Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans in the playoffs at 9-7

PockyAF

Waterboy
To me, it's kind of obvious - you don't change the culture of a franchise (or the mindset of an owner) by becoming so bad that there's no way that the need for a change can be denied.

All that does is say that 2-14 (or 5-11 or 6-10) is below the level of performance that's considered to be satisfactory, but it doesn't change what that level is to begin with.

If the problem is that 8-8 (or 9-7 or 7-9) is too satisfactory to ownership, then the way you change it is to finish there often enough that they get tired of it and decide they want more. All finishing at 5-11 or 6-10 is going to do is make 8-8 look that much better.

Put another way, if you're driving a Toyota, and you're perfectly happy with it, with no inclination to upgrade to a Mercedes or BMW, suddenly being forced to drive a Kia, isn't going to make you want a Mercedes or a BMW, it's just going to make getting back into a Toyota look pretty darn good.

On the other hand, while it may take some people longer than others, eventually, most get tired of the status quo eventually, and want to do something about it.
Exactamundo.

The excuses will be having the strongest SOS, and having a let-down from your 2nd year DC. Yada Yada, the usual. McNair will do what he, not the fans, thinks will help the team the most, which is cutting the weakest link on the staff while retaining what got us to be an explosive offense.

And tickets won't sell? Big-time offense sells, high scoring game sells, exciting ending to games sells (even when the V goes to the other team). Not only will tickets sell, we'll most likely have 2+ games on prime time next year. No way the NFL doesn't give us 2+ prime time games, after CBS/FOX switched to our games numerous times in the final minutes of the game this season. Especially if we notched another 4 pro-bowlers this year.

There's no problem with Mr.McNair bank. All good to go for money diving in the summer.

Rey

All finishing at 5-11 or 6-10 is going to do is make 8-8 look that much better.
I don't agree.

McNair is not stupid and people supporting the team aren't stupid.

No one is going to think that because this team finishes 6-10 this year that 8-8 should be the status quo for the next. Not unless the team is completely torn apart and re-built.

That said, it doesn't matter what we wish or what we want. The players and coaches are the ones out there performing on Sundays....So far they have failed with a capital F.

I hope that they do not win some meaningless games at the end of the year and think that they have improved and let down their guards going into next year.

Exactamundo.

The excuses will be having the strongest SOS, and having a let-down from your 2nd year DC. Yada Yada, the usual. McNair will do what he, not the fans, thinks will help the team the most, which is cutting the weakest link on the staff while retaining what got us to be an explosive offense.

And tickets won't sell? Big-time offense sells, high scoring game sells, exciting ending to games sells (even when the V goes to the other team). Not only will tickets sell, we'll most likely have 2+ games on prime time next year. No way the NFL doesn't give us 2+ prime time games, after CBS/FOX switched to our games numerous times in the final minutes of the game this season. Especially if we notched another 4 pro-bowlers this year.

There's no problem with Mr.McNair bank. All good to go for money diving in the summer.

Wrong.

If you don't think season ticket holders have finally seen through this team's bullshit, you are incorrect. We have seen the light. We are no longer impressed with stats. We want wins.

McNair can underestimate fans at his peril. It'll be his ass struggling to sell tickets.

ChampionTexan

Hall of Fame
I don't agree.

McNair is not stupid and people supporting the team aren't stupid.

No one is going to think that because this team finishes 6-10 this year that 8-8 should be the status quo for the next. Not unless the team is completely torn apart and re-built.

That said, it doesn't matter what we wish or what we want. The players and coaches are the ones out there performing on Sundays....So far they have failed with a capital F.

I hope that they do not win some meaningless games at the end of the year and think that they have improved and let down their guards going into next year.
I realize what we want or wish has no impact on what happens, but it's still what you've said you think is in the best interest of the team, so let me ask you a question - and you can pick which one you believe applies:

If McNair thinks 8-8 is acceptable/satisfactory, how does finishing worse than that change his mind?

If McNair doesn't think 8-8 is satisfactory, then why is it an advantage to lose every game from here on our?

DexmanC

Hall of Fame
Wrong.

