Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans and Refs

I'm not excusing it, but the game is fast, there are 22 guys flying around hitting each other for a play that is over in 5 seconds or so. That rip across the facemask only took a second and it's possible that the officials had guys in their view or whatever...it's just impossible to see everything all the time.

The NBA is different. Crap like the superstars having a different standard or certain guys can walk...all that is bush league. I don't see that in the NFL. Just human mistakes. I can live with human mistakes. That contrived crap to please the home fans is something that drives me from the NBA as well. It's a travishamockery.

Precisely why I don't watch basketball anymore. Jordan was a damned horse theif who got away with MURDER. Don't believe me? Look at the "game winning" shot he took to win his last championship. He gave the guy gaurding him a HARD shove to the deck to make sure he was open...then sunk the shot. It was CLEARLY a flagrant foul but because it was the "GREAT MICHAEL JORDAN" no call was made and the Bulls were GIVEN a title.

I would tend to agree with you somewhat Vinny but did you happen to watch the Jets vs Dolphins on Monday Night? That Revis pick six was incredibly obvious Pass Interference that he didn't get called for because hes a big name, and lets face it.. big name players in the NFL can get away with more pushing off safeties and CB's as well, even AJ gets away with it a lot.

Officiating didn't lose the game....the 76 yards in the last five drives did.

This is true, however:

Bad officiating is still bad officiating any way you slice it no matter who won or lost. I have seen a lot of crappy no-calls, followed by ticky-tack stuff and it makes me wonder if these refs are getting peer reviewed and if the NFL is trying to bring newer people into the officiating fold.

This is all over the league by the way, and is not confined to only Texans games.

I would tend to agree with you somewhat Vinny but did you happen to watch the Jets vs Dolphins on Monday Night? That Revis pick six was incredibly obvious Pass Interference that he didn't get called for because hes a big name, and lets face it.. big name players in the NFL can get away with more pushing off safeties and CB's as well, even AJ gets away with it a lot.

Who knows why they didn't call it.... Brandon Marshall was given as much as he was getting in that game. Maybe not on that play, looked like he was falling & trying to initiate contact to me.

Yeah, its possible that the refs were just letting them play it out if they were both being physical all game sorta like the AJ/Innegan thing. If that is the case then I would change my opinion from bad to good officiating there.

If you're viewed as a "gimmie" win and the NFL's prison b-yatch you're not supposed to fight you're supposed to lay down and take it.

To return to the original thread topic, I think this is the answer. I viewed it from the other side and had the same opinion growing up a Cowboys fan. The traditional winning team gets more calls in their favor. It isn't some anti-Texan conspiracy but we have no legacy of winning so we are one of the affected at this point. Other teams experience the same thing. It does effect games though and I think people are wrong to discount that regardless of whether the Texans are playing or not.

To return to the original thread topic, I think this is the answer. I viewed it from the other side and had the same opinion growing up a Cowboys fan. The traditional winning team gets more calls in their favor. It isn't some anti-Texan conspiracy but we have no legacy of winning so we are one of the affected at this point. Other teams experience the same thing. It does effect games though and I think people are wrong to discount that regardless of whether the Texans are playing or not.

I don't know. I think since we aren't winning, every little thing is micro analyzed. Ray Rice had two or three instances he thought he should have got a face mask penalty. I agree on two of them. I'm sure had the Ravens lost, they'd be talking about those. I'm sure there was a blatant hold on Ngata or Cody that wasn't caught.... but we don't care, we aren't looking.

Hell I'm sure that PI on Jacoby would be a major topic for them had they lost.

For me, the bottom line is we still had an opportunity to take the lead & take command of this game. We've got a pro-bowl TE (our #2 receiver), a pro-bowl RB, a pro-bowl QB, & damn good possession receivers in Walter & Dressen. David Carr would have won a Super Bowl with that kind of talent on offense and the mediocre line we have in front of Schaub....... I kid.

But we had our opportunities, 2 of them, we didn't get it done. I watched the game again & the play calling was not the problem.

Back