Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans Vs Aint's Gameday Thread

On the replay as he was running towards the camera, it was pretty clear that 27 was held and might have made the tackle.

Yeah, we just got straight up outplayed tonight. I just had a feeling they were going to score on a 99 yard drive. I told my Dad, "watch them score a TD" , and sure enough there it was. :mcnugget:

With this magnitude of a beat down, the coaches should have them fired up to hopefully play well next week against the Vikes.

I like what I have seen of this #40. The guy has made some good plays 2 weeks in a row. Move him up on the depth chart and see what he can do!

No other team put up 38 point this week. Just sayin

Yeah, it was a old fashioned ass whoopin.

Do you know what this tells me though.......during the week, one team was taking notes and forming a gameplan.....another coach wasn't. The Saints knew everything we planned to do in the game and had a adjustment for everything.

Really hate to admit it, but I saw this coming. I was pissed about our performance last week as I felt that we should have absoluetly SMASHED a weak team like KC pre-season or not. NO isn't even know for their run game and homeboy on NO's 1st team looked like Adrian Peterson. All kinds of passing for NO.....our D was burnt toast all around. Our starting O was unimpressive save that first drive. They actually managed to consistently gain less and less yards after that...basically moved backwards. I hope that Rick Smith was embarassed doing his interview WHILE NO was breaking off big running yards. Inconsistency. That's the magic word and it pisses me off. I know...pre-season, calm down, blah, blah, blah. Sorry if I expect more at this point no matter what the game. They need to get their stuff together on D....and this just pisses me off at Dunta even more!!!! Get into F-ing camp man!!!!!!!

GO TEXANS>>>>>>CRUSH SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!

:bender:

This recording should make a nice addition to the "never watch again" pile I have.

Yeah, it's already been deleted off my DVR......I hope Casey is okay though, Brink was out there trying to get people killed with his noodle arm. We have to find another emergency QB for next season, I don't even know how that guy got drafted.

Really hate to admit it, but I saw this coming. I was pissed about our performance last week as I felt that we should have absoluetly SMASHED a weak team like KC pre-season or not.

The Vikings barely beat the Chiefs this week and they're a SB contender.....I had no problem with our game last week. We just didn't play this week, we acted like all we had to do was show up...the team came out soft, but it didn't have much to do with the week before.

The problem with this game is that the Texans showed us that they did not step up to playoff status like we were expecting, but instead performed like the beginning of last season. That's the last thing we wanted to see, and the hope we've had through the entire offseason has been deflated.

I know, it's preseason, but allowing 9 YPC on every down doesn't indicate that we've made the leap.

The problem with this game is that the Texans showed us that they did not step up to playoff status like we were expecting, but instead performed like the beginning of last season. That's the last thing we wanted to see, and the hope we've had through the entire offseason has been deflated.

I know, it's preseason, but allowing 9 YPC on every down doesn't indicate that we've made the leap.

What they showed me is that they didn't "mature" like I thought they did over the last half of last season and offseason. They'll still come out and lay down like dogs and have complete stinkers (ala Raiders game). This team has the talent, but when the hell are they going to grow up? They simply came out tonight and went through the motions. That tells me this team really has a lack of vocal (get in your face) leaders. Tonight they played like the expansion team they were years ago.

Now, don't get me wrong.....I'm not writing the season off, because of this game, but there is a trend forming here. This team always finds a way to have a letdown from the momentum they carried over from the previous season/week. I think we have a lack of "get in your face/held accountable" (Ray Lewis style) leadership on this team.

Last edited:
I saw Inglorious Bastards today, good movie, this game reminded me of it. Unfortunately we played the part of the Nazis pretty much getting.... well, use your imagination, its a Tarantino.

.....well, use your imagination, its a Tarantino.

bruce_willis1.jpg

.....well that's pretty much what it looked like tonight.

PInk slips should be flying all over the place on Monday! Preseason is TRY OUT time, and some of those guys played like they really didn't give a hoot whether they made the team or not! For those who want to eliminate preseason, WELL, now ya know why we have it. 30 or so of those scrubs won't be Texans by the end of the month.

Back