Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

TEXANS ATTEMPTING A REBOUND AGAINST THE RAVENS IN WEEK 2

Ravens CB Marcus Peters vs. Texans WR Will Fuller V is the key matchup of Week 2
18 minutes ago
When the Baltimore Ravens take on the Houston Texans this Sunday, a highly anticipated matchup will go down. It’s not between quarterbacks Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson like you might be thinking, however.

Ravens cornerback Marcus Peters will be looking to lock down Texans’ big-play threat wide receiver Will Fuller V. Baltimore’s shutdown corner has a tall task defending a receiver who is in much need of a standout 2020 campaign and more than capable of delivering on it when healthy.
THE REST OF THE STORY

7 most important Ravens to watch in Week 2 vs. Texans
2 hours ago

The Baltimore Ravens started the 2020 season off strong as they dismantled the Cleveland Browns, 38-6. Baltimore will look to continue their fast start when they travel to take on the Houston Texans in Week 2.

Despite the Ravens blowing the Texans out of the water in Week 11 last season, Houston has the talent to give Baltimore a run for their money. Led by quarterback Deshaun Watson and defensive lineman J.J. Watt, the Texans are never an automatic win, no matter how good the Ravens looked previously. So, in order for Baltimore to pick up yet another win this week, a few players need to have an especially great game.

THE REST OF THE STORY

Well let's look at the stats. Football Outsiders keep track of "Pace stats", which are basically seconds per play under different situations.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/pace-stats/2019

I just plucked out the key stats of when BOB started in Houston. First column is seconds/play (total), 2nd column is seconds/play (when trailing 7+)

2014 --- 27.15 ---- 24.21 ---- Fitzpatrick
2015 --- 25.58(3) - 22.64(2) - Hoyer/Mallet
2016 --- 27.32 ---- 24.82 ----- Osweiller
2017 --- 27.5 ----- 25.85 ----- Watson/Savage
2018 --- 27.37 ---- 25.89 ---- Watson
2019 --- 27.2 ----- 24.84 ----- Watson

Some interesting numbers. Excluding 2015, the numbers seem to be similar pre & post Watson. You could make a fair argument that Watson has been a tad slower. But overall, BOB offense tends to be about average when it comes to pace of play.

Now there's an outlier there in 2015, when we were one of the faster offenses in the league. Why? Hoyer started most of the games, with Mallet getting a few starts as well. Was Hoyer the only guy that knew how to run BOB's offense?
Hoyer had had 5 years in an EP system up to that point.
All of the QBs brought in as FA for OB had had some experience, but Hoyer was the one with the most experience, including 2 years when OB was the QB coach at NE and another year with BOB as the OC.

Ravens CB Marcus Peters vs. Texans WR Will Fuller V is the key matchup of Week 2
18 minutes ago
When the Baltimore Ravens take on the Houston Texans this Sunday, a highly anticipated matchup will go down. It’s not between quarterbacks Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson like you might be thinking, however.

Ravens cornerback Marcus Peters will be looking to lock down Texans’ big-play threat wide receiver Will Fuller V. Baltimore’s shutdown corner has a tall task defending a receiver who is in much need of a standout 2020 campaign and more than capable of delivering on it when healthy.
THE REST OF THE STORY

If a rookie can do as well as he did shutting down Fuller.....Peters will probably have the same success. I wonder if Fuller is shut down again, OB comes to realize he sold off the wrong asset?

We'll just have to agree to disagree .... I don't see him as great , I see great potential unfulfilled.

You might change your opinion of you broke down the all-22 and saw just how often he missed open throws.
I see great QB play holding back by an inept coaching staff.
Totally disagree about the "missing open receivers" part (as in too often, or more than guys like Brady, Brees, Mahomes around the same age).
You probably want to change it to "receivers you think were open".

Read the rules, it's very simple, attack the post not the poster.

I've spoken on this many times and you cant seem to let it go.

BTW, if this MB were to carry out this policy there would be no conversation from all of the posters that call BOB dumb/stupid etc....

