Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The all encompassing DW4 good plays thread

QB that plays well enough to earn a high paying second contract.
QB that a majority of NFL praises as elite.
QB who often times has to carry or will his team to TDs.
QB who is respected by his team mates and by his peers.
QB who has had success at every level.

and mostly, a QB who is the face of your franchise (i.e. Franchise QB).

Blake Bortles was a franchise QB. LOL

I will take Corrosion's description of what a franchise QB is.

A QB that wins big games. (Big games happen in the playoffs).

A QB who produces when it matters most.

And for a period of time, he was.
And that is your choice, doesn't make it the correct one.

A bad QB is a Bad QB, just because he's the face of the franchise doesn't make him a franchise QB. I'm not saying DW4's a bad QB. Just an avg QB.

I guess this can be considered a happy medium maybe most of us here can agree with.

“The Franchise”
Rather than “franchise QB,” these players are basically “The franchise.” Their presence on the roster means that you’re settling in for a long haul of building around this player, cowtow to their needs, playing into their strengths, hiring coaches who can elevate their talents rather than asking the player to play to what the coach wants to do, and finding personnel who can fall in line behind them.

The name I’m least comfortable with here is Watson. He’s only played 2.5 seasons as a starter, he takes a lot of sacks, and he’s now entering the post-DeAndre Hopkins era. But Watson has also been so good, getting overshadowed by the fact that Mahomes is maybe the best QB to enter the league in two decades.

QB that plays well enough to earn a high paying second contract.
QB that a majority of NFL praises as elite.
QB who often times has to carry or will his team to TDs.
QB who is respected by his team mates and by his peers.
QB who has had success at every level.

and mostly, a QB who is the face of your franchise (i.e. Franchise QB).

Mahomes is NOT a franchise quarterback. He's a generational quarterback. As long as he stays healthy, and the Chief's continue to foster a stellar (by most teams standard) supporting cast he will go down in the conversation as GOAT along with Tom Brady.

For the record, for anyone reading this, it pains me to proclaim all that I have about Mahomes, especially in this thread. The one that I created for Watson and his staunch supporters.
Perhaps this thread should be moved to the NFL section. It's more about quarterbacks in general now anyway; less and less about Watson and Texans passing game.

Mahomes is NOT a franchise quarterback. He's a generational quarterback. As long as he stays healthy, and the Chief's continue to foster a stellar (by most teams standard) supporting cast he will go down in the conversation as GOAT along with Tom Brady.

For the record, for anyone reading this, it pains me to proclaim all that I have about Mahomes, especially in this thread. The one that I created for Watson and his staunch supporters.
Perhaps this thread should be moved to the NFL section. It's more about quarterbacks in general now anyway; less and less about Watson and Texans passing game.
This thread has been derailed a while ago and was never brought back on track. lol

So you are saying the Texans possessed all the positional talent to win the big playoff games and Watson was exclusively the reason for the losses....correct?

I think the Texans AFCS gold was fools gold and it reared its ugly head in every big playoff game. The teams shortcomings came into full view and OB/Staff just continually came up short.

So Jim Plunkett who had way more TDs than Ints in his career is a franchise QB?

He was so great he was the franchised QB of 4 different teams.

So Dan Marino isn't a franchised QB, but he lasted 17 years?

That franchise FO and owner must be really stupid?

In general, the Dolphins fans and the media consider him the best QB of the franchise, over Bob Griese, who had two SB rings.
They must be delusional just the same?

Not necessarily quoting you to answer corrosion's view point, but since you brought up Mahomes...

Peyton Manning didn't win it until his 10th season as a starter.
Up to that point, his playoff record was 3-6.

So he wasn't a franchised QB and the Colts should have cut him a long time before that?

Big homie you and I know what time it is. Peyton was a turnover machine at the beginning of his career. He was not clutch in the playoffs either.

But hey Watson’s play so far is between poor and meddling.

Big homie you and I know what time it is. Peyton was a turnover machine at the beginning of his career. He was not clutch in the playoffs either.

Yeap.
Lost in 1st round first 3 times in the playoffs with pedestrian numbers.
Less than 190 yds per game, 1 TD, 2 Ints total in 3 games.
Colts got shut out 0-41 by a 9-7 Jets team.

The 4th time around, he threw 4 Ints in the Championship game.
Definitely NOT a franchised QB. LOL.

Shoot.
Even during the SB run in 2006, he totalled 3 TDs and 7 Ints.
LOL.
I bet you if we replace Manning and Watson's names, "they" would turn around and change the definition of "franchised QB".

#5 – Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans ⇑1
Season: 7 GP | 2,095 yards (2nd) | 69.5% (6th) | 7.6 avg CAY (T-2nd) | 15 TDs (T-6th) | 2.1 INT% (T-16th) | 29.57 OVM (5th) | 147 rush yards (9th) | 1 rush TD (T-12th)

Season: 7 GP | 2,095 yards (2nd) | 69.5% (6th) | 7.6 avg CAY (T-2nd) | 15 TDs (T-6th) | 2.1 INT% (T-16th) | 29.57 OVM (5th) | 147 rush yards (9th) | 1 rush TD (T-12th)
But did he win the big games like Tannehill?
:corrosion:

Only 5? I would place him at 4. Tannehill benefits from having an actual team around him, and competent coaching.

Dont you know its garbage time stats man.....lol

nah but seriously guys can we all jump back on topic, I like when yous break down watsons plays whether they good or bad :shades:

The term is Middling.

Not Meddling.

The term is Middling.

Not Meddling.

DW4 is a middling QB.

The McNair's spend most of their time meddling with the people who run the football side of the org.

I thought I would try to use those words in sentences that could be easily understood.

The term is Middling.

Not Meddling.

Man gone on with this crap. So what I made a darn typo. Good freakin grief. Oh my bad good freaking grief

Back