Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

This is what I've done this yr.

IIRC, you mentioned you kept your season tickets, just aren't going to games. Have you been able to sell them for anything on secondary market? Just giving them away for free for a tax deduction? What's the going rate for a ticket before the game this year? $5-$10? More? Less?

I guess running owners out of town is in the DNA of Houston football fans.

Besides Bud Adams, what other owner(s) has been "run out of town"?

And he wasn't really run out of town. Houston refused his extortion attempts and he got played by Drayton McClane.

And Adams later admitted moving the Oilers was his biggest regret in life. If he'd been patient, the Houston Oilers would be calling NRG Stadium home right now.

The McNairs are not going anywhere. This is a golden goose and they know it. :money:

Just what exactly has Easterby done that has brought such wrath down on him? Admittedly I haven't closely followed this topic, it's just not that important or interesting in my opinion. But it sure does have the attention of many here on the forum. Interestingly, there's isn't much, if any, specific details.

Last edited:
IIRC, you mentioned you kept your season tickets, just aren't going to games. Have you been able to sell them for anything on secondary market? Just giving them away for free for a tax deduction? What's the going rate for a ticket before the game this year? $5-$10? More? Less?

I've sold 1 game at 50 bucks a ticket.

I think they were like 117.00 face value.

The rest I've given away to clients.

Just what exactly has Easterby done that has brought such wrath down on him? Admittedly I haven't closely followed this topic, it's just not that important or interesting in my opinion. But it sure does have the attention of many here on the forum. Interestingly, there's isn't much, if any, specific details.
Some people consider it an agenda driven hit piece, but where there is smoke there is fire. Here you go;

Jack Easterby's rise to power and mismanagement of Houston Texans - Sports Illustrated

Some people consider it an agenda driven hit piece, but where there is smoke there is fire. Here you go;

Jack Easterby's rise to power and mismanagement of Houston Texans - Sports Illustrated
This is exactly what it was. This was strictly in retaliation for the Texans firing Amy Palcic. If Palcic had not been fired these character assassinations articles would have never been printed. That said I am no fan of Jack Easterby, he's a cancer that has and will drastically infect the Texans for next 5 years whether he is here or not.

Man am I glad I gave up my season tickets. Cost me a PSL, but tossing more down the dumpster would not have sat well with me. I wonder how many folks left by halftime against the Rams
This is what I've done this yr.
I had given mine up the last year of OBs tenure. I bought them back this year because I got better seats. I bought them knowing we would suck, just not this level of suck. I went to the first game, and nothing since. I have been donating mine, nobody will buy them.
Im not sure I will renew, like I said I finally got better seats and four of my tailgate buddies and wives are all within three rows of each other. So that’s fun.

Thanks for the link.

A rather rambling, disorganized writing style, but managed to skim over it while eating breakfast. It's just my opinion, but it seems there's not much here that should effect the players or play on the field. It just seems to be an internal power struggle in the management/executive suites. Within the fandom realm, only maddenites pay attention to this. Ask a random 100 attendees to a game, how many would even know who Easterby is? And many, and I'm in this group, would be aware of the situation without knowing details; and couldn't care less.

I saw that tidbit about Easterby putting the notes on the player's stools. I'm well aware of this behavior, observing those who would tape such to the wall of their cubicle. Me - immediately goes into the trash.

He's an unqualified and unscrupulous front office executive with tremendous power and leverage within the franchise that is another filter by which all talent must be approved for the appropriate "culture" fit. His job description on the Texans website is directing the "culture of the organization", whatever that means.

This is the crap bad franchises focus on while the great teams devote their energies on talent, schemes, coaching staff, good trainers, etc.

Easterby is the Texans Littlefinger, whose got the ears (and apparently souls) of the McNair family. While some folks perceive so-called "hit piece" with the SI articles, I've been curious about any other front office executive that gets an SI cover story about their unearned rise to power. It doesn't happen very often. And that, combined with statements from respected players to his detriment, should be a cause for concern for any Texans fan. He's toxic. JMO, of course.