You’re on block so please don’t respond to my posts. And I know darn well you’re not trying to force some rules you don’t follow. Again the rules should also stop people for attacking these players, coaches and owners. Critique all day but to call them stupid and dumb should not be allowed

You’re on block so please don’t respond to my posts. And I know darn well you’re not trying to force some rules you don’t follow. Again the rules should also stop people for attacking these players, coaches and owners. Critique all day but to call them stupid and dumb should not be allowed

I've called ob dumb. Why didn't you confront me about it?

Last week, the Ravens blitzed 5 or more rushers 56% of the time. The Texans offense will have their work cut out for them.
Over/under the Ravens blitz 5 or more rushers 56% of the time against the Texans? I'm going slightly under that amount. Partly because Watson holds the ball so long, and partly because I don't think the o-line can hold up against a 4 man rush consistently enough to force the Ravens to go over their 2019 tendencies. Speaking of...

in 2019 the Ravens blitzed 54.4% of the time, most of any team in the NFL. The next closest was Tampa Bay at 44.3%. The league-wide median for blitz percentage was 28.1%. Yikes!

Here's Watson getting sacked on a 4 man rush in their 2019 match-up against the Ravens. The Ravens are good at disguising their front and dropping into coverage. I expect a lot of this on Sunday.

Last edited:
1. The College rule where you can block 3 yds down the field vs 1 yd down the field in the
Is anyone else aware of this rule? I quite regularly see people blocking more than one yard downfield in the NFL. Way beyond 1 yard.

2. In the NFL the QB is likely to get hurt running a RPO offense. See: DW$ blowing out an ACL in college and then blowing out an ACL running the RPO in the NFL his rookie season.
I'm pretty sure his last ACL was injured in practice. Do you know for sure he was practicing an RPO?

18 minutes ago

THE REST OF THE STORY
Nope, it is about the QBs, even more narrow it's about Lamar Jackson. If he plays as he did against Browns Texans will not win. OTOH, Watson does not have to be at his best for Houston to win. Defense turns around tackling, Kelly or the ventriloquist making his mouth move calls a better game and LJ for some reason has an off game...Texans win.

Would both Gallaspia and David Johnson in backfield improve #4 chances against Blitz? Still have combo of three WRs/TEs. Cooks, Fuller and Fells or Akins or what works.

Ok. But it is data. What do you have to prove that Watson can't run a no huddle offense? Other than the word from an unknown member of the Texans organiztion?

Put those plays in context ....

What was the score ? 31-7 or 31-13 ..... when the Chiefs have gone to a defense that keeps everything in front of them and forces the offense to burn valuable clock ?

Or did it happen against the Chiefs defense that built that lead ? (No , it didn't).

Is anyone else aware of this rule? I quite regularly see people blocking more than one yard downfield in the NFL. Way beyond 1 yard.

I'm pretty sure his last ACL was injured in practice. Do you know for sure he was practicing an RPO?

As far as the ineligible man down field rule for offensive linemen..............college vs. NFL:

*****************************************************************************************

How the ineligible man downfield rule works in college football
The NCAA rule is more restrictive than the NFL equivalent, but it’s not always called tightly.
By Alex Kirshner@alex_kirshner Aug 30, 2018, 8:00am EDT

Maybe you’ve just seen a college football offense get penalized for having an ineligible man downfield. The officials have decided that some offensive player who wasn’t supposed to be more than three yards downfield at the time of a pass was, in fact, more than three yards downfield at the time of a pass.

What is college football’s ineligible man-downfield rule?
Straight from the NCAA rulebook:
No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a passer throws a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone. A player is in violation of this rule if any part of his body is beyond the three-yard limit.
The penalty for an ineligible man downfield is that the offensive moves back five yards from the previous spot, with the down repeated.

An “ineligible receiver” is almost always an offensive lineman. Someone else could be ineligible if he lined up directly on the line of scrimmage but not on the end of the line. As long as there’s nobody lined up outside of that guy and also on the line, he’s eligible. Teams are only allowed to have five eligible receivers on any given play. Except in weird circumstances, those are wideouts, tight ends, and running backs.