If you don't think season ticket holders have finally seen through this team's bullshit, you are incorrect. We have seen the light. We are no longer impressed with stats. We want wins.

McNair can underestimate fans at his peril. It'll be his ass struggling to sell tickets.
This is where I agree. Many fans are starting to see the fallacy in
things like leading the NFL in yards, but winding up 9-7 against a
weak schedule and out of the playoffs. Rex Ryan gave us all
a coach to contrast against Kubiak with Hard Knocks. He challenged
his team to lead the league in one stat: Wins. Rex Ryan actually
said "'F That." while referencing how "well" his team did at 9-7 last year.

Kubiak's team can not focus when they have the lead. That's true
during games, and also true on their win-loss record. The Texans
focus best when they are down 2-scores, and when they are
sub .500. Neither is conducive to winning championships.

PockyAF

Waterboy
Wrong.

Yea, bullshit dude. Who's "we"? You and the other 100 anti-Kubiak fans on this board? Let's see how quickly that 100 seats will be filled next year. This post has you thinking you're the spoke person of all Texans fan; which my did as well. But let's let the past shows us who's more right and wrong.

Now, I was still a noob at being a pro-football spectator and everything that goes along in the business side, but how many sellouts did we have during the Caper years? How many in the 2-14 year? How many sellouts have we had overall as a franchise?

Our team now average twice as much wins as the past regime does, and has the entertaining offense to go along with it. But, hey, let's see what the attendance records says:

The Houston Texans have played their home games at Reliant Stadium since their inception in 2002. The annual calendar consists of 8 regular season and 2 pre-season games, plus any playoff games the Texans might host. The first game played was on August 24, 2002, in front of 69,432 in attendance as the Texans hosted the Miami Dolphins in their first preseason game. The first regular season game was played on September 8 of that year, where the expansion Texans defeated the Dallas Cowboys 19-10 in front of 69,604.

The first Monday Night Football game in Texans history was held on December 1, 2008 at Reliant Stadium. Playing in front of a then franchise-record crowd of 70,809, the Texans defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars 30-17.
- oh look at that, soldout and we were 4-7 going into that game, getting our asses recently handed to us by Balty, Minny, and Indy; and starting out the season 0-4.

Since then that record crowd has been broken in the next 2 Texans home games of that season.

Their December 7 home game against the Tennessee Titans saw a then record-crowd of 70,831 and the December 28 home finale against the Chicago Bears drew then a current franchise-crowd record of 70,838.
- Say what?!? Home attendance record broken three times in another year of mediocrities? Say it ain't say Joe, say it ain't so. Don't these fools realize that it's yet another 8-8 season?

That record was broken on November 23, 2009, when a record crowd of 71,153 were in attendance during the Texans second ever Monday Night Football game against Houston's former NFL team, the Tennessee Titans. The Texans home finale of the 2009 season against the New England Patriots on January 3, 2010 drew 71,029 - Oh yes, we finally got over the hump and got that winning record. Hip hip, horray. Mmmmh mediocrities taste good..

On September 26, 2010 against the Dallas Cowboys drew 71,456, the largest crowd ever to see a Texans game at Reliant Stadium.
-wiki

With one home game remaining in the 2009 season, the Texans home attendance figures rank among the best in the NFL.

This is despite the fact that the Texans have yet to sniff the playoffs and haven't posted a winning season in their seven years of existence.

Can you imagine what this place would be like if the Texans became a legit playoff contender every season?

According to ESPN.com, the Texans are averaging 70,547 tickets sold per game which ranks ninth in the NFL.

Paid attendance for Texans games is 99.3% of stadium capacity which is 12th in the league. Reliant Stadium capacity is 71,054
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/texans-home-attendance-remains-strong-despite-team-s-lack-of-success

Tasty mediocrity is tasty. Most true Texans fan resides on this board. They know that there's problem with the current team; where as the other 70,000 fans go for the entertainment purposes, doing business, etc. The sellouts hasn't stop yet, why should next year be any different, when we have yet another 8-8 or so record, a shiny, new DC and more high draft picks instilled in the defense?

