Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans vs. Eagles Matchups

WorthlessBum

Practice Squad
instead of all you dunce eagle fans dropping in to announce how the eagles are going to whip the texans this week -- how about throwing out some valid reasons why....and the response "im here to inform you the eagles are gonna kick butt because im a BIG eagles fan and its my job" is stupid nonsense that shouldnt be allowed to take up space on these boards.

for example, i would argue the texans have a great shot at winning this game because --

the eagles have reworked the 23rd rated dline from a year ago, but what about the LBs behind them?? save trotter, this unit could be exposed against a texans team that ran pretty well in the pre season. knowing that they are facing a solid secordary, it wouldnt surprise me to see the texans come out and try and run alot against the eagles, while picking their spots against a usually blitz happy eagle D, no matter how good the secondary, if the oline can give Carr a few seconds of protection, i like johnson and moulds to be able to find some spots to make plays.

that being said, the eagles arent very scary on offense. honestly, eagle fans better hope for big things from stallworth and reggie brown, because andy reid hasnt shown much faith in the westbrook running attack (last year the eagles were primarily a pass first offense --- what does reid have against westbrook?? sure the guy is a good receiving back, but i think he can run as well). additionally, the texans showed a pretty stout defense in the preseason and the new 4-3 defense could give some real trouble to the eagle offense. it wouldnt surprise me to see a lot of david akers in this one.

to me, all of that adds up to a game that should be a close one, with both teams having things they "need" to do in order to win. being a texan fan, i like the texans chances on running against the eagles and being able to exploit johnson and moulds in man coverage. i also think the defense has shown enough promise in the preseason to think that they can keep the held down to a couple of fgs and a touchdown. if so, a 1-0 start wouldnt be a surprise.

id really like to hear from some eagles guys as to "why" they think they can/should/will win, but please, try to be objective and factual...

thanks,

W. Bum

Maybe your rookie LT getting blown up all day by Darren Howard and Broderick Bunkley all day. Carr will be running for his life.

Stop with the last year stuuf. Both of our teams were bad last year. We were injury riddled and our backups didnt perform. You guys should have won more games than you did, but.............You have new players, new coaches, and a new scheme. We have new players, and hopefully a new scheme. Don't compare us to last years Eagles, just like it would not be fair for us to compare you to last years Texans. Your teams has improved, but David Carr has not. I live in Houston, so I see everything on tv and in the paper. Carl Dukes on the new morning show on ESPN 790, said he predicted that the fans would call for Sage to start instead of Carr by halftime in the Eagles game.

I think the key to our offense rolling is going to be the blocking of spencer at LT and the blitz recog of lundy, if those 2 play well then the offense will roll. Philly's d line is one of the best and their secondary is above average. The 3 things i worry about from philly's O is the bomb to stallworth the dump off to westbrook and mcnabb scrambling around the place. Our D should provide a good run stopping effort, and we will win this game. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!

Texans should win because of the excitement level and noise.

I will admit, I watched about half of an Eagles pre-season game and McNabb was on target and the offense looked unstoppable. That scared me with our secondary being questionable.

We must be loud Sunday to help our team. It will be close. I hope we win 17-14. Wait that is what I predict, I hope we win 27-0, so I won't be woried all game.

although i usually can never use preseason to back up arguments, i feel that this is a preseason stat that is worthy of using. The Eagles sacked opposing QBs 21 times...that is 5 more than the closest team behind them with about 1.2 sacks per game more than the closest team behind them. The Texans gave up only 4 sacks during the preseason which is a major improvement from last year. I believe this has to do with the new blocking schemes Kubiak has brought in with the added addition of the many QB rollouts. I do think that Philly's D Line is one of the quickest in the league with Howard and Kearse in their that they might be able to contain Carr but it'll be tough with how the Texans line is playing. Our secondary, when healthy, as you may or may not remember sent several players to the pro-bowl 2 seasons ago and probably should have had 2 CBs in that year. Last year they were a bit battered along with the rest of the team.

Houston has notched 10 sacks this preseason (~2.5 per game) while Philly has given up 12 (~2.4 per game). This game will be won in the trenches.

Also someone mentioned our LBs...although they are the weak spot on this defense (if there is one) you can't underestimate one of the best runstoppers in the league with Trotter. With the D Line that the Eagles have its gonna be tough to block Howard, Patterson, Bunkley, Kearse, AND Trotter to get into the secondary. Look at a preseason game with a comparable D line in Denver and you'll see that your first team offense put up only 6 points while throwing a pick and running pretty ineffectively.

I think it will be a closer game than I would like to see but I still see the Eagles coming out on top. With a healthy team in their our offense has to many weapons beit Brown and Stallworth on your CBs, LJ out in the flat, or Westbrook out of the backfield, not to mention McNabb's legs. Again, it will come down to who plays better in the trenches.

WorthlessBum said:
instead of all you dunce eagle fans dropping in to announce how the eagles are going to whip the texans this week -- how about throwing out some valid reasons why

Are you really asking Philadelphia fans to be intelligent? :ok:

eagle.randall said:
Maybe your rookie LT getting blown up all day by Darren Howard and Broderick Bunkley all day. Carr will be running for his life.

Stop with the last year stuuf. Both of our teams were bad last year. We were injury riddled and our backups didnt perform. You guys should have won more games than you did, but.............You have new players, new coaches, and a new scheme. We have new players, and hopefully a new scheme. Don't compare us to last years Eagles, just like it would not be fair for us to compare you to last years Texans. Your teams has improved, but David Carr has not. I live in Houston, so I see everything on tv and in the paper. Carl Dukes on the new morning show on ESPN 790, said he predicted that the fans would call for Sage to start instead of Carr by halftime in the Eagles game.

come on? carr will be running for his life from a guy in howard who has averaged 6 sacks a season over his career? please. based on what -- his 4 sacks last year? the guy hasnt played a full season since 2002. howard might be a quality player with talent, but he's no simeon rice. and ill go ahead and disregard the fact that you suggested carr will be running for his life from a rookie who held out for 16 days of camp. a rook has to prove something before you make statements like that. the eagles should be worried more about stopping the run than chasing carr.

the last year comparisons i made are completely fair, what upgrades did the eagles make at LB?? hopefully trotter will continue to play well and not lapse into his form with the redskins. adding howard and the rookie bunkley may help the dline, but neither can be called superstars which validates that they still have questions from last year.

the texans on the other hand brought in a coach who has a proven record with getting the most out of his QBs, and has mike sherman (a prior head coach with a career winning record) helping him reshape a formally dismal offensive line. on defense, changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3 on defense can only be a positive thing for the texans defense, while the eagles didnt really upgrade the offense much except for picking up stallworth to go with brown. who are the eagles going to use on short yardage situations? are they going to run the ball at all?? those are some serious questions from last year that really haven't been answered.

when you add all that up, things look a lot more promising for the texans than they do the eagles. and btw, i dont live in houston, so thankfully i dont have to hear nonsense about the fans calling for sage by halftime...looks like 790 hired bufoons to compete with the dummies over at 610....i love houston and wish i still lived there, but the sports radio is horrendous.....hee hee, the fond memories i have of matt jackson, john grenado and the biggest dunce in radio -- jeremy foster....ugghhhhh!