Why does the NCAA have this rule?

The rule limits how much offenses can deceive defenses about whether a play is a run or a pass. The proliferation of run/pass options over the last few years has made this rule a huge deal. By being allowed to move three yards beyond the line of scrimmage before a pass, offensive linemen can do their usual run-blocking, and quarterbacks can decide a second or two later whether to hand the ball off or throw it.

How is college’s rule different than the NFL’s?

The NFL only gives offensive linemen one yard downfield before a pass. The result is that NFL RPOs are structured differently, with QBs required to make faster decisions. Plenty of college coaches — usually ones with defensive backgrounds — would prefer the NCAA adopt the NFL’s 1-yard-downfield rule. The NCAA has considered that.

Let me see an example of a penalty.

Here’s a USC lineman negating a touchdown pass by being six yards downfield against Arizona State in 2017:

usc_downfield.png

How often is this rule enforced?

Not even close to all the time. You can watch just about any college game and see offensive linemen hanging out between four and eight yards downfield when the QB releases a pass. The rule is called more tightly in the pros, and linemen stay closer to home.

One of many other references to this rule:

What Happens When the Neutral Zone Expands?
By Referee
October 2, 2017
http://pinterest.com/pin/create/but...hat-Happens-When-the-Neutral-Zone-Expands.jpg

What-Happens-When-the-Neutral-Zone-Expands-681x454.jpg

THE REST OF THE STORY

****************************************************************************************************

As far as the ACL, as I posted real-time, Watson partially tore his 2nd ACL during the Seahawks regular season game..............he then completed the tear in the subsequent practice running an RPO drill.

In college, in 2014, Watson partially tore his ACL, missed one game and then played the next game in a rivalry game against South Carolina, where he completed his ACL tear.

Last edited:
I see great QB play holding back by an inept coaching staff.
Totally disagree about the "missing open receivers" part (as in too often, or more than guys like Brady, Brees, Mahomes around the same age).
You probably want to change it to "receivers you think were open".

He hasn't had a great game since Atlanta last season. He's had multiple sub par and average games.

Was he great against KC last week ?
How about against KC in the playoffs ?!
Buffalo ? One stand out play - the rest of the game sub par.
How about Tampa Bay ? Far from it. Winston threw 4 picks and still had a chance late.
Tennessee 243 yards and 2 picks ?
How about Denver ? He stunk it up. 28-50, 2 INT
Against NE ... his best game of this stretch. 18-25, 234 YDS, 3 TD
Mediocre game against the Colts in a 20-17 win.
Great against the Ravens wasn't he ? So much so that they got curb stomped 41-7.
Pretty good game against the Raiders.
How bout the first Colts game ? Far from great , just middling in a loss.
An explosion against Atlanta .... best game of his life.
Carolina laid the blueprint in manhandling them.

Where's all this great QB play at ?

As was in my original post, it should be obvious that O'Brien has been and is protective of his QB, as it should be. I presented information that was shared with me through a respected source. One can chose to incorporate it into part of their overall evaluations, or can chose to turn a blind eye to it altogether, which is also OK.

O'Brien regularly used the up temp/no huddle offense in New England. It was a staple of his Penn State offense. He frequently used it with every Texans QB ever since he joined the Texans, including with Savage who preceded Watson. Now it is left for us to believe that because he is such a terrible evaluator of his QB's abilities, all of a sudden for no cause, he has virtually abandoned the concept for Watson.........purposely instructing him to lead a slow plodding offense in the face of an obviously urgent 2nd half situation. If Watson now as the $160 million franchise QB wanted to play up tempo/no huddle, you can be sure the Texans would be playing accordingly.

Yup

Personally I've always enjoyed watching an uptempo offense. Obviously it stresses defenses but I think most importantly it gets the qb in rythm. I think that's highly underrated for most quarterbacks.

By now it's clear OB feels 1 of 3 ways because he just doesn't do it:

1. Watson isnt capable and/or the offense is so mistake prone it's not worth it. (Maybe they have some metric to justify that?)

