Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

This is what we got for Carr.

Daonly

Waterboy
A lot of people need to sit back awhile and take a deep breathe. We as fans need to start thinking a little more with some logic than what you may see in the media, other team fans, and hear say. As fans we don't get but maybe 5% of what a franchise knows. The Other 95% is kept in house. What we would have gotten for Carr probably would have made little impact to this club. A firm fourth round pick is all would we have to show for Carr; nothing more nothing less. Let's not fool our selves. How much punch a second day pick gets us in trade up value? Nothing. "Oh the Texans got that 4th round pick let see if they want to trade up to our 6th overall pick!"

There has been interest in Carr but not enough to take on his current contract. The Texans no matter if we trade him or cut him was going to have to take the bullet. By releasing Carr before the draft, it creates a lot more value in our 10 pick selection, than by obtaining a second day pick. A team like the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Vikings and the Dolphins are all interested in Carr and one of them should take a bite on Carr. If so the dynamics of the draft on top of the board should change; a Domino affect will occur, which would mean a solid top 6 player should fall to the 10th spot .Saving the Texans 2 million dollars and creating more value at 10 which should net us in essence a 3rd round pick for Carr. You may not see it at first to the blind eye; but we will see it when we have a 1 out of 5 chance someone in the top !0 will bite on Carr.

A player of the likes of Landry,Anderson,Nelson,Peterson, Branch, Willis, Hall;Lynch will be there. Not much difference between 8-12 picks. I feel the Texans are gambling that a top tier Player on the likes of Lienart will be available at 10 creating a bidding war. No matter it's the 10th pick in the draft it's much more about where a Team has a player on their board. If a Team falls in love with a player that drops to the Texans at 10; Then we should gets some serious attention.

Too bad we released him then.

Nobody would take his contract, even the teams that really did want him. And he wouldn't ink a new deal. So, we released him, got no picks. But, can't say I blame the teams(other teams) FO for not wanting to pay his contract.

I bet he gets a HUGE incentive contract with whoever grabs him. Like 1M plus 1M if he pays 75% of the games and then more if he plays well.

He has to prove he can play or he won't get big money.

I do not think this was the Texans strategy in cutting Carr. However, considering it was such an unrewarded classy move, it would be a fantastic silver lining if your scenario pans out.

It does make one wonder if the Texans want the Raiders to take Carr so the CJ and not Russell is the first pick of the draft. The same is true for Cleveland grabbing Carr. Possibly Minnesota takes Carr might have a small impact.

That would have a domino impact on the draft.

Imagine if Russell falls to 10. Or that Cleveland does not take AD because Quinn is available or Russell. One of the top 5 picks could fall to 10 under the right conditions, all becuase Carr goes to a team picking ahead of the Texans.

This means the Texans can either get a pick they would have had to trade up for previously, or they land the trade bait they need to be able to trade down.

While I won't count on it happening, it would be a neat thing to behold come draft day.

I do not think this was the Texans strategy in cutting Carr. However, considering it was such an unrewarded classy move, it would be a fantastic silver lining if your scenario pans out.

It does make one wonder if the Texans want the Raiders to take Carr so the CJ and not Russell is the first pick of the draft. The same is true for Cleveland grabbing Carr. Possibly Minnesota takes Carr might have a small impact.

That would have a domino impact on the draft.

Imagine if Russell falls to 10. Or that Cleveland does not take AD because Quinn is available or Russell. One of the top 5 picks could fall to 10 under the right conditions, all becuase Carr goes to a team picking ahead of the Texans.

This means the Texans can either get a pick they would have had to trade up for previously, or they land the trade bait they need to be able to trade down.

While I won't count on it happening, it would be a neat thing to behold come draft day.

Cleveland is a lock to take AP/AD. He said it himself on 610 AM friday. They sent a STAFF to both the combine and his pro day to watch him, and they have been "intouch" since as he put it. He even said it would be nice if he could get here, close to ome...but didn't see it.

Wonder why? Maybe because Cleveland is already talking numbers unless the teams ahead of them take him...hmmmmmm

A firm fourth round pick is all would we have to show for Carr; nothing more nothing less. Let's not fool our selves. How much punch a second day pick gets us in trade up value? Nothing. "Oh the Texans got that 4th round pick let see if they want to trade up to our 6th overall pick!"