W. Bum

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:
although i usually can never use preseason to back up arguments, i feel that this is a preseason stat that is worthy of using. The Eagles sacked opposing QBs 21 times...that is 5 more than the closest team behind them with about 1.2 sacks per game more than the closest team behind them. The Texans gave up only 4 sacks during the preseason which is a major improvement from last year. I believe this has to do with the new blocking schemes Kubiak has brought in with the added addition of the many QB rollouts. I do think that Philly's D Line is one of the quickest in the league with Howard and Kearse in their that they might be able to contain Carr but it'll be tough with how the Texans line is playing. Our secondary, when healthy, as you may or may not remember sent several players to the pro-bowl 2 seasons ago and probably should have had 2 CBs in that year. Last year they were a bit battered along with the rest of the team.

Houston has notched 10 sacks this preseason (~2.5 per game) while Philly has given up 12 (~2.4 per game). This game will be won in the trenches.

Also someone mentioned our LBs...although they are the weak spot on this defense (if there is one) you can't underestimate one of the best runstoppers in the league with Trotter. With the D Line that the Eagles have its gonna be tough to block Howard, Patterson, Bunkley, Kearse, AND Trotter to get into the secondary. Look at a preseason game with a comparable D line in Denver and you'll see that your first team offense put up only 6 points while throwing a pick and running pretty ineffectively.

I think it will be a closer game than I would like to see but I still see the Eagles coming out on top. With a healthy team in their our offense has to many weapons beit Brown and Stallworth on your CBs, LJ out in the flat, or Westbrook out of the backfield, not to mention McNabb's legs. Again, it will come down to who plays better in the trenches.

Nice post. I agree to your statement "it'll be won in the trenches". I've said that a few times the past week or two. I still will not predict who's going to win due to the fact we are green. In other words, we have yet to gel as an offensive unit. The defense looked good but I don't think our secondary was truely tested. I'm at least hoping to see us come out and play a good game and possibly pull out a win.:twocents:

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

hey -- reread my post, i give all the props to the eagles secondary, i think it might be the strongest part of the team. the only think about judging numbers from preseason is i think you really have to look at the first team versus first team numbers and forget the rest. i dont know how the eagles numbers might look after that, but my point would be that buckley is a rook who is done NOTHING in the NFL, howard is solid and kearse just isnt the player he once was. of all of them, kearse has the most potential to make some noise, but i also think that the LB corps behind that line is very suspect....if the texans are able to run the ball, carr wont have to be running for his life. and having a threat like moulds will only help johnson.

as far as the preseason game against denver, lundy averaged 4.4 ypc on 10 carries. had the first team played the entire game....who knows how it would have turned out.

W. Bum

Howard has the advantage against the pass but Spencer will hurt him on running plays . This is one big , strong , and mean rookie ... don't be surprised to see Darren going backwards . God help him if Spencer falls on him .

Buckley could'nt beat out Travis Johnson at FSU . I believe this is advantage Texans .:wild:

Im going to give several valid reasons as to why the Eagles will win this game convincingly.

1. The Texans O line may have a new scheme, and may be reworked, but the Eagles defensive line is nasty. Howard is on a mission it appears, and Bunkley appears unblockable. When you look at our 4, who are you going to double team? All 4 are worthy of it. If the Eagles end the game without 5 sacks, 5 hurries, and 5 tackles for a loss, I would be shocked.

2. The Eagles offensive line is a wall of meat. Brag all you want about Mario...yes, he will be a hell of a player...but Willie T is no slouch when it comes to defending superstar ends. Neither is John Runyan, who regularly matched up against Strahan twice a year for the last 5 or so years. If the Texans do decide to blitz, I do think the Eagles slot receiver will be able to catch a hot slant rather easily. Jason Avant has hands of glue...I cant believe the balls he has caught.

3. The Eagles linebackers are a trememdous weakness. Trotter is great...the other 2 suck. But I dont think that will be a liability against the Texans, because I think we will see a lot of nickle sets with Trotter and Barber at LB.

4. Mcnabb. McNabb in the regular season is money. He now actually has a few weapons he can rely on...and the ability to hit Stallworth 40 yards downfield on the money is really going to keep your secondary honest.

5. Special teams. Its a very underrated part of football. Our special teams has the ability to start almost every drive for us at the 35. And our coverage units have the ability to hold you guys tight on your returns.

Anyone want to debate these points before I move on? And dont homer it...these are honest points, as I see them. Im not being snooty or bragging at all.

I am optimistic by nature, so I have felt that the Texans have a shot at winning versus the Eagles. I figured I would take a look at why I felt that way by looking at the matchups. I think my spirits have been dampened somewhat, but coaching and scheme count for a lot, as does home field advantage (be quiet when the offense is on the field please!).

Anyway, share your opinions.

QB: Carr v. McNabb - I haven't been a big McNabb fan over the years, but the Eagles have the clear advantage here. Carr might actually be a little more mobile and his bootlegs will help the running game, but in terms of passing, McNabb is clearly better. This isn't a Carr thread, so I'll leave it at that.

WR: AJ/Moulds/Walter v. Brown/Stallworth/Baskett - clear advantage for the Texans here, IMO. Stallworth just joined the Eagles and will require some time to adjust tot he QB and scheme, though he can still run a fly well. Brown is still relatively unproven and Baskett is a rookie that came out of nowhere.

RB: Westbrook/Buckhalter v. Lundy/Morency - If Westbrook is healthy, I think this is about even. Lundy and Morency haven't proven anything yet, but the potential is there. Westbrook is a dynamic all-around back and Buckhalter is the big back they've been wanting him to be for a couple years now (he's their Joppru). The factor that makes this even, IMO, is scheme. In the past, Reid has thrown the ball quite a lot. The Eagles always talk about running the ball more, but when McNabb's in there, they throw a lot. Our team has a good scheme and is committed to running the ball. Westbrook might end up with better numbers than either of our backs, but I think our total rushing game will be better.