2. The defense needs all the rest they can get? He doesn't trust their performance or conditioning.

3. Ob is so supremely confident in his offense he believes time is no factor. "Dont hope for a mistake by the defense. Execute the play properly and it will be effective."

Or...BoB largely leaves it up to DW4 when to run it and DW4 largely chooses not to....for whatever reason.

Clint Stoerner made a great point the other day regarding DW4 that I’ve actually long suspected with him. He needs to get better reading long to short. He tends to stay on the deep route reads too long. This is what happened on the int in the KC game. He held the ball way too long trying to get it downfield and if u watch that play on the All-22, you can see DJ31 standing all alone as his check down; would’ve been at least a 15 yard gain if he checks it down to him. He has to learn that If the deep route isn’t there, he HAS to check it down and get it to his playmakers.

see screenshot of the all-22 below

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 8.58.22 PM.png

Last edited:

Lets clear this up ...

Players & coaches are fair game for criticism , nicknames like Buttchin ....

How many times have you said negative things about OB ? I've said much the same as have most of us , directly and indirectly.

What is outside the rules is directing those insults and criticisms at other posters.

Keep it about the game , its players , strategy , finances , coaches and even the cheerleaders (@Texan_Bill 's favorite subject - RIP Brother).

Nope, it is about the QBs, even more narrow it's about Lamar Jackson. If he plays as he did against Browns Texans will not win. OTOH, Watson does not have to be at his best for Houston to win. Defense turns around tackling, Kelly or the ventriloquist making his mouth move calls a better game and LJ for some reason has an off game...Texans win.
I don't know if it's that simple, I would give the Ravens the same advantage as a team over the Texans that the Chiefs had. The Ravens have talent and an identity that they execute well. The coaching is not even worth mentioning. But this is the NFL (any given Sunday) right? I'm rooting for the Texans to pull the upset and "shake up the world" in my Ali voice.

He hasn't had a great game since Atlanta last season. He's had multiple sub par and average games.

Was he great against KC last week ?
How about against KC in the playoffs ?!
Buffalo ? One stand out play - the rest of the game sub par.
How about Tampa Bay ? Far from it. Winston threw 4 picks and still had a chance late.
Tennessee 243 yards and 2 picks ?
How about Denver ? He stunk it up. 28-50, 2 INT
Against NE ... his best game of this stretch. 18-25, 234 YDS, 3 TD
Mediocre game against the Colts in a 20-17 win.
Great against the Ravens wasn't he ? So much so that they got curb stomped 41-7.
Pretty good game against the Raiders.
How bout the first Colts game ? Far from great , just middling in a loss.
An explosion against Atlanta .... best game of his life.
Carolina laid the blueprint in manhandling them.

Where's all this great QB play at ?
Why don't you give your take on this game.
I'm looking at it right now, just finishing up the first half.

Watson was 20-25 with no INT and you call it a subpar game?
I don't believe it.

Watson vs. Buffalo

1st Qtr
10:02 2nd 6 @ BUF 47
Watson sacked by Hughes for -3
Faked ZBS left, Watson rolled right.
78 Tunsil, on the move to the left, should have never allowed the end rusher to get around him to the outside; that's just terrible. He's the one ending up with the sack.
Secondly, the RB 23, who also ran to the left, falied to pick up Hughes.
That's double terrible.
With one or both of those guys doing their job, Watson would have time to scramble to the right and make something out of it.
The writer, James Brady, assigned the fault to the play call, to which I agree.
Here, I do remember a few times in Kubiak's offense, where either a TE or receiver would either block the LDE, usually with a cut block, or at least fake one to temporarily slow down the rusher before getting up/going out to the right on his route.
2:25 in this video. The TE ran across the face of the end rusher just as Schaub put on the fake (thus fooling the rusher into thinking that the RB had the ball). Schaub had all the room he needed to roll out, plant his feet, and make the throw.)
7:50 2nd and 9 @ BUF 38
Watson right end for 1 yards (Poyer and Oliver)
LB was in passing lane, Watson couldn't make the throw so he had to run for it.
7:15 3rd and 8 @ BUF 37
Watson INCOMPLETE to Hopkins.
Texans challenged that PI should have been called and was dismissed.
Regardless, the ball was right there, and it was a bang bang play by the DB to break up the pass (Taron Johnson).
PUNT.

