Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries, a hurricane, too many road games in a row, referees, a schedule that is "too tough"...

For years, a large part of the fan base of this team has been spinning excuses into reasons why this team underperforms. This team has had one or two years when they've played to their potential. This year is so bad the cold reality is finally impossible to ignore. It is a team without leadership that doesn't know how to win big, or now even meaningless, games.

What are the 2 constants?

Rick/Gary, they need to go.

Peter King lamenting Kubiak could get fired today:

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 4m

I'm pretty sure Gary Kubiak won't survive the season as Houston coach. He may not even survive the day.

RT @VinnieCardona: Not sure what you mean by that ... I mean he might get fired today.

Now McClain is in on the act:

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m

Almost every media outlet N Hou has been saying for 3 weeks Kubiak would B fired after the season. We're waiting 2 C see if it happens 2day.

I kind of get the feeling Bob is worried about Gary , Joe , and Rick's Christmas if they get fired . He's already put coal in our stockings so what's the hurry ? :clown:

and now this....

I expect Gary Kubiak will be fired today as the coach of the Texans.

the 3o'clock presser has been moved up to 11am. I think it may be going down.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ng-class-of-2006-still-trying-to-find-its-way

Let's check the scoreboard for the class of 06 .

Rod Marinelli Lions 10-25 0-3
Scott Linehan Rams 11-24 0-3
Herm Edwards Chiefs 13-22 0-3
Brad Childress Vikings 15-20 1-2
Gary Kubiak Texans 14-20 0-2
Eric Mangini Jets 15-20 1-2
Dick Jauron Bills 17-18 3-0
Sean Payton Saints 18-17 1-2
Mike McCarthy Packers 23-12 2-1
Art Shell Raiders 2-14 --

the 3o'clock presser has been moved up to 11am. I think it may be going down.

the reason given is everyone is getting 3 days off so they're going early.

The Press Conference:

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 2m

Watch head coach Gary Kubiak meet with the media live at 11 a.m. CT. VIDEO: http://bit.ly/1iGTcTR

Our season in one picture

BaxGfOpIYAEg-JW.jpg:large

A friend posted this on facebook

"23 1st downs to Jax 18;
80 plays to jax 57
406 yards to jax 281
TOP 35:22 to jax 24:38
Doing all that work and STILL lost the game...."

My response...

We had 177 yards of penalties to Jacksonville's 57. That's totally undisciplined. We probably do need a new coach. IMO Swearinger should have been benched when he got that tauting penalty, because he hurt the team the most.

I just want to say that I appreciate what Kubiak did as a HC. He will always be the HC that got this franchise to the playoffs for the 1st time in this organization's history.

Good guy and decent OC that hit his ceiling as a HC.

I wish him well

Sounds like things have been working in the background

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
Texans HC search is underway and team owner Bob McNair said some of candidates are working with teams.

Kubiak deserved to be fired, but I'm surprised it happened before the end of the season. I do wish it had worked out with Kubiak because I believe he is a good man and as a Houstonian I wanted him to succeed. I wish him all the best going forward.

Well at least I can watch the games again.

With Wade as interim? It saddens me just thinking about it.

McNair doing all the talking and choosing Keenum as the starter from here on out proves the fact Smith is nothing but a puppet. Looking very Jerry Jones-like right now

McNair doing all the talking and choosing Keenum as the starter from here on out proves the fact Smith is nothing but a puppet. Looking very Jerry Jones-like right now

I think all owners at some point step in and say what they want to see roster wise.

Not all owners are like jerry where they make almost ALL roster decisions.

McNair mentioned doing things for the future of the franchise and that's what I wanted to hear. It's what I wanted to see. And apparently it's what McNair wanted to see too.

Also, I don't believe kubiak was being fair to case. Not saying case didn't mess up all on his own, but I'll just leave it there. I don't believe keeping kubiak was good for this team in any aspect.

They were becoming a full fledged freak show.

And yes I still want to see case play. Putting Schaub back in there was dumb the first time and even dumber the second time. What did Schaub do? Throw a brain dead pick.

At least play the player with upside.

I feel good right now knowing that the future is being looked towards. Hopefully the turtle pace is over and McNair makes more moves that reflect his newly found nuts.

As one of the Kubiak supporters in the past, I knew it was time for the team to move on without him.

Good luck Gary. You seem like a great guy. I hope you prove that you have what it takes to be a HC or OC (NFL or College) wherever you end up. Take it easy on the Texans if you face them.

Only three games left to watch this season. I'm sure we can all stomach another three more losses to the Colts, Broncos and Titans. Let's wrap up the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft with some class.

Whelp. He's finally done for. Some good times, some bad times. Better than Capers, but just not good enough. A good man. Hopefully he learns from this and does a Bellichick on his next go around...just not in our division and conference.

Only three games left to watch this season. I'm sure we can all stomach another three more losses to the Colts, Broncos and Titans. Let's wrap up the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft with some class.

Nah, I want to win. I doubt we will, but I won't be a 'tank for Teddy' or whatever the dadgum saying is these days. We'll get a top 5 draft pick no matter what.

*Disclaimer: No, I do not want Teddy either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back