Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans random thought of the day

@JB - good deal invest in the veneers that way you never lose them! I'll try not to use those ugly, 4 letter words that make you feel all funny inside mmkay. ORRRRRRRR you could just ignore me?

No words you ever use make me feel 'all funny inside' kid... mmkay?

Wow this thread has taken a turn for the worse.

TK just cleaned it all up …. I clicked to do it myself but he was half a second faster.

You guys know how to use the report feature - just click the button when you see inappropriate content / behavior and we'll take care of it.

People will either get with the program or …. get tired of getting deleted / put in time out.

Does anyone else throw up in their mouth when David Carr is announced as a Super Bowl winning QB?

I hate seeing him as an analyst telling us what good qb's do and are. Dude has no business in that field. If they just used him to describe what bad QB play is he'd be an expert.

I don't throw up a lil in my mouth, it hits my toes.

For all you PFF people...........this article seems to only include ranks 50 thru 101. Reader at #52 and Watson at #87.

The top 101 players from the 2019 NFL season
BY SAM MONSONFEB 4, 2020
What the article said about Watson:-
"At his best, Deshaun Watson belongs maybe 50 places or so higher on this list, but he still remains prone to occasional disastrous games. His three worst games all featured PFF grades in the 40.0s, but no other game was worse than 60.0, and he had six games of 80.0 or more. Watson also has more on his shoulders than almost any other quarterback, so a degree of inconsistency is to be expected. When kept clean, Watson had an adjusted completion percentage of 81.2% and is one of the most exciting players in the league to watch."
They had higher praise for Reader.

What the article said about Watson:-
"At his best, Deshaun Watson belongs maybe 50 places or so higher on this list, but he still remains prone to occasional disastrous games. His three worst games all featured PFF grades in the 40.0s, but no other game was worse than 60.0, and he had six games of 80.0 or more. Watson also has more on his shoulders than almost any other quarterback, so a degree of inconsistency is to be expected. When kept clean, Watson had an adjusted completion percentage of 81.2% and is one of the most exciting players in the league to watch."
They had higher praise for Reader.

I find that a curious statement on the part of PFF. You would undoubtedly be able to show many players in the same light if you chose to cherry pick.

I find that a curious statement on the part of PFF. You would undoubtedly be able to show many players in the same light if you chose to cherry pick.

Fact is he had 10 good games and 7 bad games, including the last month of the season. It appears DC's have figured out what DW4 likes to do. Can he adjust his game? I dont think so but would love to be wrong.

MATT FLYNN is the first name that comes to mind :laughjump: :laughjump:

Never heard of him.

& I don't mean that literally. David Carr is on NFLN every day with the tag "Super Bowl winning QB" & some of us think it's funny.

Matt Flynn dropped off the face of the earth.

Never heard of him.

& I don't mean that literally. David Carr is on NFLN every day with the tag "Super Bowl winning QB" & some of us think it's funny.

Matt Flynn dropped off the face of the earth.
Well, he is a Super Bowl champion. I guess the more accolades they can promote, the more marketable he is. Same with Jesse Palmer. Only reason he’s so big as a reporter now is because he was on the Bachelor.

Well, he is a Super Bowl champion. I guess the more accolades they can promote, the more marketable he is. Same with Jesse Palmer. Only reason he’s so big as a reporter now is because he was on the Bachelor.

No, it's because he's Carson's brother, was a mediocre player himself and has conducted camps and done some teaching... Watson for one

No, it's because he's Carson's brother, was a mediocre player himself and has conducted camps and done some teaching... Watson for one
LOL, the fact he was on the Bachelor ABSOLUTELY has something to do with his popularity.

incredulous.gif

From John McClain's mailbag:

Q: Money was given as the reason the Texans didn’t re-sign Duane Brown, Jadeveon Clowney and Tyrann Mathieu. What is the real reason we didn’t keep three really good players we badly needed? — Joe W.

A: Brown wanted his deal redone with two years left. Rick Smith, the GM at the time, had a policy of extending contracts with one year left if he believed the players earned it. He set a precedent by redoing Andre Johnson and J.J. Watt with multiple years left but wouldn’t do it for anyone else. Brown held out, demanded and got a trade to Seattle. The Texans refused to pay Clowney more than $100 million, so O’Brien shipped him to the Seahawks. Mathieu made $7 million in his only season here. The Texans offered him $11 million a year, and the Chiefs gave him $14 million a year, and he helped them win a Super Bowl.

What McClain did not report is that Mathieu's agent related that Mathieu actually wanted to stay in Houston with the offer that his client wanted to sign for a friendly $11 million/yr..........during the 2018 season. But Gaine would never return the call, maintaining previous policy of no negotiating during the regular season. That was one of several factors involved in Gaine being fired. After the season, the Texans said that they were willing to accept what the agent was seeking. However, by that time, the Chiefs had already offered the $14 million, making the Mathieu camp's decision easy.

Last edited:
From John McClain's mailbag:

Q: Money was given as the reason the Texans didn’t re-sign Duane Brown, Jadeveon Clowney and Tyrann Mathieu. What is the real reason we didn’t keep three really good players we badly needed? — Joe W.

A: Brown wanted his deal redone with two years left. Rick Smith, the GM at the time, had a policy of extending contracts with one year left if he believed the players earned it. He set a precedent by redoing Andre Johnson and J.J. Watt with multiple years left but wouldn’t do it for anyone else. Brown held out, demanded and got a trade to Seattle. The Texans refused to pay Clowney more than $100 million, so O’Brien shipped him to the Seahawks. Mathieu made $7 million in his only season here. The Texans offered him $11 million a year, and the Chiefs gave him $14 million a year, and he helped them win a Super Bowl.

What McClain did not report is that Mathieu's agent related that Mathieu actually wanted to stay in Houston with the offer that his client wanted to sign for a friendly $11 million/yr..........during the 2018 season. But Gaine would never return the call, maintaining previous policy of no negotiating during the regular season. That was one of several factors involved in Gaine being fired. After the season, the Texans said that they were willing to accept what the agent was seeking. However, by that time, the Chiefs had already offered the $14 million, making the Mathieu camp's decision easy.

Its interesting that you mention Gaine not returning the call. I heard from a friend in the organization that the Chiefs offered the same package for Clowney that they offered Seattle for Clark. Gaine waited too long and KC moved onto the Clark deal. That first and second would’ve made the Tunsil trade much easier to swallow

Its interesting that you mention Gaine not returning the call. I heard from a friend in the organization that the Chiefs offered the same package for Clowney that they offered Seattle for Clark. Gaine waited too long and KC moved onto the Clark deal. That first and second would’ve made the Tunsil trade much easier to swallow
I heard that package was offered also, but don't remember from where.

If that's true, then the Gaine firing makes sense.

But then makes even less sense of what BOB eventually traded him for.

If that's true, then the Gaine firing makes sense.

But then makes even less sense of what BOB eventually traded him for.

Timing is everything in life and the Texans org royally screwed this one up. If Gaine had done the Clowney deal, the Tunsil deal would've been more palatable. This doesn't even take into acct Cal/Gaine and his stupid rule screwing up the Mathieu signing.

Back