There's nothing that says it will change, HoustonSpartan. Face it, you're talking out of your ass, and have yet to provide any evidence to say it will. If you want to change it, the fans will need to step up and show not only McNair, or the whole city, but the whole NFL world that you won't stand for it. Until then, enjoy Kubiak and the 8-8 seasons, and hope that the late, and almost meaningless, playoffs push at the end of every season will actually go in our favor for once.

Yea, bullshit dude. Who's "we"? You and the other 100 anti-Kubiak fans on this board? Let's see how quickly that 100 seats will be filled next year. This post has you thinking you're the spoke person of all Texans fan; which my did as well. But let's let the past shows us who's more right and wrong.

Now, I was still a noob at being a pro-football spectator and everything that goes along in the business side, but how many sellouts did we have during the Caper years? How many in the 2-14 year? How many sellouts have we had overall as a franchise?

Our team now average twice as much wins as the past regime does, and has the entertaining offense to go along with it. But, hey, let's see what the attendance records says:

-wiki

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/texans-home-attendance-remains-strong-despite-team-s-lack-of-success

Tasty mediocrity is tasty. Most true Texans fan resides on this board. They know that there's problem with the current team; where as the other 70,000 fans go for the entertainment purposes, doing business, etc. The sellouts hasn't stop yet, why should next year be any different, when we have yet another 8-8 or so record, a shiny, new DC and more high draft picks instilled in the defense?

There's nothing that says it will change, HoustonSpartan. Face it, you're talking out of your ass, and have yet to provide any evidence to say it will. If you want to change it, the fans will need to step up and show not only McNair, or the whole city, but the whole NFL world that you won't stand for it. Until then, enjoy Kubiak and the 8-8 seasons, and hope that the late, and almost meaningless, playoffs push at the end of every season will actually go in our favor for once.
Did you even read my post?

My point: THIS is the year that the fans have opened their eyes. Yes, we had a record sellout of tickets this past pre-season, but that was becuase we were expected to be Super Bowl-bound. And, in addition, we beat the hell out of the Cowboys in the pre-season, which ramped up expectations even more.

Who'se "we" you ask? Me. A season ticket holder. And several of my friends. And several of the people in my section. Even the most die-hard Texans fans I know have had enough.

More proof: I have a PSL. The lady in the seats right next to mine didn't have to pay a PSL fee. Those seats have been open for the last three years, and the Texans have been desperate to sell them. They are so desperate that for the lady next to me, not only did she NOT have to pay a $1,000 PSL fee (like I did) but the Texans tossed in a free weekly membership to the fancy Churasso's buffet held every Sunday in the Methodist bubble.

In addition, she told me that she's not sure if she's renewing her tickets for next year, based on what she's seen on the field.

My point: The economy is still struggling, and people have to make choices.'

You think fans are stupid and have no say in things and that McNair owes us nothing. I disagree. The man is clearing something like $30 million a year off this team. Where is that cash coming from? The Money Fairy?

So, no, I'm not talking out of my ass. But clearly you are.

PockyAF

Waterboy
Did you even read my post?

My point: THIS is the year that the fans have opened their eyes. Yes, we had a record sellout of tickets this past pre-season, but that was becuase we were expected to be Super Bowl-bound. And, in addition, we beat the hell out of the Cowboys in the pre-season, which ramped up expectations even more.

Who'se "we" you ask? Me. A season ticket holder. And several of my friends. And several of the people in my section. Even the most die-hard Texans fans I know have had enough.

More proof: I have a PSL. The lady in the seats right next to mine didn't have to pay a PSL fee. Those seats have been open for the last three years, and the Texans have been desperate to sell them. They are so desperate that for the lady next to me, not only did she NOT have to pay a $1,000 PSL fee (like I did) but the Texans tossed in a free weekly membership to the fancy Churasso's buffet held every Sunday in the Methodist bubble.

In addition, she told me that she's not sure if she's renewing her tickets for next year, based on what she's seen on the field.

My point: The economy is still struggling, and people have to make choices.'

