Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn't. I thought they were a contender to make it thru the divisional round.

I don't think that him being at the combine in person would have made any difference however

Fair enough

I feel it would or possibly could have seeing as how the bottom fell out. We will never know though. Good to have you back posting again.

I dont keep up with other teams. Do you?

Some and so do you. Even just watching Texans games you see the universal attitude with commentators and fans saying stuff about yay, 1st winning season for opposing teams. It is always mentioned as a positive event. Plus even a modicum of common sense tells you that every single team of any sport with such an event will laud it.

Watching the Seahawks' well-oiled offensive machine tonight, the No. 1 target of the Texans' management should be Seattle OC Darrell Bevell.

The way they use Russell Wilson is brilliant. Kubiak should be frantically taking notes....Except that he won't be with the Texans next year.

So go hire the guy who understands how to get the most out of a short, mobile QB.

Watching the Seahawks' well-oiled offensive machine tonight, the No. 1 target of the Texans' management should be Seattle OC Darrell Bevell.

The way they use Russell Wilson is brilliant. Kubiak should be frantically taking notes....Except that he won't be with the Texans next year.

So go hire the guy who understands how to get the most out of a short, mobile QB.

Keenum is not close to the same kind of athlete as Wilson. 4.5 v. 4.8 is a world of difference.

I'm watching that game as well. That Seahawk offense is a well oiled machine tonight and Wilson is doing a great job.

Keenum is not close to the same kind of athlete as Wilson. 4.5 v. 4.8 is a world of difference.

I don't think that matters much. Keenum has plenty of talent for a smart coach to work with.

The main point is the Bevell and the Seahawks have a much better grasp of what it takes to move the ball in today's NFL than does the Texans' staff.

I don't think that matters much. Keenum has plenty of talent for a smart coach to work with.

The main point is the Bevell and the Seahawks have a much better grasp of what it takes to move the ball in today's NFL than does the Texans' staff.

Of course who's the QB makes a difference when much of their moving the ball is based on his running.

Seahawks with Bevel - yds 28, 17, 12 pts 23, 9, 2
Texans - yds 13, 7, 10 pts 10, 8, 29

There is only one time in one category in Bevel's tenure where the Seahawks have beat the Texans. That's with the Texans 53 yds rushing by QBs the last two years and Wilson rushing for 898 yds.

Bevell is a good choice for consideration but not for the reasons you are stating. For example, a good one would be the transition should not be tough in overall philosophy because he employs a WCO with with quite a bit of stretch plays.

Has anyone else noticed that Kubiak will be fired after his 8th year, after averaging an 8-8 record with a quarterback wearing number 8? He was drafted in the 8th round in 1983...born in August...

Aliens...or Mayans...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Has anyone else noticed that Kubiak will be fired after his 8th year, after averaging an 8-8 record with a quarterback wearing number 8? He was drafted in the 8th round in 1983...born in August...

Aliens...or Mayans...

That's just greight.

As much as I think we need a coaching staff change, it wouldn't surprise me at all if McNair chose to ride with Kubiak. McNair's loyalty is his strength, but also his biggest weakness (if that makes any sense). There are also many excuses that he could use for reason to retain him.

Let us pray it doesn't happen.

*Just a random thought

Aliens...or Mayans...

Signed off on another 8 QB and the only other significant QB while Kubiak was here was #1...8. Coincidence?
images

His sons are Klint, Klay, and Klein. Not saying anything. But if this was Sesame Street this programming would have been brought to you by the letter K and the number 8...

His sons are Klint, Klay, and Klein. Not saying anything. But if this was Sesame Street this programming would have been brought to you by the letter K and the number 8...

Hmmmm. The letter K is the 8th consonant in the English alphabet.

Of course who's the QB makes a difference when much of their moving the ball is based on his running...

You make it sound like Keenum is devoid of talent and couldn't be successful in the Seahawks' type of offense.

My point is that Keenum has plenty of talent. And a guy like Bevell could get the most of it - and probably out of any QB the Texans draft.

They were talking about this on 610 today. Seth Payne astutely noted that, if Keenum were running the Seahawks offense, he'd be much more productive than he has been with the Texans so far. That's because of Bevell's feel for the QB position, and offense in general.

Apparently Carroll knows it's just a matter of time before Bevell gets a HC job:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24524448/darrell-bevell-minnesota-vikings-loss-is-seahawks-gain

I think it would be foolish NOT to clean house.

Maybe so, but I have a feeling that McNair might be trying to prepare the fanbase for a letdown. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I guess I won't know until I see the article.

Does anyone subscribe to the Chronicle? If so, can you tell us what's in McClain's article today?

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-house-cleaning-would-be-foolish-5032987.php

Pretty good chance that this was fed to him by the front office.

Then he completely flipped flopped from his chat yesterday. He was adamant that Kubiak was gone but Smith would be retained.

There is absolutely no way McNair can keep Kubiak. NONE! He has to know the fans would absolutely turn on him and this team

Does anyone subscribe to the Chronicle? If so, can you tell us what's in McClain's article today?