TE: LJ Smith v. Putzier/Owens/Daniels/Joppru - LJ Smith is a top-notch TE and the Eagles script nearly as many plays for him as they do for Westbrook. Our guys are used quite a bit by Kubiak, though we don't have one individual standout. With the gameplan that Kubiak has shown throughout his Denver years and during the preseason, I'll give the edge to the Texans.

Eagles O-line v. Texans D-line - Tra Thomas, Shane Andrews, and Jon Runyan are very good linemen. Mario Williams and Travis Johnson are unproven and will have their share of growing pains. Payne is a solid, proven vet and Weaver is a good lineman. Babin and Peek off the bench may pull this one a little closer to even. If we can keep pressure on McNabb, we stand a good shot at taking the game. If this O-line neutralizes our front four, it's going to be a long day. At this point, I have to say edge to the Eagles.

Texans O-line v. Eagles D-line - Kearse and Howard off the ends will be as formidable as any opponents we will face this year, IMO. Spencer will be thrown into the fire and Wiegert hasn't really impressed me much this preseason (FWIW). The Eagles have their own talented rookie project in Bunkley, but he doesn't start. The bootlegs will help the Texans, but edge to the Eagles.

LB: Ryans/Orr/Greenwood v. Trotter/Jones/McCoy - Another unit where we have unproven talent. Ryans will be a good football player, but he will undoubtedly have some rookie moments this year. Some games will be better than others. Who is going to cover LJ Smith? We've been very bad against TEs in the past; I'm hoping this group can step it up this year. Orr has a high motor and Greenwood is fast, but I am still waiting to see what we paid for. I've heard some Eagle fans complain about Dhani Jones, but I think he's still a notch above anyone we put out there. Trotter is a solid vet. Edge to the Eagles.

Secondary: DRob/Sanders/Brown/Earl v. Brown/Sheppard/Lewis/Dawkins - I think most would say this is the biggest weakness of our team. Most teams we play this year, if not all, will have a better safety duo than we will. Robinson still makes plays, even when they're not spectacular, but he has no real help on the other side. Sanders has stepped up, but I think everyone would feel better if he were a nickel or dime back. The Eagles d-backs are smaller, but as we know from watching Robinson, that doesn't always matter. Dawkins at safety is the caliber of player I'd like to see the Texans have someday. Edge to the Eagles.

Kicker: Ours misses a lot. Akers doesn't.

Punter: Ours has had more practice than anyone in the league over the last few years. I like him a lot :)

Why did you do OL vs DL but for all the others you went position vs position ? just curious...

The one good thing we can grab about our group is the thing that we all have been saying all year.

Each one of these guys will have earned their position.

xtruroyaltyx said:
Why did you do OL vs DL but for all the others you went position vs position ? just curious...

No good reason. I give the edge to the Eagles either way. They have a better O-line and a better D-line, at least on paper. Hopefully, our guys prove themselves and we look better on paper soon!

eriadoc said:
No good reason. I give the edge to the Eagles either way. They have a better O-line and a better D-line, at least on paper. Hopefully, our guys prove themselves and we look better on paper soon!

Communism is also better on paper. But we know how that worked out.

On paper, our team does look good. The problem for 2005 was the Dom Capers liked to shred those papers. The problem for 2006 is that ESPN likes to hide those papers. We will soon be avenged.

Not too bad of a study on our team.
But I need to throw out the fact that Westbrook is Healthy and Bucky is back to pre injury form. This is a huge deal regarding our run game. (We would have won the NFCG in 2001 against the Rams if Bucky hadn't got injured before the 1st half.) With both Bucky and Westy healthy I think the Eagles have an edge here. Although it's not known what impact Ron Dayne will have for you guys. If the Eagles dictate the game you will be forced to pass anyway, negating a decent run game.

Also at Tight end LJ Smith was having nothing short of a pro bowl season before D-mac was hurt. It's just my opinion but I think LJ will suprise you guys with his level of play.

I think the LB play may be a push other than Trotter, this is deciving though because if our front 4 are getting penetration it's gonna make the LB play look better than it is. This is clearly the most concerning area of our defense. Week one is hard to say we may see McCoy really step in well but we'll see. I would say a push on this.

Receivers I would agree that on paper you may have an edge but I watched Moulds in the KC game and he looks like he may have lost a little step, he looked good across the middle, but I think he gets his bell rung on sunday. we really don't know how Stallworth will mesh in week one so I would have to agree with you, although I don't believe it's a huge edge. Mcnabb will throw to 10 or 11 different players and his passing yards will exceed Carrs.

PhillyFan said:
Im going to give several valid reasons as to why the Eagles will win this game convincingly.

1. The Texans O line may have a new scheme, and may be reworked, but the Eagles defensive line is nasty. Howard is on a mission it appears, and Bunkley appears unblockable. When you look at our 4, who are you going to double team? All 4 are worthy of it. If the Eagles end the game without 5 sacks, 5 hurries, and 5 tackles for a loss, I would be shocked.

I think you're going to be shocked, though I agree with your overall premise. This Texans O-line is much improved. Kubiak and Sherman can scheme well also. I do think Kease and Howard will get some pressure and it will be a big factor in the game.

PhillyFan said:
2. The Eagles offensive line is a wall of meat. Brag all you want about Mario...yes, he will be a hell of a player...but Willie T is no slouch when it comes to defending superstar ends. Neither is John Runyan, who regularly matched up against Strahan twice a year for the last 5 or so years. If the Texans do decide to blitz, I do think the Eagles slot receiver will be able to catch a hot slant rather easily. Jason Avant has hands of glue...I cant believe the balls he has caught.

The Eagles do have a very good offensive line and I agree with your opinion here. It's not so much about Mario, however. Weaver is an overlooked and underrated offseason pickup and Peek is a tremendous pass rusher. Peek only plays passing downs, however. Our D-line is very deep this year, so I think that may factor in come 4th quarter. We'll see, but I do think the Eagles have the better side of the matchup at this point.

PhillyFan said:
3. The Eagles linebackers are a trememdous weakness. Trotter is great...the other 2 suck. But I dont think that will be a liability against the Texans, because I think we will see a lot of nickle sets with Trotter and Barber at LB.

You'll be seeing tight end play in your sleep. If those linebackers can't cover, they'll be hurting. We have three solid receiving options at tight end and there may very well be times when all three are on the field (Joppru lines up at FB sometimes). This is one of the ways Kubiak will keep the Eagles from pinning their ears back.