You think fans are stupid and have no say in things and that McNair owes us nothing. I disagree. The man is clearing something like $30 million a year off this team. Where is that cash coming from? The Money Fairy?

So, no, I'm not talking out of my ass. But clearly you are.
Uh-huh. You still think you're the spoke person of the TFO -Texans Fans Org. when clearly, you know nothing of what the other "fans" are thinking besides the one that resides on this MB. Oh wow, only a couple seats next to you still unsold. Go scurry around the stadium next time and try to find 30-40 more. Then you'll be 1/5 of the way to uncovering the .7% of the seats unsold. Considering the current economic problems with the citizens of this nations, you think that having .7% unsold on avgerage is really that big of a deal compared to the rest of the league? Tampa Bay is one of the best team in the league and they're having huge problems getting their home crowds to buy their tickets.

Texans desperately trying to sell them? Ha. They're swimming in the filthy money, saving money by keeping the current staff and their mediocre FAs on their cheap contract. That + .7% being left unsold, vs. paying Cowher $10 million a year, hauling in more new coaches, and turning the defense upside down to bring in 3-4 players. You think they're really crying over the .7% seats being unsold?

You did get one thing right.. "we" is you. Congrats on talking on your own behalf. Still waiting to see the rest of the town following suit. They love the first 8 1/2 years of turrrible-mediocrities, I'm sure they'll love next year too.

But hey, let the next game be an indicator of what is to come next year from the massive herd of sheeps.

And I'm talking out of my ass? I could provide a powerpoint providing evidence as to why the economic income of the organization will see microscopical-nil changes while you're still rambling on about fans opening their mystical eyes and finally realizing that their hometown team has been blowing chunks for 8 1/2 years. Uh-huh.

Uh-huh. You still think you're the spoke person of the TFO -Texans Fans Org. when clearly, you know nothing of what the other "fans" are thinking besides the one that resides on this MB. Oh wow, a total of three seats next to you still unsold. Go scurry around the stadium next time and try to find 30-40 more. Then you'll be 1/5 of the way to uncovering the .7% of the seats unsold. Texans desperately trying to sell them? Ha. They're swimming in the filthy money, saving money by keeping the current staff and their mediocre FAs on their cheap contract. That + .7% being left unsold, vs. paying Cowher $10 million a year, hauling in more new coaches, and turning the defense upside down to bring in 3-4 players. You think they're really crying over the .7% seats being unsold?

You did get one thing right.. "we" is you. Congrats on talking on your own behalf. Still waiting to see the rest of the town following suit. They love the first 8 1/2 years of turrrible-mediocrities, I'm sure they'll love next year too.

But hey, let the next game be an indicator of what is to come next year from the massive herd of sheeps.

And I'm talking out of my ass? I could provide a powerpoint providing evidence as to why the economic income of the organization will see microscopical-nil changes while you're still rambling on about fans opening their mystical eyes and finally realizing that their hometown team has been blowing chunks for 8 1/2 years. Uh-huh.
lol. Ok dude, whatever. As I said, McNair isn't dumb. Ignoring fans would be a mistake this year. And, when you starting putting YOUR cash on the line, then we can talk. I pay the bills at Reliant. You don't.

80tothezone

Veteran
Cool fan there, hoping we don't make the playoffs, lol.
Well playoffs this year wouldn't do much for the franchise long term ( no way we win the conference with our D) and it might let horrible coaches keep their jobs. I want our first playoff trip to be the first of many for several years in a row ... not a flash in the pan fluke.

80tothezone

Veteran
are the eagles, jets, colts and chargers not SB contenders? and we gave those all good games. jesus you'd swear we were getting blown out every game.
Blown out or not ... we find ways to loose....Amazing ways to loose at that. In the beginning of the season we saw a glimpse of what it is like to have a team that finds amazing ways to win. We don't have that and that is what it would take for this team to win in the playoffs... after a 1 game run into the playoffs then next year we would have the same 8-8 coaching staff that we have had for years..

8-8 is okay... but I want the texans to be better than okay I want them to be great... a team that when people look at their schedule and see the red white and blue bull the damn near **** their pants

I just don't think that would happen with this coaching staff. And if playoffs this year keep them on board so we can wallow in mediocrity for another year then no I don't want to make it just to get blown out the first game we get there which is what will happen with this horrid D.