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-house-cleaning-would-be-foolish-5032987.php

Pretty good chance that this was fed to him by the front office.

Got it. And I still think this is front office spin. Don't shoot the messenger.

It's stunning how many fans and members of the media want Texans owner Bob McNair to blow up his front office by firing coach Gary Kubiak and general manager Rick Smith after one atrocious season.

A front-office house cleaning would sweep out the coaches and most of the personnel department because a new general manager and coach would want to bring in their people.

And that would mean a cleansing of the roster, too, after what could be a 2-14 season that ends with a 14-game losing streak.

In other words, a total rebuilding job for the Texans - the same thing that happened in 2006 when Kubiak replaced Dom Capers and the Texans improved from 2-14 to 6-10.

The Texans' predicament is a franchise first. It's hard to lose 10 consecutive games with the parity that exists in the NFL.

"It doesn't matter whether you're 10-2 or 2-10, nothing's changed other than it's very difficult to work through the situation," Kubiak said. "As a coach and as a player, you wouldn't be in this business if you haven't worked through these things before or you don't have the belief that you're going to work through this.

"If you're going to stick around our business, you'll probably get a chance at both ends of the stick. So find out what you're made of. This is a very difficult time, but guys are pushing themselves as best they can. At the end of the day, though, you don't get to smile and hand everybody a ball and say, 'Boy, that was a great effort.' "

The Texans continue to play hard, but they make mistakes, mental and physical, that losers make - penalties at the worst time, dropped passes and turnovers.

When a team loses as much as the Texans have, change is inevitable. But what kind of owner fires his general manager and coach one bad season after they won back-to-back AFC South titles and a playoff game each year?

A foolish one.

And McNair is no fool.

McNair will have to make some difficult decisions. Once he lets everyone know what his plans are, the Texans will have to make a decision that will affect the franchise for probably a decade.

Continuity is key at QB

Through 12 games this season, there are 13 teams with winning records. Twelve of them have something common: healthy quarterbacks.

The only team with a winning record that's been forced to change starting quarterbacks is Philadelphia. Michael Vick's injury gave Austin native Nick Foles an opportunity in his second season, and he's been exceptional with 19 touchdown passes, no interceptions and a four-game winning streak.

So the common theme among winners is stability at quarterback. If you don't believe it, ask the Packers and Bears.

Barring injury, Case Keenum will have 10 games to audition for the Texans' starting quarterback job next season. They're 0-6 in his starts, but they've lost by 3.6 points a game.

Keenum needs Kubiak

Keenum's best chance to be the starter next season would be if Kubiak were retained. A new coach would insist on drafting a quarterback, probably in the first round depending on how the prospects are rated when the scouting process is finished.

Interestingly, when Kubiak has been on the sideline - not in the press box or having to watch the Arizona game at home - Keenum is 39-of-72 for 751 yards and four touchdowns, with one interception and a 103.4 rating.

Without Kubiak on the sideline, Keenum is 64-of-118 for 682 yards and four touchdowns, with two interceptions and a 75.6 rating.

Whatever decision the Texans make on their quarterback for 2014 and beyond must be the correct one.

If they decide they want to draft a quarterback - and don't expect them to sign a high-priced veteran - expect them to use a high pick. It's way too early to tell who that quarterback will be if they do indeed take that route.

Yeah saw that... I think he's trying to play both sides.
1.) to say "I told you so" whichever way they go.
2.) maintain his good relations with the FO for the little scraps he gets now.

What got me was
When a team loses as much as the Texans have, change is inevitable. But what kind of owner fires his general manager and coach one bad season after they won back-to-back AFC South titles and a playoff game each year?

A foolish one.

And McNair is no fool.

How about what kind of owner stays put with mediocracy over 8 years, including a few years of chitting the bed? Answer that one Johnny Mac.

McClain is an idiot and so is Mcnair if he keeps Gary. Nothing else more to say.

The fact these idiots still think it takes multiple seasons to "rebuild" is mind blowing.

If we loose this game Kubiak has to be out of here once the season is over and we will be the favorite to pick first. Would probably mean a new QB as well, probably Teddy Bridgewater. This game looks like the Bridgewater Bowl to me.

McClain is an idiot and so is Mcnair if he keeps Gary. Nothing else more to say.

The fact these idiots still think it takes multiple seasons to "rebuild" is mind blowing.

Yeh he keeps bringing up all the injuries too. Rediculous!!!!

Is there a bigger Kubiak supporter on this message board than I?

Well, as much as I like the guy, here is what I think should happen:

He should be fired the day after the season ends. This is an absolutely pitiful display and now it appears he has lost the team. Not only that, but even the small improvements with game/time management I have seen from him over the past few years have evaporated... He continues to blow timeouts and mismanage the clock in the 4th quarter consistently in ways that should be embarrassing for a high school football coach. Wow! Ugly, Ugly, Ugly!!

