Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Training camp 2013

Pretty sure thats his point !

Appreciate the back-up, but I honestly didn't have a point. I wanted to see what Rey thought about the situation.

If he said yes (which he did) I'd take that as he being so frustrated with Sharpton, he's willing to cut bait & move on with very little "proven" talent behind him.

If he said no, I'd take that to mean he sees something in Sharpton worth waiting for.

Personally I'd hate to see the shtstorm his uncle is going to bring down on Rick Smith if we cut him.

Personally I'd hate to see the shtstorm his uncle is going to bring down on Rick Smith if we cut him.

Rey's opinion aside, seems like time to cut bait to me. I like the guy and his playmaking ability, when he has it. IT'S just not too often.

He's GLASSMAN.

Not too much room for those cats in the NFL.

Appreciate the back-up, but I honestly didn't have a point. I wanted to see what Rey thought about the situation.

If he said yes (which he did) I'd take that as he being so frustrated with Sharpton, he's willing to cut bait & move on with very little "proven" talent behind him.

If he said no, I'd take that to mean he sees something in Sharpton worth waiting for.

I think he has some talent, but you are right...I'm frustrated with him...

With mays dobbins and reed able to play inside plus an udfa or two, maybe a late vet pick up somewhere...

Roster spots are just too valuable.

Quality depth is too valuable. We have to keep them all to avoid another Barrutt Ruud situation. When you're playing for a ring you have to keep your experienced vets.

More clarification from Twitter on Sam Montgomery ankle report.

At camp, you don't get all the audio/transcripts because interviews being held all over the place all at the same time.

Sam told someone directly at SR610 that "...just got a mild high ankle sprain, not really that serious..."

So either 1. Yes, he has a high ankle sprain 2. He may be mistaken about it being a high ankle sprain. /Dr Sam.

It being a high ankle sprain would not be incompatible with Kubiak saying ankle sprain.

So, does Montgomery have a high ankle strain or not? Because if he does have a high ankle sprain it's a serious thing and he will probably miss the rest of the preseason at best. and the 1st month of the season at worst. If Montgomery has a high ankle sprain he's a candidate for the PUP at best.

And the IR at worst if he cant practice at all during the preseason. After all he would be a rookiewith no practice time. Do you think Wade would trust a rookie OLB like Montgomery during the middle of the regular season, when another rookie like Jefferson will have gotten all of the practice reps?

So, does Montgomery have a high ankle strain or not? Because if he does have a high ankle sprain it's a serious thing and he will probably miss the rest of the preseason at best. and the 1st month of the season at worst. If Montgomery has a high ankle sprain he's a candidate for the PUP at best.

And the IR at worst if he cant practice at all during the preseason. After all he would be a rookiewith no practice time. Do you think Wade would trust a rookie OLB like Montgomery during the middle of the regular season, when another rookie like Jefferson will have gotten all of the practice reps?

Thought someone said he was ineligible for PUP since he did briefly practice? Might be redshirt errr IR material.

Any word on how Randy Bullock and/or Shane Lechler are looking? Still wondering who will be handling KO duties.

Thought someone said he was ineligible for PUP since he did briefly practice? Might be redshirt errr IR material.

Once a player participates in so much as one training camp activity, they are no longer eligible to be placed on the preseason PUP list.

He is ineligible. To put it simply, anybody who hasn't already been put on the active PUP list - or anybody who has been put on it that comes off of it during preseason - isn't eligible for the reserve (out for the first 6 weeks of the season) PUP.

Timeline (reads bottom-to-top) style today as it's fast & furious open tweeting...
===========================================
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 5m
Case Keenum had a couple nice deep balls completed earlier. Two consecutive throws off target just now. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 5m
Highlight of the day was Watt being pissed after Brandon Brooks handled him in pass pro drills. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 1m
Watt comes around on a stunt untouched. So quick. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 1m
Owen Daniels just had a nice diving catch in the middle of the field on a ball from Schaub.

