven, all pro tackle that is arguably the best in the NFL right now?

Democrat or Republican that’s just stupid.

Let me get this straight, you would prefer a rookie that will have to have time to adjust to the speed of the NFL and will be coached by Devlin and all this is assuming the rookie won’t be a bust over a proven, all pro tackle that is arguably the best in the NFL right now?

Democrat or Republican that’s just stupid.
Well at least he did not throw in the independents.

If your going to get it straight, THEN GET IT STRAIGHT!

Would I rather draft some serious talent for CHEAP vs
Grab a guy to develop some Shittee Tackle like Titus Howard
who wouldn't be as good as my rookie even after reaching full potential?

Besides once we actually get the line fully taken care of... We'll be looking for another LT on account of Trent age

I agree on Devlin but we can't let one guy cripple our future

#Trump2020

1. Thinking a first-round draft pick should be taken over Trent Williams is laughable.
2. Trent Williams is nowhere near the end of his career.
3. If Trent Williams is our left tackle O'Brien or not the Texans will not be in the top 10 in the draft

I suggest you go back to your Ouija board or whatever and try again. :-) icon here

1. & 3. Thinking your taking Trent Williams for JUST a 1st IS
laughable... What about rounds 2 through 7
What about our RT, CB and other positions that need to be addressed?
What about Draft spot selection picking top 10 vs picking bottom 20's for EACH round?

2.Yeah, he is still 31 oldest guy in NFL at Linemen is Andrew Whitworth at 36

Trent Williams is going to play until 2025?

Btw... y'all DO know Andrew Whitworth contract is up after this season...

Might be worth it to bring him in, I feel he'll inspire more than Devlin

It will be interesting to see how they pay for him if they get him. A highly probable SB ring may get him on field without significant salary boost but I doubt. Injuries within a season will probably eat up most of that nine million dollar cap space. In my opinion Williams is going to want 15 million per next two years plus extension. A couple highly paid salaries need to go.

Williams is already signed at $14.7 M/yr. for the next 2 years. By the time his contract is up, our young O-linemen will be veterans and playing better. So if he is declining in his ability (I doubt it), we let him walk - if not, we resign him.

The Texans have plenty of cap space. We should use it to improve the team for a SB run NOW.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans/

Any chance they'll cut him?

Since Washington has already signed Donald Penn as Williams replacement, it is pretty clear they intend to get everything they can in a trade (as they should).
This is an interesting scenario since our probable future GM - Caserio - is bidding against us for Williams services. The Patriots have a great deal of draft capital to offer in 2020. However, Williams is from Longview and went to college at Oklahoma so I hope he would prefer to be back down South.

What the hell does one's political affiliation have to do with Trent Williams? Anyone?

I'm no longer a huge basketball fan, but we all saw what the Rockets just did.

And then yesterday, the best owner/GM combo in baseball brought in a guy that could put the Astros in the driver's seat to win an AL pennant with a good chance at another WS ring.

Meanwhile, Cletus is over there on Kirby picking his nose and watching reruns of Honey BooBoo on TLC. Call the Skins? But Storage Wars is about to come on! Do I have to?

They can either decide to become the Astros and make a move that could put them back in the conversation to win the division and actually make some noise in the playoffs, or continue to be an also-ran content with the status quo.

That they (apparently) haven't been pushing the Skins hard for a trade is unforgivable. And now that the Skins have signed Donald Penn, now is the time to pick up the damn phone and make a deal - like TODAY Cletus! Get off your ass and do something!

Back