Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Fans

That was the first game I got to go to this year. We go to a game or 2 every year. Reliant was friggin rocking! My son loved it. Best Texan game atmosphere wise I have been to. We plan on coming back for the 1st playoff game ever at Reliant. Thanks to Double Deuce in the blue lot for the hospitality.

You guys rocked! I have never been prouder of Houston football fans than I was yesterday. Y'all were truly a 12th man for our D, and did a fantastic job of giving us a real homefield advantage!

Love all of y'all!! :texflag: :fans:

Damn Darryl, I brought my Nancy voice yesterday!! I'm a loser!!

:facepalm: Bill!

BTW, I won't be taking any phone calls for another day or so. :D

As an aside, for those that don't know what the pain of Plantar Fasciitis feels like, spend 3+ hours on your feet driving one of your heels into the metal bleachers as hard as you can, relentlessly... There ya go! I've had to walk on the ball of my right foot all day.

In my opinion it was the best the crowd has ever performed its duties - in early, smart and timely with its collective volume, and many stuck it out to the last whistle.

It is a symbiotic relationship between the production on the field and the level of noise generated - for the first time ever both parties were in tune, meeting the demand of the situation due to the carrot that is ours for the taking.

Receiving that playoff ticket notice has around 50k fans vested into bringing the noise for the remaining home games.

Up your butt Jobu, Texans coming through.

In my opinion it was the best the crowd has ever performed its duties - in early, smart and timely with its collective volume, and many stuck it out to the last whistle.

It is a symbiotic relationship between the production on the field and the level of noise generated - for the first time ever both parties were in tune, meeting the demand of the situation due to the carrot that is ours for the taking.

Receiving that playoff ticket notice has around 50k fans vested into bringing the noise for the remaining home games.

It was so much fun.

As loud as it was, I think we could get louder on defense, quieter on offense. We need to will this to happen.

That was such a close game. A play here/there meant everything. We made a difference. I think the fans are starting to realize their power. It also helps having a defense that doesn't disappoint you every set of downs.

One of the loudest games I remember was the awful-boring Texans-Titans game that didn't get interesting until the unreal, bizarre Rosenfelian comeback that alas was lost at the end.

It was a bunch of seats and some the rest were diehards of the most diehard sort. And in that 4th quarter, we got loud. And it illustrated how many fans in the stadium are sort of like potted plants.

There were still some potted plants on Sunday, but not nearly as many. I think reducing that comes from learning--Colts fans are pretty good at this because they've been rewarded over the years for being into things.

/as a side note, interesting that the 49ers players were complaining about their fans doing the wave during the end of a blowout win.

I called the 12th man in another thread. How can the fans NOT be a aprt of this success?

It was so much fun.

As loud as it was, I think we could get louder on defense, quieter on offense. We need to will this to happen.

That was such a close game. A play here/there meant everything. We made a difference. I think the fans are starting to realize their power. It also helps having a defense that doesn't disappoint you every set of downs.

One of the loudest games I remember was the awful-boring Texans-Titans game that didn't get interesting until the unreal, bizarre Rosenfelian comeback that alas was lost at the end.

It was a bunch of seats and some the rest were diehards of the most diehard sort. And in that 4th quarter, we got loud. And it illustrated how many fans in the stadium are sort of like potted plants.

There were still some potted plants on Sunday, but not nearly as many. I think reducing that comes from learning--Colts fans are pretty good at this because they've been rewarded over the years for being into things.

/as a side note, interesting that the 49ers players were complaining about their fans doing the wave during the end of a blowout win.

While I have the utmost love and respect for all of our years hanging out here, there was no louder, no more electric stadium environment than that innaugural game 9/8/2002...

That game was abuzz from "jump"!

While I have the utmost love and respect for all of our years hanging out here, there was no louder, no more electric stadium environment than that innaugural game 9/8/2002...

It was electric, and it was most likely louder for a longer term due to the pent up energy Houston fans needed to release. Yesterday's game had that extra charge to it, when the situation demanded, and felt that the crowd kept the decibels rising. But then again Clay Walker did not open up the game. ;-)

We know Bill...you've mentioned it, like, three freakin' times already. It was the first game, of course it was going to be loud.

But this LAST game...in the grand scheme of things, meant so much more. This was an important game, in an important season. Don't begrudge people their joy.