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 4m
Usually Texans have a lot of tall WRs in camp. He is one of few in '13 MT @PatDStat Andy Cruse w/ nice reception over Bouye on a deep ball

PDS ‏@PatDStat 8m
Andy Cruse with a nice reception over Bouye on a deep ball. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 10m
Case Keenum and Keshawn Martin with a huge reception. 50 yard bomb over Harris. Great coverage but better pass and catch.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 12s
Watt chases Andre down on a play trying to strip the ball. Andre had already stopped running. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 54s
JJo with a nice leaping INT. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 1m
#Texans took off the pads and now working O vs. D.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 3m
Done with pads for today. About 30 minutes left of practice. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 4m
Earl Mitchell looking overwhelming in the middle during O Line / D Line. Had back to back bull rushes on Pro Bowler Chris Myers

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 6m
Swearinger breaks up two consecutive passes to TE Jake Byrne in 7 on 7s. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 8m
Kareem comes back and answers breaking up a pass intended for Hopkins. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 8m
In previous days when Brooks would beat Watt 1-on-1, Watt would smile it off. Just got beat again today and looked angry. #TexansTalk

PDS ‏@PatDStat 9m
Keo and Jackson collide leaving Hopkins wide open in the endzone. Easy work for Schaub. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 10m
Ed Reed taking on practice in the back of the endzone going through reads in 7 on 7 drills. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 11m
Big bust right there in coverage leaving Griffin wide open in the endzone. J. Davis with the miscue. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 2m
Willie Jefferson starting to show some power out of that lanky frame. Not just speed.

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 3m
Though fans rightfully excited about new WRs, Andre Johnson is the EZ button. Effortless-looking excellence. /she tweets after AJ camp TD

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 3m
Not easy facing JJ Watt in this drill, but Brandon Brooks won one today. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 4m
Cushing with his first work of 7 on 7s. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 4m
Earl Mitchell gets by Chris Myers on a one-on-one drill & gets roundly praised. He has many excited about his first season starting #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 5m
OD now getting in on the action. Wide open for a TD. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 5m
Brandon Brooks just stopped Watt in the pass rush drill. Brooks has a chance to be really good.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 6m
Andre and Schaub start 7 on 7 good with a corner route for a TD over Kareem. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 6m
Willie Jefferson beat Ryan Harris on a quick inside move in pass rush drills.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 7m
Willie Jefferson has the inside speed pass rush move down. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 7m
Sam Montgomery is out of a walking boot. Taking notes with a notebook during practice

PDS ‏@PatDStat 9m
Lechler dropping some bombs today. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 11m
Feels like certain coaches have cleaned up their language a bit for this open practice. Also, PR says no inside this morning. #Texans

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 12m
On #TexansRadio GM Rick Smith just confirmed the reports that team signed LB Joe Mays.

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 16m
Keshawn Martin fields the first punt of the day.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 16m
Special teams at the moment for the #Texans.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 21m
TJ Yates looking solid. Hit Martin on the front pylon for a TD. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 21m
Daniel Muir, signed a few days ago, has stood out at nose tackle. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 21m
Newer Texan Daniel Muir, the NT, has looked very strong. Very impressive.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 21m
Cameron Collins playing today. Sticking RBs in the hole. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 22m
Wade Smith looked good in pass pro vs. Ninja. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 23m
Team has been working 11-11. Hopkins with another great route. Schaub said they were going to get him the ball

PDS ‏@PatDStat 24m
Cameron Collins bringing it to Greg Jones in the hole to make Tate bounce on the run. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 26m
Wide receivers for the #Texans putting on a show today. Bonner, Lemon and Maehl all looking solid.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 26m
WR are playing. Bonner strong hands on a catch

PDS ‏@PatDStat 26m
Brennan Williams delivering some pop with his run blocking. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 28m
Clutts giving Braman the business with a pancake block. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 28m
Dennis Johnson being rewarded for his good camp. He has gotten bulk of the work today at running back. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 29m
Hopkins well covered by Johnathan Joseph, Schaub leads him for a touchdown. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 29m
Next play, slant into end zone, Schaub to Hopkons TD, JJoe in coverage

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 30m
Hopkins try's to go just one hand in end zone against JJoe, incomplete

PDS ‏@PatDStat 30m
JJo with nice coverage vs. Hopkins to break up a TD. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 31m
Alec Lemon with play of the day. One handed catch in end zone over Roc from Yates. Lemon keeps impressing. #catcheseverything