PhillyFan said:
4. Mcnabb. McNabb in the regular season is money. He now actually has a few weapons he can rely on...and the ability to hit Stallworth 40 yards downfield on the money is really going to keep your secondary honest.

I wouldn't be counting on that Stallworth 40-yarder just yet. He is going to take some time to adjust. I'm not thrilled with McNabb's targets as you seem to be, but if he has time (great O-line), then he can make most WRs look better than they are. This comes down to pressure, IMO. If he's in a rocking chair back there, the Texans have no chance. Of course, that's universally true.

PhillyFan said:
5. Special teams. Its a very underrated part of football. Our special teams has the ability to start almost every drive for us at the 35. And our coverage units have the ability to hold you guys tight on your returns.

Most people don't know much about other teams' special teams unit. Throughout the Texans history, ST has been a strength of the team - good starting field position, good coverage, and our punter pins it inside the 20 pretty regularly (29 inside 20 last year to only one touchback). We have one of the best ST coaches in the league (Marciano). Our All Pro returner is injured, so you have something going for you there and our kicker can be inconsistent.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:
From FOX Sports...

"The Eagles are going against a team that has a quarterback who has not yet proven himself (David Carr), a rookie running back (Wali Lundy) and a rookie left tackle (Charles Spencer). The Texans are implementing a run-blocking scheme, but they don't have the personnel to play it.

That's why the Texans rushing offense was ranked 6th in the preseason.

Texans_Chick said:

This is why the majority of Texans fans hate to read/listen to any analysis of their team by ESPN, SI, or Fox Sports. They never backup their statements with actual research, only opinions based on either "public opinion" or their own views. The majority of their statements are never a non-biased analysis. Take everything with a grain of salt

Texans_Chick said:

Please...7 teams who didnt make the playoffs last year had only 1 loss in the preseason last year...6 teams did the same the season before...preseason really means a lot.

also aside from Denver...Houston played a bunch of scrub defenses...especially rushing defenses.

The Eagles have an upgraded defensive front from last year...oh and that line held LT to 7 yards and was 7th in the league in yards/carry given up.

Well... The Eagles imo are in a lose lose situtation here via media.

If the Eagles win - They are expected to win against the horrible Texans as the media see it..

If the Eagles Lose - Apparently , they havent recovered from the TO incident, or that is how the media will play it out.

Texans are in the same boat.

If the Texans Win - The the only reason we won was because TO Incident threw the Eagles into Choas and it not because the Texans are good enough to beat them, it just the Eagles are confused.

If the Texans lose - Then the Texans would have won if they selected you know who and lets go see highlights of him instead.

Dime said:
Well... The Eagles imo are in a lose lose situtation here via media.

If the Eagles win - They are expected to win against the horrible Texans as the media see it..

If the Eagles Lose - Apparently , they havent recovered from the TO incident, or that is how the media will play it out.

Texans are in the same boat.

If the Texans Win - The the only reason we won was because TO Incident threw the Eagles into Choas and it not because the Texans are good enough to beat them, it just the Eagles are confused.

If the Texans lose - The the Texans would have won if they selected you know who and lets go see highlights of him instead.
:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

Edit: On a side note, and for fantasy reasons, how often do you think Westbrook will touch the ball a game?

In truth, I don't know who our starting lineup will be. Defensively, or Offensively.

I seriously doubt Spencer will start against Philly. but so far, I've been wrong on every prediction I've made about Spencer.

I also don't believe Weaver belongs on our starting Defensive line, when both Babin & Mario play the strongside much better.

Either way, I don't see Houston giving up 5 sacks in one game. If we do.. I'm not even going to go there.

But David always starts slow, and picks up as the game goes along.

With Moulds, Andre, & Putz getting most of their yards after the catch, David's going to have a good day, & I believe we'll score more than 24points.

Defensively we'll hold you to 14...... well, under 18 anyway. We don't have to worry about keeping our Corner's honest, because we don't(at least I believe we won't) be blitzing our corners........ at least not as much as philly does.

We'll keep the pressure on McNumbnuts, and I predict he'll throw as many Texans touchdowns as David does.

I'd love to say it will be close............

but it won't.

PhillyFan said:

Anyone want to debate these points before I move on? And dont homer it...these are honest points, as I see them. Im not being snooty or bragging at all.

sorry philly fan -- this is the type of stuff we need to avoid.

1. the eagles defensive line is on a mission? bunkley appears unblockable? when you look at the eagle DL who are you going to double? all of this is garbage -- the DL is on a mission? is this a fact? or what you think? if its a fact, what relevant info is it based on? even if they are on a mission, does that automatically translate into success? nope. purely conjecture on your part and completely worthless as an argument why the eagles will win. bunkley is a rookie who missed 16 days of camp.....based on what is he unblockable? preseason? sorry, rooks need to prove something before you can lay out with that kind of nonsense. as far as double teaming, what exactly has this group done together to warrant anyone being double teamed....kearse is a shadow of his former self, bunkley is a rookie who played behind an average travis johnson at miami, howard is decent, but hasnt played a full season in 3 years. even if i agree that the eagle dline is decent, the LBs behind them are suspect save trotter, who better not revert to his redskin playing form or this LB corps is doomed. 5 sacks is extremely unlikely given what the texans will likely try to do offensively, but guessing # of sacks in a game is like guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar.....its pointless.

2. the eagles oline is a wall of meat?? ummmmmm, that describes every oline in the league, if this oline is that great, why is andy reid afraid to run the ball?? westbrook is a solid back and even with the addition of stallworth, the eagles receivers arent making anyone scared. avant has hands of glue?? come on, how about a point on the quality at tight end? or the fact that westbrook is a danger catching out of the backfield?? trying to make a point by saying a guy has "hands of glue" is just silly.

3. the eagles LBs a weakness -- you nailed that one

4. there is a gazillion reasons to like mcnabb, but arguing that he is "money" is weak. not only that, but if the eagles arent going to run the ball, there arent going to be any 40 yard openings for stallworth. i would actually argue that reggie brown might be a better weapon, but im not going to make arguments for the eagles, im only going to point out that trying to say a guy is "money" offers no insight into a guy you can say alot of good things about. shame, shame.

5. im not sure what you are trying to say about special teams...."our guys have the ability to start us at the 35 and be able to hold your team tight on your returns" again, no insight offered here, just a fanboy statement with no facts or objective opinions behind it.

its funny that you offer almost no insight, little factual info and then have the nerve to ask those who reply to you not to "homer it". your post is as homer as it gets.

