Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Teddy Bridgewater

exactly what I have been saying for long time. Good post & reasoning especially with risk mentioned with all players in top ten. As I am a right now guy, I'd rather have Cleveland's #4 and #26 + #73 & #79 as players I love in third. I could also see then trading #4 down to pick up even more picks. No telling what happens a year from now.

If we aren't sold on any of the QB's at #1 then why would another team be? If we aren't willing to draft one guy with 1-1 then why would Cleveland be willing to trade 4 picks to be in that same position?

Yea, after the RG3 fleecing/fiasco I doubt many teams will be willing to mortgage the future irrespective of talent available.

So the knock on Teddy has gone from small hands to a less than perfect release angle? I'm still feeling great. Folks keep using the "I wouldn't take Teddy just because" argumentnot lending anything tangible to their stance.

Name me another pro ready QB with the cerebral ability of Bridgewater. I'll wait.

If we aren't sold on any of the QB's at #1 then why would another team be? If we aren't willing to draft one guy with 1-1 then why would Cleveland be willing to trade 4 picks to be in that same position?

Exactly.....imo people fall in love with suggesting these trade down deals b/c not only is its alot easier to just throw them out there, they somehow get it in their head that it will ensure you get every player you might like at a position of need. The reality is, it almost never works out that way.

As many times as I've stated my personal preference for a trade down, the vibes that I'm getting is that O'Brian will take his QB with that first pick. It's been pointed out that several successful QB's have a side arm delivery, so I'm zeroing in on all the positives that Bridgewater possesses and slowly getting on board with this young talented player. We still have the combine, college days and interviews; but it's looking like Bridgewater will be O'Brian's choice.

lol, that's not how these guys think.

They just hate on every QB at the top of the draft no matter what until this golden knight comes riding in on his silver stallion that is a famous QB's son.

But that year we won't be in a position to draft the QB and they will all say that's who we have to get, bla bla bla, when it's obviously impossible.

They won't realize that over the past 10 years 8 different teams will have won Super Bowls including 2 guys that your team passed on because they weren't that specific golden knight on their silver stallion.

lol, that's not how these guys think.

They just hate on every QB at the top of the draft no matter what until this golden knight comes riding in on his silver stallion that is a famous QB's son.

But that year we won't be in a position to draft the QB and they will all say that's who we have to get, bla bla bla, when it's obviously impossible.

They won't realize that over the past 10 years 8 different teams will have won Super Bowls including 2 guys that your team passed on because they weren't that specific golden knight on their silver stallion.

Tell him FTW, explain how it only takes one team to fall in love. Cleveland missed out two years ago, will they miss out again. Desperate people/teams do desperate things.

exactly what I have been saying for long time. Good post & reasoning especially with risk mentioned with all players in top ten. As I am a right now guy, I'd rather have Cleveland's #4 and #26 + #73 & #79 as players I love in third. I could also see then trading #4 down to pick up even more picks. No telling what happens a year from now.

If people think Bortles,Carr,Mettenburger,Boyd,and Murry are top notch type qbs,why would cleveland give up extra picks to move 3 spots? That's the problem with all these trade down scenerios which contradicts everyone who uses the trade down scenerio.

Check this: If the trade down posters are saying TB isn't a franchise qb,why would cleveland give up extra compensation for him? If the gap is as close as some say,which I don't believe,why wouldn't those teams just stand pat and take the highest rated qb? When washington moved up to get rg3,it was because they identified him as a franchise qb and they were in competition with that same cleveland team still looking for a qb. The same cleveland team who is really good in the trenches,but can't win more than 4 games I might add. Stl ,who got all these extra picks and are also great in the trenches, are no closer to the playoffs than they were 2 yrs ago and have one of the highest paid bum of a qb in bradford. I see all these great trench teams winning 5,6,7 games. These build the trench guys kill me,lol.

Again, if they acknowledge TB as a franchise qb,there isn't a pick or player you can give the texans for that pick. Think about this,who would give up their qb for JJ Watt? I mean who is the best qb you could get for one of,if not the best defensive players in football? You couldn't get any qb from the nfc east,none except ponder from nfcn, maybe bradford ,none except maybe glennon, and that's just nfc.

