Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans in the playoffs at 9-7

panamamyers

Waterboy
This is the way I see it.

We win our last four.

Jacksonville loses to Tennessee this weekend and Dallas beats Indy.

Houston 5-7
Jax 6-6
Ten 6-6
Indy 6-6

Tennessee beats Indy, Jax beats Raiders

Houston 6-7
Jax 7-6
Indy 6-7
Ten 7-6

Jax loses to Indy, we beat Ten

Houston 7-7
Jax 7-7
Indy 7-7
Ten 7-7

Jacksonville beats Redskins, Colts beat Raiders, Titans lose to Chiefs

Houston 8-7
Jax 8-7
Colts 8-7
Ten 7-8

Indianapolis beats Tennessee, we beat Jax

Houston 9-7
Jax 8-8
Colts 9-7
Ten 7-9

Colts 3-3 in division, Texans 4-2

See you guys in Dallas.

suicide.gif

I said they were a 7-9 team before the season started.

I dont see them beating the Ravens. But if they do then the Jags game will be for all of the marbles.

And they will be a 1 and done playoff team. You will never be able to beat teams in the playoof with a defense this bad. IMHO

Just face facts the Texans aren't a good team and will be lucky to make the playoffs. But hey they had a winning record last yr. LOL

Last edited:

We win our last four.

Houston 5-7
Jax 6-6
Ten 6-6
Indy 6-6

Houston 6-7
Jax 7-6
Indy 6-7
Ten 7-6

Houston 7-7
Jax 7-7
Indy 7-7
Ten 7-7

Houston 8-7
Jax 8-7
Colts 8-7
Ten 7-8

Houston 9-7
Jax 8-8
Colts 9-7
Ten 7-9

See you guys in Dallas.

There's where the problem is. No one can realistically think that will happen. Every given Sunday, of course - but the Titans are not in a good way right now (which is a good consolation prize for a disappointing season).

So does this equate to a 1% chance of getting into the playoffs? Cool, I'll take it. Better than being mathematically eliminated. We don't deserve the playoffs after how atrocious our defensive performance has been.

Look at the Colt's remaining schedule:

at Tennessee
Jacksonville
at Oakland
Tennessee

This is the Jaguar's remaining schedule:

Oakland
at Indianapolis
Washington
at Houston

And then look at our remaining schedule. 'nuff said.

Ravens will beat us especially cuz we like to embarrass ourselves all the time on MNF. The tits game is up in the air depending on who QB's for the tits. Denver can throw which spells disaster for our Defense. Jax always gives us problems no matter how good/crappy they are. 6-10 or 7-9 at best.

OP: We can still save it!

ER nurse: The season is gone... you can stop with the chest compressions.

OP: No! NOOOOOOO!

ER nurse: Please. Stop. Just let the season go.

OP: I can't! We have to keep trying to find a way to bring it back!

ER nurse: Really? It's been dead for weeks. Just let it go.....

If they do, you should totally bump this thread. You'll have tons of crow to serve. I'll put my name on it. There's no way the Texans make the playoffs. Would gladly come back and discuss my non-belief in the hometown team and how misplaced it is.

I don't know about making the playoffs, but I do think they'll go undefeated here on out. Because that's what they do. When they think playoffs are out of the question, they start to win games... And give us fans hope that next season will finally be The Season!

I said they were a 7-9 team before the season started.

I dont see them beating the Ravens. But if they do then the Jags game will be for all of the marbles.

And they will be a 1 and done playoff team. You will never be able to beat teams in the playoof with a defense this bad. IMHO

Just face facts the Texans aren't a good team and will be lucky to make the playoffs. But hey they had a winning record last yr. LOL

do you mean 7-9 as a 6-10 to 8-8 team?

or 7-9 as a 7-9 to 9-7 team?

I thought they were (are) a 9-7 team....... 8-8 to 10-6.

With Tennesse on our schedule (& the Jags)....

And the RAvens.....

It would still be an accomplishment for these Texans to go undefeated. Especially if the Ravens win their division.

After the Texans lose on MNF to the Ravens, there will be another thread diagramming playoff scenarios for the Texans. It will probably include a couple of charter jet crashes.

Patriots
Dolphins
Steelers
Bears
Bills

Not one "easy" game on the schedule. Miami & the Bills may look like "wins" & I agree, but the Jets are going to have to fight for each one.