Well thats just dumb.

Lets see: Houston Texans 4th round draft picks:

2002: Jonathan Wells (solid contributer for 2 years)
2003: Domanick Davis (if not for injuries is a top 10 NFL back)
2004: Glenn Earl (starting SS on our team)
2005: Jerome Mathis (pro bowl return man)
2006: Owen Daniels (starting TE on our team)

I would take almost ANY of those players in return for Carr. When did you decide a 4th round pick is worth nothing?

every pick is going to be real interesting. Esp. Cleveland. Apparently they like Russell a lot too and may take him over Peterson.

For what it's worth, I was talking to my friend last night who went to the sugar bowl last year. He's a big LSU supporter and after the game met Jamarcus Russell. JR was wearing a Cleveland Browns jacket and had a Browns duffell bag he was carrying out.

No doubt Cleveland really likes Peterson as a lot of teams do. But you can't rule out the fact that they are talking to other players really hard. If JR is picked 1 or 2 it could be a moot point though...lol.

Well thats just dumb.

I would take almost ANY of those players in return for Carr. When did you decide a 4th round pick is worth nothing?

please for the love of God, we were never going to get a 4th round pick for Carr!!! geez, just because some of you losers overvalued him doesnt mean the rest of the NFL did.

A lot of people need to sit back awhile and take a deep breathe. We as fans need to start thinking a little more with some logic than what you may see in the media, other team fans, and hear say. As fans we don't get but maybe 5% of what a franchise knows. The Other 95% is kept in house. What we would have gotten for Carr probably would have made little impact to this club. A firm fourth round pick is all would we have to show for Carr; nothing more nothing less. Let's not fool our selves. How much punch a second day pick gets us in trade up value? Nothing. "Oh the Texans got that 4th round pick let see if they want to trade up to our 6th overall pick!"

There has been interest in Carr but not enough to take on his current contract. The Texans no matter if we trade him or cut him was going to have to take the bullet. By releasing Carr before the draft, it creates a lot more value in our 10 pick selection, than by obtaining a second day pick. A team like the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Vikings and the Dolphins are all interested in Carr and one of them should take a bite on Carr. If so the dynamics of the draft on top of the board should change; a Domino affect will occur, which would mean a solid top 6 player should fall to the 10th spot .Saving the Texans 2 million dollars and creating more value at 10 which should net us in essence a 3rd round pick for Carr. You may not see it at first to the blind eye; but we will see it when we have a 1 out of 5 chance someone in the top !0 will bite on Carr.

A player of the likes of Landry,Anderson,Nelson,Peterson, Branch, Willis, Hall;Lynch will be there. Not much difference between 8-12 picks. I feel the Texans are gambling that a top tier Player on the likes of Lienart will be available at 10 creating a bidding war. No matter it's the 10th pick in the draft it's much more about where a Team has a player on their board. If a Team falls in love with a player that drops to the Texans at 10; Then we should gets some serious attention.

Jamarcus Russel just informed the raiders he doesn't want to wear the normal thickness of shoulder pads, therefore he is more likely to have an injury, so 25k is taken off his signing bonus. Because of that each team will pay their players in the top 9 a little cheaper, making our number 10 pick so much more valuable because you can now draft a team player and pay them less, everyone will want to trade up. I cannot wait to see this domino effect!

/sarcasm off

Well thats just dumb.

Man...good thing we didn't send our two 4th rounders to ATL. We have much worse luck with the second rounders, it seems.

:elmo:

Man...good thing we didn't send our two 4th rounders to ATL. We have much worse luck with the second rounders, it seems.

:elmo:

Good point .... I think the assumption is all draft picks are going to be players .

In a draft if you get 40% that make it you're doing something .

Good point .... I think the assumption is all draft picks are going to be players .

In a draft if you get 40% that make it you're doing something .

Totally.

Man...I'm starting to think we should trade all of our other picks for fourth rounders.

"with the fourth round picks, the Houston Texans take....everybody."