2 points here, The Bucs turnaround began almost the same day Vernon Hargreaves was cut and we signed him. I’m not expecting the same turnaround for our team but who know’s?

Second, is that Hargreaves kinda defines the Texans over the past few of seasons, extremely high potential as a 1st round talent, but nowhere near good enough, yet still year after year ending up starting through lack of better talent around him.

Broken play on D? You can bet it’s usually Hargreaves or Lonnie Johnson scrambling back to where they were meant to be on the highlight.

He's an unqualified and unscrupulous front office executive with tremendous power and leverage within the franchise that is another filter by which all talent must be approved for the appropriate "culture" fit. His job description on the Texans website is directing the "culture of the organization", whatever that means.

This is the crap bad franchises focus on while the great teams devote their energies on talent, schemes, coaching staff, good trainers, etc.

Easterby is the Texans Littlefinger, whose got the ears (and apparently souls) of the McNair family. While some folks perceive so-called "hit piece" with the SI articles, I've been curious about any other front office executive that gets an SI cover story about their unearned rise to power. It doesn't happen very often. And that, combined with statements from respected players to his detriment, should be a cause for concern for any Texans fan. He's toxic. JMO, of course.

1635990514764.jpeg
perfect comparison.

Arya-Baelish.gif

What do you all think of MALIK WILLIS QB, Liberty?

Former Auburn QB who didn’t make it and decided to transfer. He chose Liberty but had had to sit for a season. My guess, he was hoping to get back under center sooner by choosing Liberty. His competition hasn’t been great and his season playing at this level has been so-so. He never became Auburn’s QB1 after 2 seasons which led to his transfer. I have my doubts and wouldn’t be comfortable utilizing a RD1 nor a RD2 on MW. He’ll be a developmental QB when he arrives in the NFL.

I wonder if the Texans could claim OBJ and trade him in the off-season for a second or third round pick?

Even if the Browns rework his contract the Texans could threaten to franchise him.

There should be some way to leverage this.

I wonder if the Texans could claim OBJ and trade him in the off-season for a second or third round pick?

Even if the Browns rework his contract the Texans could threaten to franchise him.

There should be some way to leverage this.
Beckham is basically just an $8M rental if the Texans put in the claim (and the Lions don't).

No team will take on his big numbers from next year on.

It maybe possible that the team that claims him (Lions get first shot) can turn around and trade him right away for a contender.
The team might get a late round pick or a pick swap.

But if that's the case (that there's a buyer), the Lions would/should jump on it first.

Beckham is basically just an $8M rental if the Texans put in the claim (and the Lions don't).

It maybe possible that the team that claims him (Lions get first shot) can turn around and trade him right away for a contender.

But if that's the case (that there's a buyer), the Lions would/should jump on it first.
Why could not the Browns trade him?

I honestly don't know.
Maybe the timing was bad.
They just couldn't wait any longer.

The Lions/Texans maybe able to afford to wait a week or three.

A contender may become more desperate as the season goes along, depending on their injury situation.

Former Auburn QB who didn’t make it and decided to transfer. He chose Liberty but had had to sit for a season. My guess, he was hoping to get back under center sooner by choosing Liberty. His competition hasn’t been great and his season playing at this level has been so-so. He never became Auburn’s QB1 after 2 seasons which led to his transfer. I have my doubts and wouldn’t be comfortable utilizing a RD1 nor a RD2 on MW. He’ll be a developmental QB when he arrives in the NFL.
Yeah, we already have one of those.

The “unforgiveable” incident that took place happened too close to the trade deadline. We’ll likely find out just what dust up happened in practice on a future 30 for 30. Like when we found out about how badly the locker room in Philly was divided by the Terrell Owens/Donovan Mcnabb dispute.

I believe part of the release deal will include voiding any remaining years after this season. There will be no opportunity to flip him next year as he will be a FA.

Back