1 2:08 1 10 BUF 47 Deshaun Watson pass incomplete short left intended for DeAndre Hopkins
2:08 1st and 10 @ BUF 47
Watson pass incomplete short left intended for Hopkins.
Yes, the pass was low, but Hopkins had all day (he wasn't closely covered as the LB was dropping back into his spot in the 52 zone) to look at the ball as it was coming to him.
Hopkins waited for the ball to come to him rather than going toward the ball.
You can call it an inacurate pass much as you want, but IMO, it was still a catchable ball.
It's not a badly gross throw.
Also, I could argue that it was supposed to be a 5yd quick hook and Hopkins simply ran the route short by a yard to a yard and a half. In that case, the ball was right where it was supposed to be.
1 2:05 2 10 BUF 47 Deshaun Watson right end for 7 yards (tackle by Trent Murphy)
Texans stayed in Max protect; there were only two routes run to the right, both beyond ten yards so neither was ready for the pass.
The Texans showed pass protection straight away, rendering their play action fake useless (and idiotic if you ask me).
The LDT pushed the RG 9 yards into the backfiled toward Watson while the LDE pushed the RT toward the same spot.
What's worse is that the Texans sent all the other (6) blockers to the non-play side, since it was supposed to be a run fake??? (But the linemen showed pass pro).
Watson did all he can to scramble for 7.
The darn QB had to play against his own HC, too.
1 1:26 3 3 BUF 40 Deshaun Watson sacked by Trent Murphy for -6 yards
"Sack 2: -6 yards (Trent Murphy)
Time: 1:26 in the first quarter
Situation: third-and-3, Buffalo 40-yard line
Later in the first quarter and inside Buffalo territory, the Texans saw a promising drive end due to a third-down sack. The Bills only rushed four, but once again, Watson was under pressure almost immediately.
There’s something wrong with a running back blocking a pass rusher by himself while four offensive linemen block two guys, yet that’s what happened. Duke Johnson did his best to block Matt Milano, but he got the pressure on Watson, who escaped and was sacked by Clark’s man (Murphy).
Clark did his job on the play, and Watson had no options available downfield. So why was Johnson stranded against a pass rusher who was obviously coming? To me that’s a failure on the interior line — Fulton in particular.
Who was at fault: Fulton"
My view: The Bills sent a LB in on a 4-man zone dog; he came in on the right side of the offense (inside the RT), and dropped the RDE back into a zone coverage.
I'm not necessarily against a RB picking up the blitz since the LDT was coming right at Fulton.
But when the C came in to help double team, Fulton probably needed to get back to help out the RB.
The real problem here was the TE 83 had slipped and fell down on all four as he made the turn on a quick swirl route (up a couple of yards and make a near-180 turn to the inside).
Watson had to pull the ball back or risk an INT.
By that time, the pressure was right on him.
PUNT.

