Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Training Camp 2008

Not bad... thanks for the link.
maybe I'll start perusing espn.com/nfl again.
I need to create a script that auto-erases any article that contains the name "Favre" first though...
:)

At t/c.
Bell made a nice off tackle run and preceded to come up gimpy - holding his hammy.

Winston got slowly after one running play but seems to have shaken it off.

Green, Walker & Slaton continue to look good. Taylor is okay. Bell looked good for that one play but has not returned since pulling up lame.

A.J., A.D. and JJ look good. A rookie - d.jenkins - ran an end around for big yds that got oohs and aahs from the fans.

Special teams drills in progress now...
JJ, AD, and SS fielding punts
This is interesting; Zgonina is long snapping.

Offense has ball on 15; AJ already has two TDs and green has run for one but the D is making their share of stops- they just sacked Sage and stuffed Slaton on successive plays. Next play was nearly picked off. Same ole Sage brilliant throws followed by a couple of head-scratchers.

Field goal practice just
finished; Brown was perfect 6 for 6.

The Ones are going at from the 50. Green was stuffed by Greenwood. Bennett was almost beaten deep by Walter... Inc.
Twos up...
Slaton around right end for about 15.
Sage to Dressen for abot 18.
Sage completes an IN for about ten.

Ones up again
Matt to AJ for six, man AJ is in midseason form

Matt looks sharp too-three straight completions on OUTs and hooks...

Moffitt just punched the ball out of Slaton's hands--of course that was after Slaton had burned the defense for 20+

AJ just pulled up lame...
Looks like a groin pull
But he's not on the training table... Looks like he's trying to stretch it out.

Did I mention earlier that Weaver pulled up gimpy too?

Well, thats it for today. Gotta go to HT.com and see what the deal is with AJ

AJ just pulled up lame...
Looks like a groin pull
Heks not on the training table... Looks like he's trying to stretch it out.

Did I mention earlier that Weaver pulled gimpy too?

Well, thats it for today. Gotta go to HT.com and see what the deal is with AJ

:gun:

OK, these updates are getting way too stressful.

I think AJ will be fine he was standing for the meeting after practice . My guess is if it was severe , he'd been carted off .

Darius Walker impressed me more than any RB . I think he sees the cutback lanes better than anyone .

AJ is a beast .

Schaub is a good QB .

:gun:

OK, these updates are getting way too stressful.

well, I figured you guys would want to know
I don't think its serious. Like someone said, if it was bad, they would have taken him in with the cart. I think he was able to stretch it out.

well, I figured you guys would want to know
I don't think its serious. Like someone said, if it was bad, they would have taken him in with the cart. I think he was able to stretch it out.

We do. I didn't have to read it, but I did.

As the report said AJ did not get on the table, he did not get massaged, and he did not get iced, all good signs. But he may miss a little practice time.

About Mike Bell it appeared to be an ankle, he had shown above average speed to get to the sideline, and as he ran down the sideline a little funny step as he went out of bounds. He did not come back to play.

Oh there was one thing I forgot...
the defense was sending a lot of safety and CB blitzes during the final scrimmage. In fact, the reason Demps was covering AJ on the play that he (AJ) pulled his groin, was because Reeves was blitzing. I didn't keep a good count but, thinking back, it looked like the blitzers got in the QB's face at least half the time.

Oh there was one thing I forgot...
the defense was sending a lot of safety and CB blitzes during the final scrimmage. In fact, the reason Demps was covering AJ on the play that he (AJ) pulled his groin, was because Reeves was blitzing. I didn't keep a good count but, thinking back, it looked like the blitzers got in the QB's face at least half the time.

Yep ... I was wondering why the Texans don't wear the red jersey for QBs or they been told not to touch Sage or Shaub .

How bad is the injury to Bell? Who were the two DB that were working out after practice was over?

How bad is the injury to Bell? Who were the two DB that were working out after practice was over?

A.J. said it wasn't too bad...
Link
“I just tweaked my groin a little bit,” Johnson said. “That’s about it. Nothing really major. I’ll go in and get some treatment over the next two days and I’ll be fine.