He has a horrible habit of using a timeout before "big" plays late in the game. He should have been thinking ahead of what to do. You should know in advance that you are in 4 down territory and have plays ready to go.

He has a horrible habit of using a timeout before "big" plays late in the game. He should have been thinking ahead of what to do. You should know in advance that you are in 4 down territory and have plays ready to go.

Or, at minimum, call the timeout before allowing 30 seconds to run off the clock! Painful.

Is there a bigger Kubiak supporter on this message board than I?

Well, as much as I like the guy, here is what I think should happen:

He should be fired the day after the season ends. This is an absolutely pitiful display and now it appears he has lost the team. Not only that, but even the small improvements with game/time management I have seen from him over the past few years have evaporated... He continues to blow timeouts and mismanage the clock in the 4th quarter consistently in ways that should be embarrassing for a high school football coach. Wow! Ugly, Ugly, Ugly!!

Never thought I would see the day this post would happen.

Maybe time management problems were a result of the minor stroke.

Nah, this stuff has been going on for yrs.

I haven't watched the game yet, I was at a Christmas party last night. But it sound like in the post game that most of Andre's yards came from Schaub.

If so, I'll accept putting Schaub in to get AJ to 100 / 1500.

Yeh he keeps bringing up all the injuries too. Rediculous!!!!

Injuries, a hurricane, too many road games in a row, referees, a schedule that is "too tough"...

For years, a large part of the fan base of this team has been spinning excuses into reasons why this team underperforms. This team has had one or two years when they've played to their potential. This year is so bad the cold reality is finally impossible to ignore. It is a team without leadership that doesn't know how to win big, or now even meaningless, games.

If kubiak isn't fired today or sometime before this next game I'm not watching anymore.

I'm done.

If kubiak isn't fired today or sometime before this next game I'm not watching anymore.

I'm done.

He won't be. What good does firing Kubiak now do? I want him gone as much as anyone, but let him keep coaching to ensure we get the #1 pick.

The fact that idiot Kubes left "Swag Boi Jungle Moron" or whatever Swearinger calls himself in the game after the mental breakdown he displayed only solidifies that Kubiak is a garbage, pathetic, moronic, pu$$y head coach and HAS to go. I truly am starting to dislike Kubes as a person and am almost to the point where I wish him to not have a pleasant day.

I'm done.

The past several games leading up to last night I've watched for entertainment value (or lack thereof) only. For some reason or another I began getting red hot pissed in the 1st half last night. I wanted everybody whacked on the spot. All the time and effort we put into this team year round. Studying the draft and free agency. Going to training camp, hoping this will be the group that gets us to the show. Only to be kicked in the man-bag and sent home. Frustrating!!

That said, I simmered down shortly after that and remembered it wouldn't do any good whackin him right now. Plus, I don't want there to be any chance for Wade to go from interim to HC next season.

I do share your frustration to the umpteenth degree

He's slow to make decisions and he doesn't have much conviction.

He's stated before how he likes to think and re-think decisions and make absolutely sure he's making the right choice.

That carries over to the field/game time management.

He's a poor decision maker on the fly. He doesn't have a sense of what's going on in the moment.

It sucks because I know someone that works on his staff, but kubiak sucks man. He has to go.

The past several games leading up to last night I've watched for entertainment value (or lack thereof) only. For some reason or another I began getting red hot pissed in the 1st half last night. I wanted everybody whacked on the spot. All the time and effort we put into this team year round. Studying the draft and free agency. Going to training camp, hoping this will be the group that gets us to the show. Only to be kicked in the man-bag and sent home. Frustrating!!

That said, I simmered down shortly after that and remembered it wouldn't do any good whackin him right now. Plus, I don't want there to be any chance for Wade to go from interim to HC next season.

I do share your frustration to the umpteenth degree

I'm not even mad.

I just don't care about the games anymore. I don't care if we win or lose this year. I'm already on to next year and the next staff. I cannot waste anymore brain cells watching this group of texans.

I should've quit long ago, but I kept hoping. Silly me.

But the texans have fooled me enough.

**** this year. It's all about the future.

He's slow to make decisions and he doesn't have much conviction.

He's stated before how he likes to think and re-think decisions and make absolutely sure he's making the right choice.

That carries over to the field/game time management.

He's a poor decision maker on the fly. He doesn't have a sense of what's going on in the moment.

It sucks because I know someone that works on his staff, but kubiak sucks man. He has to go.

Texans style in bold

16191_large_Slowskys_DSL.jpg

He won't be. What good does firing Kubiak now do? I want him gone as much as anyone, but let him keep coaching to ensure we get the #1 pick.

I cannot stomach watching my team be embarrassed. Number one pick is nice, but I am just not mentally wired to cheer for losses.

So if kubiak were fired today and the team played better as a result I'd be happy.

Plus I don't like how kubiak calls plays differently for case than he does for Schaub. Case don't know... Blah blah blah..

Man speed the offense up and spread it out and let's see what he don't know.

I just don't want kubiak tainting this franchise anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back