Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Ok lets see what Philadelphia have done so far.

1) Nnamdi Asomugha
2) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
3) Jason Babin
4) Johnnie Lee Higgins
5) Donald Lee
6) Vince Young
7) Hunter Pence ( I know )

I'm thriled with our offseason but looking at that list, I don't know what to say, the new Redskins maybe.

I'd say more like the new Patriots. The Eagles have been one of the best teams every off season for years now as far as improving their team in the off season. I've been saying that for several years now. It's a reason why I'm always giving Reid props.

Oh without a doubt. But, I think i heard at some point several months ago he wanted to play for a perennial contender and wanted to play on the East Coast.
Anyone think Aso should be on the chalk board before each game saying he didn't think Texans were a winning team?

I'd say more like the new Patriots. The Eagles have been one of the best teams every off season for years now as far as improving their team in the off season. I've been saying that for several years now. It's a reason why I'm always giving Reid props.

I'll bet the Eagles would be willing to make a trade to unload Asante Samuel now with aquiring both Nnamdi & Rodgers-Cromartie?

I'll bet the Eagles would be willing to make a trade to unload Asante Samuel now with aquiring both Nnamdi & Rodgers-Cromartie?

I heard that they were not but I think they are just trying to put out that it's going to take a lot to get him and that they are not just going to give him up.

I can't see DRC or Asante thrilled at playing nickle, plus they are going to have to deal with the Desean jackson situation.

Knowing we have a chance @ Fuller in April what would you give for Samuel? I think a late first would be worth it.

I heard that they were not but I think they are just trying to put out that it's going to take a lot to get him and that they are not just going to give him up.

I can't see DRC or Asante thrilled at playing nickle, plus they are going to have to deal with the Desean jackson situation.

yes sir, that's the way I see it too. it will present an opportunity for some team to help their secondary as well.

Knowing we have a chance @ Fuller in April what would you give for Samuel? I think a late first would be worth it.

Could you imagine the Texans going from Kareem Jackson & Brice McCain to Asante Samuel & Johnathan Joseph? Be still my beating heart :heart: still Andy Reed would extract some value in return like a package of Jacoby & Connor Barwin or worse yet a draft pick :eek:

I don't see them trading Asante. Dude is a balled and makes more plays than aso does.

If they are going to trade someone it's going to be doc cromartie.

If it were me, I'd just ask one of them to play safety.

The next step for the Eagles is LB. Especilly MLB. So is they move Samuel or DRC it will be for a name MLB. Something along the lines of Willis from the 49's or your guy one for one.

If the niners give up Willis for Asante that would be stupid.

What do you think the 49ers expectations should be for this year?

Do you think Asante would give them an advantage in achieving that goal that Willis wouldn't?

Is that division stacked with QBs? or RBs?

They better hope Vick doesn't go down during the season.

If he did, KEYE start showing Philly games the next week.

He probably saw his window of opportunity closing down as teams withdrew from the bidding war. The Eagles were a rumored landing spot weeks ago I do believe.

From the article:
He said he spurned more money elsewhere because he believed the Eagles gave him the best chance to win a Super Bowl.

"Spurned" may be used as some sort of journalistic flair here, nevertheless I am glad Smith pulled the trigger on the J.Joseph & Manning instead of waiting.

Cowboys fans have to be looking at their chances to win the NFC East, and not liking the odds on it.

Which is just delicious.

God put Nnamdi in the absolute best place he could have: Out of the AFC, definitely out of the AFC South, and into the NFC East where he can help the Eagles torture Tony Romo for the next several years.

So delicious....

Cowboys fans have to be looking at their chances to win the NFC East, and not liking the odds on it.

Which is just delicious.

God put Nnamdi in the absolute best place he could have: Out of the AFC, definitely out of the AFC South, and into the NFC East where he can help the Eagles torture Tony Romo for the next several years.

So delicious....

I'm not worried as much about the Eagles getting Aso as much as the Cowboys not addressing needs. We are still sitting here and they are still looking safety and DE...needs from the start. The Eagles have always been tough but if Dallas runs effectively..their issue the last few years...then Aso won't be as much of a factor. Every year the NFC East seems to have a heavy fave and every year it is turned upside down so it will be interesting. I'm more interested in how garrett does overall.

Flashed across the tv screen yesterday.

Eagles need him to restructure his contract or they will have to release him.

Back