Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Rise of Hannah

Agree this is going nowhere. So, let's agree to disagree. Because "rumored to be 1-1 and probably would've been" are not facts. They are speculation. It's similar to the speculation that if Mills spent another year in college, he would be a first-round pick. Pure speculation.
Even if it were true, 1st year probably had more to do with high school coach or his dad, than BO’b.

Agree this is going nowhere. So, let's agree to disagree. Because "rumored to be 1-1 and probably would've been" are not facts. They are speculation. It's similar to the speculation that if Mills spent another year in college, he would be a first-round pick. Pure speculation.
Young was drafted 1-1, so there's that.

Let's not let our dislike of BOB distort the facts.

Even if it were true, 1st year probably had more to do with high school coach or his dad, than BO’b.

Again, speculating, truth is Hack was at his best under BOB,

Fact: All of the QB's listed performed at their best under BOB.

Why?

I will take Rick Smith mediocrity over the nuclear destruction that was OB and Watson everyday and twice on Sunday.

At least when the team was handed over to OB it was a few players away with draft picks and salary cap space.

When the team was handed over to (forgot his name) there was no money, no draft picks, and few NFL players.

Since they were never going to win with RS, I wanted to burn the thing to the ground. In hindsight Cal should've given up the 1st (Howard) to Belichick to get Caserio before disaster struck.

It means plenty

Saban has built a great program, but Smart is doing what Saban used to do. Kelly and Hueppel are on par with Saban now on the recruiting trail. PM me and let me know how the visits went.
So what about Watson besting Bama and the mighty Saban and it should've been twice? Oh yeah, he put up 1000 yds in those 2 games.

Both Young and Hack were projected to be drafted 1-1 after working with BOB. Those were the only 2 college QB's that BOB worked with and he only worked with Hack for 1 yr. Who knows how Hacks career would have turned out if he had worked with BOB for 2-4 years.
Yeah, Like Matt Barkley and Will Levis huh?

So what about Watson besting Bama and the mighty Saban and it should've been twice? Oh yeah, he put up 1000 yds in those 2 games.

What about it?

He was a great college QB and a slightly above avg NFL QB. Why, because in the NFL his talent couldn't make up for his lack of brain power. Hence you get slightly above avg. Which is the fate that I think happens with Stroud.

What about it?

He was a great college QB and a slightly above avg NFL QB. Why, because in the NFL his talent couldn't make up for his lack of brain power. Hence you get slightly above avg. Which is the fate that I think happens with Stroud.
You're the only person who follows the nfl who thinks Watson is slightly above average and isn't a smart football player. Nobody, I mean nobody has ever said that except you. There isn't any play in the field that suggest that either. You don't have that high of a td to int ratio ,yards, and accuracy being a dumb qb. It doesn't work like that.

Assuming a player will go #1 or 1st rd if they come out early vs staying. Didn't hurt Luck or the Mannings
Hack couldn't come out early due to the 3 yr rule. He would've been better off sitting out his soph season and entering the draft. Probably wouldn't have gone 1-1, I dont know what that next yrs draft class looked like, but he would have made millions.

You're the only person who follows the nfl who thinks Watson is slightly above average and isn't a smart football player. Nobody, I mean nobody has ever said that except you. There isn't any play in the field that suggest that either. You don't have that high of a td to int ratio ,yards, and accuracy being a dumb qb. It doesn't work like that.

Did you see him play last yr, without BOB might I add?

Who expected him to play well after being off for the duration he was?
Who expects him to be a top 10 QB next year is the real question, since the Texans 1st rd pick next year will be the Browns pick?

What do you think the Browns record will be?

Lol.

Hannah is going to read this, and hang that picture up in her office.

😆 🤣 I agree with you!! I think she was hand cuffed by situations like Easterby doing more than what his title indicated. And saw with the way Cal was at last listing to fans about what we needed (as fans as well) over what he liked...she came alive as a second voicemail of reason. Which also is helping keep Cal in check. She no question was in his ear and Nick Caserios about what was best going forward. And with a proper HC search and then helping spread the word of what would be going on. Fans heard it and got excited. Then Ryans was hired making more of the fan base see, if nothing else, they are trying to rebuild the team and it's connect with fans.

And while she is not a coach, she understands the game. She understands what the fans want and need. And don't let her looks fool you. She is pretty good with Xs and Os and what players are needed to improve that area of the team.

