Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2014 OTAs begin May 27

I'd already watched the links that PL'offs posted but it just reinforced what O'Brien's message has been since day 1, TEAM. I can see one thing like everyone else, the man IS consistent, with his message...

At the same time there's a starting WR MIA. Most certainly an assumption on my part but does anyone else get the impression that the HC is choosing his words discreetly/non-committing? You know, like a "put a lid on it" directive...from the most comfortable chair in the house? :thinking:

*I KNOW there's a thread for that I thought it fit here.

There were people who disliked the lack of information forthcoming from the front office during the Kubiak era. They ain't seen nothing, yet. O'Brien wants complete control over what his players say to the media. He gives them the line they're supposed to say. He's schooled them on how to dodge questions and what to turn any question into: I'm just learning my playbook, I'm just trying to be a good teammate, I'm just going to talk about the people who are here, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Too much of a deal is being made about AJ. Personally I'm still not expecting too much from this team this season. I wouldn't be upset if Andre decided to retire. (Other than it'll bump up DeAndre Hopkins' value in Fantasy Football and I'm planning on stealing him late in my keeper/new dynasty league start-up)

If he retires the WR I want to see make the team has a better shot (Bonner) If he doesn't he'll be on an at best 7-9 team this season. That's personally where I think this team is at right now. The coaching is a lot better(at least more hands on), and we'll have Foster back, but unless Newton improves greatly and doesn't re-injure himself I'm still fearful about what happens on the right side of the Oline. Also, QB is still a huge question mark, the only one I actually want to see start is Keenum, and that's because he's the most fun to watch.

Five things we learned from Texans' OTAs

By Tania Ganguli | ESPN.com
Mandatory minicamp begins Tuesday for the Houston Texans after three weeks of hot, fast-paced, information-packed organized team activities. So far, everything has been voluntary.

Texans players learned a lot about their changing systems and coaches learned a lot about their new players. Watching, the rest of us also learned a few things. Here's a rundown:

1. Head coach Bill O'Brien brought in a staff that...

2. Rookies have been told to keep...

3. Jadeveon Clowney will be a...

4. Derek Newton is the Texans'...

5. Andre Johnson is a man of his word...

Back