Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans at 49'ers Game Day Thread

Good enough. But since I haven't met him, I was still on a last name basis. I wouldn't call Tom Brady "Tom", even if I had met him.

BTW, best of luck to Donovan up in Minn., except for next Thursday of course!!

Without getting into it, the circumstances are somewhat different. But for clarification, I should have posted "McNabb."

30 tard attempt...! Anyone else catch that?

scaled.php

:kubepalm:

Good win for the Texans! If the Niners keep playing like they did tonight they might get Lucky.

am I just seeing things, or is the picture cleaner on NFLN than it was on channel 13?

I watched the game on NFL.com and it was the San Fran feed. Then near the end of the game, the feed suddenly got wonky. I wondered what was going on... and then I heard the announcers. They'd switched to the Houston feed for the end of the game.

:wadepalm:

With the 49ers announcers thank god.

They aren't that much better...

They made no comment about Foster pulling up lame, and never mentioned that he was hurt... Don't even think they noticed that he left the game because at one point they called Ward Foster

13 Blows. They had Johnathan Joseph listed on the starting lineups with a picture of Jason Allen next to his name.

QFT
It's not about one guy or another. It's about the team's performance.

QFT
That is exactly right. It's about the team not one guy. Which is exactly why if one guy isn't playing up to a high enough standard he needs to be replaced no matter whT he's done in the past or where he was drafted.

My only gripe is that the texans won't beat good football teams turning the ball over like that's. Sure it works agains 49ers,buffalo,and teams like that, but you won't beat good teams like that.

My only gripe is that the texans won't beat good football teams turning the ball over like that's. Sure it works agains 49ers,buffalo,and teams like that, but you won't beat good teams like that.

Two of those turnovers were awfully flukey and the odds of those repeating again are slim to none. OD's fumble was flukey to me and won't happen very often, especially the way it was taken from him. It looked like Schaub's pick was the cause of sunlight in his face and he just underthrew it. Once again a rare case. No excuses for Ward's fumble.

Here's some of my observations from the game:

Offense: Matt looked good overall. The td pass to Owen was a bit of a wobbler, but he did what be was supposed to and picked them apart. He had some meh throws, but I think the offense has been extremely vanilla.

The running game was good. They didn't bust long runs but they consistently got about 3-5 yards. I think ben Tate will probably take some of wards snaps.

The o-line was good all around. I thought Casey played very well blocking and catching. Been saying it since before vonta moved on that Casey adds a weapon to the offense. I also saw him with a really nice block in the passing game yesterday. Od is a beast. Dreesen is really good.

Behind aj and Walter I have not been overly impressed. The talent is there with guys But the consistency isn't. Jj made a good catch yesterday and then he didnt come up with one that I thought he should have. Overall though I think we will be fine with all the receiving options we have.

Defense:

Watt is a beast and continues to prove it. Cody actually showed life yesterday and made two nice plays in the run game. Antonio is doing great against the pass.

I think that the 34 alignment spreads the oline out more and it gives guys more room to operate and beat their man. I think that's why different guys are able to consistently step up.

Cushing looked good to me yesterday. I didn't really notice the other ilb's. I thought the safeties were fast to the ball and I didn't get a good read on the corners because the niners passing game was so pathetic. I thought Mario looked good and I think he showed some of his freakish ability jumping over the would be blocker only to get called for a helmet to helmet on the qb. If he gets his hands up there he would have been a lot more effective.

Jacoby is the best punt returner on the team but that isn't saying much. Coverage is still a little shaky.

I think that the rotations that they have going in the front seven will work well. The players they have compliment each other well and collectively they have been/should continue to give qb's problems.

Roster moves to be made today.
Wr positions wide open.
OL is a concern.
Tough decision at safety and corner. Plans to get a good look at them this next week.
Likes the olb rotation.
Leinart looked much better. Has to remember Leinarts circumstances.

Troy Nolan must have Kubiak and Wade thinking about moving Quin back to CB.

I dont know about a permanent move but he had mentioned Quinn being a possible nickel guy and getting Nolan on the field in those situations.

He said Nolan is a playmaker and needs to get on the field some.

I'm not sure what I think of Nolan. He turns up big in PS, but looks lost once the RS starts.

Back