😆 🤣 I agree with you!! I think she was hand cuffed by situations like Easterby doing more than what his title indicated. And saw with the way Cal was at last listing to fans about what we needed (as fans as well) over what he liked...she came alive as a second voicemail of reason. Which also is helping keep Cal in check. She no question was in his ear and Nick Caserios about what was best going forward. And with a proper HC search and then helping spread the word of what would be going on. Fans heard it and got excited. Then Ryans was hired making more of the fan base see, if nothing else, they are trying to rebuild the team and it's connect with fans.

And while she is not a coach, she understands the game. She understands what the fans want and need. And don't let her looks fool you. She is pretty good with Xs and Os and what players are needed to improve that area of the team.
Marketing 101. Do what the media, fans want. Yeah, this is going to turn out well.

Who expects him to be a top 10 QB next year is the real question, since the Texans 1st rd pick next year will be the Browns pick?

What do you think the Browns record will be?
When I do record predictions, I go through every team and games. I know some people will say this team will win 10 games or this team 10 games, but it doesn't balance out with the schedule. Charger,Chiefs,Broncos,Bills,Jets,Dolphins,Browns,Bengals,Ravens,Steelers, and Jaguars can't all win 10 games, the math doesn't add up. Last year I said the Browns would go 3-3 or 4-2 upon Watson return and thought they would be 7-10 or 8-9. I think they're going to be in the mix for the division. So thats going to be 9-10 wins imo. I think Cincy won the division in a down year per se with a rookie qb, Watson being out and Jackson being injured.

When I do record predictions, I go through every team and games. I know some people will say this team will win 10 games or this team 10 games, but it doesn't balance out with the schedule. Charger,Chiefs,Broncos,Bills,Jets,Dolphins,Browns,Bengals,Ravens,Steelers, and Jaguars can't all win 10 games, the math doesn't add up. Last year I said the Browns would go 3-3 or 4-2 upon Watson return and thought they would be 7-10 or 8-9. I think they're going to be in the mix for the division. So thats going to be 9-10 wins imo. I think Cincy won the division in a down year per se with a rookie qb, Watson being out and Jackson being injured.

Hope you're wrong about Derrick. Of course we have very different opinions of Derrick. Looking at the schedule I still think the Texans should win 10 games.

Injuries will play a large part in how your post plays out. Personally I still hope Derrick breaks his freaking neck.

Change the title of this thread to, “The Rise From Hannah”. Nude Hannah life size cut-out in the locker room and 17 puzzle pieces strategically placed. Each victory permits the player of the game (win) to go up and remove a piece. Wait, didn’t the happen in the movie, “Major League”? If it motivated the players in the movie…..then it would probably motivate the boys in the Texans locker room.

Ahead of the "fastest two minutes in sports," event chair Hannah McNair delivered a poignant, 240-second speech recounting how Bo's Place, a non-profit which provides support and community to those who have experienced the death of a loved one, helped lift her family during a tough time.

After being displaced by Hurricane Harvey, Hannah, her husband Cal McNair and their children, mourned the loss of a newborn, Jackson, last October.

I didn’t know Cal and Janice lost a child in October 2017.

They then lost Bob McNair the following year.

Change the title of this thread to, “The Rise From Hannah”. Nude Hannah life size cut-out in the locker room and 17 puzzle pieces strategically placed. Each victory permits the player of the game (win) to go up and remove a piece. Wait, didn’t the happen in the movie, “Major League”? If it motivated the players in the movie…..then it would probably motivate the boys in the Texans locker room.
Let's keep the thread PG13, ok. Or I'll have to post life size Cal nudies.

Let's keep the thread PG13, ok. Or I'll have to post life size Cal nudies.
Not a bad idea.. put a life size nude cut out of Cal in the locker room and for every loss the team is punished by having to remove a cover 🧩.. Don't know what would motivate the team more.. seeing Hannah nude or sparing themselves from the traumatic experience of seeing Cal nude 🤔

Momma Mc still in charge:

Houston Texans senior chair and principal owner Janice McNair is still very much a part of the team despite Cal McNair being more well known.

Nothing like having 2 women running the team you root for.

1. A 90 yr old woman, she makes all of the final calls.
2. A Gold Digging woman with a marketing background.

What could ever go wrong? Maybe now some will realize what's been wrong with the Texans org since Bob passed away.