80tothezone

Veteran
I don't hate Kubiak enough, or love Cowher enough to want my team to miss the play-offs.

Outside chance & everything, they still need to do their best & win as many as they can. That's the difference between a 9-7 team & a 4-10 team.
Don't get me wrong not rooting for us to loose I want us to win out but as the second half of that post says win loose or draw I want them gone. It's hard to explain I guess .... I want success for the texans but regardless I want kubes and bush gone or at least bush .... Maybe I didn't word it correctly but that sums up my feelings on the matter and part of me worries that if we were to luck into the playoffs at 9-7 those jobs might be saved and we will be stuck with the same people making the same bad decisions next year.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
As far fetched as this is I can buy most of it for now but I cant buy that Tenn is going to beat the Colts.
that doesnt have to happen. its pretty simple what needs to:

colts lose 1 more game
jags lose 1 more game (aswell as us beating em wk 17)
we win out
=texans in the playoffs

ravens game looks TOUGH though. that'll more than likely end it for us

DerekLee1

Veteran
that doesnt have to happen. its pretty simple what needs to:

colts lose 1 more game
jags lose 1 more game (aswell as us beating em wk 17)
we win out
=texans in the playoffs

ravens game looks TOUGH though. that'll more than likely end it for us
The Jags' loss would also have to be a division game.

Mailman

Pwned by Hakeem
Fun with Yahoo's playoff generator!

Believe it or not, the Texans have a legitimate shot at a #4 seed and a home game in the first round of the playoffs (against the NYJ in this particular scenario). The key is obviously winning out, duh, and getting help from the Oakland Raiders this week against the Jags and week 16 against the Colts.

In this scenario the Texans would finish tied with the Colts at 9-7 but win the tiebreaker by virtue of a better conference record.

Commence laughing and scoffing now.....but remember what you were doing this time last year and what you were doing four weeks later when the Jets were playing the Bengals the last week of the season.

There is football left to be played, guys. Let's see what happens.

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
If we somehow get by the Ravens my aspirations will perk up. After them the last 3 are very winnable. But the Ravens games scares the bejesus out of me.

dalemurphy

Hall of Fame
Fun with Yahoo's playoff generator!

Believe it or not, the Texans have a legitimate shot at a #4 seed and a home game in the first round of the playoffs (against the NYJ in this particular scenario). The key is obviously winning out, duh, and getting help from the Oakland Raiders this week against the Jags and week 16 against the Colts.

In this scenario the Texans would finish tied with the Colts at 9-7 but win the tiebreaker by virtue of a better conference record.

Commence laughing and scoffing now.....but remember what you were doing this time last year and what you were doing four weeks later when the Jets were playing the Bengals the last week of the season.

There is football left to be played, guys. Let's see what happens.
The Texans also win the division if:

Texans win out.

Jacksonville loses to Indy.

Indy loses to Tennessee (once)

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Sure, there's still hope....always keep believing Jimmy!!

Oh no Jimmy, here come those posters "blinded by rage" that spout reality that the team is not that good....

Doing this motion now at this....

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What's amazing is how anyone really gives the Texans a chance for the playoffs, when the only back-to-back wins they have garnered this year were the first two (and that 2nd one only by the whiskers of their chinny chin chin).

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
What's amazing is how anyone really gives the Texans a chance for the playoffs, when the only back-to-back wins they have garnered this year were the first two (and that 2nd one only by the whiskers of their chinny chin chin).
Yeah, but 'tis the season...

And you can bet your sweet bippy that's what Smith is telling McNair.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Hoping for losses is why Houston football will never prosper.
hmmmm...so if we collectively hope for wins enough as a fan base they will win more games? :um:

Seriously, I can't figure out this post. Is it sarcasm and my detector is broken today? Is it "for real" and you really think that the mental state of fans - positive or negative - actually effects the play on the field?