This is a list of 4th round Hall of Famers .

Fourth Round
Year Player Overall Pos. Team
Norm Van Brocklin 37 QB Los Angeles Rams (Also drafted in 11th round -78th overall- in 1949 AAFC draft by the Chicago Hornets.)
1957 Sonny Jurgensen 43 QB Philadelphia Eagles
1969 Charlie Joiner 93 WR Houston Oilers
1974 John Stallworth 82 WR Pittsburgh Steelers
1976 Harry Carson 105 LB New York Giants
1976 Steve Largent 117 WR Houston Oilers

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/draft/round.jsp

Too bad we released him then.

Nobody would take his contract, even the teams that really did want him. And he wouldn't ink a new deal. So, we released him, got no picks. But, can't say I blame the teams(other teams) FO for not wanting to pay his contract.

I bet he gets a HUGE incentive contract with whoever grabs him. Like 1M plus 1M if he pays 75% of the games and then more if he plays well.

He has to prove he can play or he won't get big money.

Who needs more than 35 million?

When did you decide a 4th round pick is worth nothing?

That's why giving up 2 second round picks is so sickening. Second round picks are so crucial to building a franchise. Free agency just isn't cutting it and we have too many holes to fill to be giving up extra picks.

That's why giving up 2 second round picks is so sickening. Second round picks are so crucial to building a franchise. Free agency just isn't cutting it and we have too many holes to fill to be giving up extra picks.

But you have to realize, the Texans got a proven QB in the deal.:joker:

Didn't we get DeMeco in the second?

Basically, we got a first round pick as if we won a game or two more last year, and traded 2 second rounds for Schaub.

Basically we got a QB in the second round who has been in our system for 6 years. 3 in college, two in the pros.

Again the idea of the 10th pick is that we can trade that down and acquire another 2nd this year.

The one thing I disagree with on this thread is the trust that we will make a good selection if one of those top 6 players fall to us.

Look at QB75's joker and then realize that he's being sarcastical. If you keep track of different people's opinions, you'll know that QB75 is one of the more diehard Carr supporters and therefore considers the whole Schaub/Carr situation a fiasco that proves the Texans don't have a clue.

don't scoff at 4th rounders. i've said it once, i'll say it again....the 4th round generally presents better value than the 3rd round. lots of guys that were originally 1st and 2nd rounders fall to the 4th due to various reasons, whether it's injury or size or speed or what have you. basically teams feel that if they're not worthy of a late 2nd round pick, then they'll just let them slide to the second day. i dunno why that happens, but it does, and it happens a LOT. you'll see some damn fine players come off the board during the first few picks of day two.

If the Texans were only allowed to pick in the 4th rounder since their inception we would've won the superbowl already.

We can find some 4th round gems!!!

Look at QB75's joker and then realize that he's being sarcastical. If you keep track of different people's opinions, you'll know that QB75 is one of the more diehard Carr supporters and therefore considers the whole Schaub/Carr situation a fiasco that proves the Texans don't have a clue.

Because you have no idea what Carr's "value" is. He may well be worth a #1 to a team that needs one in a year that is weak on QBs in the draft.

You must consider the source on any post from QB75.

QB75, how much longer are you going to be around?

Here are the "world champion" Colts 2nd round picks since 2000. Nothing much there that you can't find in FA each and every year and guys who are mostly "just guys" in relative terms as far as in how replaceable they are. Quality starting QB's are hard to find so a couple of guys in this group would be well worth the right guy since you are only displacing one player. Nobody wanted Carr at his salary so why would we? Sage isn't a NFL starter....getting a second round guy would set us back 2 more years. Teams gear to win now and I'm glad the Texans have woken up. We won't miss next year's second round pick this season and next year we can sign a bigger FA with the money we are saving by cutting the dead wood this season.

Tim Jennings
Kelvin Hayden
Ben Hartsock
Michael Doss
Larry Tripplett
Idrees Bashir
Marcus Washington

Many of you are missing the point. The Texans have so many holes to fill that even 4th Rounders stand a good chance of starting immediately not to mention two 2nd Rounders over the next 2 years.

You don't get sarcasm do you?

Back