W. Bum

WorthlessBum said:
sorry philly fan -- this is the type of stuff we need to avoid.

1. the eagles defensive line is on a mission? bunkley appears unblockable? when you look at the eagle DL who are you going to double? all of this is garbage -- the DL is on a mission? is this a fact? or what you think? if its a fact, what relevant info is it based on? even if they are on a mission, does that automatically translate into success? nope. purely conjecture on your part and completely worthless as an argument why the eagles will win. bunkley is a rookie who missed 16 days of camp.....based on what is he unblockable? preseason? sorry, rooks need to prove something before you can lay out with that kind of nonsense. as far as double teaming, what exactly has this group done together to warrant anyone being double teamed....kearse is a shadow of his former self, bunkley is a rookie who played behind an average travis johnson at miami, howard is decent, but hasnt played a full season in 3 years. even if i agree that the eagle dline is decent, the LBs behind them are suspect save trotter, who better not revert to his redskin playing form or this LB corps is doomed. 5 sacks is extremely unlikely given what the texans will likely try to do offensively, but guessing # of sacks in a game is like guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar.....its pointless.

2. the eagles oline is a wall of meat?? ummmmmm, that describes every oline in the league, if this oline is that great, why is andy reid afraid to run the ball?? westbrook is a solid back and even with the addition of stallworth, the eagles receivers arent making anyone scared. avant has hands of glue?? come on, how about a point on the quality at tight end? or the fact that westbrook is a danger catching out of the backfield?? trying to make a point by saying a guy has "hands of glue" is just silly.

3. the eagles LBs a weakness -- you nailed that one

4. there is a gazillion reasons to like mcnabb, but arguing that he is "money" is weak. not only that, but if the eagles arent going to run the ball, there arent going to be any 40 yard openings for stallworth. i would actually argue that reggie brown might be a better weapon, but im not going to make arguments for the eagles, im only going to point out that trying to say a guy is "money" offers no insight into a guy you can say alot of good things about. shame, shame.

5. im not sure what you are trying to say about special teams...."our guys have the ability to start us at the 35 and be able to hold your team tight on your returns" again, no insight offered here, just a fanboy statement with no facts or objective opinions behind it.

its funny that you offer almost no insight, little factual info and then have the nerve to ask those who reply to you not to "homer it". your post is as homer as it gets.

W. Bum

Theyre called opinions. And unless you work for said team, what facts do you have? Its the first game of the year...you are more than welcome to rely on preseason stats or whatever...But I put my money where my mouth is, and come Monday, I will be collecting on my wagers.

But, since you ask, here is a fact. As a franchise, the Texans have 18 total wins.

The Eagles had more wins in the last 2 seasons than your franchise has in its entire history...

How do you like that fact, Jack?

PhillyFan said:

Theyre called opinions. And unless you work for said team, what facts do you have? Its the first game of the year...you are more than welcome to rely on preseason stats or whatever...But I put my money where my mouth is, and come Monday, I will be collecting on my wagers.

But, since you ask, here is a fact. As a franchise, the Texans have 18 total wins.

The Eagles had more wins in the last 2 seasons than your franchise has in its entire history...

Since it has absolutely zero to do with predicting the outcome of this upcoming game, it sits fine with me.

I'm not sure what to think about predicting an outcome. IMO McNabb is overrated but is nevertheless solid. He's not really accurate and can be pressured into mistakes. Stallworth was a good pickup but is hardly The difference maker. The strength of the Eagles D-line isn't particularly relevant as I think we will see a lot of rollouts and quick strikes from Carr, and I think they will cave to our run game. The Eagles O-line is one of the heaviest and best in football, but I do think they're vulnerable to our speed rush to the outside. I think it will be a competitive game and the cautious optimist in me likes our chances.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:
From FOX Sports...

September 4, 2006
By BRIAN BALDINGER

"I love the Eagles. They are so fundamentally sound and you just don't see missed tackles, or guys coming free on a pass rush, or a lot of dropped passes. I look at every team in the league and the Eagles' fundamentals jump out on the screen. They hustle, they are 10 deep along the defensive line and everybody has a role on this team. I like the constitution of this team. "Offensively, I'm really high on Jason Avant, Donté Stallworth is going to fit in well, I'm amazed at Correll Buckhalter, who looks like he has the same quickness he had years ago when Andy Reid fell in love with him.

"The preparation and the work ethic the Eagles had throughout the preseason shows up on tape. They are so much better than most of the other teams in the league, just from the confidence they have and the execution of the basics. On Sunday, the Eagles are going against a completely undermanned football team. Jon Runyan and William Thomas are starting their 100th game together. Geez, (Houston defensive end) Mario Williams won't even see the backfield.

"The Eagles are going against a team that has a quarterback who has not yet proven himself (David Carr), a rookie running back (Wali Lundy) and a rookie left tackle (Charles Spencer). The Texans are implementing a run-blocking scheme, but they don't have the personnel to play it. If the Eagles play good, fundamental football, they'll rip this team apart.

"Now, flukes happen in the NFL. It's almost like that is what is going to have to happen for Houston to have a chance. Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds are very good wide receivers, but David Carr can't find them and can't get the ball out of his hands because protection doesn't hold up. I can't see this team sustaining any kind of offense against the Eagles defense.

"The acquisition of Stallworth means so much for the Eagles on and off the field. He isn't just 'a guy.' Stallworth is a former first-round draft pick who caught 70 passes last year for New Orleans. Now, he's had injury problems and he was inconsistent catching the ball for the Saints, but he is a threat that you have to respect.

"I've spent time talking to a lot of players around the league, including guys like DeAngelo Hall from Atlanta, and they tell me that defensive backs have to respect his speed. Todd Pinkston was a speed guy, but defenses didn't really respect his game. Now, with Stallworth, the offense opens up that much more. You have to keep a safety deep in the passing game.

"Teams won't be able to play 'zero' coverages on the Eagles like Dallas and Denver have done in the past. Donovan McNabb, who is playing great football and who is the best quarterback in the conference, will have a field day against defenses that try that. He's going to have plenty of field days, anyway. This offense is going to score a lot of points."

baldinger should be ashamed of himself if he indeed published this -- its amazing to me that a guy with a national audience would so shamelessly pimp an eagles team while trashing the texans and calling them "completely undermanned". how can a guy like this be taken seriously when he fails to mention a dreadful LB corps, a dline that was below average a year ago (that only upgraded with a rookie in bunkley and a decent pro in howard) and an offense that is afraid to run the ball?? honestly, how do you omit such glaring facts, and hang your hat on 70 catches that stallworth had a year ago with new orleans?? mario williams wont see the backfield because runyan and thomas are playing in their 100th game together....huh? how about explaining why buckhalter who has missed 3 entire seasons in a 5 year career is going to combine with westbrook and his 600 yards on 150 carries a year ago to play "fundamentally" good football. baldinger's opinion on this game stinks like a rotting corpse, what a disgrace!