I never hope the Texans lose, let alone lose out.... I'm just not wired that way..
I'm not wired that way, either. However, I'm not going to chastise someone else for wanting short term pain for long term strategic plans for success.

Wrong.

I wish you were right, but I think that the overwhelming number of corporations that own PSL's do not have feelings about wins or losses and see it as an economic investment. Otherwise, how could the franchise brag about so many consecutive "sell outs" but yet the stadium is so often not full of fans?

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Commence laughing and scoffing now....

The Texans effectively were out of the playoffs at this point last year. Despite winning out and having 99 out of 100 games break their way.

Q: Who's more likely to win out?

The Colts? (@Titans, Jags, @Raiders, Titans)
The Jags? (Raiders, @Colts, Skins, @Texans)
The Texans? (Ravens, @Titans, @Broncos, Jags)

A: Not the Texans.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
As a parent of 2 teenagers I approve this message. You just have to let them take their lumps. Trying to bail them out only compounds the issue. McNair has to see what a failure this organization is. If he never sees it , then we will start calling Jville's tarp supplier.
letting them take their lumps is not the same as rooting for them to lose.

That would be like hoping your kid gets herpes.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Cant wait for the next thread "Texans in the playoffs at 8-8" after monday night. This team couldnt take advantage of the soft schedule last year and now our division sucks this year but we just had to suck a little more. ha
Last year, our "soft schedule" was still against a winning percentage (.504)..... it was only a soft schedule compared to the years before & after (.547)

An easy schedule would be one where our opponents average below .500, Like the schedule the Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, & 49ers have (the whole division, among the five easiest schedules...... hmmm)

This year, the Bears & the Vikings have schedules similar to ours last year (.504)

The Bears are 9-3, the next four games are tough, they may only win 1 & end the season 10-6.

The Vikings (who everyone agreed, at least last year, is a much better team) are 5-7...... they've just fired their coach & have games against the Giants, Bears, Eagles, & Lions.....

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't want the team to lose either and I won't root for them to lose, but I do expect it happen (and it happens more than not) and I want our DAMN OWNER to wake the hell up and acknowledge the failure that is Gary Kubiak....and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE! :)
So if we beat the Ravens....... would that be enough proof that the owner did "SOMETHING ABOUT IT"?

Or will you only be satisfied if they fired Kubiak right now, promote Dennison? Fire Bush, promote Johnny Holland?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The Texans also win the division if:

Texans win out.

Jacksonville loses to Indy.

Indy loses to Tennessee (once)
If we beat Baltimore, we'll have an inside run at the final Wild-Card.

They are 8-4 with these games remaining...
Houston
New Orleans
Cleveland
Cincinnati

If we beat them, New Orleans beats them, & the Browns beat them (It could happen) we're in.

panamamyers

Waterboy
If we beat Baltimore, we'll have an inside run at the final Wild-Card.

They are 8-4 with these games remaining...
Houston
New Orleans
Cleveland
Cincinnati

If we beat them, New Orleans beats them, & the Browns beat them (It could happen) we're in.
Yeah over the Ravens maybe...what about the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, ....

I would find it hard to believe that the Chargers wouldn't finish at least 9-7. If that were the case, then we would have to hope that the Chiefs have fallen back down to us and we tie them too. Not sure how the tiebreaker goes from there.

We have a much simpler road to winning the division.

If the Titans can pull a shocker this Thursday and the Texans can win on Monday, the road really gets simple for us.

All we would really need to have happen is the Jags lose at Indy the following week and we are back to controlling our own destiny.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what's going to spark this wonderful turnaround?
We'll have to wait for December 21, 2012. That the day the world ends, and that's the day the Texans will be in the playoffs. It's our fate.

In other news, the weather is nice today. :)

tedr

Rookie
Yeah over the Ravens maybe...what about the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, ....

I would find it hard to believe that the Chargers wouldn't finish at least 9-7. If that were the case, then we would have to hope that the Chiefs have fallen back down to us and we tie them too. Not sure how the tiebreaker goes from there.

We have a much simpler road to winning the division.

If the Titans can pull a shocker this Thursday and the Texans can win on Monday, the road really gets simple for us.

