Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

TEXANS VS RAVENS PLAYOFFS............"NEVERMORE" QUOTH THE TEXANS!

Curbstomping the Browns the way we did, I don’t think this team feels any pressure and that’s potentially dangerous for Baltimore. The first time Lamar runs with the ball, they have to tag him, hard.
I would even be ok with a couple of well timed late hits even if it meant taking penalties to slow LJ down.

It's a key feature of the Shanahan offense due to how it disguises run plays. Mike Shanahan ran it in Denver, and Kyle coached it in Houston, Washington, Atlanta, and now San Fran. Without the ZBS, it's just a West Coast Offense.
I know what it is. Nobody runs it as religiously as Kubiak whether in Denver or Houston.

Every team runs it to some extent. They haven't ran it in like that in Atlanta & they don't in San Francisco. They run more sweeps & reverses in San Francisco than they run the zone stretch, a lot like it appears to be the direction we are going.

Last edited:
Obviously, I’m a ravens fan, and that’s who I’m going with. Just in my head I think if you guys were full strength, we might be talking about something different, but I mean we can double or hell, even triple Nico Collins, and then man guys like Metchie and Woods up. CJ is amazing, but he has to have somebody to throw the ball to.

If the defense that played the Browns shows up though, anybody thinking this is going to be a blowout didn’t watch the same game that I did.

I think if the Texans are going to win, it’s going to be by running the ball and limiting possessions, and then maybe Stealing some possessions with turnovers or hell, maybe even an onside kick. If I’m the Texans, I’m hoping to run the ball, hoping Baltimore does the same thing and make a very short game and turn it into who has the ball last, and hope I win that coin flip.

Last edited:
Obviously, I’m a ravens fan, and that’s who I’m going with. Just in my head I think if you guys were full strength, we might be talking about something different, but I mean we can double or hell, even triple Nico, Collins, and then man guys like Metchie and Woods up. CJ is amazing, but he has to have somebody to throw the ball to.

Yeah, this is my fear, as well. When we had Nico, Tank, Noah, and Woods, we were OK. Nico went down and Noah stepped up and had an incredible couple of games, then he was in and out with an injury, and now Noah is on IR. Tank was having a great season and he's on IR.

I'm afraid Nico and Woods will not be enough without a couple of other guys stepping up. Metchie has been getting progressively better as the season goes along, but I don't think he's ready for it. Hutchinson, a rook, has shown some flashes, but mostly on reverses, but he's been more and more of a factor in the passing game the past few weeks but he's also missed some opportunities.

CJ needs more weapons.

The Ravens are a much better team than game 1. Of course...so are the Texans. But the Ravens are arguably the best team in football over much of the season. They have to be considered a strong favorite at home against a very wounded Texan receiving group with a lack of weapons for CJ.

Well, the Eagles were 10-1 at one point in the season and the 2 seed Cowboys just got trounced by a team 1 game above .500. If the Texans and Ravens played a 5 game series, yeah, Ravens probably win it 3-1, but anything can happen in a one game winner take all.

No, I don't feel good about the Texans chances in this one, but there's some pressure on Lamar to win in the playoffs. That could be a factor. I don't like that Andrews is coming back. Texans defending good TEs has never been good and now B-more has 2 with the emergence of Likely.

Still, the ball can take funny bounces in this game. Just wish I had better insight to what the script writers are thinking.

The one thing that gives me cause for concern is we will face a better QB in Baltimore.
LJ is a genuine dual threat - his passes are much crisper ( than Flacco) and he is the opposite of a statue back there.

Here's an interesting stat, CJ has as many playoff wins as Lamar. Lamar is 1-3 in the playoffs with CJ of course being 1-0. Fact is Ravens and Lamar have not done good in the playoffs last several years. Also that 1 win was an away game, he has never won a playoff game at home.

On a side note CJ also has as many wins as Watson. :shades:

The Ravens are going to curb stomp the Texans! The Ravens will break many records in kicking our asses! We will lose by five or more TD's and the Ravens will show our victory over the Brown stains to be a fluke. Lamar Jackson isn't 39 years old like Joe Flacco, he is a much better athlete with a better arm and he has a more complete and better rotation of receivers. The Ravens have a solid rushing attack based on rush by committee. They also have better offensive linemen who happen to be healthy. It is highly unlikely we get enough pressure on Lamar Jackson and when we get some pressure it won't come straight up the gut and he will escape like Houdini!!! He will show us that as good as our young Qb is that he is not the MVP for a reason.

