Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans picks all rounds 2022

IMO I don't see Thibodeaux being a good fit for Lovie's 4-3 defense. Thibodeaux is more effective standing up as a 5 or 7 technique OLB in a 3 - 4 defense than he is with his hand in the dirt 4-3 DE.

My thoughts are Edges are edge whether 3-4 or 4-3 because of the amount of time spent in so-called Nickle defense in the pros. Most games teams spend at least 60% on some form of nickle/dime package and often up 80%.

IMO I don't see Thibodeaux being a good fit for Lovie's 4-3 defense. Thibodeaux is more effective standing up as a 5 or 7 technique OLB in a 3 - 4 defense than he is with his hand in the dirt 4-3 DE.
After the Combine today I wouldn't not draft Thibodeaux with a 1st or 2nd rd pick. The rumors of a lack of being motivated are proving to be true.

My thoughts are Edges are edge whether 3-4 or 4-3 because of the amount of time spent in so-called Nickle defense in the pros. Most games teams spend at least 60% on some form of nickle/dime package and often up 80%.
If only Lovie thought that way.

do you see KT lining up at DL or LB in Lovie’s defense? I’m thinking LB

before i look it up , what happen in your eye view
After running the 40 and apparently not to his satisfaction he packed up, said he was done and left the Combine. Said he would do all the drills at his pro day. He had told everyone before the Combine he was going to do everything at the Combine and was looking forward to it and showing everyone what he could do. He certainly has generated a lot of negative press because of his actions.

After running the 40 and apparently not to his satisfaction he packed up, said he was done and left the Combine. Said he would do all the drills at his pro day. He had told everyone before the Combine he was going to do everything at the Combine and was looking forward to it and showing everyone what he could do. He certainly has generated a lot of negative press because of his actions.

and a guy who was 3/4 ranked as edge in the draft Travon Walker went full smooth athlete freak show.

If only Lovie thought that way.

do you see KT lining up at DL or LB in Lovie’s defense? I’m thinking LB

KT would be DE. He’s Simeon Rice in Lovie’s defense.

KT would be DE. He’s Simeon Rice in Lovie’s defense.

I’m not seeing many snaps with a hand on the ground. So it sounds like he’ll be doing something totally different than what he did in college & leaves you hoping on a lot of projection.

Or, Lovie has to change his defense because KT looks more like Vin Miller to me.

After the Combine today I wouldn't not draft Thibodeaux with a 1st or 2nd rd pick.
That's an absurd take.
and a guy who was 3/4 ranked as edge in the draft Travon Walker went full smooth athlete freak show.
Check the production between the two.
Yeah, the Travon Walker Show may've been a contributing factor to Thibodeaux's decision to depart early.
So we prefer the workout warriors now? Walker wasn't among the top 3 defenders on his team.

Check the production between the two.

So we prefer the workout warriors now? Walker wasn't among the top 3 defenders on his team.
A couple of points;

Walker played against much tougher competition.

Walker lined up against best player each game ie. Evan Neal X2.

Walker dropped regularly into coverage.

Walker played in Georgia system that limited his ability to improvise.

Walker 2nd in sacks 6.0 vs 6.5

Walker #1 in QBH 32 vs 30.

LB and S are going to be the leaders in Tackles. LBs Dean and Smith 72 and 56 tackles. Walker 3rd , leading DL with 37.

Walker 4th in TFL 7.5, LB Dean leader with 10.5

Walker played on defense of All-Stars. They spread the wealth around.

Georgia is loaded with top recruits, rotated personnel regularly, more so than most. Reducing snap counts.

Jordan Davis was a 2 down DL. Two words to explain; Jalen Carter.

Last edited:
I see a lot of excuses there for a lack of production.

Walker played on defense of All-Stars.
Meaning Walker was never double or triple teamed and was not the focus of the blocking scheme. Walker was never the man. Thibodeaux was the man when he first stepped on a college field.

Meaning Walker was never double or triple teamed and was not the focus of the blocking scheme. Walker was never the man. Thibodeaux was the man when he first stepped on a college field.
Walker saw plenty of chips by the TE.

If Walker and Thibodeaux changed teams, I expect Walker's stats would've exploded off the charts and Thibodeaux would've been a backup on that Georgia D. Walker can play anyone of the front 7 positions. Thibodeaux is pretty much a standup 5 technique OLB.

If Walker and Thibodeaux changed teams, I expect Walker's stats would've exploded off the charts and Thibodeaux would've been a backup on that Georgia D.
So you're making a high draft pick based off pure speculation? If your Aunt had nuts...

So you're making a high draft pick based off pure speculation? If your Aunt had nuts...
Nope, I would be making a draft pick based on post #214:
Walker played against much tougher competition.

Walker lined up against best player each game ie. Evan Neal X2.

Walker dropped regularly into coverage.

Walker played in Georgia system that limited his ability to improvise.

Walker 2nd in sacks 6.0 vs 6.5

Walker #1 in QBH 32 vs 30.