We know Bill...you've mentioned it, like, three freakin' times already. It was the first game, of course it was going to be loud.

But this LAST game...in the grand scheme of things, meant so much more. This was an important game, in an important season. Don't begrudge people their joy.

Abso-freaking-lutely! I totally agree and I don't begrudge anyone for being a fan!

I'll let all the begrudging take place in the other thread about the Rage Against the Machine song Bulls on Parade.

Remember that Saints fan that said Reliant is filled with nothing but business suits and golf claps
That was me. I am happy to hear yall are kicking in. Your team deserves it. They're all guts. And actually, I found out there are a lot of die-hard Texan fans. They showed up at the Superdome earlier this season, and were quite impressive. I got some crow in my gumbo now.
...I remember when NO became a solid team the last couple of years it seems like the Superdome increase by about 10 decibels. Success seems to help even the most die hard fans!!!
Actually, we were loud when the Saints sucked too. Ask Joe Montana, John Elway, or Troy Aikman. Old Tulane Stadium had aluminum bleachers, and the old guys from the Archie Manning era were notoriously crazy also.
Those of you who are too young to know about Houston and The Astrodome, you have no idea how loud a Houston crowd can get at a football game. This was nostalgic to me today!!!!
This is where I messed up. The Astrodome was my gauge, when I went to Reliant, and it wasnt realistic for me to expect an Astrodome caliber crowd.

Oiler fans were seasoned and hardened by years of losing, and losing to the same teams. So they werent just excited, they were enraged. Also, tickets, beer, everything was cheaper, so you had a more blue-collar crowd, so of course it was rowdier.

You have yet to hate the Colts and Titans the way Oiler fans hated the Steelers and Bengals. You already know about the nastiness with Pittsburgh. Well the Bengals bullied Houston for years, plus Cincinnati's Reds and the Astros came to blows every summer, and the Browns were the dirtiest team, with the nastiest fans in football. It wasnt hard to hate the Raiders or Dolphins either. Almost nobody will ever measure up to the Oilers mania, especially during both the Bum and Moon eras. But it sounds like you're on your way.

Yall keep pushing those suits and "clients" into the luxury boxes. Raise hell about prices of stuff, and keep the real fans in the seats. When everybody in Pasadena has a Toro logo on their truck, you know you have arrived.

Good luck, yall.

I remember during the 4th quarter looking up to the 600's and the people up there were on their feet, waving towels, and screaming just everyone else was. It was amazing to see the ENTIRE stadium on their feet for a majority of the game.

I also finally had a chance to re-watch the game on my DVR, and boy was I impressed with the sound. A few times you couldn't even here the FOX announcers, and they have microphones right up to their mouth.

Great job on a team effort in regards to the fans. We all made a difference on Sunday.

When Albert had to raise his voice, I knew it was loud. Gus Johnson just raises his voice but Albert having to scream was priceless.

I remember during the 4th quarter looking up to the 600's and the people up there were on their feet, waving towels, and screaming just everyone else was. It was amazing to see the ENTIRE stadium on their feet for a majority of the game.
:foottap:

I was trying to get the wave going but no one wanted to sit down.

Last night on Inside the NFL, they actually talked about how good the crowd was last Sunday. Had to have been a great crowd to get mention from those guys.

The atmosphere at the game the other day reminded me that I saw a home team get penalized a couple of years ago for their fans being too loud. Did a little research, and it's in the NFL Rule Book.

Loss of team time out(s) or five-yard penalty on the defense for excessive crowd noise.

Like I said, it's been a couple of years since I've seen it called. Are they just not calling it anymore?

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

The atmosphere at the game the other day reminded me that I saw a home team get penalized a couple of years ago for their fans being too loud. Did a little research, and it's in the NFL Rule Book.

Like I said, it's been a couple of years since I've seen it called. Are they just not calling it anymore?

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries
That was an
old rule from the late 80s, and a stupid one. It lasted about a year, before it was laughed out of the book. It was pretty cool to see it,* actually, and the Astrodome crowd got it often. "The Dome Rule." It was called Inaudible, and
the offense could simply turn to the referee, and say it was too loud, so the
ref would announce to the crowd that they were too loud, and give a warning.

*so invariably, the crowd would then get several decibels LOUDER, and after a 5-yard penalty or two, the place would just get off the charts. The rule actually
made dome crowds rowdier, and the NFL just dumped it after a year.

Back