2nd Qtr
Sack 3: 0 yards (Murphy)
Time: 10:09 in the second quarter
Situation: second-and-6, Houston 29-yard line
"While this next play didn’t lose any yardage, it was still pretty dang ugly. It was a good decision by Watson to not throw the pass, but after the fake it all went bad.
Watson stepped into this not-throw so hard that when he reset his feet, he turned all the way around — right into Murphy. That said, the right tackle didn’t do a terrible job on this play. If Watson were stepping around the pocket like any other play, it would have been a successful block.
There’s a tendency to blame Watson when he dances around in the backfield — and you should sometimes. This, however, feels like a coverage sack.
Who was at fault: N/A (coverage sack)"
My take:
It wasn't a fake throw by Watson. He pulled the ball back for two possible reasons:
(1) Two defenders were ready to bat down the pass. The RDT got away with a hand in the face of the LG. The RDE left Tunsil and positioned himself behind the RDT, ready to jump.
(2) The LB was looking to jump the route.
Also, I hate to say this, but Tunsil didn't play through the whistle.
If he had continued on with his task, Watson would have the room to gain at least half a yard, thus avoiding the sack.
(Throwing the ball away still nets zero yard).
Sack 4:-1 yards (Hughes)
Time: 8:23 in the second quarter
Situation: first-and-15, Houston 34-yard line (after a 5-yd false start on Tunsil).
"On this play, just about everything went wrong from the onset, and there’s plenty of blame to be thrown around.
Tight end Darren Fells was the one who got beat, but I really don’t like anything about this play. Bill O’Brien brought in Roderick Johnson, the swing tackle, as an extra blocker on the left side and stacked Fells next to him. However, Johnson looked like he was in slow motion here. The play action didn’t work and Watson’s dropback was too deep for any of the good blocking to matter.
There’s no reason the Texans should have looked so thoroughly overwhelmed on the play. Blame goes to a committee on this one.
Who was at fault: Playcall, Fells, and Johnson"
My take:
The Bills look to be ready to drop into cover 3 against just two routes on either side by the X and Y, both deep go routes along the sideline.
The Texans were looking to fake a run in Max Protect and let Watson take a deep shot (depending on one of the two receivers to make a play - no imagination whatsoever).
Except it turned out to be Zero Protection rather than Max Protect.
Besides the massive failure on the left, the duo LT/LG also allowed the RDT 91 Oliver to split right through them.
2 7:34 2 16 HTX 33 Deshaun Watson left end for 5 yards (tackle by Tremaine Edmunds)
The LG was walked 8 yards back into Watson in less than 2 seconds.
Watson had two receivers on the right; the deep route was still developing against Cover 4; the short route (the RB) was still engaging with his defender at the LOS.
Watson just scrambled out of there for 5.
END OF HALF

Those were the only miscues in the first half, and I don't see anywhere that you can call any play BAD on Watson's part. And the real good stuffs haven't even begun yet.
O'Brien's scheme was simply "too primitive"; it also put the players in positions to fail.

Last edited:
Clint Stoerner made a great point the other day regarding DW4 that I’ve actually long suspected with him. He needs to get better reading long to short. He tends to stay on the deep route reads too long. This is what happened on the int in the KC game. He held the ball way too long trying to get it downfield and if u watch that play on the All-22, you can see DJ31 standing all alone as his check down; would’ve been at least a 15 yard gain if he checks it down to him. He has to learn that If the deep route isn’t there, he HAS to check it down and get it to his playmakers.

see screenshot of the all-22 below

View attachment 6643

That image sure goes a long way to prove what I've been saying for ..... months. "He misses open receivers"

I don't know how to post these things .... but I've come across literally dozens of plays that are similar in nature to this one while watching the All-22.

He's got a wide open check down and another guy who has his defender's hips turned deep for an easy completion ....

Protection is fantastic but he wants to force the deep throw.

Waiting , waiting , waiting .... Hit the panic button.

Lets clear this up ...

Players & coaches are fair game for criticism , nicknames like Buttchin ....

How many times have you said negative things about OB ? I've said much the same as have most of us , directly and indirectly.

What is outside the rules is directing those insults and criticisms at other posters.

Keep it about the game , its players , strategy , finances , coaches and even the cheerleaders (@Texan_Bill 's favorite subject - RIP Brother).

I never called him stupid or dumb. Big difference.

That image sure goes a long way to prove what I've been saying for ..... months. "He misses open receivers"

I don't know how to post these things .... but I've come across literally dozens of plays that are similar in nature to this one while watching the All-22.

He's got a wide open check down and another guy who has his defender's hips turned deep for an easy completion ....