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 31m
Alec Lemon with a great one-handed catch in the corner of end zone. Perfect ball from Case Keenum.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 33m
Daniel Muir makes a big play in the backfield. When he gets moving forward and low hard to stop. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 34m
Dennis Johnson continues to look good. Showing a nice burst getting around the corner.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 34m
Braman has missed at least three open field tackles today. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 34m
Pads separate running backs and Dennis Johnson has stood out here. Just had a nice run in 11 on 11s. Little guy, could make roster #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 35m
With the help of a huge block Dennis Johnson sweep for 6. Could be 3rd RB

PDS ‏@PatDStat 35m
Dennis Johnson showed patience on that run to score a TD. Good blocks by Gardner and Boren. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 36m
Brooks Reed looking good off the edge in run D. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 36m
Brandon Brooks pancakes Dobbins and lays on him. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 36m
Kareem Jackson making life tough for the offense. Caused a coverage sack. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 40m
ILB and Fullbacks going at it today. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 42m
Just saw a little something from Cierre Wood. He's been quiet the first few days of camp.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 45m
Greg Jones throwing Braman around with ease. Finishing the lead block. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 45m
Antonio Smith was singing walking to the line of scrimmage.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 47m
Jawanza Starling with good run fill in 9 on 7. #Texans

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 50m
JJo yelled to him "making money" RT @PatDStat: Bouye showed some solid coverage after getting beat earlier. Played tough in coverage #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 50m
Bryan Braman showed some run d a play before Dennis Johnson breaking a tackle from him on the next. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 51m
First play of 9 on 7, Tate trips behind the line. Training camp play by play! Embrace it! #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 51m
Just noticed that Sam Montgomery is out of that boot on his right foot. That's a good sign for him. #TexansTalk

PDS ‏@PatDStat 52m
Bouye showed some solid coverage after getting beat earlier. Played tough in coverage. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 53m
Nwachukwu finally finished a play with his speed. Nice separation and extra burst. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 55m
Alan Bonner with some good quickness to get open for a catch. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 55m
Roc Carmichael with some solid coverage. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 56m
Brandon Harris with a good pass breakup vs. Jean. #Texans

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 56m
On the first pass if 1-on-1s, Kareem Jackson breaks up a deep pass for Hopkins. #TexansTalk

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 1h
No sign of new Texan Joe Mays here at practice but Mike Mohamed traded in his No. 53 for 49, so that might be a hint at a number.

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 1h
Whitney Mercilus is out here but not in pads. He's wearing shorts with a compression sleeve on his right leg. Hurt hammy yesterday.

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley 2h
On public #Texans camp days, media is able to tweet during camp. Cool deal, tho risks too much emphasis/over-analysis on these few days.

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro 2h
Basically no non-clear bags bigger than a small clutch. Here are the rules in more depth: http://bit.ly/11euks8

Today is the first open #Texans training camp day. Should be fun. For fans with tx going, remember: the NFL's new bag policy is in effect.

Is camp overly positive this year or are we all excited and anticipating another good season?

Both. Tweets are usually positive, everyone's excited early, fans don't want to read a bunch of awful reports ..... but someone's on the losing end of those positive plays.
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Schaub is looking very comfortable throwing the ball to DeAndre Hopkins. It looks like there is no lack of confidence from Schaub in Nuk
Tale of the tape will be the preseason games. Lots of time between now and cut day for players/opinions/performance/injury to change.
========================================
BQb40uzCYAAFRU0.jpg

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Today's crowd of 5,219 was most the @HoustonTexans ever had at the first open practice! Thanks, fans! #WeAreTexans

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Roster players on the rise at camp. Cameron Collins, Daniel Muir, Tyler Clutts, Terrell McClain, Jeff Maehl #Texans

UDFA Risers in camp so far. Dennis Johnson, Willie Jefferson, Alec Lemon, Andy Cruse, and A.J. Bouye #Texans

For people asking about Joe Mays. His deal was confirmed by Rick Smith during a.m. practice. Should be with team moving forward. #Texans

Greg Jones and Tyler Clutts looked good clearing holes. Fullbacks making a difference. #Texans

The wide receivers stood out today. There is a good young group here. #Texans

Roughest day belonged to Bryan Braman. Struggled against the run. #Texans

A.J. Bouye had his first down day in a long time. He even said to me he wasn't at his best today. #Texans

Players trying to adjust to the mandatory knee and thigh pads. #Texans
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Brown added that he has thought about facing Dwight Freeney, with whom he's had twice-a-year battles all his career, Week 1 in SD,.