“I didn’t tear anything or anything like that. It’s hot out here. Sometimes those things happen. You have little tweaks and stuff like that. Other than that, I’m fine. It’s no big deal. I didn’t tear anything. I slowed down actually when I felt it tighten up on me. That was a good thing. Other than that, I don’t think it will be a problem.”

Bell:

Took a handoff, got the corner around the left side - nice run for about fifteen - but then did the hammy grab as he was run out of bounds.

Don't think it's that bad. Maybe a week like Petey and Chaun T.

Sounds like he has bigger issues based on Kubiak's comments... (conditioning)...which sitting out isn't going to help.

My bad....
got A.J. on the brain...

Kubiak said Bell was basically out of shape and tweaked his hammy trying to keep up with the rest of the squad....
link

(on RB Mike Bell’s injury) “He’s got a little hamstring problem. To be honest with you, he’s not in the shape the rest of our football team is and we found that out real fast. He got gassed the first night he was out here. He got gassed earlier today, and he’s not up with our team. Unfortunately, that’s what happens when you bring guys in the middle of camp or stuff. If they’re not in excellent shape, they get exposed in a way very, very quick. I just don’t think he was in very good condition

It sounds like Bell has more problems then just his injury.

yep, he's playing catch up in more ways than one

maybe that's why Benson hasn't been brought in...
could be that his - shall we say lack of intensity or effort on occasion - in Chicago has given him a negative rap... maybe the scouting line on him is that he's lazy.
Smithiak won't put up with lazy.

Injuries are beyond a player's control.
Laziness isn't.

Is it just me, or are we seeing a lot of reports that say the running back "turned the left corner and made a nice run once he got to the edge"?

Curious to know from some of the posters who have been at camp: Are we seeing any significant rushing up the middle (inside) or is it bottled up and forcing guys to go to the edges?

I'm concerned that we're not moving the DL, and it's forcing our RBs to bounce it to the outside a lot. That stuff doesn't work as well in the regular season vs. REAL opponents.

Any eyes out there who can speak on this? Thanks in advance.

Is it just me, or are we seeing a lot of reports that say the running back "turned the left corner and made a nice run once he got to the edge"?

Curious to know from some of the posters who have been at camp: Are we seeing any significant rushing up the middle (inside) or is it bottled up and forcing guys to go to the edges?

I'm concerned that we're not moving the DL, and it's forcing our RBs to bounce it to the outside a lot. That stuff doesn't work as well in the regular season vs. REAL opponents.

Any eyes out there who can speak on this? Thanks in advance.

They were doing both. The bigger backs, Green in particular IMO, were having some success running "up the gut" so to speak. Walker seemed to use the blocking the best and know just when to hit the crease whether it was inside or off-tackle. Slaton was best once he het the edge.

I don't think I ever said anything about RBs "bouncing outside". The guys that hit the edge were doing it on plays designed to go that way. I will say that I saw Walker make a couple of nice runs by cutting back against the grain. But its still a matter of the RBs recognizing where the hole or crease is and hitting it hard.

You other guys who were there might have a different viewpoint but that's what I saw.

They were doing both. The bigger backs, Green in particular IMO, were having some success running "up the gut" so to speak. Walker seemed to use the blocking the best and know just when to hit the crease whether it was inside or off-tackle. Slaton was best once he het the edge.

I don't think I ever said anything about RBs "bouncing outside". The guys that hit the edge were doing it on plays designed to go that way. I will say that I saw Walker make a couple of nice runs by cutting back against the grain. But its still a matter of the RBs recognizing where the hole or crease is and hitting it hard.

You other guys who were there might have a different viewpoint but that's what I saw.

OK. Thanks for the info, obsi.

According to this morning's Chronicle:

1) The Texans are impressed with Tim Carter's speed and as potential kick returner

2) Brisiel (right guard) is getting work at center also for versatility

3) Demeco Ryans is hooked to the hip with Morlon Greenwood and feels that his proximity has allowed him success

4) It could be scary if Turk or K. Brown go down........maybe we'll activate the JUGS machine on game day if one of them goes down.

Me, Jonathan Sandys (great grandson of Sir Winston Churchill) with Kris Brown and his family.
Jonandme014.jpg

Me and rookie CB A. Molden. The heat was getting to be too much for me. Molden was fine.
Jonandme011.jpg

Back