That is exactly why we will be talking about taking non QB player X (most likely Clowney ) after he blows up at the combine. It's all a big chess game.

So would you rather draft a QB that has the similar size and athletic ability of Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Peyton & Eli Manning, Andrew Luck like say Blake Bortles or would you rather draft a QB who looks like Geno Smith's skinny smaller younger brother who throws sidearm like Uncle Rico say like Teddy Bridgewater?

So would you rather draft a QB that has the similar size and athletic ability of Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Peyton & Eli Manning, Andrew Luck like say Blake Bortles or would you rather draft a QB who looks like Geno Smith's skinny smaller younger brother who throws sidearm like Uncle Rico?

Vince Young looked good in pads too. I'll take the guy who can run an NFL offense.

So would you rather draft a QB that has the similar size and athletic ability of Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Peyton & Eli Manning, Andrew Luck like say Blake Bortles or would you rather draft a QB who looks like Geno Smith's skinny smaller younger brother who throws sidearm like Uncle Rico?

Bless your heart, still hung up on looks and arm motions.

Name me 1 other pro ready QB who does more at the LOS than TB.

Maybe its just me but I feel UofH defense is underrated. They gave more than 1
QB troubles.

...I wasn't being a jackass I truly want to see your evals and where our differences may lie. It will help with the back and forth discussion. If you dont want to do all of that typing that's understanable.

Comparison between the top seven QBs in this draft. This is not necessarily a direct comparison of their respective talents, but more of a comparison done to show who is the most pro ready and who needs the least amount of tweaking to make their game adaptable to the pros.

That is what I covet when looking at QBs making the move from college to the NFL. Example, I believe that Manziel is a more physically gifted player than Carr, but I believe that Carr's skills are more easily transferable and thus more likely to sustain long term success in the pros.

I rank QBs based on nine categories. They are listed in order of importance, determined by what skills I think are most necessary to be successful in the NFL. The scale is weighted to reflect this.

My rankings:

Accuracy - ability to put the ball in the safest location for only the receiver to have a play on it
- Bridgewater - 9
- Manziel - 8
- McCarron - 7
- Carr - 6
- Mettenberger - 5
- Bortles - 4
- Hundley - 3
Decision Making - ability to read defenses and find the right receiver quickly and efficiently
- Bridgewater - 8
- Mettenberger - 7
- Carr - 6
- McCarron - 5
- Bortles - 4
- Hundley - 3
- Manziel - 2
Pocket Presence - ability to locate and avoid the rush while keeping eyes downfield
- Bridgewater - 7
- Bortles - 6
- Manziel - 5
- Carr - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Mettenberger - 1
Pre Snap Reads - ability to diagnose defense before the snap
- Bridgewater - 6
- Mettenberger - 5
- Carr - 4
- Bortles - 3
- McCarron - 2
- Hundley - 1
- Manziel
Arm Strength - ability to make the required throws
- Mettenberger - 5
- Carr - 4
- Bortles - 3
- McCarron - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Manziel
- Hundley
Intangibles - leadership, courage, heart, etc.
- Manziel - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- Mettenberger
Delivery - mechanics required to be consistently efficient passer
- Carr - 3
- Mettenberger - 2
- McCarron - 1
- Bortles
- Manziel
- Bridgewater
- Hundley
Improvisation - ability to make the best of a bad situation
- Manziel - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Hundley
- Carr
- McCarron
- Mettenberger
Size - frame desired to be efficient and durable
- Mettenberger - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- McCarron
- Hundley
- Bridgewater
- Manziel

Total Grade
Bridgewater – 36
Carr – 27
Mettenberger – 26
McCarron – 23
Manziel – 21
Bortles – 20
Hundley – 11

Bless your heart, still hung up on looks and arm motions.

Name me 1 other pro ready QB who does more at the LOS than TB.

Maybe its just me but I feel UofH defense is underrated. They gave more than 1
QB troubles.

They were actually...i watched a good portion of that UH vs UCF game and they made his other lover blake bortles look like trash....u dont hear texian talking about that though...