W. Bum

PhillyFan said:

you need to work for a team to have facts? let me explain. i say that the eagles running game stinks. i back that statement with the following....buckhalter has never rushed for more than 500some yards in a season and has spent 3 of his 5 years on IR. Westbrook last season carried the ball 150 times for 600 yards as the eagles relied almost exclusively on a passing attack. see that, i backed up my statement with facts. in addition, the eagles have done NOTHING to upgrade their running game in the offseason, but did grab another solid receiver to go with reggie brown and some decent TE's. again, all of these are facts. in conclusion, based on the facts i presented, a reasonable person could conclude that there is no reason to think the eagle running game will be any different this year than last, actually most signs (reid playcalling, signing stallworth) point to the eagles continuing to focus on their passing game.

what exactly does your fact about the eagles number of wins in the last two seasons versus the texans win total in their history actually mean? it means nothing. that fact will have zero chance of effecting the outcome of the game. the eagles running game (or lack thereof) on the other hand has a very good chance of effecting the outcome.....lets talk about meaningful things here, ok?

W. Bum

PhillyFan said:

good post for the most part.

Saying "Bunkley appears unblockable" and then diminishing Mario's effectiveness is a little homerish, but overall a pretty good post.

Our Special Teams has been pretty darn good last year. And even with Mathis injured it looked pretty darn good in the preseason. So I am not worried about getting beat in this area.

If the Texans lose to the eagles it will be because of three things:
1. Our Spotty Secondary
2. Mistakes by our QB.
3. Inconsistent Run Defense.

of these three weak areas....I think philly isn't set up that well to capitalize on all of them.

The WR core of Philly has a lot to prove. Yeah you have a new decent reciever, but he really hasn't had much time to learn the play book and to build chemistry with McNabb. They would have to step up.

Your D-line is great. So I think you are well positioned to put pressure on Carr and force some mistakes that might be game breakers.

Your running game is underutilized and wasn't too effective last year.

Of our 3 main weaknesses, I see you guys in postion to only fully capitalize on 1 of them.

PhillyFan said:

When talking about the past. This is the only stat that matters. This is the reason the game is played.

Philly has had 40 chances to win the Superbowl and have a total of ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS.

The Texans have had 4 chances to win the Superbowl and have a total of ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Philly has accomplished NOTHING. How do you like that fact, Jack?

WorthlessBum said:
you need to work for a team to have facts? let me explain. i say that the eagles running game stinks. i back that statement with the following....buckhalter has never rushed for more than 500some yards in a season and has spent 3 of his 5 years on IR. Westbrook last season carried the ball 150 times for 600 yards as the eagles relied almost exclusively on a passing attack. see that, i backed up my statement with facts. in addition, the eagles have done NOTHING to upgrade their running game in the offseason, but did grab another solid receiver to go with reggie brown and some decent TE's. again, all of these are facts. in conclusion, based on the facts i presented, a reasonable person could conclude that there is no reason to think the eagle running game will be any different this year than last, actually most signs (reid playcalling, signing stallworth) point to the eagles continuing to focus on their passing game.

what exactly does your fact about the eagles number of wins in the last two seasons versus the texans win total in their history actually mean? it means nothing. that fact will have zero chance of effecting the outcome of the game. the eagles running game (or lack thereof) on the other hand has a very good chance of effecting the outcome.....lets talk about meaningful things here, ok?

W. Bum

Thats true. Except for one part.

This isnt last year. This isnt 2004 either...or even 2003 for that matter.

This is 2006. Perhaps you didnt watch the Eagles first series against Oakland...6 rushes in 9 plays sure doesnt scream "afraid to run the ball" to me.

LBC_Justin said:
When talking about the past. This is the only stat that matters. This is the reason the game is played.

Philly has had 40 chances to win the Superbowl and have a total of ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS.

The Texans have had 4 chances to win the Superbowl and have a total of ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Philly has accomplished NOTHING. How do you like that fact, Jack?

Wrong. Philadelphia has 2 championships...1948 and 1960. Bet you didnt know that though, did you? Stop listening to the media and form an opinion of your own please.

Do a little research before making statements. There was football before the Superbowl you know.

WorthlessBum said:
baldinger should be ashamed of himself if he indeed published this -- its amazing to me that a guy with a national audience would so shamelessly pimp an eagles team while trashing the texans and calling them "completely undermanned". how can i guy like this be taken seriously when he fails to mention a dreadful LB corps, a dline that was below average a year ago (that only upgraded with a rookie in bunkley and a decent pro in howard) and an offense that is afraid to run the ball?? honestly, how do you omit such glaring facts, and hang your hat on 70 catches that stallworth had a year ago with new orleans?? mario williams wont see the backfield because runyan and thomas are playing in their 100th game together....huh? how about explaining why buckhalter who has missed 3 entire seasons in a 5 year career is going to combine with westbrook and his 600 yards on 150 carries a year ago to play "fundamentally" good football. baldinger's opinion on this game stinks like a rotting corpse, what a disgrace!

W. Bum

You have no idea what you're talking about, while the eagle LB's are not the best unit in football they are far from being dreadful, True it is the biggest area of concern on an otherwise stellar defense but they are not dreadful. Thin perhaps but not dreadful.

The D-line is improved whether Bunkley and Howard are here or not, Injuries across the line last year decimated our D-line. We are healthy right now and with the addition of Bunkley and Howard we are that much better, I think as do many others that Howard will turn out to be a much bigger signing for the Eagles than some of the bigger name signings. this could indeed have the makings of one of the best all time Eagle D-lines. To say that the Texans are "undermanned" in handling this group is in itself an understatement.

The fact of the matter is Westy and Bucky are healthy for this game. Anybody that knows anything about those two players knows that you can hang your hat on their impact on the game provided they are healthy.