When @jpalmercsn asked Duane Brown if there's a guy who got best of him last year he still thinks about, Brown said not really. #Texans

Last edited:
edreed3-306x203.jpg

Ed Reed answers a few questions...

PDS ‏@PatDStat
Hard not to like what Ed Reed is saying. Didn't hide anything. #Texans

Johnson's text to Reed after SB "Congratulations." Reed responded. "Get me to Houston." #Texans

Reed said it was "set in stone" regarding his ending in Baltimore. #Texans

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Reed is impressed with the "overall athletic ability" of the #texans

"Everybody has been so welcoming" Ed reed

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
"The pieces are here but we still have a long way to go." Reed on Texans' Super Bowl chances.

Reed admits he misses Baltimore a little bit. "But that's life," he said.

Reed says still dealing with scar tissue. Will have better idea once he's past that.

Ed Reed said if there was a game today, he wouldn't be able to play.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
"Cool Kube I call him. Coach so cool. And he's a player's coach," Ed Reed on Kubiak. #Texans

Reed echoes Greg Jones' thoughts that Gary Kubiak takes care of players' bodies. both appreciate it. #Texans

" I know I'm close. ... I can't say that it is the first game because I don't know," ed reed. #Texans

Reed says he still has to get scar tissue and soreness out. Isn't to where he can run 100%. #Texans

Ed Reed Says "if dre said it, then it shall be" on Johnson's declaration he'd start week 1. #Texans

"Physically for where I'm at I feel good." Ed reed #Texans

Last edited:
I'll tell you a position that had me worried - but really no longer does.

Nose Tackle

I mean I was a bit worried about Mitchell, and it's early but by all accounts he is having a very good camp and has stepped it up.

Then we signed a guy recently that made me yawn at the time - Daniel Muir. All the sudden I'm hearing lots of praise about this guy, and he could be that large space eater many of us felt was lacking. Someone to stick in there on 3rd and 1 or whatever and just plug the middle.

I've also heard that Terrell McClain has has a good camp, and he has a chance to be a good backup and quality depth.

Lastly, the rookie Chris Jones. He's is probably 4th on this depth chart, but I've heard some positive feedback on his performance so far too. Most likely, this is a guy we stash for a year on the practice squad, but I think he could be a real player down the road.

I think we are a lot more set here than I anticipated, and this spot looks like a strong one to me rather than a weakness. Funny how a couple of off the radar signings and a young draft choice can really make a big difference.

Thanks for the reports. Sounds like Brandon Brooks is definitely a RG with his ability to plow the road, heh. Like what I hear about Earl Mitchell though honestly felt he would do well in any case. I was more concerned with the depth behind him so it's good to hear that the other NT's are showing up.

Braman had a rough one it sounds like. Don't want to imagine how it was for him and Dobbins to get pancaked by Brooks then laid upon by that big man. Ouch.

Quality depth is too valuable. We have to keep them all to avoid another Barrutt Ruud situation. When you're playing for a ring you have to keep your experienced vets.

The only think I didn't like about the Barrett Ruud situation, was that he was available for a long time before we got him. Heck, I think we signed Mr. Alexander to the active roster before bringing Ruud in.

The guy played well & if we had him earlier, maybe he could have been a bigger part of our defense, instead of learning it @ week 17.

We started Bradie James for God's sake.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 9m
Keo and Jackson collide leaving Hopkins wide open in the endzone. Easy work for Schaub. #Texans

Damn you Keo.....

[IMGwidthsize=300]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2166930/florida-evans-o.gif[/IMG]

Texans coach says backup QB Case Keenum is having ‘a really good camp’
Posted on July 30, 2013 at 11:58 am by John McClain

Texans coach Gary Kubiak says backup quarterback Case Keenum is going to play a lot in the preseason. (Brett Coomer/Chronicle)

After the Texans’ morning practice, coach Gary Kubiak was asked about backup quarterbacks T.J. Yates and Case Keenum.