LOL if he can read defenses why did he threw checkdowns all game long? He threw checkdowns because he cant read defenses. Jason Campbell 2.0

Are you for real? Lol

How do you explain his 460 yards against Miami? Please bless the board with your wisdom.

Pssss, QBs have bad games, I know I know its shocking to think but still true.

Continue trolling.

So would you rather draft a QB that has the similar size and athletic ability of Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Peyton & Eli Manning, Andrew Luck like say Blake Bortles or would you rather draft a QB who looks like Geno Smith's skinny smaller younger brother who throws sidearm like Uncle Rico say like Teddy Bridgewater?

Don't forget Ryan Leaf , Josh Freeman , Matt Schaub , Dan Mcguire , Jamarkus Russell , Sam Bradford , and Brandon Weedon .

I forgot to add the following: que all the Teddy fanatics who have not only checked his prostrate but have also given him several colonoscopies. They will now come out in force. :)

What about a guy who doesn't throw 2 picks vs a terrible Baylor defense?

I forgot to add the following: que all the Teddy fanatics who have not only checked his prostrate but have also given him several colonoscopies. They will now come out in force. :)

Texian don't forget about Ryan Leaf , Josh Freeman , Matt Schaub , Dan Mcguire , Jamarkus Russell , Sam Bradford , and Brandon Weedon .

Awww, nothing tangible left to hang your hat on and the infantile rhetoric rears its ugly head. Sure sign of a defeated person in a debate.

I know you are but what am I? Sad.

- Manziel - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- Mettenberger

Not sure how you give Bridgewater a 1. Heart? Dude came off the bench with a high ankle sprain and broken wrist to beat Rutgers for the Big East title last year. Courage? He took a huge hit on the first play of the Sugar Bowl last year and then proceeded to dissect that defense for the rest of the night. Leadership? Just watch the Miami game or listen to his coaches/teammates talk about him.

Love seeing some of the Bridgewater articles here. I think what's funny here is some people over thinking it or wanting to out draftnick each other, or least that's what it feels like.

Bortles, to me at least, has Tannehill 2.0 written all over him. People are going to fall for prototypical size you now want but I'm not sold on the rest of his skill set. Someone is going to take him high and spend years hoping he makes them look smart. Manziel might go high on hype alone, but his dedication to the craft of being a QB concerns me too much to give the keys to a franchise. Only other mentionable qb who is no longer a first rounder is Murray.

To me, in terms of being a qb, Bridgewater is this year's Andrew Luck. All he's done is operate a pro style system and now is easily most polished in this class. If he wasn't at Louisville and at a more recognized program he would've been under the same microscope Luck was and still excelled.

I think it's pretty obvious the FO has to grab a QB this year's unless for some reason they find Keenum adequate enough to warrant building around. I don't have that confidence at least.

You can try to sell me on the value of Clowney at #1, but behind Smith and Watt they'll have to find creative ways to get him PT. I dunno bout you cuts but the thought of a part time player outside a QB at #1 leaves a lot to be desired. Matthews has clear value and skills but is a RT worth the #1 overall? Either case what's your play at qb moving forward?

Another year's of well, wait til next year's crop comes out.. This one sucks. Trade for a valued backup again? No thanks.

Comparison between the top seven QBs in this draft. This is not necessarily a direct comparison of their respective talents, but more of a comparison done to show who is the most pro ready and who needs the least amount of tweaking to make their game adaptable to the pros.

That is what I covet when looking at QBs making the move from college to the NFL. Example, I believe that Manziel is a more physically gifted player than Carr, but I believe that Carr's skills are more easily transferable and thus more likely to sustain long term success in the pros.

I rank QBs based on nine categories. They are listed in order of importance, determined by what skills I think are most necessary to be successful in the NFL. The scale is weighted to reflect this.