Defensively, the Ravens will show why they are #1 overall! CJ is a great young talent but the key word is "Young," and when he is in constant pressure he will bend enough that he will break. The Ravens stuff our run game and they will exploit our weak secondary. Even if CJ doesn't throw any picks the Ravens will force several turnovers!!!

Sorry, but our young team will be brought down from their high horse and this time it is them who will be on the serious side of a blowout!!!!

Bank on it!!!!!!

Most accurate analysis I've seen yet

I wish we had a good trash talker on defense that could use that to get in his head.

One thing I’ve noticed is that, in years past, Lamar would be on the sidelines goofing around, back-slapping and laughing during games like the ones against the Niners and Dolphins. Not this year. He is as focused as I’ve ever seen him. I think he’s heard all the “1-3 in the playoffs”, “he’s a running back”, etc. chatter that he needs to hear. He knows what he needs to do and I don’t think nothing is going to faze him at this point.

The Texans have been playing high stakes playoff football for a few weeks now. The Colts and Browns knew Nico was our best weapon and still couldn't keep him from making big plays. I think we find a way to keep him involved.

Protection and the run game will need to be solid on the road against the Ravens. We of course need to limit turnovers and costly penalties.

The Ravens are favored for very good reason. However, this Texans team looks and feels very different. They can make things difficult for the Ravens and have the ability to win this game. It will just take a great effort by all players and coaches.

The Texans have been playing high stakes playoff football for a few weeks now. The Colts and Browns knew Nico was our best weapon and still couldn't keep him from making big plays. I think we find a way to keep him involved.

Protection and the run game will need to be solid on the road against the Ravens. We of course need to limit turnovers and costly penalties.

The Ravens are favored for very good reason. However, this Texans team looks and feels very different. They can make things difficult for the Ravens and have the ability to win this game. It will just take a great effort by all players and coaches.
It will be interesting to see what Slowik draws up for CJ and the offense again.

Due to the common accidents they have come to see birds as a delicacy. They especially like Southern Fried Raven! The aliens will make their way to Baltimore to prepare for a special feast. Southern Fried Raven with Raven Gizzards and giblet gravy! All being served on behalf of Houston Texans and Houston Texans fans from all over!

Does this mean Stroud will be seen as legendary by the aliens, and that as a result he'll be abducted, and instead replaced with TJ Yates??

I was perusing a Ravens message board, the disrespect is heavy.
We will be prepared to crush their souls.

Harbaugh has got to be losing sleep over the potential of his team consciously or subconsciously dismissing/overlooking the Texans.

I believe that coach Harbaugh knows the Ravens have to play pretty close to perfect to beat us. Yeah, you read that right.

Harbaugh has got to be losing sleep over the potential of his team consciously or subconsciously dismissing/overlooking the Texans.

I believe that coach Harbaugh knows the Ravens have to play pretty close to perfect to beat us. Yeah, you read that right.

Cocky fanbase for a team that has choked in the playoffs consistently with its current QB.

People just turning the blind eye to Lamar's playoff numbers citing that he has played better than what they say.

I used to say the same thing about James Harden for the Rockets. Then after the 5th time, I was off that bandwagon as him being the next Kobe/MJ level player.

I’d say that’s true about both teams.

*clearing throat*

*deep breath

Okay, here we go again. Another week set up for assured humilation.

We are going to be murdered by the Ravens.... wait is a flock of Ravens a murder or is it just crows?

Either way.... its hopeless, the Ravens will be more like angels than rats with wings. They will glide through the air, to and fro.

The Texans will be as the cowering..... retreating in defeat like none has ever been seen or will ever be seen again.

It will be lost by halftime in favor of the Ravens. The Texans players will be in the locker room crying at their inability to overcome the greatness that are the Ravens.

A flock of Ravens is known as an Unkindness.

One thing I’ve noticed is that, in years past, Lamar would be on the sidelines goofing around, back-slapping and laughing during games like the ones against the Niners and Dolphins. Not this year. He is as focused as I’ve ever seen him. I think he’s heard all the “1-3 in the playoffs”
Lamar is locked in, but not having greg roman should make a difference, predictable play calling, no adjustments etc

Back