All we would really need to have happen is the Jags lose at Indy the following week and we are back to controlling our own destiny.
Actually, we could control our own destiny by the time we play our game Monday night. If the Colts and Jax lose this weekend (a big if), and we win out, we'll win the division, no matter what they do. Assuming we win out and they both lose this weekend, we'll have the tiebreaker advantage in virtually all scenarios. If they don't both lose, then it gets a little trickier.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Sure, there's still hope....always keep believing Jimmy!!

Oh no Jimmy, here come those posters "blinded by rage" that spout reality that the team is not that good....

Doing this motion now at this....

LMAO...

I got neg repped for this??? THIS??? LMAO

How was I being a D*** exactly? By making fun of eveyone at war with each other....including myself. It's funny how people are calling those of us who call out this team as being "blinded by anger".....yet I'm the one that gets neg repped....wait....and I'm the angry one?

yeowza

I guess I was bound to get my 1st neg rep at some point....just didn't think it would be for a frickin carebear.....W-O-W

dc_txtech

All Pro
LMAO...

How was I being a D*** exactly? By making fun of eveyone at war with each other....including myself. It's funny how people are calling those of us who call out this team as being "blinded by anger".....yet I'm the one that gets neg repped....wait....and I'm the angry one?

yeowza

I guess I was bound to get my 1st neg rep at some point....just didn't think it would be for a frickin carebear.....W-O-W
I would get you back but I gotta spread it around.

Tensions get high between the Doom and Gloomers and the Sunshine Club this time of year...

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
LMAO...

yeowza

Love the carebear

LOL

Here's some rep. I hope it makes up for delusional fan.

disaacks3

Staff member
I hate to say it but I kinda hope we don't make it to the playoffs ... that might save jobs that don't deserve to be saved. (Kubiak and Bush) especially bush .... Ok maybe what I really hope is that playoffs or not both or at least bush is gone next year

Bill COWER FOR PRESIDENT!!!
No need to hope, I'm pretty sure Kubes & company will handle that feat quite easily.

Cool fan there, hoping we don't make the playoffs, lol.
Like I said, no need to hope.

Now you know how I feel, in regards to fans that are willing to continue accepting the mediocrity of this coaching staff.
Heck, I think mediocre would be a step up at this point.

I would get you back but I gotta spread it around.

Tensions get high between the Doom and Gloomers and the Sunshine Club this time of year...
It's because THIS time of year, those hopes have been well and truly dashed time and time again.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
nope.. they could beat the colts & titans but if we still beat them and they lose to the redskins, we're in
Do I have it right: Texans win out and if Jags/Colts/Tits lose just one of their other games then we're in as division winners?

If that's true, this has got to be pasted all over the Texans locker room. The odds are in our favor if we win out. The Jags, Colts, and Tats all play each other. Other games include Oakland, Kansas City and Washington. While KC may be the only "playoff" team... OAK and WAS really arent that bad and can definitely beat them.

tedr

Rookie
Do I have it right: Texans win out and if Jags/Colts/Tits lose just one of their other games then we're in as division winners?

If that's true, this has got to be pasted all over the Texans locker room. The odds are in our favor if we win out. The Jags, Colts, and Tats all play each other. Other games include Oakland, Kansas City and Washington. While KC may be the only "playoff" team... OAK and WAS really arent that bad and can definitely beat them.
This is true, as long as the Texans, Colts, and Jags don't end up tied at the end with the Colts one loss being to the Jags. In that case, the first tiebreaker would be head-to-head against the teams you're tied with - Jags would be 3-1, Texans would be 2-2, and Colts would be 1-3 - and the Jags would win the division. In any other scenario, we should have the tiebreaker advantage.

Last edited:

BetaV1

Rookie

If that's true, this has got to be pasted all over the Texans locker room.
Actually, I recommend the opposite: have Kubes post a false memo telling the players that they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. This team plays its best football when there's nothing to play for. :texflag:

tedr

Rookie
Actually, I recommend the opposite: have Kubes post a false memo telling the players that they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. This team plays its best football when there's nothing to play for. :texflag:
Ha! Good point.