My rankings:

Accuracy - ability to put the ball in the safest location for only the receiver to have a play on it
- Bridgewater - 9
- Manziel - 8
- McCarron - 7
- Carr - 6
- Mettenberger - 5
- Bortles - 4
- Hundley - 3
Decision Making - ability to read defenses and find the right receiver quickly and efficiently
- Bridgewater - 8
- Mettenberger - 7
- Carr - 6
- McCarron - 5
- Bortles - 4
- Hundley - 3
- Manziel - 2
Pocket Presence - ability to locate and avoid the rush while keeping eyes downfield
- Bridgewater - 7
- Bortles - 6
- Manziel - 5
- Carr - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Mettenberger - 1
Pre Snap Reads - ability to diagnose defense before the snap
- Bridgewater - 6
- Mettenberger - 5
- Carr - 4
- Bortles - 3
- McCarron - 2
- Hundley - 1
- Manziel
Arm Strength - ability to make the required throws
- Mettenberger - 5
- Carr - 4
- Bortles - 3
- McCarron - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Manziel
- Hundley
- Manziel - 4
- McCarron - 3
- Hundley - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- Mettenberger
Delivery - mechanics required to be consistently efficient passer
- Carr - 3
- Mettenberger - 2
- McCarron - 1
- Bortles
- Manziel
- Bridgewater
- Hundley
Improvisation - ability to make the best of a bad situation
- Manziel - 2
- Bridgewater - 1
- Bortles
- Hundley
- Carr
- McCarron
- Mettenberger
Size - frame desired to be efficient and durable
- Mettenberger - 1
- Bortles
- Carr
- McCarron
- Hundley
- Bridgewater
- Manziel

Total Grade
Bridgewater – 36
Carr – 27
Mettenberger – 26
McCarron – 23
Manziel – 21
Bortles – 20
Hundley – 11

Where is your Bridgewater Prostrate and Colonoscopy report? :)

Where is your Bridgewater Prostrate and Colonoscopy report? :)

19789999.jpg

They were actually...i watched a good portion of that UH vs UCF game and they made his other lover blake bortles look like trash....u dont hear texian talking about that though...

Bridgewater vs. UH
19/29 for 203 yards with no turnovers.

Bortles vs. UH
17/24 for 210 yards with 1 INT and 1 Fumble.

Did y'all not see the final score?

What about a guy who doesn't throw 2 picks vs a terrible Baylor defense?

and who might that be?

Not sure how you give Bridgewater a 1. Heart? Dude came off the bench with a high ankle sprain and broken wrist to beat Rutgers for the Big East title last year. Courage? He took a huge hit on the first play of the Sugar Bowl last year and then proceeded to dissect that defense for the rest of the night. Leadership? Just watch the Miami game or listen to his coaches/teammates talk about him.

It's not a knock on him. This is the hardest category to grade because it is intangible. But I have him rated fourth in the category and the scoring is weighted, thus one point for this category.

Again, if they acknowledge TB as a franchise qb,there isn't a pick or player you can give the texans for that pick.

Exactly.

But not everyone here believes Bridgewater to be a franchise QB. At least no more than several other guys in this draft. & just like we differ in opinion here, there will be 32 differing opinions of the guys who'll be making the decisions on draft day.

At the moment, I don't think Bridgewater is a franchise QB. I don't think Manziel is a franchise QB. I don't think Bortles is a franchise QB. I don't think Hundley is a franchise QB. I don't think Mettenberger is a franchise QB.

I do believe at least one of those guys will be, but I don't think any one in particular is more likely than the other... at the moment. I do believe some GM of some franchise will think so & with luck it will be the guy who struck out two years ago who happens to have two #1 picks.

Awww, nothing tangible left to hang your hat on and the infantile rhetoric rears its ugly head. Sure sign of a defeated person in a debate.

I know you are but what am I? Sad.

Yes but they did come out in full force, in otherwords Dayum the fish are biting tonight. :)

TRYPO

Maybe a little quid pro quo will get you what you request.
Perhaps you should offer to present the findings of your Bortles nut sack taste test first. :)

I did, see post #610.

Hows this for fish food: Snorkel gets a 2nd round draft grade and someone thinks it means top 10. Lol

Yall know what grade the panel gave Teddy B? I don't either Teddy didn't need to request a grade.

Back