Baldinger has spent some time watching the Eagles and he's basing his opinion on that, while you have probably been listening to too much of John McClain's nonsense poking fun at McNabb for declaring our reciever group Super bowl capable and claiming the Texans will beat the Eagles. Perhaps Baldy doesn't give the Texans enough credit but why should he? What have the texans done besides have a couple of decent preseason games that mean nothing? and then a couple that were so-so. Ad to that the injuries of D Davis, Mathis, and the Corners and we see areas of exposure. There is no measuring stick to comment on until the Texans step out on game day and beat some decent teams. The eagles can be measured against how they used to look before the aberation season of last year. Baldinger has been critical of the eagles when it's been called for but for him this week is an easy call.

and ..News flash---- Mario Williams hasn't exactly shown his brilliance thus far, yea it's preseason but again there is no measuring stick to guage him against. He could have a monster game or he could be schooled by veteran big time lineman. Baldinger is saying based on what he knows it will most likely be the latter.

PhillyFan said:

I have no problem admitting that made me laugh. Reminded me of "how do you like them apples" in Good Will Hunting. Besides what else can we do but laugh? Burn down our city? I think not - ours is worth keeping.

On Sunday at the tailgate make the lot a better place and punch philly fan in the face. But you better have backup, that trash likes to fight.

I can see the Texans winning this one. Philly doesn't have a LOT to look at on film and after the vanilla preseason, it'll be hard to accurrately scout us.
I have 4 main reasons to be optimistic: Kubes WILL run the ball ALL stinking day. Carr looked almost comfortable on the play action and bootlegs. Our D is going to be stout and force Philly to be even more one-dimensional than usual. Last, we actually use TE's in the passing game now. IMO, we will burn a few blitz-happy D's with that this year. It's gonna be a good game, but I believe the Texans can pull this one out. Homefield will mak a big difference, too.
:superman:

I don't really know too much about the Texans, really don't see them at all. Just wondering if you could fill me in on them. As far as the Eagles being one dimensional, I wouldn't say that applies anymore with Westbrook and Buckhalter in the backfield now.

PhillyFan said:
Wrong. Philadelphia has 2 championships...1948 and 1960. Bet you didnt know that though, did you? Stop listening to the media and form an opinion of your own please.

Do a little research before making statements. There was football before the Superbowl you know.
Wrong: Philadelphia has won 3 championships in 1948, 1949, and 1960. Maybe you should do some research on your own team.

You don't see us bragging about Houston's TWO championships(1960,1961).

Hey now that I think about it, We were BOTH champs in 1960. Oh yeah everyone in this country loves having TWO champions **rolling eyes**

Personally I don't put a lot of stock in any championship before the merger of the NFL and AFL.

Superbowl or bust.

:loser
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:
From FOX Sports...

September 4, 2006
By BRIAN BALDINGER

"I love the Eagles. They are so fundamentally sound and you just don't see missed tackles, or guys coming free on a pass rush, or a lot of dropped passes. I look at every team in the league and the Eagles' fundamentals jump out on the screen. They hustle, they are 10 deep along the defensive line and everybody has a role on this team. I like the constitution of this team. "Offensively, I'm really high on Jason Avant, Donté Stallworth is going to fit in well, I'm amazed at Correll Buckhalter, who looks like he has the same quickness he had years ago when Andy Reid fell in love with him.

"The preparation and the work ethic the Eagles had throughout the preseason shows up on tape. They are so much better than most of the other teams in the league, just from the confidence they have and the execution of the basics. On Sunday, the Eagles are going against a completely undermanned football team. Jon Runyan and William Thomas are starting their 100th game together. Geez, (Houston defensive end) Mario Williams won't even see the backfield.

"The Eagles are going against a team that has a quarterback who has not yet proven himself (David Carr), a rookie running back (Wali Lundy) and a rookie left tackle (Charles Spencer). The Texans are implementing a run-blocking scheme, but they don't have the personnel to play it. If the Eagles play good, fundamental football, they'll rip this team apart.

"Now, flukes happen in the NFL. It's almost like that is what is going to have to happen for Houston to have a chance. Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds are very good wide receivers, but David Carr can't find them and can't get the ball out of his hands because protection doesn't hold up. I can't see this team sustaining any kind of offense against the Eagles defense.

"The acquisition of Stallworth means so much for the Eagles on and off the field. He isn't just 'a guy.' Stallworth is a former first-round draft pick who caught 70 passes last year for New Orleans. Now, he's had injury problems and he was inconsistent catching the ball for the Saints, but he is a threat that you have to respect.

"I've spent time talking to a lot of players around the league, including guys like DeAngelo Hall from Atlanta, and they tell me that defensive backs have to respect his speed. Todd Pinkston was a speed guy, but defenses didn't really respect his game. Now, with Stallworth, the offense opens up that much more. You have to keep a safety deep in the passing game.

"Teams won't be able to play 'zero' coverages on the Eagles like Dallas and Denver have done in the past. Donovan McNabb, who is playing great football and who is the best quarterback in the conference, will have a field day against defenses that try that. He's going to have plenty of field days, anyway. This offense is going to score a lot of points."
:yawn: :yawn: :rant:

EF55 said:
You have no idea what you're talking about, while the eagle LB's are not the best unit in football they are far from being dreadful, True it is the biggest area of concern on an otherwise stellar defense but they are not dreadful. Thin perhaps but not dreadful.

The D-line is improved whether Bunkley and Howard are here or not, Injuries across the line last year decimated our D-line. We are healthy right now and with the addition of Bunkley and Howard we are that much better, I think as do many others that Howard will turn out to be a much bigger signing for the Eagles than some of the bigger name signings. this could indeed have the makings of one of the best all time Eagle D-lines. To say that the Texans are "undermanned" in handling this group is in itself an understatement.

The fact of the matter is Westy and Bucky are healthy for this game. Anybody that knows anything about those two players knows that you can hang your hat on their impact on the game provided they are healthy.