They also have no gimmies'

edit: sorry........ didn't see the word "charter"

Last edited:
its a slim chance but if we follow suit from the last few yrs and win out, i do like the fact that we have tiebreakers over every other afc south team at 9-7 no matter their results. its forcing indy (who is really the only team thats likely to go 10-6) to go 4-1 over the last 5 games... and indy havent been looking so hot lately either

like i said its not a great chance but its no worse than the jets chances at this time last yr. might as well hope for the unlikely in the last month instead of packing it in for the yr

We win our last four.

Houston 5-7
Jax 6-6
Ten 6-6
Indy 6-6

Houston 6-7
Jax 7-6
Indy 6-7
Ten 7-6

Houston 7-7
Jax 7-7
Indy 7-7
Ten 7-7

Houston 8-7
Jax 8-7
Colts 8-7
Ten 7-8

Houston 9-7
Jax 8-8
Colts 9-7
Ten 7-9

See you guys in Dallas.

airplane7.jpg

"Surely you can't be serious."

"Oh, I am serious. And don't call me Shirley."

We win our last four.

Houston 5-7
Jax 6-6
Ten 6-6
Indy 6-6

Houston 6-7
Jax 7-6
Indy 6-7
Ten 7-6

Houston 7-7
Jax 7-7
Indy 7-7
Ten 7-7

Houston 8-7
Jax 8-7
Colts 8-7
Ten 7-8

Houston 9-7
Jax 8-8
Colts 9-7
Ten 7-9

See you guys in Dallas.

That reminds me.
Kids, don't smoke crack!

What about this defense makes you think they can beat anybody, much less run the table? I get being behind your team, but at least don't do it blindly.

Love the Texans, will continue to support them, but they're done in 2010 and have been for a while.

like i said its not a great chance but its no worse than the jets chances at this time last yr. might as well hope for the unlikely in the last month instead of packing it in for the yr

We'd have to quit our internet bitching to do that. And what's the chances of that? :lol:

HELL FREEZES OVER.

We win our last four.

Houston 5-7
Jax 6-6
Ten 6-6
Indy 6-6

Houston 6-7
Jax 7-6
Indy 6-7
Ten 7-6

Houston 7-7
Jax 7-7
Indy 7-7
Ten 7-7

Houston 8-7
Jax 8-7
Colts 8-7
Ten 7-8

Houston 9-7
Jax 8-8
Colts 9-7
Ten 7-9

See you guys in Dallas.

Fixed it for ya.

I hate to say it but I kinda hope we don't make it to the playoffs ... that might save jobs that don't deserve to be saved. (Kubiak and Bush) especially bush .... Ok maybe what I really hope is that playoffs or not both or at least bush is gone next year

Bill COWER FOR PRESIDENT!!!

I hate to say it but I kinda hope we don't make it to the playoffs ... that might save jobs that don't deserve to be saved. (Kubiak and Bush) especially bush .... Ok maybe what I really hope is that playoffs or not both or at least bush is gone next year

Cool fan there, hoping we don't make the playoffs, lol.

Weren't you the same guy that said Schaub was the worst QB in the league and you'd take nearly any qb in the league over him? :kubepalm::kubepalm::kubepalm::mariopalm:

What does it matter? Even if we did squeak into the playoffs, we are no where close to competing for the SB. Getting into the playoffs would mean we play ONE more game and chance losing a key player to a permanent injury. The season is toast and with our D, we would just be fodder for some team to get a buy through the post season.
FIRE BUSH, FIRE KUBIAK!

What does it matter? Even if we did squeak into the playoffs, we are no where close to competing for the SB. Getting into the playoffs would mean we play ONE more game and chance losing a key player to a permanent injury. The season is toast and with our D, we would just be fodder for some team to get a buy through the post season.
FIRE BUSH, FIRE KUBIAK!

are the eagles, jets, colts and chargers not SB contenders? and we gave those all good games. jesus you'd swear we were getting blown out every game.

I don't hate Kubiak enough, or love Cowher enough to want my team to miss the play-offs.

Outside chance & everything, they still need to do their best & win as many as they can. That's the difference between a 9-7 team & a 4-10 team.