LB and S are going to be the leaders in Tackles. LBs Dean and Smith 72 and 56 tackles. Walker 3rd , leading DL with 37.

Walker 4th in TFL 7.5, LB Dean leader with 10.5

Walker played on defense of All-Stars. They spread the wealth around.

Georgia is loaded with top recruits, rotated personnel regularly, more so than most. Reducing snap counts.

Walker was an integral key player with the #1 defense.

So Thibodeaux had to carry the defense and play the entire game. That's become a negative?

This reminds me of the Tua vs. Herbert debates a couple of years ago. Tua won a national championship. Tua had top recruits all around him. Herbert struggled to carry the team.

Who's struggling now?

So Thibodeaux had to carry the defense and play the entire game. That's become a negative?

This reminds me of the Tua vs. Herbert debates a couple of years ago. Tua won a national championship. Tua had top recruits all around him. Herbert struggled to carry the team.

Who's struggling now?
I just watched for the 3rd time, Jayvon Thibodeaux have a temper tantrum and decided to take his ball and go home. Coming into the Combine there was talk of him taking plays off and a lackadaisical approach to his craft ala Clowney. His pouting session only goes to confirming the negatives and rumors.

I don't know about Tua and Herbert we are talking about Thibodeaux. After watching the Combine and seeing Thibodeaux's attitude first hand I said there are players I would rather draft in RDs 1 and 2 ahead of Thibodeaux. You took exception to that and have gone to great lengths to defend you guy. That's how we got we got to where we are. I think your man crush on Thibodeaux is only exceeded be @steelbtexan man love for Caserio.

Your arguments are beginning to sound a lot like those from the Kool Aid Brigade.

I just watched for the 3rd time, Jayvon Thibodeaux have a temper tantrum and decided to take his ball and go home.
It's combine drills. Every year there are guys who skip these drills and wait for their pro days. Did you poo poo all of those guys? Chase Young did zip at the combine. You thought he was a 3rd rounder?

Don’t think anyone would argue Thibodeaux hurt his draft stock by quitting and walking out of the Combine.
But it only takes one war room to turn the card in. Those would be real quiet right about now and just let the media run with it, increasing their odds he falls to them.

On the flip side, he may turn into hired gun to the highest bidder over his career and carve him up some real strong sack numbers, until eventually he winds up on a Super Bowl contender like Von Miller.

If the Texans go defense on #3, I'd vote for Davis or Walker over Thibodeaux

I am becoming increasingly interested in Davis over the edge rushers. For two reasons:

1) I don’t see Hutch/Thib as future superstars like JJ Watt became.

2) I can see Davis becoming a superstar new era Ted Washington/Haloti Ngata. Someone who has the size and athleticism to rewrite the script on how offenses have to gameplan because he can push any OL into the QB or RB’s lap if left single blocked (which allows the LBs to run free and increases their production as well).

But I am still team Neal/Ekwonu at 3. But Davis is about tied up with Hamilton for the next option.

Don’t think anyone would argue Thibodeaux hurt his draft stock by quitting and walking out of the Combine
Thibodeaux didn't walk out. He stayed and watched his group workout. He hung out with Willie McGinest during the drills.

The media likes to create narratives and fans like to run with them. Some teams may not like Thibodeaux. Some teams probably do. But, they aren't taking their cues from the media. And don't forget the agent dynamic. Agents create rumors and feed the media. We've seen that plenty over the past year here in Houston. This has been going on for decades at the draft.

We'll know who likes who at the draft.

Thibodeaux didn't walk out. He stayed and watched his group workout. He hung out with Willie McGinest during the drills.

The media likes to create narratives and fans like to run with them. Some teams may not like Thibodeaux. Some teams probably do. But, they aren't taking their cues from the media. And don't forget the agent dynamic. Agents create rumors and feed the media. We've seen that plenty over the past year here in Houston. This has been going on for decades at the draft.

We'll know who likes who at the draft.

Players have skipped certain workouts, drills or the entire combine every year. Media narrative is higher than it used to be since the combine is televised. But its just another of the many smokescreens that have been around with the draft always. Much ado about nothing imo.

I can see Davis becoming a superstar new era Ted Washington/Haloti Ngata.
Who is Davis' comp in today's NFL? Can he impact the interior of the line like an Aaron Donald? Because Davis hasn't in college. Donald did. Davis is tough at the LOS and that has value. But, he doesn't live in the backfield, and that's where guys drafted in the top 10 make their $$$.

Who is Davis' comp in today's NFL? Can he impact the interior of the line like an Aaron Donald? Because Davis hasn't in college. Donald did. Davis is tough at the LOS and that has value. But, he doesn't live in the backfield, and that's where guys drafted in the top 10 make their $$$.

Obvious comps would be Ted Washington, Haloti Ngata and Vince Wilfork. But Davis’ measurables blow them out of the water. Hard to have a comp for a player who hasn’t appeared in the league yet. But if he could have a career similar to those players, even without the pass rush threat, he’d have a fine career for himself and elevate his teams. All those players were 1st round picks and multi time all pros. Ngata went highest at 12 but again, Davis has the best measurables of the bunch and that combined with no top tier QBs could be enough to bump him into the top of the draft.