Baldinger has spent some time watching the Eagles and he's basing his opinion on that, while you have probably been listening to too much of John McClain's nonsense poking fun at McNabb for declaring our reciever group Super bowl capable and claiming the Texans will beat the Eagles. Perhaps Baldy doesn't give the Texans enough credit but why should he? What have the texans done besides have a couple of decent preseason games that mean nothing? and then a couple that were so-so. Ad to that the injuries of D Davis, Mathis, and the Corners and we see areas of exposure. There is no measuring stick to comment on until the Texans step out on game day and beat some decent teams. The eagles can be measured against how they used to look before the aberation season of last year. Baldinger has been critical of the eagles when it's been called for but for him this week is an easy call.

and ..News flash---- Mario Williams hasn't exactly shown his brilliance thus far, yea it's preseason but again there is no measuring stick to guage him against. He could have a monster game or he could be schooled by veteran big time lineman. Baldinger is saying based on what he knows it will most likely be the latter.

who doesnt know what they are talking about? who besides trotter in that group is at least solid? barber, no. jones? sorry. being objective -- this unit is below average. if not for trotter, they would be terrible.

out of everything you said about the eagle dline, ill i got was conjecture on your part that the texans will be undermanned. based on what? a rookie? a shell of jevon kearse? a guy in howard who has put up modest numbers in between nursing injuries? come on, baldinger was hanging his hat on health and fundamentals....hey GREAT! but what has this group actually accomplished?? nothing. therefore why should it be objective to say they have the texans completely undermanned?? rubbish.

sure, the fact of the matter is that bucky and westy are healthy, but neither have ever played a full season and neither of them has ever rushed for more than 800 yards. while thinking about those two facts and andy reids play calling tendency (pass first), its reasonable NOT to fear the eagles running attack.

my point on baldinger was that he left out completely relevant facts in his assessment and showed no objectivity in evaluating the two teams. his statements may have been his personal opinion, but we should expect more than fanboy yee-haws from a guy who has a national audience. and just because a national sports writer says something -- that doesnt make it so. i dont live in houston anymore, but when i did, i wasnt much for john mclain's nonsense. i want objective insights from guys like him, not who he thinks is a nice guy and who is a jerk. mclain is another boob who has no business covering sports.

are you counting jerome mathis as a significant loss for the texans? im afraid you dont know what you are talking about. mathis is a return man, nothing more. he has proven zilch as a receiver and even though he can be explosive returning the ball, his absence wont effect the team nearly as much as davis, though lundy has looked good and won the starting job, he has yet to prove himself.

and thanks but no thanks on the news flash, williams is a rookie and im the same with all of them....they have to prove their worth on the field before they can be praised or ridiculed.

W. Bum

WorthlessBum said:
bunkley is a rookie who missed 16 days of camp.....based on what is he unblockable? preseason? sorry, rooks need to prove something before you can lay out with that kind of nonsense.

Ooooh.

Using that logic, Mario Williams is a NOTHING!

Thanks for proving my point yet again!
:cowboy1:

Rodman91 said:
Ooooh.

Using that logic, Mario Williams is a NOTHING!

Thanks for proving my point yet again!
:cowboy1:

All rookies who havent play in a regular season are "nothing". Even the godlike Reggie Bush and the invincible Vince Young. We can only judge on potential, and your boy missing 16 days of practice sure doesnt help his stock.

TexansLucky13 said:
All rookies who havent play in a regular season are "nothing". Even the godlike Reggie Bush and the invincible Vince Young. We can only judge on potential, and your boy missing 16 days of practice sure doesnt help his stock.

but outtackling mario, outassisting mario, and outsacking mario in less games against #1 offenses would lead to believe that those 16 days of practice missed doesnt really matter...the boy seems to be able to play but again we will have to wait til regular season when it all really matters.

Heres my humble opinion.

QB. McNabb/Carr. This match up is even with a slight edge to Carr. Oh I know what the haters have said but lets face facts, Carr is more mobile than McNabb and has about the same accuracy (We all saw the super-bowl, and hasn't been the same since). McNabb had one good passer year and that was with TO on the team, Pre TO McNabb used his legs to make plays. Carr has been the second best rushing QB behind Vick for the last three years. Carr has a bigger arm and is throwing to better quality receivers than what McNabb has. Carr, despite having Gaffney and Bradford and being sacked 67 times he still threw 14 TD's. I have said this for a while now, McNabb is way over-rated.

WR. Johnson/Moulds vs Stallworth/Brown. Without going in depth, Stallworth is another Bradford and Brown would be a #4 on our team.

O-Line. Even. I think. Texans gave up 4 sacks in 4 games against some really good D-Lines. St.Louis and Denver are very good teams. Our one weakness is going to be Weigert.

RB. Texans. Zone blocking. Ron Dayne is a huge pick up. Lundy is solid and Morency can score from anywhere on the field. Ya Ya the Eagles have Westbrook but he is not really a RB but I will get to him in a sec.

TE. Texans. Who do the Eagle have? Smith. Texans have Daniels, Bruener, Putzier and FB/TE BennieJ.

D. This is where I think the Eagles have the advantage.

D-Line. I am giving the edge to the Texans but not by much. IMO the Texans D-Line is more flexible. Weaver, Williams, TJ, Payne for run situations and then Peek, Babin, Williams, Weaver in passing situations.

LB. This one goes to the Eagles. Texans have Ryans but for me the jury is still out on Greenwood. Other than that we lack depth and Orr is going to have to play in a 4/3.

Secondary. Eagles. We got Robinson but thats about it. And no depth due to injury. Eagles CB's are pretty good and the Eagles have Dawkins which is huge.

Kicker. Eagles. I hate Kris Brown. sorry to be so blunt but thats how I feel. Ackers is a very good Kicker, and if it comes down to field goals the Texans will lose this game. Your one job on the team is to kick the football and you shank 35 yard field goals? Your fired.

The X factor. Westbrook or Peek? With Westbrook on the field, you have to account for him. Running or Catching Westbrook will kill your team with a single play. Peek. If the games on the line and you need a stop or turn over, thats your man. Whether its blocking a punt or destroying the QB, in crunch situations he's the single most dangerous defensive player on the field.

But that is just my opinion. I have been know to be wrong once or twice.:redtowel:

TEXANRED said:
Heres my humble opinion.

QB. McNabb/Carr. This match up is even with a slight edge to Carr. Oh I know what the haters have said but lets face facts, Carr is more mobile than McNabb and has about the same accuracy (We all saw the super-bowl, and hasn't been the same since). McNabb had one good passer year and that was with TO on the team, Pre TO McNabb used his legs to make plays. Carr has been the second best rushing QB behind Vick for the last three years. Carr has a bigger arm and is throwing to better quality receivers than what McNabb has. Carr, despite having Gaffney and Bradford and being sacked 67 times he still threw 14 TD's. I have said this for a while now, McNabb is way over-rated.

Guys please don't compare Carr to McNabb. As much as I would love to compare their raw skills and say SEE they're equal. Thats not what matters and you know it. If it was Ryan Leaf would be a great QB.

PhillyFan said:

How exactly is that suposed to help you? Watch out, they have an extra corner back on the field, better not run now! You have one of the top 10 D-Lines in the NFL, but you still need everyone else on the field to make plays against the run, namley the linebackers. Also, expect to see a bunch of 2 TE sets, good luck stopping that out of the nickle...:francis:

Back