When i think of "missing open recievers" i think of guys missing throwing windows and or just not making an accurate throw to an open guy, but yes you are correct, I've seen it alot with him as well...the refusal to check down. To me it's just him getting inpatient. We're talking about a guy who thrived on making big plays in college. So when he can't make those, he gets a little antsy and tries to force it. The other part to this is i think he knows where the ball should go according to the coverage and he tries to hang in there to get it where the coverage dictates. He needs to learn that in the NFL, its more about picking your spots than just rotely reading coverages.

A screen shot doesn't tell the whole story.
We need the time of the play and the down and distance to verify it.

And then, you would need more than one a game to begin to prove a point.

Hoyer had had 5 years in an EP system up to that point.
All of the QBs brought in as FA for OB had had some experience, but Hoyer was the one with the most experience, including 2 years when OB was the QB coach at NE and another year with BOB as the OC.

How long has DW4 been here and why isn't he closer to Hoyer than Os when it comes to operating the offense.

When i think of "missing open recievers" i think of guys missing throwing windows and or just not making an accurate throw to an open guy, but yes you are correct, I've seen it alot with him as well...the refusal to check down. To me it's just him getting inpatient. We're talking about a guy who thrived on making big plays in college. So when he can't make those, he gets a little antsy and tries to force it. The other part to this is i think he knows where the ball should go according to the coverage and he tries to hang in there to get it where the coverage dictates. He needs to learn that in the NFL, its more about picking your spots than just rotely reading coverages.
I've shown a few clips in the past where Tom Brady took more than 5 seconds to go to the receiver.
There are always exeptions to the rule.

True

But he's been playing this way his entire life. Do you really think things are going to change over the next 4 yrs? I dont.

I've shown a few clips in the past where Tom Brady took more than 5 seconds to go to the receiver.
There are always exeptions to the rule.

Couple of things:

Brady has largely always had excellent protection...
Brady is also a master at working the pocket......
Teams were also scared to death to blitz Brady b/c he'd burn their asses.

All of those things seem to work against DW4 for reasons sometimes out of his control...but a few are in his control.

Couple of things:

Brady has largely always had excellent protection...
Brady is also a master at working the pocket......
Teams were also scared to death to blitz Brady b/c he'd burn their asses.

All of those things seem to work against DW4 for reasons sometimes out of his control...but a few are in his control.
And I've seen Brady fail, too.

You also want to remember that Brady wasn't a goat in his third year. Nor was Montana. Nor Bradshaw. Nor Steve Young and so on.

True

But he's been playing this way his entire life. Do you really think things are going to change over the next 4 yrs? I dont.

He has shown the ability to be patient & i don't think he has a problem with playing that way...its when we get behind, he tends to press..which is not entirely a foreign thing with young qbs. Manning in those early rivalry games against the Pats had problems with being patient & tried to force it downfield & the Pats would make him pay for it. Once he learned to stop doing that, that's when the rivalry flipped.

A screen shot doesn't tell the whole story.
We need the time of the play and the down and distance to verify it.

And then, you would need more than one a game to begin to prove a point.

Lol, please stop dude. If a QB has more than 3 seconds to get off the ball & he doesn't, & instead gets sacked or his arm is hit.. its on the qb .......period. In this particular case, he had a little longer, & we were down 2 scores late in the 4th. The deep route wasn't there immediately..check it down. Its just that simple.

He has shown the ability to be patient & i don't think he has a problem with playing that way...its when we get behind, he tends to press..which is not entirely a foreign thing with young qbs. Manning in those early rivalry games against the Pats had problems with being patient & tried to force it downfield & the Pats would make him pay for it. Once he learned to stop doing that, that's when the rivalry flipped.

I hope you're right.

But nothing changed in the Pats Manning rivalry. The refs lack of a PI call in the AFCCG got Manning his 1st ring and an all time great defense got Manning his 2nd ring.

Lol, please stop dude. If a QB has more than 3 seconds to get off the ball & he doesn't, & instead gets sacked or his arm is hit.. its on the qb .......period. In this particular case, he had a little longer, & we were down 2 scores late in the 4th. The deep route wasn't there immediately..check it down. Its just that simple.
All I ask is to give me the time and the down/distance of the play.
That should be simple enough to accomodate.

Back