Why are we starting a "Janice is still in charge" narrative?.. because a article says she was at a O.T.A practice and sat in the draft room? That doesn't mean anything. My 86 yo grandma was at our family reunion last month, but she wasn't running ****.. she was just there.

Last edited:
Why are we starting a "Janice is still in charge" narrative?.. because a article say she was at a O.T.A practice and sat in the draft room? That doesn't mean anything. My 86 yo grandma was at our family reunion last month, but she wasn't running ****.. she was just there.

Did your grandmother own a billion dollar franchise? Janice owns one.

Did your grandmother own a billion dollar franchise? Janice owns one.

Nope, she actually started her own home health care agency that she sold to Oddesy for multi-millions, but the point still remains. She's 86 years old, she's not in charge of day to day operations of anything these days. I mean I guess she's qualified to be POTUS these days..

Last edited:
Nope, she actually owned her own home health care business that she sold to Oddesy for multi-millions, but the point still remains. She's 86 years old, she's not in charge of day to day operations of anything these days. I mean I guess she's qualified to be POTUS these days..
But she still makes all of the major calls.

Why are we starting a "Janice is still in charge" narrative?.. because a article say she was at a O.T.A practice and sat in the draft room? That doesn't mean anything. My 86 yo grandma was at our family reunion last month, but she wasn't running ****.. she was just there.
I wasn't starting a narrative as this board has already had that conversation. I don’t agree with you do moving on.

This thread is getting a little religion. Actually kinda talking about somewhere in the range of hannah. Mods have no grounds ever of whacking posters for getting off topic. NO GROUNDS.

The internet is crazy isn’t it?

You got an article that the write defines “active role” as someone watching preseason games and is in the draft room, but didn’t say anything that would make someone think Janice is in charge. Then someone says Janice is still in charge and and then other people take it as she is making ALL FINAL decisions.

Crazy.

The internet is crazy isn’t it?

You got an article that the write defines “active role” as someone watching preseason games and is in the draft room, but didn’t say anything that would make someone think Janice is in charge. Then someone says Janice is still in charge and and then other people take it as she is making ALL FINAL decisions.

Crazy.
It certainly lets you know who people are and their level of class/common sense.

Nothing like having 2 women running the team you root for.

1. A 90 yr old woman, she makes all of the final calls.
2. A Gold Digging woman with a marketing background.

What could ever go wrong? Maybe now some will realize what's been wrong with the Texans org since Bob passed away.

LANE A: McNair's and Hannah

LANE B: Caserio and Ryans

It appears that LANE A has conceded that LANE B is better suited to handle the actual football operations. As long as LANE B can deliver, LANE A will stay in their lane and revel in the success LANE B and the TEAM are providing them. As for the BS that may be happening or could be happening in LANE A......fine, that's a soap opera I could give two shites about.

Last edited:
LANE A: McNair's and Hannah

LANE B: Caserio and Ryans

It appears that LANE A has conceded that LANE B is better suited to handle the actual football operations. As long as LANE B can deliver, LANE A will stay in their lane and revel in the success LANE B and the TEAM are providing them. As for the BS that may be happening or could be happening in LANE A......fine, that's a soap opera I could give two shites about.
Except Lane A isn't staying in Lane A. This is s why I say nothing has changed. Refer to post 112 in this thread..

Last edited:
Except Lane A isn't staying in Lane A. This is s why I say nothing has changed. Refer to post 112 in this thread..

IMHO…..the lanes became very defined this season. McNair’s are in theirs and Caserio may have told the McNair’s he’d be stepping down if he wasn’t the one making the football decisions. Ryans may have made the same request before signing on the dotted line.

IMHO…..the lanes became very defined this season. McNair’s are in theirs and Caserio may have told the McNair’s he’d be stepping down if he wasn’t the one making the football decisions. Ryans may have made the same request before signing on the dotted line.
Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Mine is nothing has really changed doyon Kirby and yes, they will win a few more games next season, which should keep the I want to be entertained crowd that the McNair's have always counted on happy. You know the fans that are there for the beer and BBQ gameday experience.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Mine is nothing has really changed doyon Kirby and yes, they will win a few more games next season, which should keep the I want to be entertained crowd that the McNair's have always counted on happy. You know the fans that are there for the beer and BBQ gameday experience.

Aaahhhh yes….opinions. Well good luck with the glass half empty outlook. I’m going to stay with the glass half full outlook.

Back