Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

This franchise can't even tank very good. lol :hankpalm:

According to this book about the Patriots dynasty. When Josh McDaniels was going to take the Colts' job, O'Brien wanted to get fired to take the Patriots OC job and then become HC when Belichick retired. So, his people started whispering to the media about his issues with Rick Smith. O'Brien thought the McNairs would side with Smith and fire him. However, in typical McNair fashion, Smith took a leave and O'Brien got more power.

Based on all of the media reports in December 2017, there might be some truth to that book.

Bill O'Brien Reportedly Prepared to Leave Texans If GM Rick Smith Stays | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Report: Bill O'Brien, Rick Smith Have 'Toxic' and 'Dysfunctional' Relationship | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Texans in turmoil: Relationship between coach Bill O'Brien, GM Rick Smith called 'toxic' (houstonchronicle.com)

Tension Between Texans? Rick Smith & Bill O'Brien Beef - YouTube

I figured books would eventually be written, but I never thought this soon.

This is yet another confirmation that the McNair family is so out-of-touch with the franchise they own that they really have no business running an NFL team.

I remember RS sucking at his job for over a decade and his drafting of the Sexual Predator as the main reason the franchise is where it's at today. He's the gift that keeps on giving.

And yet he's still the best GM this franchise has had in two decades.

This franchise can't even tank very good. lol :hankpalm:

I figured books would eventually be written, but I never thought this soon.

This is yet another confirmation that the McNair family is so out-of-touch with the franchise they own that they really have no business running an NFL team.

And yet he's still the best GM this franchise has had in two decades.

All Quoted for truth

The 2nd quote is the truest.

Hopefully Caserio is the real deal and the history of failed GM's will be a thing of the past.

Mills can't find other receivers outside of his no. 1 receiver.
It's not winning football. :brando: :runaway:
I thought the narrative in these parts was targeting a WR1 too much is a bad thing and we have to closely monitor the percentage of targets thrown among the WR group.

Until last year. I never heard fans complain about targeting a HOF or great WR1 too much. Even Cowboys fans would never say they targeted Michael Irvin too much and need to throw more to Alvin Harper.

Last edited:
I thought the narrative in these parts was targeting a WR1 too much is a bad thing and we have to closely monitor the percentage of targets thrown among the WR group.

Until last year. I never heard fans complain about targeting a HOF or great WR1 too much. Even Cowboys fans would never say they targeted Michael Irvin too much and need to throw more to Alvin Harper.

Get back to me in Mills yr 4.

Aikman also targeted Novacek on 3rd downs and in the RZ.

He targeted Harper enough to get him paid by Tampa and even threw the ball to Smith some. In other words, he targeted Irvin the most but spread the ball around.

Get back to me in Mills yr 4.

Aikman also targeted Novacek on 3rd downs and in the RZ.

He targeted Harper enough to get him paid by Tampa and even threw the ball to Smith some. In other words, he targeted Irvin the most but spread the ball around.
You're moving the goal posts. When you were going through the "targeting a WR1 too much is bad and take away the blankey" stage, you ignored the targets to the TEs and RBs in your evaluation. You focused strictly on the percentage of the targets to the WR group.

Good to see you finally coming around that you have to take all receiving targets into consideration.

Last edited:
You're moving the goal posts. When you were going through the "targeting a WR1 too much is bad and take away the blankey" stage, you ignored the targets to the TEs and RBs in your evaluation. You focused strictly on the percentage of the targets to the WR group.

Good to see you finally coming around that you have to take all receiving targets into consideration.

I've always taken into account all receiving targets and actually cut the Pervert a break his 1st couple of yrs in the league because I thought he would learn. I didn't realize how dumb he really is.

Just like I will give Mills or any other rookie QB a break on this.

When Cunningham was drafted, I thought based on his speed and height, pass coverage would be his strength and he would struggle in run support. Fast forward five years later and he is one of the worst tackling LBs I've ever seen and his pass coverage has been less than impressive. Go figure.

Another in a long line of RS failed picks after the 1st rd.

And to think BOB paid this guy a big 2nd contract.

The incompetence is sickening.

Hopefully Caserio can rectify this type of incompetence.

How many of you guys are wearing sleeves right now? I've been seeing Texans coaches in Texas... Houston Texas wearing sleeves & it's just not making sense to me.

That was 5 hours ago

When Cunningham was drafted, I thought based on his speed and height, pass coverage would be his strength and he would struggle in run support. Fast forward five years later and he is one of the worst tackling LBs I've ever seen and his pass coverage has been less than impressive. Go figure.

So you're saying we should give Cunningham a top 5 LB contract?

Signed,
Bill O'Brien
Another in a long line of RS failed picks after the 1st rd.

And to think BOB paid this guy a big 2nd contract.

The incompetence is sickening.

Hopefully Caserio can rectify this type of incompetence.
We'll see in about 3-4 years.
Wasn't it Caserio who restructured Cunningham's contract moving $7.5 million to future years? I wouldn't say this is rectifying incompetence. I would this is continued incompetence.

You're assuming... LOL

FYI, last year, Fuller and Cooks took turn as the leader in targets in the games they played together.
They twice tied for that lead in a game.
And Randall Cobb was the top target once.
Regardless of how I feel about Watson personally numbers are numbers & Watson put up very good numbers in 2020.

2020 stats: 16 games | 70.2% | 4,823 pass yds | 8.9 ypa | 33 pass TD | 7 INT | 444 rush yds | 3 rush TD | 3 fumbles lost

Wasn't it Caserio who restructured Cunningham's contract moving $7.5 million to future years? I wouldn't say this is rectifying incompetence. I would this is continued incompetence.

Let's see what happens with Cunningham before we judge.

What Caserio did was minor compared to BOB.

Let's see what happens with Cunningham before we judge.

What Caserio did was minor compared to BOB.
The fact that Caserio has mortgaged over $30 million from future salary caps to sign the over the hill gang to one or two year contracts and traded away future draft picks has only made the Texans future weaker, not better or stronger. Regardless of what BOB did or didn't do.

The fact that Caserio has mortgaged over $30 million from future salary caps to sign the over the hill gang to one or two year contracts and traded away future draft picks has only made the Texans future weaker, not better or stronger. Regardless of what BOB did or didn't do.
And we know why he did it. To make Kyle think the team would be competitive this season. Which was ridiculous on its face. The dysfunction is still there.

All of the bad players/contracts will be cleared cleared off of the books within 2 yrs, which is the timeline that the team should be adding FA's to the young drafted core group and the few existing players like Cooks/Omenihu/Collins X 2/Tunsil/ Hopefully Reid etc...

If they hit on Mills or find another franchise QB through trade or FA/Draft then by yr 3 they should be a really good team if Caserio drafts/FA well

And we know why he did it. To make Kyle think the team would be competitive this season. Which was ridiculous on its face. The dysfunction is still there.
To be fair, when he did all that he was trying to make his QB think this is a competitive team.

I doubt he would go to such lengths to convince Kyle. He’d simply tell Kyle what his opinion should be.

To be fair, when he did all that he was trying to make his QB think this is a competitive team.

I doubt he would go to such lengths to convince Kyle. He’d simply tell Kyle what his opinion should be.

People conveniently forget that there was a point this off season before all the allegations started slowballing that they were still trying to convince Watson that this is where he wanted to be. We can debate the futility of their efforts, but they were efforting nonetheless.

So... Zach Cunningham isn’t going to play this week. Who are our three starting LBs?

KGH, Kirksey, ??

Back