“I think T.J. can throw the ball a little better than he’s throwing it,” Kubiak said. “His arm is a little tired right now. They’re all tired. He missed a few this morning, but he made some plays. He’s in a very competitive situation right now with Case, and that will work itself out throughout preseason. He’s (Yates) hard on himself. He’s always wanting to do better.

“He’s (Keenum) having a really good camp. He’s going to play a lot in the preseason. I’ve got to play him and T.J. a great deal. To make sure we’re doing the things Case does well, but he’s adapted and becoming a fine player. So it will be interesting to see how far he’s come.”

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp07302013_Wyckoff_DSC_3870--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_BB11434--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_BB11619--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp07302013_Wyckoff_DSC_4956--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp07302013_Wyckoff_DSC_5528--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_BB11496--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
--houstontexans.com

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp07302013_Wyckoff_DSC_4808--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_BB11578--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp07302013_Wyckoff_DSC_5567--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_BB11938--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_BB11933--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
[IMGwidthsize=600]http://prod.images.texans.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/TEXANS/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/clubimages/2013/07-July/temp_BB11870--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG[/IMG]
--houstontexans.com

Anyone else having problems seeing the pics Playoffs is posting? This is what I see.

yse4a4aj.jpg

It's the [IMGwidthsize=600] code. He's resizing the pics so it doesn't throw off the display on a regular screen.

I guess tapatalk doesn't appreciate that code.

Kubiak on the condition of Brennan Williams:

(T) Brennan Williams is going to get an MRI. His knee swelled up on him a little bit again, so we’re taking a look at that. That’s where he’s at this afternoon. Other than that, we’ll find out where we’re at in the morning.”

(on how concerned he is about T Brennan Williams) “He’s taken a lot of steps forward. Hopefully, today’s not a step backwards. I don’t know. He did finish practice, just had some swelling. The way we work here, in the middle of the day, if we’ve got to send somebody over to get a look or something, they’re going to miss our afternoon stuff. Don’t read anything into it. Let’s see where we’re at in the morning.”

Kubiak on Keenum preparing to steal the show:

(on how QB Case Keenum is doing) “He’s doing real good. He’s making a big push. I think he’s made the other two (QB T.J. Yates and QB Stephen McGee) much better because of how far he’s come, but preseason will be huge for him. I will play him a great deal and it’ll be fun to see how far he’s come once the lights come on.

(on the biggest difference in QB Case Keenum form when he first got here until today) “Confidence. Knowing what he’s doing. Now, he’s mastered another system and he wants to go compete. He does it every day. Does a hell of a job. Every day, Case makes four or five instinctive plays you can’t coach. He’s making a lot of progress.”

(on how far away QB Case Keenum is until the point where he can see he’s the backup quarterback) “Well, that’s what he’s trying to become. That’s his next step in this league. Now, I can tell you Case will tell you, ‘I want to be a starter. I want to start for a long time.’ The next step for him is to move up a notch and that’s what he’s competing with (QB) T.J. (Yates) to do right now. I don’t think we’re going to know until we go out there. What did he play in the preseason last year? Maybe 15 plays at the most. Well, he’s fixing to play a bunch. So we’ll find out exactly where he’s at, but, on the practice field, he sure looks good right now.”

Last edited:
Hook'em or Khari suggested the 600 width, so I resize using that. Takes a while.

It shows up fine on I.E., Chrome, FireFox, Safari, and Atomic on my devices.

You might post a question in the Tech Forum to see if TT has an answer for it.

Kubiak on Dennis Johnson:

(on what has impressed him about RB Dennis Johnson) “When you’re small like that and you’re hard to find back there, that’s one thing, but he’s an excellent runner. He’s got great quickness. He catches the ball well. The thing I’ve been impressed with probably more than anything is that he’ll step up and block a blitz. It’s hard to find guys who we say stay on the field for three downs and, if you’ll block the blitz and know what’s going on, you can become a three-down player. So that’s been encouraging.”

Dennis Johnson's reel from Arkansas vs Ole Miss 2012: Link

Quick, good vision, great balance, great hands. Gets to second gear immediately, gets to the edge fast, finishes plays strong. He can make people miss, but seems to enjoy the contact.

The good thing about the video linked above is that it highlights his blocking. He's good at spotting the blitz, but can't physically buy much time for his QB. At 2:09, he gets about 17 yards on a draw play on 3rd and 10.

Back