A lot of people need to sit back awhile and take a deep breathe. We as fans need to start thinking a little more with some logic than what you may see in the media, other team fans, and hear say. As fans we don't get but maybe 5% of what a franchise knows. The Other 95% is kept in house. What we would have gotten for Carr probably would have made little impact to this club. A firm fourth round pick is all would we have to show for Carr; nothing more nothing less. Let's not fool our selves. How much punch a second day pick gets us in trade up value? Nothing. "Oh the Texans got that 4th round pick let see if they want to trade up to our 6th overall pick!" There has been interest in Carr but not enough to take on his current contract. The Texans no matter if we trade him or cut him was going to have to take the bullet. By releasing Carr before the draft, it creates a lot more value in our 10 pick selection, than by obtaining a second day pick. A team like the Raiders, Lions, Browns, Vikings and the Dolphins are all interested in Carr and one of them should take a bite on Carr. If so the dynamics of the draft on top of the board should change; a Domino affect will occur, which would mean a solid top 6 player should fall to the 10th spot .Saving the Texans 2 million dollars and creating more value at 10 which should net us in essence a 3rd round pick for Carr. You may not see it at first to the blind eye; but we will see it when we have a 1 out of 5 chance someone in the top !0 will bite on Carr. A player of the likes of Landry,Anderson,Nelson,Peterson, Branch, Willis, Hall;Lynch will be there. Not much difference between 8-12 picks. I feel the Texans are gambling that a top tier Player on the likes of Lienart will be available at 10 creating a bidding war. No matter it's the 10th pick in the draft it's much more about where a Team has a player on their board. If a Team falls in love with a player that drops to the Texans at 10; Then we should gets some serious attention.