Now you know how I feel, in regards to fans that are willing to continue accepting the mediocrity of this coaching staff.

There are still 4 games on the schedule. Baltimore, I think is important & so are the two division games.

We beat Indy & KC..... I think those are the only teams with winning records that we beat......

We lost to Indy, NYGiants, Chargers, Jags, NYJets, & Philly....

Even if we sneak into the play-offs from here, McNair has enough ammo to fire Kubiak if that's what he wants to do.

It has nothing to do with accepting mediocrity. It's about wanting to see our team win.

There are still 4 games on the schedule. Baltimore, I think is important & so are the two division games.

We beat Indy & KC..... I think those are the only teams with winning records that we beat......

We lost to Indy, NYGiants, Chargers, Jags, NYJets, & Philly....

Even if we sneak into the play-offs from here, McNair has enough ammo to fire Kubiak if that's what he wants to do.

It has nothing to do with accepting mediocrity. It's about wanting to see our team win.

If we do make the playoffs (which I am always hoping for-I can't bring myself to root against the Texans) do you really think any amount of "ammo" would drive McNair to fire Kubs??
I sure don't.

If we do make the playoffs (which I am always hoping for-I can't bring myself to root against the Texans) do you really think any amount of "ammo" would drive McNair to fire Kubs??
I sure don't.

Who knows. But getting into the play-offs is such a crap shoot. If the AFC South has gone to **** & you can win the division at 9-7 (even 10-6)... I just think that is a weak way to measure success.

Either you're playing good football or your not, & we're not..... play-offs or not. However, making the play-offs gives you a "second season" to redeem yourself if you're playing bad (Jets 2009).

The Titans have mailed it in this year, they aren't winning another game. Texans can win their last four all they want to, it will just wind up like last year, sitting at home watching other teams in the postseason....yet again.

Outside chance & everything, they still need to do their best & win as many as they can. That's the difference between a 9-7 team & a 4-10 team.

Agreed. The point is to win. I don't want to lose just for the sake of saying "hey, we DO suck" or any other "I told you so" bullshit.

As Herm says, you play to win the game.

Rooting for your team to lose is the most disgraceful **** ever.

The only way I would root for the Texans to lose is if we sucked. We don't.

I DID root for the Texans to lose in the 'Bush Bowl' if you can remember that. The last game in 2006 I believe against the 9ers. Yes I was rooting for the Texans to lose, it meant getting the #1 pick.

But when you are only 2 games out of division lead, no reason to root against your team. Come Monday night against the Ravens i'll be cheering them on.

The only way I would root for the Texans to lose is if we sucked. We don't.

I DID root for the Texans to lose in the 'Bush Bowl' if you can remember that. The last game in 2006 I believe against the 9ers. Yes I was rooting for the Texans to lose, it meant getting the #1 pick.

But when you are only 2 games out of division lead, no reason to root against your team. Come Monday night against the Ravens i'll be cheering them on.

I still wanted to win that because I didn't want the team to feel pressured to select Reggie Bush. Thank God we didn't.

Agreed. The point is to win. I don't want to lose just for the sake of saying "hey, we DO suck" or any other "I told you so" bullshit.

As Herm says, you play to win the game.

Rooting for your team to lose is the most disgraceful **** ever.

Great post and unfortunately the M.O. of most Houston fans, not all, but certainly the realistic ones.

I still wanted to win that because I didn't want the team to feel pressured to select Reggie Bush. Thank God we didn't.

True. Funny if we had won we would have probably still got Mario who IMO has been the best player out of all the top picks. I was caught in the Bush hype though with some of the things he did at USC. I was happy though that at #1 they would get whoever they wanted and luckily they made the right choice....although it was crazy down here a lot of folks were not happy that they did not draft Vince Young.

I don't just want to "win". I want to win a Superbowl. I'd rather go 5-11 this year and win a superbowl next year then go 10-6 this year, lose in the playoffs, then go 10-6 and lose in the playoffs again next year.

If you don't think Kubiak will ever take us to a Superbowl, but you want to win a Superbowl, the only logical thing to root for is whatever it takes for Kubiak to be gone. In this case, that means losing games.

Talk all the **** you want about fans who don't agree with you (it doesn't make you tough or a better fan, btw), but it comes down to the same thing for every last one of us. We want a Superbowl.

Back