It's combine drills. Every year there are guys who skip these drills and wait for their pro days. Did you poo poo all of those guys? Chase Young did zip at the combine. You thought he was a 3rd rounder?
The difference is Thibodeaux was making the rounds at his Combine presser and media interviews telling anyone and everyone that he was going to do everything at the Combine because he wanted show what he could do.

Also, I don't recall Chase or the others coming in to the Combine with questions about their maturity, work ethic, taking plays off and needing to prove the rumors are wrong, but instead behaves in a manner that only reinforces the rumor accusations.

The difference is Thibodeaux was making the rounds at his Combine presser and media interviews telling anyone and everyone that he was going to do everything at the Combine because he wanted show what he could do.
So that drops Thibodeaux to the 3rd round? Come on. Just admit your exaggeration and move on.

So that drops Thibodeaux to the 3rd round? Come on. Just admit your exaggeration and move on.
I'll admit that just like Clowney, I believed the Spurrier comments that confirmed rumors of Clowney being the last in, first out. I believe Thibodeaux shot himself in the foot and acted out just like diva he thinks he is. He displayed an attitude that raises major questions about being a good teammate and distraction in the locker room. It's more about Kayvon. That's what the Combine is all about, discovering the good and the bad of the players attending. Thibodeaux showed his bad more than he showed his good.

I don't know where that drops him, but I know there are players I would draft in the first and second rounds before I would draft Thibodeaux. Lastly personality aside, Thibodeaux is a 3 - 4 OLB that doesn't fit well with Lovie's 4 -3 D.

Last edited:
Obvious comps would be Ted Washington, Haloti Ngata and Vince Wilfork. But Davis’ measurables blow them out of the water. Hard to have a comp for a player who hasn’t appeared in the league yet. But if he could have a career similar to those players, even without the pass rush threat, he’d have a fine career for himself and elevate his teams. All those players were 1st round picks and multi time all pros. Ngata went highest at 12 but again, Davis has the best measurables of the bunch and that combined with no top tier QBs could be enough to bump him into the top of the draft.

A bigger more athletic Vea.

Lastly personality aside, Thibodeaux is a 3 - 4 OLB that doesn't fit well with Lovie's 4 -3 D.
As many have said here, that's not really a thing anymore. Teams spend more than 50% of snaps in nickel. Can Thibodeaux set the edge? Yes. Then he can play for Lovie.

Also, I don't recall Chase or the others coming in to the Combine with questions about their maturity, work ethic, taking plays off and needing to prove the rumors are wrong, but instead behaves in a manner that only reinforces the rumor accusations.

The Calhoun's just got rid of a bunch of guys like Thibodeaux. No need for Caserio to put the franchise through that again.

Give me Sam Williams at 37 instead of Thibodeaux at 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit that just like Clowney, I believed the Spurrier comments that confirmed rumors of Clowney being the last in, first out. I believe Thibodeaux shot himself in the foot and acted out just like diva he thinks he is. He displayed an attitude that raises major questions about being a good teammate and distraction in the locker room. That's what the Combine is all about, discovering the good and the bad of the players attending. Thibodeaux showed his bad more than he showed his good.

I don't know where that drops him, but I know there are players I would draft in the first and second rounds before I would draft Thibodeaux. Lastly personality aside, Thibodeaux is a 3 - 4 OLB that doesn't fit well with Lovie's 4 -3 D.
Thibodeaux has already talked about furthering his brand before the combine or playing a down of NFL football.

Pass

As many have said here, that's not really a thing anymore. Teams spend more than 50% of snaps in nickel. Can Thibodeaux set the edge? Yes. Then he can play for Lovie.
Doesn't really matter, whether nickel or dime, that's 5 DBs or more than 5 DBs. Regardless Lovie will still rely and stay in his 4-man front. Teams still remain in their basic formation more than 60% of the time which is still a lot of displacement for a 3 -4 OLB playing in a 4 - 3 D.

How does any of that mitigate his playing ability?

He missed games from injury and seems to have a me 1st attitude.

This should be what Caserio avoids since the South Carolina/Clemson trash will be washed out of the doors on Kirby soon enough. This has nothing to do with ability, this has to do with guys that put football 1st. That's not Thibodeaux. I can name 4 or 5 guys I like better in the 2nd rd than Thibodeaux at 1-3. That doesn't even take into account the 4-5 guys I like more than Thibodeaux at 1-3.

He missed games from injury and seems to have a me 1st attitude.

This should be what Caserio avoids since the South Carolina/Clemson trash will be washed out of the doors on Kirby soon enough. This has nothing to do with ability, this has to do with guys that put football 1st. That's not Thibodeaux. I can name 4 or 5 guys I like better in the 2nd rd than Thibodeaux at 1-3. That doesn't even take into account the 4-5 guys I like more than Thibodeaux at 1-3.
Kinda coming off like a Texans Worthy guy.

Back